• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • Michelle's Story

Michelle's Story

123456...16

The funeral was a very small affair.

Andy was very surprised to see that he and his wife Michelle were the only ones from the cul-de-sac to attend.

Looking about the chapel there were only eight people who had bothered to pay their respects. Andy moved closer to his wife and whispered, "Not a huge turn out by any stretch of the imagination?"

Michelle looked about the chapel and replied quietly, "No you're right, there's not is there," she whispered her reply, "It's sad."

"We're the only ones from round our way," Andy added still whispering.

"It's not surprising after all the problems they caused," she revealed, "Their son caused a lot of friction over years."

Andy nodded, "They didn't help the situation either."

"No I suppose not but it is a real shame that Mervin has lost his father especially after that dreadful accident."

"Are we going back to their house?" asked Andy.

"We were not invited," replied Michelle, "I don't think I want to anyway. It is going to be a very sombre affair and I don't think I could stand it."

"No, you're probably right. As soon as it's over we'll scoot out."

Michelle nodded and then the service started.

There were no songs sung and the service was extremely short. Within ten minutes, even less by the time the coffin was suddenly moving into the wall, the door automatically opening. Andy stood and watched Mervin as he stood next to his mother. He was wearing a black suit with black tie and white shirt. His mother was in a black dress with a veil over her face, she was sobbing. Mervin though, he was standing upright, straight of back as the coffin disappeared into the wall, the door closing after it and then the curtain closed obscuring the door.

Music from an organ stared playing and people started to leave the chapel.

Andy and Michelle quickly left. It was raining when they got out side, raining hard. They made a dash for their car and got in.

"Christ it sure is bloody raining," Andy said the obvious. He put the key in the ignition and started the car; he put the car into reverse and slowly drove the car out of the parking place.

Mervin and his mother were just coming out of the chapel as they drove past.

The rain came down in a torrent as they drove home. The drive, though short, was in silence and it wasn't until they were home and sat round the kitchen table with a cup of coffee that they spoke.

"I feel sorry for the lad," Andy said sipping his coffee.

"Feel sorry for the whole family after what they have gone through since the accident."

"I never did know what really happened?" Andy said to his wife.

"Don't you remember?" she said surprised, "There was a real fracas over it all even the police were investigated at the time."

"I know all about that side of it but I never really understood how the accident happened."

"He was on his bike; he'd had a row with his then girlfriend. Doing hundred miles an hour through the village, he was. A police car clocked him and gave chase. They chased him all the way across the county until they forced him off the road causing him to smash into a police car."

"I see, well I've got no sympathy for him he was obviously in the wrong."

"Oh there was doubt about that. He was certainly speeding, driving recklessly etc. They would have thrown the book at him as well, probably never driven again if they were to have arrested him."

"So why all the controversy?" asked Andy.

"It all stemmed from a remark by the arresting officer at the time. It caused the press to claim police heavy handedness something Mervin's parents had claimed from day one."

"It all got out of proportion and in the end the police officer resigned while Mervin was lying for seven months in a coma."

"Now he has to have constant care."

"Yes, the accident left part of his brain damaged and they can't determine what except to say that though his body is of a man in his forties his brain has the mental age of a teenager."

"Well it was still his own fault he should never have been travelling at those stupid speeds."

"No one was actually saying he wasn't in the wrong. What they were saying was the Police used tactics that were well over the top but the family never got a penny of compensation."

"I see, well I'm still surprised that no one else went to the funeral."

"Yes well that's for them to say. However, I will say this that the family gave these people round here a lot of trouble. Mervin wasn't the best of people to know ten years ago."

"For a matter of interest how do you know all this?" Andy asked curious.

Michelle smile, "I did a little research of the place before we moved into the house. I was just a little interested in what was happening in the neighbourhood and this story came up. At first I didn't realise that they lived just across the cut."

"Yes I remember then saying when we moved in. They said they had a lot of trouble with some kid trying to wreck the place or something but it all seemed to stop."

"So the neighbours say. Christine is the person to speak too, she and Norman were the first to move into the cul-de-sac as you know they've been living here for some thirty years."

"Well that can all wait for another day I've got to get a move on if I'm going to pick up Lucy from the station."

"You'd better not be late you know what your daughter is like, punctuality is her thing, chucked many a boyfriend because they were late."

"I know, I know." Andy picked up his car keys, went to his wife and gently kissed her, "See you later darling. It's a good hour and half round trip."

"I'll have dinner ready for when you two get back."

Andy and Lucy arrived some three hours later. Lucy is typical eighteen years old who thinks she knows everything and yet knows nothing due to her lack of life experiences. Lucy is Andy and Michelle's youngest, Suzy is their eldest she is at university and will be home for the Easter holidays.

"So what took you so long?" asked Michelle as she began to dish up the dinner.

"Bloody traffic coming out of the airport, they had road works about five miles from the turn off and it was chaos. The traffic must have been five miles long."

"Actually it was an eight mile tailback according to the radio so I took my time in making dinner."

Lucy entered the kitchen with an arm full clothes, "Mum you wouldn't do me a favour would you?" she said sheepishly.

Michelle turned on the sound of her voice. Her eyes widen with surprise at the amount of washing Lucy had brought home with her.

"Christ Lucy where has that lot come from?" asked Michelle as she went to her daughter, took the pile, and let it fall to the floor in front of the washing machine.

"Sorry mum I just didn't get time to go to the laundrette this past week or so."

"I don't know Lucy you always do this to me when you come home for the holidays. You do it at Christmas as well."

Michelle leant over and started putting the dirty clothes into the washing machine.

"So what's for dinner?" asked Lucy.

"I've kept it simple tonight as I knew you were going to be late, bolognaise."

"Nice, you make good bolognaise."

"Yes well, don't you start trying to creep round me now, Lucy Stevens because it won't work?"

Lucy smiled when she saw her mum smiling knowing her mum was just playing. Andy slowly shook his head with a smile of his own. It was at that moment that he suddenly recognised his daughter for what she is. There standing in front of him was the little girl he used to take for walks in the fields all those years ago.

He could remember it as though it were yesterday. He would push Lucy as she sat in her pushchair while Suzy walked along beside her dad. She was a right little chatter box then now she is so shy that she will only speak if you spoke first. She's practically a woman now and has a body to show for it. Suddenly Andy felt very proud of what Michelle and he had brought into this world.

At dinner they sat at the table eating the bolognaise Michelle had made. Andy looked at his youngest daughter to see that she had inherited her mother's looks. She had the same colour eyes and nearly the same colour hair. Her facial features were not quite the same but Lucy's features were just as attractive as her mother's and Andy knew that she would break a few male hearts before she settles down with her man.

"Have you found it fun at college Lucy?" asked Michelle.

"What do you mean mum?"

"You know, have you made friends with other students?"

"I'm not out to party if that's what you mean."

"No I didn't mean that. What I meant was have you met some nice friends. Friends that you go out with and have fun?" her mother said as she twisted spaghetti round her fork.

"I go out, yes mum, but not to party I have a quiet drink with friends and then it's back to work studying."

"Do you have a special male friend?"

"No mum I'm not interested in that sort of thing."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Andy could feel the tension rising in his wife's voice. He knew Lucy wasn't giving her mum the right answers. Although Lucy is rather conservative, she still feels that her daughters should have a good time whilst at college. Meaning, that Lucy should have male friends. With those male friends, she should keep herself respectable and not throw her body at the first lad that comes along. He certainly didn't want her to throw her life away to some young punk that manages to get into her panties on the first try.

"Having a relationship shouldn't stop you from studying," Michelle added as she finished her dinner.

Lucy looked at her mum her face blushing with mild anger, "Just because I'm in college mum it doesn't mean I need to have a relationship."

"Of course not dear, but it will help with keeping your social life healthy."

"I don't need any of that sort of thing," Lucy snapped back, "It will just get the in my way of my studies

"You need a healthy social life young lady; you need friends to help you now and in the future."

"Well I have all the friends I need and I will not lower myself to the kind of things that goes on at college. I'm sure you and dad did those things but I will not," Lucy drove home, "And that's the end of it mum."

Michelle, with her mouth gaping, picked up her plate and stood up, "Well you obviously know best my dear. I just hope you know what you're doing." Michelle walked over to the sink taking her plate with her.

Lucy looked at her dad their eyes met and Lucy raised hers in disgust. She twirled spaghetti round her fork and tried to get the food into her mouth but the spaghetti flipped splattering bolognaise sauce over her blouse, "Oh bugger it," she said in anger.

?

The following day Andy was at the station waiting for the train that was bringing home his eldest daughter Suzie. He loved these family gatherings, as it was great to have his daughter's home. He loved the fact that he had a full house and to have some fun with the three women in his life.

He had some time to kill as the train was thirty minutes late. He went across the road and down a side street from the station to his favourite shop. His hobby was model railways and he had been building one in the loft of their home since Suzie was born. He had been going to this model shop for the same length of time and knew the owner Harry Kern. Andy entered the shop to find it busy, well it was Saturday.

He made a beeline for the loco cabinet and started looking at the steam locos displayed on the shelf. He was soon lost within his own world. His train set took precedence to most things and he started to imagine some of the locos running on his layout.

Then he heard, "Cor I wish I had a train set?" The words brought him back to reality and he look to the direction of the voice.

Andy's face showed his shock as he saw a man who was about five foot seven, eight with very little hair. What remained of his hair lay across his head in loose clumps. The skin on one side of his face had drastically dropped leaving his right eye badly exposed and his bottom lip fell away revealing exposed teeth in a horrific way.

Andy found himself gawking at the man's face as he looked expectantly at the locos in the cabinet. He tried to contain his feelings and quickly turned away.

"Come on Mervin we have to hurry or we're going to miss the bus," called a woman from the door.

Mervin made a loud sucking sound as he turned towards his mother, "Coming mum." He stuck out his tongue and wiped away the spittle that had started to run down his chin. He then took one more look at the display and then followed his mother.

Andy looked at his watch to see that he had five minutes to get over to the train station. He left the store and walked back to meet his daughter. Suzie was nearly the splitting image of her mother. She had certainly inherited her mother's looks and build. Their hair was a rich black; Suzie's eyes were a blue green colour while her mothers are blue.

As he parked his car right outside the entrance, Suzie came out of the station. As soon as she saw her father, that huge smile appeared on her face and Andy was glad to see his eldest. He hadn't seen her for over three months and she looked even more beautiful now than she did then. Maybe it was how she was dressed, but he could have sworn her breasts had grown. Suzie went to her father and hugged him, "Hi daddy, gosh you look great dad," she said surprise on her face, "Have you been working out?"

Andy could feel his daughters breast crush against his chest and he confirmed that his daughter was bigger.

"Nah, it's just your old dad that's all, you know I don't work out."

"Well you look really handsome," she looked at him and then at the buildings surrounding the station, "God, it's good to be back home dad."

"Sounds like you've got a little homesick?" Andy said as he took her suitcase and walked round to the rear of the car. He opened the boot and placed his daughter's case in side. "Get in sweetie y' mum and sister are waiting patiently at home for you."

Suzie smiled and got into the car.

That Easter break was the fastest holiday on record as far as Andy was concerned. One minute he was picking up his daughters from the station, the next he was taking them back.

They had a lot of fun and Lucy and Michelle never crossed words again as her mother left her to her own thoughts on the matter.

Plans for the summer break didn't go Andy and Michelle's way either. They were hoping that the two girls would spend time with them for a camping trip in the New Forest. However, the girls had other plans. Suzie was going to Italy with a crowd of friends for a History pilgrimage while Lucy's friend Sarah had invited her to her parents place. They own a Scottish castle on the east coast of Scotland. Both Andy and Michelle were shocked at their daughter's response but were happy to see their lives taking a turn for the better. The New Forest didn't have a patch on Italy or even a Scottish Castle.

Lucy couldn't resist the dig at her mother about friends saying, "You don't need to have a relationship with men to have friends mum. Sarah is a good friend and we are both adamant that we will not commit to men until after we have our degrees."

Michelle smiled happily knowing that this is what she wanted to hear from her daughter, "That's exactly what I wanted to hear from you sweetie."

Lucy looked at her mum with surprise, and then smiled realising what her mother was saying.

The following day after they had left the house was deadly quiet. Moreover, both Andy and Michelle were saddened and missed their daughters dearly.

The following Tuesday Michelle was vacuuming the carpet when she heard the doorbell ring.

Switching off the machine, she headed for the front door as the doorbell rang again. Michelle opened the door and recognised the woman standing on the doorstep.

"Hello Mrs Stevens, I'm sorry to bother you I came round to say thank you for the lovely flowers you sent for my husband's funeral."

Michelle was a bit shocked.

"They were lovely. Mervin and I really appreciated you and Mr Stevens coming to the service. Not many people came but then we didn't advertise the fact."

"Mrs Farris, you're welcome. Please come in I'll make us a cup of coffee."

Mrs Farris showed surprise, smiled and stepped into the house.

Michelle closed the door and headed down the hall, "Come on into the kitchen Mrs Farris."

There was a mirror on the back of the kitchen door, Michelle saw herself, and Mrs Farris walk towards it and Michelle noticed Mrs Farris was looking at her arse as they went, but what surprised her most was the look of lust on the woman's face.

Michelle opened the door and walked in, "Please sit Mrs Farris, I'll put the kettle on and we can have some coffee."

"Please call me Edna," Edna said as she sat at the table. She looked about the kitchen in wonder; the place was immaculate, clean, tidy, fresh and bright. "You have a lovely home Mrs Stevens."

Michelle busied herself with the kettle, "Oh thank you, and please call me Michelle," and then prepared two mugs of instant coffee ready for the hot water.

"So Edna how have you been getting on?" asked Michelle as she sat at the table.

"Oh I'm fine thanks. Mervin took it quite bad but he's getting over it now."

Michelle looked at the woman and saw the woman was a lot older than she was and it showed with many wrinkles around the eyes, drooping jowls and a double chin. Edna had breasts that were too large for her bra, which was finding it difficult to support. On top of that, she was in need of some new clothes as the ones she was wearing were well worn and dated. The cardigan she was wearing had a few holes in it and frayed badly at the cuffs. The blouse underneath was supposed to be white but you could see it had lost its lustre and now looked grey. Then she saw the woman staring at her breasts - my God! "I'm glad to hear it Edna, did he suffer?"

"Oh no, not at all," she replied, "It was a heart attack didn't feel a thing so I'm told."

"Well I suppose that was some comfort."

"Look I don't want to paint a pretty picture here Mrs Stevens . . ."

Michelle interrupted, "Please call me Michelle."

"Michelle . . . as I was saying I don't want to paint a pretty picture but that man made life hell for me since Mervin had his accident and I'm glad he's gone."

"Oh!" Michelle gasped at Edna's remark. There must have been some serious problems with them if Edna was prepared to say something so disrespectful.

The kettle clicked off and Michelle got up and made their coffees. "Do you take sugar?"

"Two please," Edna responded. Michelle looked over her shoulder and again saw the woman looking at her legs and arse.

Placing the mugs on the table Michelle asked, "Fancy a biscuit?"

"That'll be nice, haven't had a biscuit for many a year."

Michelle went to the cupboard and removed the biscuit barrel, turned to return to the table catching Edna quickly turning away.

Michelle returned to her chair, opened the barrel and offered Edna a biscuit.

"Thank you," she said and started eating, "I also came to ask if you could help in any way?"

"Help," Michelle responded curious taking a bite of her biscuit.

"Yes I was wondering if your husband would give my boy some work in the garden over the summer period." Michelle drank some coffee and went on, "I know this is not the best way of doing things but Mervin is getting me down. He needs things to do, keep his mind active."

Michelle was a little shocked but understood Edna's concern, a boy needs things to do. "Well I'm not sure Edna; I will have to speak with Andy to see if there is enough work to keep him occupied."

"Yes of course."

"Is he okay to work? I mean, you know does his disability allow him to work in the garden?" asked Michelle concerned.

123456...16
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • Michelle's Story

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 13 milliseconds