• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Reviews & Essays
  • /
  • Review of Literotica

Review of Literotica

This is a short summation of this erotic website itself. While I haven’t ventured to too many other sites as of yet in hopes of finding erotic publications of the ones I have gone to I haven’t been overly pleased. Too many other sites require names and passwords just to get to the stories. Also while that prevents underage viewing it does also prevent many people from signing up.

As an author I have looked to place stories on other sites once or twice and found that these sites expect you to label your story in one genre or another allowing for very little freedom. To many long involved processes just to try and put work out there for others to read that may not have found Literotica yet.

From a reader’s standpoint I find this site the most appealing because it has so many different areas to choose from. Nearly everything you can think of is covered in one area or another. Perhaps my kink is lesbian domination, all I would have to do is go through the titles and little summaries near the stories to see just what calls out to be read. Also the other way would be to just go to the search section and hunt that way.

The nice thing here is the stories other readers seem to love and get voted upon have little red H’s deeming them a hot read. Also at times the publishing person, Laurel, here puts little E’s meaning it is something she deemed well written or steamy as the case may be. Plus in addition to those tools you can go in and search the top lists in each section and choose the hottest stories to read.

As an author, there are very few limits placed upon us on what can and can’t be written and done. Our main stipulations are no stories containing minors or animals, or violent acts of rape. Also you must learn to use a spellchecker. Grammatical mistakes and spelling are occasionally allowed to slip through if the body of work is for the most part well written and error free. I.e. two for to or there for their. Little mistakes are bound to happen and it doesn’t hurt the story as a whole.

We are given the freedom to place our stories in any area we choose as long as its main theme goes along with the genre we select. So you could perhaps have elements of every section in one story and decide to place it wherever you decide. Also Lit. provides an author’s page for each and every author here and allows you to easily look through your favorite author’s work.

The other great things about this site are the bonuses, you can get illustrated stories or audio ones. There are bulletin boards where the topics are nearly endless. Sectioned only by main categories. Someone can go in and post a thread asking their favorite author questions or throw out other story ideas they may have.

Numerous contests are also a plus with prizes. A monthly contest in which the top three stories receive monetary gifts. Special contests throughout the year that also dole out cash awards. A year end contest for those stories that have done well in their respective categories. A contest among the writers to see who can submit the most stories during the year and amass the most points.

There is also a chat area for real time chat with other visitors of this site if your looking to find a friend to just talk to or perhaps to find a mate to make sweet cyber love to. The possibilities are without limit. There are also many sub divided rooms provided here for your interests. Incest, BDSM, a stories and author section, bi sexual love, and so on.

From both standpoints be it reader or writer this site excels. The only drawback is the voting for a story. Many a debate has come up over how to make the voting system more legit and as sad as it is to say there will always be a flaw somewhere. Be it someone that hates your writing or an enemy you have drawn notice from simply because your stories rank higher than his or hers. But most writers here don’t write for the money or the scores. This is one of the few sites I have found that allows you to express who you are anonymously and to see your work in print.

While it may have it’s negative sides from time to time in whole I couldn’t find a better place on the net to call home.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Reviews & Essays
  • /
  • Review of Literotica

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 283 milliseconds