• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • Lynn and Leif Forevermore Ch. 31

Lynn and Leif Forevermore Ch. 31

12

***

Later on, back at the house, Leif's mother, father, and brother were getting ready for Christmas. They asked Leif if he had fun taking Lynne out exploring. Did he ever! But he answered innocently that they really enjoyed themselves. Lynne took in the Christmas preparations with sweet curiosity. He saw her watching his mother hand ornaments on the tree, and he was reminded, that Lynne never had a Christmas before.

"Linda, I think Lynney wants to hang some ornaments," said Leif.

He wasn't going to even wait for Lynne to ask, she shouldn't have to, he knew she longed to be involved, and she was just too shy to ask, and didn't want to feel out of place.

He knew he'd made the right decision when Lynne grinned at him. And Lynne went over to the stepladder where his mother was hanging decorations. His mother handed her the box, and they switched places. Lynne hung a tree and a few snow globes.

Leif took some pictures of Lynne discretely on his phone. A woman only got one first Christmas and he was delighted that it was her first one, and wanted her to have some mementos to remember this time in the years to come, and show them to their babies. After they hung the ornaments, Linda and Lynne covered the tree with tin tinsel.

"Lynne, you cook well, do you ever bake?" asked his mother.

"Yes, I love to bake," said Lynne.

"Want to help me in the kitchen with the Christmas cookies?" said his mother.

"I'd love to," said Lynne.

***

Lynne did an excellent job at decorating the Christmas cookies. She always loved to cook, and bake. It was fun for her to decorate the cookies, and she did several designs, Christmas trees, snowmen, and a few special Santa cookies for Leif.

She was worried that she was going overboard. She'd never had Christmas before, but it was so much fun! She was also thankful that Leif was sweet enough to pull her into the Christmas activities that were dull to someone like him who was used to the holidays but definitely wonderful to someone like her who was experiencing it the first time.

"Lynne they look beautiful. So you're also an artist," she said with a smile.

"Nah, I wouldn't say I was an artist...I just like decorating things," said Lynne smiling.

"What kind of wedding do you want? With the way you decorate, and your fashion sense, you probably want something nice, don't you hun?" asked his mother smiling at her.

His mom was sweet.

"I...I don't have a real preference about what I want to do yet. I just know that I want something beautiful that symbolizes our love. And to have room enough to have about fifty guests," said Lynne.

"That sounds lovely. If you need any help, let me know. I'd love to meet your mother Lynne. We could have so much fun, have a hen party and talk about the details of what you think you want for your special day. I bet your mother is beautiful if she looks anything like you," said his mother.

As she was speaking, Leif sauntered into the kitchen.

"My favorite girls," he murmured. First, he kissed Lynne tenderly on the forehead, and then he kissed his mother on the cheek.

The affection flowed easily in this family. Lynne's own mother was affectionate sometimes but she was reserved in her affections. Her dad rarely showed her affection. Sometimes he would hug her, or pat her hair if she brought home good grades in school or did something nice for the church, but she didn't remember a lot of hugs and kisses growing up. She'd gotten more hugs and kisses since she'd been dating Leif than she ever had, and she understood more and more why he was so kind and affectionate, his family had taught him how to be gentle and sweet. She enjoyed being around his family.

"I was just asking Lynne about her mother. Do you have any pictures of her on your phone? She must be simply gorgeous if she looks anything like you at all...I want to meet her. We could have so much fun having a hen party and talking about your ideas, and what you want to do with this wedding. Man, she must be so excited, moms always get so excited when a daughter has a wedding..." said Linda.

Lynne looked looked sad. She started to blurt out something, but Leif grabbed Lynne tenderly by her waist.

"Mom, don't....try not to ask Lynne about her parents. She's going through a lot right now, and some of the stuff is hard and hurts her a lot to talk about," said Leif.

He ushered Lynne into his arms protectively.

Lynne had never felt so protected, and loved before. The feeling was simply cathartic, these new feelings of love and concern for her feelings, and how her emotions might be affected by her experiences, giving her the space to breathe and decide what she was comfortable sharing, unlike how she'd felt with her parents, and the members of her old church. But, strangely knowing that Leif was protecting her, and she had a choice whether she wanted to talk about a private matter that concerned her, and feeling that someone was in her corner, gave her the strength to talk to his mother.

And when she glanced at Linda, her heart was moved. Linda didn't seem nosey at all, she looked full of concern for Lynne's turmoil with her parents.

"Well hey, I wasn't trying to interfere Leif. I'm just getting to know Lynne, is all! If you don't want to talk about it Lynne, I understand. My first priority as a mother in law is for you to feel comfortable around me. If you...If you feel you ever need to talk about something that might be going on in your life, I want you to feel like you can talk to me too, but if you don't want to talk about your mom and dad, it's completely up to you, I certainly understand and I-"

"I appreciate your kindness. Really I appreciate the kindness of everyone in this family. You all make me feel right at home, not at all like a guest, but like I'm in your family already. And Leif it's okay baby. She might as well know. If we're going to have a real wedding, like a real one and not a justice of the peace type deal, everyone will wonder why the Bride to be's parents aren't going to be there, so she may as well know-" said Lynne.

"Okay baby. But only if you feel like you want to go into it now. Linda said that it was alright for you not to talk about it, and she means that," he added.

But Leif rubbing the nape of her neck tenderly fed her soul. His mother was loving and kind, and Leif always supported her no matter what, and these were good lessons for Lynne to learn emotionally, about the way loving families, outside of cult like religious control worked.

"I can't believe your parents won't come? Why wouldn't they want to come! Ever since I've been talking on the phone to you, since Leif told me about you, I've simply adored you! And you two kids seem so happy. And twenty three, twenty four, that might be a little young, and the wedding might be a little soon, but you all seem so happy right now, and you'll figure it out. There might be some scrapes along the way, but you'll figure it out. Garrett and I did. I think it's a beautiful thing, and I look forward to getting a new daughter," said his mother.

Then she smiled at Lynne, and she also threw her arm around her.

So, she had two people who had their arms around her, and she felt so loved! It was perfectly fine to blurt out-

"I...they aren't going to come because I am marrying out of their church, and Leif and I were together intimately before we were married. I'm gonna invite them, but I'm pretty sure they won't come. In their eyes I am a sinner, and the only way to help a sinner is to excommunicate them, so that they can repent from their wrong course. That means not talking to me, and almost treating me like I'm a dead person...you can only communicate for a family emergency," added Lynne.

She wanted to make it clear what excommunication was according to their church doctrine. Then she looked into Linda's eyes. Lynne wanted to gauge her mother in law and see how strange that she thought she was. But Linda's eyes never changed. They still held the same warmth and concern as before. She was glad she trusted Linda with that painful issue.

"Wow Lynne. That's some tough stuff to go through alone! And I was feeling a little resentful thinking that your parents might be interfering for the traditional reasons, that they didn't think my son was good enough, he didn't make enough money, or that you were too young, at twenty-three. But religion stuff, that is a whole other set of circumstances. Religion stuff, that can be heavy...people do a lot of strange things in what they think is the name of God. And it's really a shame, because sweet people like you end up being hurt in the carnage," said his mother, and she patted Lynne's shoulder affectionately.

"Especially heavy, because...Lynney thinks her parents will follow church doctrine and disown her, and that was why, in the beginning she was scared to admit to them that we were seriously seeing each other," said Leif, and his voice was husky.

"Well, that doesn't sound very Christ like to me. Christ wouldn't abandon his followers because they fell in love with someone of a different background, and if the problem is sex before marriage, his message would be one of help, not castigation. I can't help thinking it was written so long ago, that he would be more concerned about the love and commitment of you two, which is obvious, not so much a paper marriage contract, though it's nice you two are tying the knot" said his mother.

"I agree. It feels good to have a wise person, or one who's old enough to be our parents say that, but yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I didn't use to feel that way, but knowing and loving your son, and just growing up in general has opened my eyes to so much," said Lynne.

"Well, I'm sorry they might not come. But, guess what Lynne, I care for you a lot already, and I'm glad you are marrying my son. You marry my son, you gain a mother. I might not look like you, I might not have given birth to you, but if you find yourself in a situation and you need some motherly advice, or even just a friend to talk to, I am here. I'm sure Leif has told you that I won't judge. You seem like a sweet young woman, and I'm sorry that you are caught up in what seems like such a mess. I don't like this for you, at all. I wish I could help," added his mother.

"Don't worry about it. I knew this would be the cost for me of loving my Leif. But I made a decision that the love that I feel for your son is worth that price for me, it's worth those consequences in my life, because I never knew a feeling so sweet...unconditional love and kindness. Leif was right, it was our first fight, that, if we are going to really love each other, we have to be open with that love, and hide it from no one, and I love him so much, I need to tell the whole world, not hide it from anyone, and especially my parents. And I feel like I have a lot to offer your son, just like he offers me, and we're just meant to be together. I might be losing my parents, but I'm building such a beautiful life with Leif," said Lynne.

"The love you feel for my son, must be so strong, for you to give up everything you've ever known like that. But you aren't alone, and you and Leif don't have to be an island onto yourselves. We want to be your family too, Garret, and Lyle, and Martha," said Linda.

"See Leif, I told you it would be okay to tell her. She has the same beautiful kind smile that you have. So I knew it would be safe," said Lynne.

Leif looked at Lynne full of such tenderness, and he said-

"Baby you've just been through a lot, and it was never safe to have your feelings, and have them just...respected before. And be whoever you need to be, and be yourself. And, if it hurt you to talk about it, I didn't want you to feel pressured that you had to talk about it yet. I just want to make sure your feelings are respected as I become your husband. That you have a right to your feelings, and boundaries and privacy being respected...I don't think you ever had that before, but you will, starting now, as my wife to be," said Leif.

"That's being a good husband to be...you're learning well. Some lessons must have gotten through your thick skull watching your father and I interact," said his mother, to Leif.

They all chuckled, and Linda and Leif swallowed Lynne up in a big strong hug, and she'd needed that.

She hugged the two of them Leif and his mother, her new family, just as tight.

Then Leif said,

"I didn't mean to interrupt this discussion, I just smell Christmas cookies, that's why I came in here...so how's the progress on the cookies ladies," said Leif rubbing his hands together and turning on the oven light so he could see the cookies baking.

"Really, you still act like you acted when you were ten years old about Christmas cookies Leif! They are still baking," said his mother, pushing him toward the kitchen table.

"He has such a sweet tooth! Today I shared my ice cream with Leif and he demolished my cone, didn't leave me even with a crumb," said Lynne.

Lynne didn't mention that he ate the ice cream so quick because she inadvertently turned him on with the way she was eating the ice cream. She hadn't realized she'd been eating the cone so sexily until he whispered it in her ear later on, long after they had sex in his father's pick up truck. Leif told her the real reason for devouring the rest of the cone in two greedy bites, while teasing her when he took her to a vintage bookstore, later on in the date.

She and Leif shared a secret glance about the ice cream cone that made her feel a little moist. Lynne loved the tender sexuality always bubbling below the surface between them, no matter what else was going on.

"She was teasing me with the cone. She just kept on and on about how good it tasted, and I was so hungry at the time, so I thought I'd chomp down on it and taste how good it was when it was my turn," said Leif.

The three of them laughed.

"Those cookies are really pretty. I can tell you did them Lynne because Linda's drawing is so goofy. Santa finally looks like Santa, and not a blob. The Christmas trees aren't stick figures, and they even have little round ornaments," teased Leif.

"All these years I've been tirelessly putting decorations on those damn cookies for you, from now on, let your wife make your cookies, since you like her decorating skills so much more than mine," said Linda.

Lynne snorted with laughter.

"You tell him mom! Or better yet, he can make his own damn cookies! Put an apron right on his ass, and he can be Mr. Chef! And he can make the eggnog too while he's at it!" shouted Lynne playfully.

His mother laughed hard.

"Come on girls, I was only joking. Lynney loves to decorate and she is so meticulous, and that's why her cookies are so pretty. If you hadn't been there to stop her, she'd be there half the night drawing designs. Lynne just loves drawing designs, but Mom, nothing can replace those ugly Christmas cookies you make. They taste great. We don't even know what Lynne's cookies will taste like, they might be all style, and no substance," teased Leif.

"Leif, you're an ungrateful ass! Tell your mom you're sorry," said Lynne chuckling.

"Yeah and tell your future wife you are sorry too, because the cookies look like they will taste perfectly fine, the girl is a great cook, and as she said, I don't see your ass with an apron," said his mother.

"Ah, my girls, ganging up on me. I love being surrounded by my women, okay Mom, Lynney, I'm so sorry, beautiful, sweet ladies," said Leif, unfolding a napkin to get ready for his hot Christmas cookies.

"Mom comes out when you are really sorry. You're a mess Leif, and lucky you're so cute, or we'd probably both get rid of you," said his mom.

"Yeah, and we shouldn't even give your ass any of the cookies! You don't deserve them, cookies are for good behavior, you need to be nibbling coal," sassed Lynne.

All three of them laughed again.

Later, they sat around the faux fireplace, eating Lynne's Christmas cookies and sipping eggnog. She enjoyed her first Christmas Eve so much. Although she knew she was losing her blood family, she felt such a distinct feeling of warmth and belonging with his family, or their family. She was so lucky to have such fabulous future in laws, especially with the difficulties with her family.

They sat around playing Monopoly. Lynne was actually pretty good at Monopoly, it was one of the games she played with her parents during family game night. Her father didn't show a lot of affection, but he'd engage Lynne in games and encourage her to compete like an adult. So, she was really good at the game, but not as good as Leif's dad. It ended up being the two of them, doggedly sitting around the monopoly board while Leif and his mother watched on, having been beaten out of the game long ago. Lynne was a slumlord and bought up the Baltic and Oriental Avenue strips, loaded them with hotels, and bought all the railroads, and utility companies. It was a close game, but she landed on Garrett's damn boardwalk replete with a hotel.

Lynne howled with laughter as he stood before her and did a victory dance. It was in retaliation for her standing in front of him and doing the robot and the moonwalk when she landed on her fully loaded Connecticut avenue. Linda and Leif howled with laughter. But, she'd misjudged her math, and Garrett still had one hundred dollars on which to survive. Lynne sat down sheepishly eating crow while they all laughed at her some more.

Not long after that, she'd landed on his boardwalk space. Still watching Leif's middle aged father dance around like a head-banger and then do a mini bow right in front of Lynne was hilarious to everyone.

After the game, they sat around watching old home movies of Leif and his brother growing up. It was fascinating for Lynne to watch the man she loved grow up through all their home movies. It also made Lynne very sad that they couldn't share the same joy with her own family, and Leif. She was happy for all these new feelings of belonging with Leif's family, but however dysfunctional they were, and however much she was through running from that church she was raised in, her mom and dad were still her family, and she knew that things would now be irrevocably changed.

Leif's evolution with the guitar was fascinating, but no matter how good he played, he'd always turn his back to the audience, even during a high school competition, which he actually won! He just blew everyone away with how nicely he played.

Leif's parents were awestruck that he would play the guitar facing Lynne. He'd never done that with anyone before. They wanted to see proof of it.

"It's just easy with Lynne, I can't explain it. But I don't ever worry or feel nervous with her," he added truthfully.

"You're good for him. Boost his confidence in a lot of ways. Real ways. Not the posturing he does, in the rock band, not that peacock stuff. The real Leif, the true Leif, he sees your pride in him and it makes him more confident with his craft. That's why beside every good man there's a good woman. And that's certainly how I feel about your Mom. None of this would exist if she hadn't convinced me I could do it. Hold that love, keep that love, and you'll both be the richer for it," said his father.

It was a fitting note on which to close the evening, and it was so late when they walked back across the yard to the cottage, that Leif and Lynne simply peeled off all their clothes, and once they were stripped down bare, cuddled in the middle of the bed, innocently, too tired for lovemaking.

Right before they drifted off in a deep and satisfying sleep, Leif murmured.

"Nothing can hurt you anymore Lynne. No matter what happens and what shakes out because of how crazy your parents, and that religion are, and how messed up everything else is, I won't let anything hurt you anymore. You have to believe that. I know it's tough and scary, but I promise you, nothing can hurt you anymore," he added sweetly.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • Lynn and Leif Forevermore Ch. 31

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 23 milliseconds