• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • Felicity Ch. 50

Felicity Ch. 50

Chapter 50 Yazmin

Yazmin and my Mom Maryanne were roommates and best friends during their college years. Marriage, children and careers had conspired for them to lose touch with each other. It was funny that they had found each other again at a lingerie party thrown by a woman that was a mutual acquaintance. The two widows were now inseparable.

Yazmin was deaf but she could read lips perfectly. I loved watching baseball games with her because she would tell me what the players were saying. She was also an exceptionally beautiful woman of Lebanese descent that could lip read four different languages.

On normal stuff we just made sure she could see our lips when we talked. All of us both signed and spoke the more important stuff.

Meeting her made it obvious to me why Mom insisted I learn sign language as I grew up. It had become a useful skill more than once and now it was a very necessary skill.

My brother had asked Yazmin's younger daughter Soraya to marry him and we had all convened at her house on Thanksgiving day to make preliminary plans for their wedding. The basic plan was agreed to and the only people left in the house were Mom, Yazmin, her oldest daughter Arianne, and me.

Yazmin's daughter Arianne and I had been secretive in our love affair and even though it had been in progress for over a year our families saw it only as a close friendship. At the time of our combined families Thanksgiving dinner we had been living together for a month.

We both hated to be in the spotlight, we were speechless when an occasion required a speech. We had an announcement to make to all of them during dinner but could not force it out.

Late that afternoon we were in the kitchen drinking coffee. Mom was the only chatterbox in the group but she was content with the company and the coffee, Arianne and I were as silent as we normally were.

I stood and asked Arianne to dance with me. She graciously accepted and we were soon slow dancing in the kitchen. Our Mom's were stunned by our dance; Mom more so since she knew there was no music. I turned Arianne's back to her mother so Yazmin could see my lips.

"Do you think we should tell them?" I asked Arianne. I saw Yazmin sign what I had said to Mom.

Arianne turned us to face her mother and whispered, "No. Lets see how long it takes them to figure it out."

Another half turn and I said "Would serve them right if they never knew."

Arianne said, "You are right. Lets let them stew on it."

I said, "Snoopy old broads anyway."

Arianne and I were pelted with dinner rolls but we continued our dance.

Arianne whispered, "I love you."

When it was my turn to face our Mom's Yazmin had a stunned expression on her face and Mom was slapping her hands to get her to sign what her daughter had said to me.

"I love you," I whispered to Arianne.

We made half a turn and I whispered to Arianne, "Your mother is so stunned she is forgetting to sign to my mother."

"I guess I will end their misery, sort of," Arianne whispered. When she was facing our mom's she said loud enough for my mom to hear, "I don't think we should take them to Vegas for our wedding. They act so weird."

The next thing I knew two bodies had slammed into us at full speed and were kissing us indiscriminately. It took me a several seconds to figure out who was squeezing the breath out of me on my left and who was crushing my ribs on my right.

Eventually we sat at the kitchen table and resumed drinking coffee. We had to confirm more than once that yes we loved each other and that yes we had since we first met. We told them we did not want to bother them with another wedding to plan and we would be happy if they were the only two at our Vegas wedding.

Arianne and I withstood the chastisement we knew was coming and likely deserved. We made sure they understood that the last thing we wanted was a big wedding, we wanted as little fuss as possible.

Soon Arianne took my hand and we quietly left the kitchen as our Moms discussed the turn of events. We had the bad feeling that a quiet elopement to Vegas was not going to be possible.

We went to her old bedroom. As she locked the door she said. "Lets continue our honeymoon now."

We were right in our fears as our quiet elopement plan came crashing down as our mothers advised us that we would be married in a small chapel any day we wanted as long as it was January one.

It turned out to be a small double wedding on New Years Day. The miracle in planning and logistics was due to a dear friend of Mom called Wendy. She had become famous as a wedding planner even though it was not her profession. She was a jewelry artist.

One of her suggestions for the ceremony had our Moms in tears. They asked Arianne and me for approval. We enthusiastically agreed.

There were perhaps forty people at a small chapel by the sea that day, our family and closest friends. The minister was an old friend of Yazmin's family who knew sign language and signed as he conducted the ceremony.

As the ceremony began Mom stood by Arianne and held her hand, Yazmin stood by me and held my hand. When the minister turned to us Arianne and I repeated our vows as our mom's signed them. Arianne and I exchanged rings and were pronounced husband and wife.

That there was something special going on became obvious when I was not asked to kiss the bride. Instead Arianne and I stepped to one side and allowed our mother's center stage. The rest of the ceremony was conducted in sign language only. We heard a gasp of recognition. Somebody could read it.

I handed a wedding band to Mom and Arianne handed a wedding band to Yazmin, they exchanged rings. Now we heard gasps from all of the guests.

The minister then said in a loud voice, "You may now kiss your bride." I kissed Arianne as Mom kissed Yazmin.

Thunderous applause and cheers followed us out of the chapel. Arianne and I knew they were for our Moms but we were as happy for them as we were for us. We were also very happy that the spotlight was on them and not us.

Their wedding was not legal in the strictest sense but in every legal paper they each had the other was listed as next of kin, beneficiary, co-owner, all of it. Yazmin had quipped that in every way they were now co-defendants.

They were more married to each other than many others were to their legal spouse.

Our reception was a blast. Wendy had done a great job and Arianne and I overwhelmed her with kisses and gropes of thanks. Before the night was over she and the minister had two more weddings to handle.

Wendy herded the four of us into a sort of receiving line so our well-wishers would not have to hunt us down.

Mom and Yazmin had to submit to numerous hugs and kisses. Most of the guests were women that had been their long time friends. Most were shedding tears as they rained kisses on them.

The most surprising well-wisher was the most conservative woman any of us knew and the mayor of our small town of Felicity, Rhonda Cook. She kissed them on the lips.

Mom said, "You may have just lost the next election."

She replied, "Yes, well fuck it. I love both of you and could not be happier for you." She kissed both of them on the lips again then shook my hand and kissed Arianne on the cheek.

Her husband Jack who was the Principal of the new High School in our town kissed Mom and Yazmin on the cheek and whispered to Mom, "Rhonda cried."

Mom ran after Her Honor the Mayor and planted a fierce kiss on her lips then groped her ass. I explained to Yazmin why Mom was acting that way so she went after Rhonda and gave her a lustful kiss. We saw Yazmin invite Rhonda to be in the middle of a sandwich between her and Mom at her earliest convenience.

Rhonda signed back that she would take it under advisement as her grin and blush fought for dominance on her face. Now I knew who had gasped as they exchanged vows.

The story of Her Honor The Mayor's behavior at our reception was soon the talk of the town and a featured article in our weekly newspaper.

She was of course re-elected by a landslide.

Arianne and I danced, ate our cakes, visited with friends and took bets on how long our marriage would last. Somewhere over that time our Moms disappeared.

Eventually Arianne and I left the reception and headed to our limousine to the airport, and then Vegas. Arianne and I had a honeymoon to resume.

Arianne tossed her bouquet directly at her sister whose wedding was still six months away.

Mom and Yazmin were already inside the limo and looked somewhat disheveled. They handed us glasses of champagne and we toasted each other.

Arianne asked them where they had been. Our Moms just smiled.

Arianne and I decided we did not really want to know.

Of course, what happened in Vegas...

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • Felicity Ch. 50

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 39 milliseconds