• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonConsent/Reluctance
  • /
  • Bound At Sea Ch. 01

Bound At Sea Ch. 01

12

The Abduction of Charlotte Brooks

She was quite young when it had happened but the memory was still fresh in her mind. Late one night in 1680 a large crew of Pirates had arrived in London and began a mass raid of the city, triggering chaos. Shops were robbed, families killed and riches stolen. Her father, Commander Vincent Brooks rallied the defence and fought back against the Pirates and their Captain.

It had been a long and violent night, full of bloodshed. She could remember holding onto her mother for dear life when the Pirates had stormed their home and how her mother had fought against them, only to fall at the stab of a sword. The dirty, ugly face of the man who had slain her mother never left her mind, nor did the look of delight on his face when he and his companion noticed her hiding underneath the table.

She screamed and ran for her life, the pirates laughing as they chased her only to be stopped by members of the defence who had seen the house on ablaze. The pirates fled and Charlotte and her deceased mother were moved into a safer location. She later heard stories how her father had fought the captain of the pirate crew and had brought the end of him and how the first mate, Andre West, had sworn vengeance against him as they fled.

Even though it did not bring her mother back, Charlotte had always felt that the killing of the Captain had been revenge enough. He had brought those men into her city and was therefore responsible for all the murders that had taken place that night.

From that time on, Charlotte's Father rarely let her out of his sight. He had taken her on all of his journeys across the seas, determined never to leave her alone, never to leave her defenceless.

'Do you not think it is unwise to bring her along on the seas?' asked one of the crewmembers as she stood at the end of the boat, looking down at the waves crashing against the ship.

'I would rather protect her myself than leave her in the care of someone I cannot fully trust,' replied Charlotte's father sternly, his tone indicating the subject was not open to discussion. 'Andre West knows of her and knows she is my weakness. I'd rather keep her close to me where I can protect her.'

The threat made by the Andre West had been an empty one as no pirates had arrived to seek revenge against her father in the last sixteen years. Of course there had been Pirates in the city since then but they only took part in petty crimes and were rounded up quickly- enough of them that is. There were always holes for rats and snakes to hide in.

Her Father had been given the highest honour after that terrible night, ensuring their family enough wealth and power for the coming years. Her Mother's death never went forgotten and was always mourned by those who knew her. Her Father never remarried and, although it was customary for someone of her age to be married by the age of Twenty-One, Charlotte remained at home and in his company.

She highly suspected that he didn't want to part with the last trace of his wife but she knew sooner or later it would have to happen. Of course people understood and sympathised with her Father but Charlotte was certain there were whispers about how unconventional and shameful it was not to have a daughter married by her age.

She was aware that the son of a trading company had mentioned to his Father how he would like to see more of her and from what she had heard, there had been talks about it yet her Father seemed hesitant. She could do worse, she thought. Much worse.

'By God, Vincent!' cried Wells, the Owner of the Trading Company, as a servant filled his wine glass. He was a short, round man with a thick grey moustache. 'She is Twenty-One! Surely it is time for her to be married?' he smiled drunkenly, nodding at Charlotte who sat at the end table next to Mr. Well's Son, James.

She was dressed in the finest black corset and dress, complimenting her voluptuous figure and bust and her golden blonde hair was fashioned in a series of bouncy curls. She beamed at her Father with her wide blue eyes and he turned looked down at his half empty glass thoughtfully.

One of the servant boys quickly came over to refill it, although her Father didn't seem to pay him much attention. Charlotte found herself looking at the servant boy but only briefly. He was new, she noted. She had been here many times and knew all of the servants' faces, even if she didn't know their actual names.

She had taken to giving each of them their own petname, although she never addressed any of them that way. She didn't quite know why she did it but entertained her. It was as if she were creating characters from life-sized dolls and seeing them interact with each other on invisible strings.

'Perhaps you are right,' was his response and Mr. Wells laughed heartedly.

'James is going to Spain next Friday on some business,' said Mr. Wells, now smiling broadly, his cheeks flushed. This was the drunkest she had ever seen him. 'Perhaps Charlotte could accompany him?'

Her Father's head jerked up, looking alarmed. Mr. Wells only laughed again, patting him on the arm.

'Calm down, dear fellow,' he said. 'I only meant to see what kind of business James and I do. After all, when was the last time she left London?'

'Oh yes, Father!' piped up Charlotte. 'It's been so long since I've been abroad. Please can I go?'

Vincent looked torn. Charlotte's face was lit up with excitement and he hated to disappoint her. The last time they had been abroad she had been fifteen and, if memory served him correctly, she had been miserable the entire trip. Andre, Vincent noted, had not been heard of for years and must have surely have been killed by another pirate crew.

Slowly, Vincent nodded and Charlotte clapped her hands together.

'Thank you, Father!' she exclaimed happily and her Father gave a feeble smile. Charlotte tried not to look too happy about the prospect of a new adventure and it was only when she noticed the new male servant smiling at her did her own smile falter.

He followed his fellow servants into the corridor but something about him had unnerved her.

'Excuse me,' she said, still smiling and got up from her seat and went into the corridor, where she saw the male servant going up the stairs. Pulling up her dress slightly, she followed him up the stairs and round the corner.

He turned, looking amused. 'Anything I can help you with, Miss?' he asked.

Charlotte froze, unsure of what to say. Why had she followed him up here again? Because there was something in that smile, the very smile he was giving her right now, that intrigued her.

'What is your name?' she asked suddenly.

'Jimmy, Miss,' he replied and bowed, still smiling wittily. Was he being sarcastic with her? 'Is there anything the Madam requires?' he asked.

'N-no,' she stammered. 'I was just heading to the rest room. I'm feeling rather ill,' she lied.

'Then don't let me keep you, Miss,' he said and stood aside to let her pass.

Blushing furiously, she walked past and went into the rest room, only coming back after she had decided enough minutes had passed. She did not see Jimmy for the rest of the night.

Charlotte and her Father returned home a few hours later and bade each other good night. Charlotte was helped out of her corset and dress by one of her maid's and slipped into her nightdress before retiring, the imagery of the ocean now playing in her mind and she fell asleep with a smile.

*

The next day Charlotte went to an afternoon tea to tell her friends of what had transpired the night before.

'James Wells is a good man,' commented Victoria, smiling. 'Imagine all the travelling you could be doing. Finally you can go on those adventures you dreamed of as a child. Ones not restricted by your father's wishes,' she added.

Charlotte laughed. 'I doubt I'll be doing much travelling with him and nothing is official yet,' she reminded them.

'James Wells has been requesting more time with you for the past year,' said Francesca, taking a sip from her cup. 'I would not be surprised if you're married by next summer.'

Charlotte reddened at this and drank from her cup with no comment, thinking over Francesca's remark. Could she really be married by next year? How would her Father feel about this? Happy or sad? She tried not to think about this and joined the conversation again.

'I would have to say yes before such a thing transpires,' she reminded them, smiling.

'James Wells is a diamond in the rough,' replied Francesca. 'This city is full of well off men, but not many good ones. He would treat you like a Queen. If you do not agree to marry him, I certainly will.'

Charlotte raised her eyebrows, bringing her cup to her lips. 'You would have to work very hard to divert his attention from me,' she smiled.

Francesca shrugged, smiling herself. 'Oh, I am sure I could find some way to grab hold of his attention.'

Victoria sighed, rolling her eyes. 'Oh can you two please stop antagonising each other?' she asked.

'We are not antagonising each other,' replied Francesca. 'Just a little joke. Now, if you'll excuse me,' she stood up and pushed her seat back. 'I'll only be a moment,' and she left the room.

Victoria leant in towards Charlotte, lowering her voice. 'She's right, Charlotte. James Wells would treat you very well but he will not wait forever. The last thing you want to see is Francesca walking down the street with James' children.'

'I suppose you are right,' Charlotte took a sip from her drink. 'But I do worry about my Father.'

Victoria's lips tightened. 'Charlotte, I admire your Father. I really do. But he has to learn to let go and let you live a life of your own. The sooner he realises that the better.'

*

Charlotte's excitement grew with each passing day. Her Father didn't share her enthusiasm and looked down right miserable, looking grimmer every day.

On the day of her departure, her Father accompanied her to the docks where they met James and his Father. Charlotte hugged and kissed her Father goodbye and, with the help of James, boarded the ship. She stood on the deck and waved to him, the salt water stinging her eyes but she smiled nonetheless.

Her Father raised a hand in farewell as the ship started sailing and soon he was a small shape in the distance. She feebly let her hand drop, suddenly feeling very exposed.

'Are you feeling OK, Charlotte?' asked James and she turned to him, smiling.

'Yes. I just hope my Father will be fine,' she admitted. 'He is ever so protective of me.'

'I do not blame him,' replied James, smiling. 'What do you think of the ship?' he asked and they began walking along the deck, past the workers.

'It is magnificent,' she replied in awe.

'The fastest ship on the British Seas,' James said proudly. 'Well- the fastest non-Navy Ship,' he corrected himself. 'The Captain's Daughter! What a fine ship! We'll port in France. I have a friend there. I'm sure you will get along.'

'I look forward to meeting him,' replied Charlotte, smiling gently.

Charlotte smiled all day and allowed James to show her to her room where all her possessions were now being kept. It was a long yet exciting day and after having a delicious meal, she retired to her room to sleep.

She fell asleep the moment her head touched the pillow, letting the gentle motion of the rocking ship take her away into dreams of adventure. She wasn't sure how long she had been asleep when she was awoken by gunshots, the clanging of swords and the yells of battle.

She slipped out of bed, pulled on her dressing gown and cautiously walked to the window, pulling back the curtain and looked out to find the crew members fighting off a crew of pirates. Charlotte felt her heart drop into her stomach as she watched the onslaught- the crew stood no chance against the pirates.

The blades danced in the moonlight, shimmering. Bodies fell with screams of anguish and Charlotte had to cover her mouth to silence her screams.

That's when she saw them: the two men who had murdered her mother all those years ago. Their facial features were aged but unmistakably the same. They fought their way towards her cabin and she knew that, like so many years ago, she had to run. She had to find a way to safety but as she looked around her cabin she could see there was nowhere to go!

It could not be a coincidence that they were attacking this particular ship. They were here for her! She ran to the other window and fumbled with the lock, forcing it open and the wind pushed through the open window, sending her hair blowing behind her. She looked down at the water and swallowed. There was no way she would survive long without any means of keeping herself afloat.

She had learnt to swim before but had not done it in years. The door to her cabin was kicked in and she rounded on the spot, the two pirates stepping in with satisfied grins.

'Lookey here,' said the one on the right, rubbing her dark beard. 'Little Miss Blondie's all grown up.'

The one on the left chuckled. 'Grown up she has,' he agreed. 'Quite the body on 'er too.'

They slammed the door shut and the one on the right grabbed the rope that was meant to hold the curtains back during daylight hours and tied the door shut. Charlotte swallowed, her hand reaching out for something to grab to defend herself but there was nothing handy.

The two pirates stepped forward, holding their swords up and licking their lips.

'Look so much like yeh Mother,' the one on the left sniggered.

'Go to hell,' said Charlotte frostily.

The one with the dark beard laughed. 'Oh I don't doubt we'll be going to hell, missy. But if we're to burn we might as well burn happy.'

The one on the left held up some rope, dangling it in front of her mockingly.

'There's no use in fightin' us, lovely,' he said. 'Yeh coming with us whether yeh like it or not. Make it easy on yehself.'

Truth be told, she could see no way out of this predicament except throwing herself out of the window but that would surely seal her fate. At least with the pirates there was some chance she could be saved and so she offered her wrists and they tied the rope around them tightly, the rope pinching her skin.

The one with the dark beard grabbed several pieces of her clothing and they pulled her along outside the cabin and she saw that many of the ship's crewmembers had been killed except five, including James. At the sight of Charlotte, he attempted to push forward only to be struck round the head by one of the pirates.

'Keep em alive,' the one leading Charlotte said. 'Captain West wants her father to know who did this,' he pointed at Charlotte and grinned down at James. 'Such a pretty thing, ain't she? Our mate tells us you wanna marry her.'

Charlotte frowned. What was he talking about? How could one of their people know James had planned on marrying her? She looked at James questionably but he didn't appear to have an answer for her.

'We'll be off then,' said the one holding her clothes and they walked to a plank connecting the two ships, helping Charlotte aboard and then kicking the planks off into the ocean.

The pirate ship began to sail away. Charlotte was rooted to the spot, watching as James ran to the side of his ship, calling out her name. Once the ship was out of sight, all eyes turned on her and Charlotte tensed.

A pirate with a long, wiry beard approached her, smiling greedily. He reached out and touched her cheek and she flinched at the touch of his rough hands. The crew laughed.

'Told you she was a beauty,' came a voice and Charlotte looked to the source, finding the servant boy from the other night standing amongst the crew, eyeing her up like his fellow shipmates.

'Yeh weren't lying, Jimmy,' the one holding Charlotte said. 'Think the captain will be pleased?'

'Oh, I am,' said a voice from above and they all looked up at the Captain from the quarterdeck. He was smiling down at Charlotte and rubbed his hands together, walking down the stairs.

'You are Miss Charlotte Brooks, are you not?' he asked and she nodded. 'Daughter of Vincent Brooks?'

'Yes,' she said this proudly and she saw rage flash behind the Captain's eyes but they were soon flooded with childish glee.

'Then I need not explain why we have taken you, Miss,' he said and the crew laughed. He stepped forward and, like the ginger bearded pirate from before, touched her cheek but this time she refused to flinch, looking into his cold brown eyes with defiance.

'You look at me with such hostilities, Miss Brooks. I can see your Father in you but maybe it would be best to show a bit of respect in my presence,' he advised.

'Why would I do that for a murderer and a scoundrel?' she asked him and spat in his face. The crew stopped laughing, going deadly silent.

The Captain took out a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped Charlotte's spit off his face. Charlotte glowered at him and he slapped her across the face with such force she fell to the floor.

Now the crew laughed. Rough hands pulled her up, some going in for a quick grope of her bum or breasts. She continued to stare at the Captain distastefully ignoring her stinging cheek, which was now bright red.

The Captain just smiled now and nodded at the ones holding her.

'Take her to my cabin,' he ordered and they forced her into his luxurious cabin. Some pulled out small knives and started to cut away at her nightdress and gown, despite her cries of protest until she was stark naked.

She shook with shame, closing her eyes as silent tears fell down her burning cheeks. They untied her wrists and quickly retied them behind her back. They stopped to admire her naked form and all laughed. One stepped forward and pushed her down onto her knees.

'Stay there for the captain,' one told her and they all left her alone to contemplate what was to happen to her next.

The door opened again and the Captain walked in, his eyes lighting up at the sight of her naked on the floor and on her knees. He unbuckled his belt and threw his sword and gun aside and then his hat, unleashing his long curly black hair.

'It took me many years to decide how to take my revenge on your Father for killing my Brother,' he explained as he unbuttoned his shirt and threw it aside. Charlotte's eyes now fell onto his muscled torso and arms.

'It only came to me recently that you are now his greatest weakness. It took some time for us to figure out how to get hold of you, but our new recruit Jimmy was more than happy to pose as a servant boy and find out how and when it would be best to take you.'

He shook off his boots and then pulled his trousers down, revealing strong, muscular legs and his already hardened cock. Despite the fact his body was toned and muscular from all the hard work at sea, his face was not attractive. His nose and cheekbones were sharply pointed on his shallow and sickly looking face.

She swallowed but the lump in her throat that wouldn't budge and she felt her throat tighten even more. She refused to look up but she could still feel his eyes burning down on her.

'You will not be returning to him, Miss Brooks,' he told her finally and she reluctantly looked up into his eyes, finding no remorse there. Instead his eyes were hard, cold and determined. 'He will not find you. I do not doubt he will look for you and that's the point. He'll look. He'll still have hope for awhile but eventually that'll fade and he'll have nothing.'

She forgot that she was much smaller than him. She even forgot that her hands were tied behind her back and she was completely naked. She clumsily got to her feet and lunched herself at him to knock him off balance- anything to cause him pain but he was too fast for her and he grabbed her by her neck, choking her.

She gasped for breath, his strong fingers tightening around her throat. He grinned at her with his filthy teeth and spat on her face. He threw her backwards and she fell onto her back.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonConsent/Reluctance
  • /
  • Bound At Sea Ch. 01

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 128 milliseconds