• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • The Winter of Temptation Ch. 08

The Winter of Temptation Ch. 08

12

Ian walked into the den, to see his father. He cleared his throat, and all eyes traveled to him. Samantha looked at him, with excitement. Enjoying the bonding she was experiencing with Jacob, and Michael. He smiled back at her, enjoying the twinkle in her eyes. Because of his perfect timing, the game they were involved in was nearing an end. He patiently leaned against the back of the couch, and waited. By the end, Michael wore a frown, as Jacob and Samantha teased him ruthlessly.

"Impossible. I call a rematch." Michael playfully glared at Samantha. "You said you were new to this."

Samantha stuck her tongue out. "Beginners luck." She threw a pillow at his head, laughing as it connected directly with his face.

Ian turned to his dad. "Dad, I have to talk to you about something."

Jacob looked at his son with concern. "What is it son?"

Ian glanced over at Samantha, to see if she was listening. "I have to talk about something that is important to me. I need your advice, and guidance."

Jacob eyes traveled to Samantha, then back to Ian. "Alright." He got up from his seat, walked over to Samantha, and kissed her forehead.

"I'll see you in a bit, buttercup. I have business to conduct. As for you..." Jacob smirked at Michael. "You're on for that rematch, just as soon as I get the opportunity."

Jacob headed to his office, as Ian followed close behind. Once behind the closed-door, Jacob took a seat behind his desk, to eye his son.

"What's on your mind?"

Ian sat facing his dad. Bouncing his leg from nervousness, he fumbled to put words together. Fearing the reaction he may receive from his father at the news, he needed to share. The possibility that his parents were going to be disappointed in him, was very real.

"I don't know where to start." He mumbled after sometime.

Jacob's expression remained the same, as he continued to wait for Ian to open up.

"I have a problem." He started. "With my anger."

Jacob processed what he said, and slowly nodded.

"You acknowledge the fact that you have an anger problem?" Jacob asked. He wrote something down on a notepad, completely in his psychologist state of mind.

"Yes."

"Where does your anger stem from? Do you know?"

Ian thought about the question, as he wiped his sweaty palms against his pants. "Samantha."

At this Jacob's eyebrow went up, but he remained silent hoping Ian would elaborate.

"I experience most of my anger, where Samantha is involved."

"Why is that?"

Ian rubbed his temple, and closed his eyes. "Because I love her."

"You are angry because you love her?" Jacob attempted to hide the skepticism in his voice.

"No. I don't just love her." Ian looked his dad in the eyes. "I'm in love with her dad."

Jacob looked at Ian closely, gauging the truthfulness of his words. The surprise passed fairly quickly, considering he had often thought of the two younglings of being a beautiful couple. With the amount of time they spent together, and how close they were; he was surprised it hadn't happen a lot sooner. He hid the smile surfacing, since Ian was still plagued by something on his mind.

"This makes you angry? Because...?"

"I feel as if I've screwed up badly, and lost my chances with her." Jacob noticed the tick in his sons jaw, as he said this. "She's seeing a new guy, and it's killing me."

"So you feel angry over the fact that she isn't returning the feelings you have."

"No! That's the thing dad. She is in love with me!" Ian voice rose with every syllable.

Jacob eyebrows rose once again. "She's with someone else. Yet she's in love with you." Jacob wrote something down, as he wrote he continued to question Ian. "You stated that you feel as if you've screwed things up with her. Do you think this is the reason she has chosen to date someone else despite her love for you?"

Ian thought about his reply, for a long moment. "I think I am partly the reason. "

"Care to elaborate?"

Nodding, his face turned down in a grimace. "Because of all the girls that I've been with. I've treated them all bad. But not only that." Leaning forward in his seat, Ian rested his elbows on his knee, his steepled fingers, were placed at his lips. His steady gaze connected with those, of his fathers. "I was controlling. I never wanted her to be away from me. I was always afraid I would lose her. "

"How long have you felt this way?"

"Afraid of losing her? From the moment, I realized her maturing body, and how other guys took notice." He thought about the time that occurred. "I would say... roughly around the end of our junior year in high school."

"Is this the first time you've ever admitted these emotions aloud?"

"Yes."

"Hmm." Jacob laid his pen down, and laced his fingers. "You stated that you were controlling. With her? Let me ask you this... have you ever lost your temper, and took it out on her?"

Ian nodded.

"Do you wish to talk about that?"

"I sheltered her from guys at school. I always made sure she was at my side. I let it be known at school to everyone, that she was off limits. I realize now how wrong I was for that. I was such an asshole." He swallowed roughly. "After she started talking to this Calvin guy, I was filled with rage, and jealously. I thought that no one could come in and take her away from me. I was stupid and selfish. I demanded that she stop seeing this guy, and we got in this huge argument. I had a couple of drinks before, so I wasn't thinking straight when I went at her."

"Went at her how?"

"She told me to leave, but I didn't. Instead, I followed her in to the bathroom. Where I came on to her. I took her, out of anger. Without much thought to the consequences I never used protection. Now she is more angry and confused than before. I took advantage of her, and I can't fix it. I don't know how."

Jacob Queen, was at a lost for words. He couldn't believe the things that he just heard. Never had he ever thought his son would be capable of something such as this. He couldn't comprehend how he could hurt Samantha. Anger swelled inside of him, yet disappointment won out.

"Ian, what were you thinking? I never would have thought you could do something like this." Jacob's face turned beet red. "You were supposed to protect and look out for Samantha."

Ian hung his head in defeat. Knowing he deserved everything his father thought of him now. "I screwed up dad!" He felt his eyes begin to sting. "I fucked up everything, because I was afraid of losing her. Now I' m losing her anyway."

Jacob being the professional that he is, was struck stupid by this situation. He didn't know where to begin. "Ian, I'm very disappointed. All of this could have been avoided. You can always come to me Ian when you need help."

"I know. That's why I'm here now."

Jacob cleared his throat. "That's right." He gave a quick nod. "That's what matters now. To figure this out I have to sit down and talk to Samantha."

Feeling completely broken, Ian stood up from his sit. Before he could walk out Jacob stopped him.

"One more thing. Give Samantha space. No matter how hard it is to do so, do it." Jacob also stood up behind his desk. "You shouldn't confuse her more. Let her think about things. If you don't, then you will lose her. Is that what you want?"

Ian knew that his dad knew the answer, yet he asked anyway to run the point home.

"I couldn't live without her."

Jacob shoved his hands deep into his slacks. "Then do as I say. No pressuring. No intimacy, what's so ever." His voice was stern. "I'll have a talk with your mom. Later we all will sit and talk."

Ian silently walked out.

***

Samantha munched on the bowl of chips sitting on the coffee table. Listening intently as Lauren talked about all of the Christmas shopping she'd planned.

"Grandma will be here for Christmas as well. She's very excited to see you."

Samantha smiled. "That's awesome. I was thinking on Christmas day we all get together for a big dinner."

"That's a brilliant idea. Belinda, your dad, and whoever else that wants to come will be welcomed. That way we will truly have time to catch up."

"I'm pretty sure they will be on board with that plan."

"Belinda and I have been planning a function for the children's center this year. We have hundreds of gifts and essentials for children in need. We're also going to organize a dinner for the homeless. So we wanted to ask if you guys could help out." Lauren asked.

Samantha answered immediately.

"Of course, ma."

"No problem Mrs. Queen. I would love to help." Caroline added.

"Glad to hear. I'm going to need you two dress up and hand the presents out to the children."

"That sounds fun." Caroline said.

"That's just the beginning. We're going to decorate the entire center for them. Then-"

"Lauren!" Jacob called.

Laurens eyes widen before she answered. "In here, baby."

She looked over her shoulder as Jacob appeared in the doorway.

Jacob glanced at Samantha before looking at Lauren. "Come with me honey, I have to talk to you."

Lauren stood with a curious face. She began to walk to him, but paused. Turning around she gave both Samantha and Caroline a tight hug.

"Don't you dare leave without saying goodbye."

Samantha nodded her understanding as she watch them walk away. "What was that about?" She wondered out loud.

Caroline shrugged her shoulders. "You ready to see your parents?"

"Yeah. We could go ahead and tell Ian to drive us."

Caroline followed Samantha out of the living room, towards the den. When they walked into den Michael was animatedly talking into his phone, as Ian sat on the couch with one arm thrown over the back with a serious expression on his face. He eyed them as they came in, but kept quiet. Completely different from the way he was before he had a talk with his father.

'I guess that talk didn't go so well.' Samantha thought.

"Ian, can you drop us off at my house. I'm ready to get home to a warm bed."

Ian nodded, as he shifted to rise. "I wish you would stay here." He replied. Forgetting his father's words for a moment. "But I understand you want to spend time with your family. So if you're ready, I'll take you home."

Michael ended his called with a smile, before he jumped in. "Hey, not so fast." He to stood and walked over to them. "I was thinking we could go out to eat or something."

Samantha thought on it as she shared a look with Caroline. "Well we could a bit later."

Caroline grinned. "I would like to go out, experience a bit of the Boston life." She wiggled her eyebrows.

Michael laughed. "We can pick you guys up in the jeep. You guys can just let us know when you're ready." He let his eyes linger on Caroline for a moment before Ian broke the silence.

"Well let's get going." He walked out, leaving them to follow behind.

"Ma! Papa Jac, we're leaving. But I'll probably be back later." Samantha yelled. She rounded the corner to the kitchen looking for Ian's parents. There stood Jacob leaning against the fridge as Lauren rested her hip against the kitchen island. Both look serious, and worried.

"Papa Jac? Ma?" Samantha called once more.

Both looked towards her, surprised to see her standing there. Their facial expressions changed with a smile that didn't reach their eyes, like it normally would.

"Alright, buttercup. We'll see you later." Jacob said.

Samantha smiled back at them, as she continued to think about how weird they were acting. Yet instead of speaking of the awkwardness, she gave a short wave before heading out the foot door to the jeep. As she figured, Ian was behind the wheel, and both Caroline and Michael were in the backseat. Leaving the front passenger seat empty, and waiting for her. Shaking her head she hopped in, knowing it would only be a short ride down the street to her home.

***

Belinda Wilson hugged her daughter once again. Happy to see her home, with them.

"Mama." Samantha gasped as she laughed. "I'm glad to know how much I was missed."

Belinda chuckled as she pulled back, wiping her falling tears.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." She took a deep breath to compose herself. "I'm being such a big baby."

Caroline walked into Samantha's room from across the hall where she was now set up in the guest room. She went over to Samantha's full bed, and plopped down on top of her plush comforter. She silently watched, as mother and daughter interacted. Not able to help the over whelming sense of envy, wishing she had that with her folks.

"Well, I'm not going to over crowd you, and your friend." Belinda said. "It was nice to meet you again, baby. I'm glad you decided to join my Samantha for Christmas."

"I'm glad both you, your husband, and Sam welcomed me." Caroline said, feeling grateful.

Belinda smiled, before walking out the room, closing the door behind her.

Samantha began to unpack her suitcase, as Caroline studied her.

"You, and Ian have amazing families" She stated.

Samantha laughed, and loaded her armoire. "Don't speak to soon. You haven't even met half of them."

Caroline laid back onto the bed, kicking her shoes off. "So, are you going to read the letter?" She leaned up on her forearms to wait for her reply.

"I'll do that when I'm alone. That way I'll be able to think, without input from anyone."

Caroline raised her hands showing she wasn't going to disagree. "I get that. But I will say that, Ian is vulnerable. It's obvious he's really trying to get back to a good place between you guys. I think it's very cute also, with the way he is trying by writing love letters and whatnot." Caroline giggled, as Samantha blushed. "It's adorable, seriously. You know he wants to get in those panties again though."

Samantha snapped around, face scrunched in a frown. "Not happening. Especially at this time, if ever." She turned her back to Caroline.

Caroline grinned with a shrug.

~~~*~~~

A while later, Ian pulled up in front of Samantha's house. He went to beep the horn, but thought better of it. Not wanting to come off disrespectful towards Samantha's parents. Her mom loved him, while her dad was more reserved. Always watching him closely when he was around Samantha. Ian knew that Bradly, watched him intently because he wanted to know his motives. It's been that way since he noticed Samantha's maturity, and transition into womanhood. He almost had a feeling Bradly knew exactly, when, how, and why Ian's feelings had begun to evolve for her. But brooding Bradley always kept quiet, as he observed with hawk eyes. Perhaps just waiting for the sleeping giant in him to be awoken. With the recent events between him and Samantha, and the inevitable telling of what happen. That very well may happen sooner rather than later. Ian preferred never. Yet he knew for a fact, when both Bradley, and Belinda found out what he had done with their daughter it would not be a pretty sight. He just hoped that blood wouldn't be spilled, and that they gave him a chance to explain his love for their daughter. On top of that he wanted them to see the dedication he had to make things better, so one day he could make her his wife.

Heaving a troubled breath, Ian steeled his anxiety, and got out of the car. The snow covered ground crunched under his weight, as he jogged though the light trickle of snow to the front door. He knocked in quick succession before he placed his cold shaking fingers deep into his jeans, waiting for the door to be answered.

When it came open he was greeted by an equally tall figure with dark intimidating eyes. Ian gave Bradley a quick nod, holding his hand out for a quick firm shake, as he stepped forward into the house. Belinda rounded the corner from the hall at that moment, and her face lit up like a Christmas tree. Whatever she was about to do, forgotten as she came over to embrace him with an infectious smile. Ian could only think of how much Samantha resembled this woman.

"Ian." She stepped back and ran her eyes over his physique. "Boy, you get bigger every time I see you."

Ian laughed. "You've said those exact words since I was 15."

"That's because it's true."

Footsteps at the top of the stairs could be heard. Everyone turned to look up as Caroline, and Samantha walked down the steps. Samantha glanced at her mom, Ian, and then her father. She smiled and leaped from the last step right into her dad's arm.

"Hey Daddy! I didn't know you were home."

Bradley smiled, something rare, that only he did for his girls. It changed his features entirely "I Know, baby. I just got in." He squeezed her close for a second, before he let go. Looking over at Caroline he wondered who she was.

"Dad, this is my girl Caroline."

Bradley gave a nod, as he held out his hand. Remembering this was the friend his wife had told him was coming home with Samantha.

"Hey." Caroline said with a grin. Not at all bothered by the intimidating macho man in front of her. She'd been around much worse.

"So where are you guys headed?" Belinda questioned.

"Out for a bit of fun." Ian answered. Pulling his eyes away from Samantha in her tight jean skinnies, all white fur hooded pea coat, and white heeled snow boots. Her hair was freshly pressed and flowing past her shoulders to rest just below her bra clasp, she wore a beanie loosely to protect its beautiful black shine from the fidget weather.

"Yeah, these two are going to show us a little bit of Boston."

"Us?" Bradley asked.

"Ian also brought a friend home for the holidays, why he's not in here I don't know." She looked to Ian. "Where's Michael?"

Ian had to pull his hungry eyes away from Samantha's luscious lips, as she pulled her lip gloss applicator away. Only then did he realize she had spoken to him. Clearing his throat he looked over to Bradley, and knew instantly the man had caught him ogling Samantha, for his face had transformed into a deep scowl. 'Shit. I should have known better. This dude never misses anything.' He thought.

"He's waiting in the car. His parents called, and so he's going to have to wait to be introduced."

"Oh." Samantha said, nodding. "Mom, Dad I'll catch you later. Love you." She pecked Belinda on the cheek, and then went for her fathers.

Bradley mustered a half smile for his daughter as he kissed her cheek as well. But the entire time his eyes never left those of Ian's. Not willing to be intimidated, Ian gazed right back, eye to eye. Belinda interrupted them by stepping towards her husband.

"Alright we'll see you when you get back."

Samantha opened the door and walked out. Ian as well as Caroline waved goodbye as they too headed for the car. Ian hopped into the front seat, as the girls got into the back. After taking off Ian looked at the girls through the rearview mirror.

"Where do you want to eat?"

"It doesn't matter to me." Samantha replied. "How about you Carol?"

Caroline shrugged.

"Let's hit up Dave and busters." Michael added.

Samantha and Caroline perked up at the idea. What was better than food, liquor, and games?

"Dave and Busters it is." Ian got onto I-93 as the girls got into a song on the radio and began to sing along.

***

Everyone laughed, and joked with each of other as they ate. Enjoying the food as well as each other's company. No one felt any pressure or discomfort.

"I think it's time to hit the games." Caroline said.

"Yeah. I second that." Michael said as he stood up, stretching out his long limbs.

Samantha laughed, as she and Ian stood up to follow them towards the games. They automatically went to the ticket winning games, and started the competition on who would get the most tickets. Samantha enjoyed the games were they played as a group. She was in the middle of playing Rambo when Ian walked up to her.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • The Winter of Temptation Ch. 08

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 22 milliseconds