• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonConsent/Reluctance
  • /
  • The "No Intercourse" Rule

The "No Intercourse" Rule

1234

When her husband, Donny, had just had his accident Leah believed that he would recover. She brought him home when the doctors said she could. She fed him, talked to him, changed his pajamas and his sheets, and maintained his personal hygiene. But as time went by, it became more and more apparent that he was not improving; that the love of her life was gone to her now.

Donny had been hit from behind while waiting at a red light. He had been on his way home from work, with a dozen yellow roses and a bottle of wine in the back seat as Leah prepared their anniversary dinner. Five years together as husband and wife plus four before that as college sweethearts. Donny had been her first boyfriend, her first lover, and the only boy or man that ever gave her that pitter-patter in her heart. An unworn seatbelt, a snapping of the neck, and the slamming of the head against the steering wheel had changed Donny forever. He was alive, but little more than a mechanism; unaware of the significance of his surroundings, just a breathing organism that could do little more than react to stimulus with the motor-activity section of his brain. The rest had been too damaged to ever function again.

As time went by, both Donny's parents and her own urged her to put him in managed care. The insurance settlement had assured him care for so long as he survived and had left her with enough to live comfortably for the rest of her own life. After eight months of caring for Donny 24/7, she was finally exhausted and hopeless enough to agree to put him in a facility where his needs would be met.

She had quit her job as a dental assistant when Donny was injured, and had little desire to go back to that. When her visits to Donny no longer felt like enough to fill her days, she signed up for classes. At the gym, at the local college; anything to occupy her mind and challenge her to think about things other than the horrible turn her life had taken and the undeserved fate of the love of her life.

* * * *

Lars Karsten had the world by the tail. Migrating to America in his early twenties, he had landed a job with a major aircraft manufacturer and worked his way up from a mundane job in quality control to being a department head in the experimental division. Marriage, citizenship, children, and a house in the suburbs had all followed as Lars pursued his version of the American Dream.

It all came tumbling down as the economy crumbled. The experimental department was closed, the job was lost, the house was lost, and finally the marriage itself evaporated in front of his eyes. Left with no job, no credit, and no wife, but with plenty of bills and child-support payments, Lars had turned to his new country for help. He signed up for a Federal program to retrain out-of-work Americans and began his college career at the local community college, compliments of Uncle Sam. He would become an American accountant.

And that is where Lars and Leah met. A neon-lit classroom, an endlessly boring lecture, a first glance; and a second glance met by her second glance. Then Lars shrugging his shoulders and rolling his eyes as if to say, "Why are we sitting here listening to this idiot?" And a smile from Leah and a returned look as if to say, "I know, can you believe this?"

Lars sought her out after the class and clumsily introduced himself. There was something about this woman that filled him with hope. And Leah saw in Lars a reflection of her own sadness in life. A brave front for the world; but just behind that a despair that was transmitted only through the eyes. Those beautiful, penetrating blue eyes.

* * * *

From there, they developed a friendship. They would often sit next to each other in class, and before midterms they met in the student union one evening for a study date. More study dates followed, first at the student center, then at Leah's home. Study dates became study and dinner, then dinner and a movie without the studying.

Leah found Lars fascinating. His Scandinavian upbringing lent him a slight air of mystery. Although their friendship was completely platonic, she often found herself thinking of Lars in other ways. She wondered if, being from Europe, he was circumcised. That led her to thinking about what his penis might look like, which led to a stirring in her loins, which led to her feeling guilty, which led her to push those thoughts from her head. She was still a married woman, even if she couldn't share any part of her life with her husband.

Lars found Leah enchanting. So beautiful. So warm. So saddened by the loss of her husband. He, too, felt stirrings for her, but was afraid for his heart to enter into another relationship so soon after his marriage had fallen apart. They both were content to have a close friend, albeit a friend that each found emotionally and sexually attractive.

Then one evening it happened. Sitting on Leah's couch, they had just finished a pizza and each had downed a large glass of red wine. They were watching a corny movie with Cameron Diaz, and had talked and joked about it most of the way through it. Lars had the remote on the arm of the couch to his left, and Leah kept asking for it so she could turn the stupid movie off. Lars refused her, laughing and telling her that it was the greatest movie he had ever seen. Finally, she reached across him with her right hand for the remote, and as she grabbed it his hand landed on hers, and they both just froze with the touch of hand on hand, skin on skin. If she hadn't turned her head for that brief moment, it wouldn't have happened. But she did.

She turned and looked at Lars, her face only inches from his. Then the most natural thing in the world happened; their faces moved towards each other; their lips met; their eyes closed; their hearts raced. Both found themselves melting into the kiss, unaware of anything but the closeness of the other. Leah's lips parted and Lars' tongue found his way to hers. Arms went around each other, tongues gently caressed, Leah pressed herself into Lars and he could feel her ample breast against his muscled chest.

Suddenly, Leah pulled away.

"I'm sorry," she said, her face still only inches from Lars'. "I can't go there. I'd like to, but I can't. I'm still married." She pulled herself away and sat back on her side of the couch.

Lars completely understood. He had felt stirrings for Leah, but was still convinced that it was best for both of them if their relationship remained platonic. He wasn't ready for the complications of a relationship, and from their conversations, he knew that Leah was still unresolved over how to move forward in her life with a husband who was incapacitated.

"I understand," he told her softly. "It wasn't right of me to do that."

But Leah wasn't sure that it had been only him and in fact, it had not. It was an action that they had participated in equally. The kiss was not unwanted by either of them, and each had moved towards the other when the moment arrived. And each had felt the surge from the kiss; the racing of the heart, the swelling of the chest, the comfort of the closeness.

"It wasn't wrong of you," Leah responded. "I just can't let myself go down that path. It's not that I didn't like it. I did. But I'm still married, Lars, and for now, at least, I still feel that I have to stay true to my vows."

"I understand completely," Lars said, looking into her eyes. "And I respect that." He looked at her for a moment. "Let me give you a hug, then," he said in his slight accent, "and we'll go back to just being friends."

She leaned into him, and they hugged.

"I do care for you, Lars. I really do, just not like that." They both knew it was a lie.

* * * *

And just as a lie can't be untold, the feeling of their kiss couldn't be undone. It hovered over their friendship like a hummingbird, wings flapping furiously, thirsty for more nectar. Leah avoided it, pushing it from her mind, but Lars examined it. He did have feelings for Leah, and he knew that at one point his desire for her would outweigh his caution.

Leah's subconscious, however, had other things in mind. She invited Lars over for another movie night a week later. Without conscious knowledge of her intent, she made him a lovely dinner, and drank a little more wine than she normally did. The feeling in the room was different that night. There was an electricity between them, an unspoken and unrealized anticipation of what was to come later in the evening. On the couch, she sat just a bit closer to him without realizing it. She touched him more often as they spoke. Looks that met lasted longer. Each searched the other's eyes for a sign of what they had seen when they kissed. Each had trouble concentrating on the movie, but no trouble concentrating on the other.

Leah said she was cold and pulled a blanket from the cedar chest in the living room. She snuggled underneath it, and asked Lars if he was warm enough. When he replied that he was a bit chilly, she moved over and covered him with the blanket as well. Little by little, as they sat together under the blanket, Leah leaned in and finally rested against Lars' muscular body. The lean became a snuggle, and Lars' arm went around her shoulder underneath the blanket.

It felt so good to Leah to cuddle up to Lars. She could feel the strength of his arm around her shoulder as he gently caressed the top of her arm. She put her hand on his chest and could feel the firmness of his pecs as she lightly caressed him. For his part, Lars had completely lost track of the story in the movie and was focused on the moment. The two of them cuddled on the couch, lightly caressing each other, feeling the warmth and the caring they had for each other.

Their second kiss was inevitable by that time. When the movie finally ended, Leah turned her head up to Lars and silently looked into his eyes. Lars leaned down and their lips met. Gently at first, then with growing passion as each fell into the other.

Leah broke the kiss and turned, laying across Lars' chest as he held her in his arms. She looked up at him, and their faces moved towards each other again. Another kiss, eyes closing, lips opening, tongues searching. Leah's head felt light and her eyes fluttered as Lars kissed her lips softly, then her nose, then her chin, and finally made it back to her lips. She put her arm around his neck and pulled him to her, passion mounting as she thrust her tongue out of her mouth and into his, searching for his tongue, finding it, and wanting it. She sucked his tongue back into her mouth, and suddenly became aware that she was getting turned on. Her breasts were swelling, her nipples stiffening, and she felt the moisture growing between her legs.

Lars, too, was lost in the kiss and his passion and arousal was growing as well. He felt his cock harden and wondered if Leah could feel it beneath her. He kissed her nose, her eyes, her chin, her cheeks, her neck, but always came back to the hungry mouth that met his with an eagerness he hadn't felt in many years. He held her in his arms and caressed her back as they remained locked in passionate kisses.

Lars let his hand drift towards Leah's side, and he gently rubbed up and down. As they kissed, his hand wandered very naturally towards Leah's heaving breasts. His hand briefly slid across her left breast, then returned to cup it over her bra.

Leah felt Lars' hand moving towards her breast, and although she knew she should stop it before it got there, she felt powerless at that moment, so lost was she in the passion of the kissing. Finally when his hand stopped and held her breast, she knew she had to act. She didn't want to; it felt so wonderful to be touched, but she knew she must. She gently reached up and took his hand, moving it away from her breast. Wanting him to know she wasn't upset by it, she kissed his nose, his cheeks, his chin, his neck. He again returned her kiss with passion, letting her know he was okay with her removing his hand.

They kissed and cuddled for the next hour in the dim light of the living room. Finally, Lars pulled away and told Leah that he should be going.

"It is getting late," she said. "And we do have class in the morning." They got up from the couch, composed themselves, then Lars went to use the restroom. Leah gathered up their wine glasses from the coffee table and took them into the kitchen. Lars soon appeared in the kitchen doorway to say goodnight.

"I'll walk you out," Leah said. When they got to the door they embraced and kissed again before opening it.

"Thank you for a wonderful, wonderful evening," Lars said as he looked into Leah's eyes. "It really was something special".

"It was," Leah said, looking down towards the floor. "I think I need some time to digest it, but I don't have any regrets. It felt so natural to kiss you." She looked back up at him and smiled. "I hope we can do it again."

"Any time," Lars replied, smiling, and walked to the front porch.

"Drive safely," Leah said.

"I will, and sweet dreams," he replied as he gave her a light kiss, then moved towards his car.

Twenty minutes later, alone in her room, Leah had her first orgasm since the accident. Thoughts of Lars' kisses, and the brief touching of her breast filled her head as she touched herself. Lars came as well, about twenty minutes later, as he thought of Leah.

And just as a kiss can't be undone, a breast cannot be untouched.

* * * *

Leah went to visit Donny the next day right after class just as she always did. As she stroked his forehead and spoke to him in soft tones, her mind wandered back to the evening before. Kissing Lars had excited her, but the touch of her breast had electrified her and the touch still reverberated in her body. At the same time, she felt guilty.

"Donny," she whispered. "I wish you were here to tell me what to do." She hung her head and wiped away a tear. "I love you so much." She struggled to form her next thought. "I just don't know what to do."

Donny's mother had acknowledged to Leah that one day she would have to move on to a new relationship, and even gave a tacit blessing. But Leah still struggled with the fact that she was married to Donny. He was her husband, even if he was so incapacitated that he didn't know who she was. She wasn't ready to divorce him. It just seemed so cruel and so soon.

She spent another hour with Donny then went to Starbucks for an iced mocha. Sitting outside in the warmth of the early afternoon, she pondered her situation. By the time her coffee drink was finished, she had come to a resolution. She knew how she would handle it. She opened her purse, pulled out her cellphone and dialed Lars' number.

"Hi, Sunshine," he answered in his offhand English. "You sure ran off in a hurry after class today."

"I know," she answered. "I had to get to see Donny."

"You're not feeling bad about what happened last night are you?" he asked.

"No," she said. "In fact, I was calling to invite you over tonight." She could almost feel his smile coming through the phone.

"Should I bring my books?" he asked.

"No, you should probably study before you come over. But you can bring Chinese food."

Lars was thrilled by the invitation, and after saying goodbye went to his car. He had told his kids he'd pick them up from school and take them out for ice cream, and it was close to 3:00. He liked to have contact with them during the week when they were at their mother's. Every other weekend just wasn't enough time for Lars to spend with his children, so he often made dates with them to do things together.

After a lot of ice cream and a lot of laughing he delivered them back to their mother's house. The Jeep Grand Cherokee that he'd noticed in the driveway quite often was there, and he suspected that his ex-wife had a new boyfriend. He didn't press the kids for information, though. He figured they'd talk about it when they needed or wanted to. Besides, he thought, I'm seeing someone now, too, kind of.

On his way home he passed Walgreen's. A thought popped into his head, and he turned right at the next corner, circling back to the drug store. He hadn't bought condoms in years, and the same nervousness and embarrassment he felt in his early twenties swept over him as he entered the store. But he thought he should be prepared. Just in case.

* * * *

When he arrived at Leah's a couple of hours later she was fresh out of the shower with wet hair, still in a terrycloth robe. She gave him a little peck and told him to go on into the kitchen and plate up the food while she got dressed. Lars went in and found two plates, dishing up generous helpings of Sweet and Sour Chicken, Chow Mein, and rice. He put two place settings on the kitchen table, complete with chopsticks, ice water, and soy sauce. Spotting a candle on the window sill, he lit it and put it in the center of the table.

Just as he finished Leah came in the room wearing leggings and a peasant-style blouse that hung off the shoulder. He noticed her full breasts jutting against the loose fabric of her blouse, the exposed cleavage, and the fact that there were no apparent bra straps. He suspected that she wasn't wearing a bra at all. The sight of her cleavage and the thought of her bare breasts gave him a quick tingle.

They sat and talked over dinner. The conversation was easy and normal although both knew there was an elephant in the room. It was comfortable for them to just chat as friends, each understanding that they would talk about the elephant when the right time came.

Finally as they finished their meal, Leah addressed the subject that was on both their minds. She told Lars that she had really enjoyed their make-out session the night before and that although she did feel some guilt about it, she wanted to do it again. She told him of her struggle to come to peace with what still, in her mind, amounted to cheating on her husband. She told him how much she cared for him, and how much it meant to her to have him in her life as a friend and as a companion. She leaned across the table and gave him a soft kiss.

"But," she said when the kiss ended. "There have to be limits." Lars wasn't sure what she meant my limits.

"Limits," Lars echoed, thinking of the condom in his wallet. "What kinds of limits are we talking about?"

"Well first," Leah answered, "we have to go slow." Lars nodded his head.

"I agree," he said in response. "Even though I know I really l like you, I'm still a bit afraid of going too quickly into another relationship."

"And we can't go all the way," Leah said, looking for a response in Lars' eyes. "Kissing is one thing. I mean, friends kiss. Family members kiss. And even friends sometimes play around a little." Lars did not flinch or look away in disappointment. She smiled.

"But I can't have intercourse with another man while I'm still married to Donny," she said.

Lars felt a slight stab of disappointment, but tried not to let it show. He hadn't realized that he was actually planning on that and how excited he was with the thought of it.

"Well," he answered after her statement had lingered in the air for a while. "I think I can live with that. I mean, we've been friends for two months without having intercourse. I don't think this should change anything." A brave face, but he did feel disappointment.

"Good," she said. "Let's put these dishes in the sink and start a movie."

"Yeah," he said as he stood up. "And maybe work on that friendship a little bit." She smiled.

They cleared the table and went into the living room. After going through the charade of finding a movie they both thought looked good on Netflix, they settled onto the couch, with Leah snuggled right up to him. They briefly tried to focus on the movie, but both knew what they wanted and within ten minutes they were laid out on the couch, kissing and caressing each other in all the safe places.

1234
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonConsent/Reluctance
  • /
  • The "No Intercourse" Rule

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 16 milliseconds