• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • Love In War Ch. 02

Love In War Ch. 02

12

I'm so glad you guys like the story so far! After reading the comments I'm happy o guys believe in me and want more :) Also, some of you guys are worried Charlie will turn out to be a typical female trapped by a guy with a big ego. She won't... PROMISE! Anyway, this chapter is all about finding out more about the characters. There's no sex... yet. I love a good quickie as much as the rest of you, but this story isn't one of them. It's coming though, trust me. Also, in this chapter there are things that some of you might take offense to. Don't. My intention in including it was not to offend anyone, but to show what drives certain characters. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy chapter two!

BeatFaceLove

P.S.

I'm looking for an editor, so if there are any volunteers....

******************

It didn't seem like anything was going right.

Almost from the second her father named her as his successor, everything had started to go to shit. The first thing was Leo's cryptic ass letter. Charlie sighed as she sat back in her chair. She now occupied the office across from her father and like his office, the view was stunning.

Leo.

It was clear they couldn't continue as they were. In fact, things had been getting more complicated as the years went by and she hated to admit that they should've ended.... whatever they had going on long before now.

But no matter how many times she half assed tried to sever ties with Leo, he always found a way back in her life. Not that she'd really fought him.

Charlie's ringing phone groused her out of her thoughts.

"Max."

"Charlie, don't sound so enthused."

She rolled her eyes. "What is it? You know better than to call me while I'm working."

"Sheesh, who pissed in your cornflakes?" Max picked up on Charlie's irritated tone, but as usual he ignored it. When she didn't answer he continued. "You free tonight? The Yankees play at nine."

Charlie thought about his invitation. Usually Max would be joined at Leo's hip, considering he was his right hand man and best friend. However, through some mutual connections she knew Leo had left the country for a family "emergency."

"Yeah, I'll be there. Probably fashionably late though," Charlie said as she looked at her watch. She had errands to run but if she left now she could make it in time for the game. She needed to relax anyway.

"Okay," Max's voice sounded in her ear. "See you at nine, nine fifteen at the latest Char."Max hung up before she could say goodbye, but she was used to that.

Leaning her head back, she let her eyes closed for a second. Suddenly, they popped open.

"I'll sleep when I'm dead," she mumbled to her herself.

Which might be sooner than you think.

The voice in her head started but she shut it down before it could say anything more.

She shut down her computer and grabbed her phone but before she could get up to leave, the picture of her father and her stopped her.

***************

Mark Grey was no ordinary man. He had his first job when he was fourteen stocking vending machines at the local hospital and when he turned sixteen, he drove a school bus. Anything to make money. Anything to take care of his family. Even though he was the third oldest out of seven, the responsibility to care for his siblings and mother fell on him. His father died of a heart attack when he was twelve. There was a rumor that he'd drunk himself to death but either way, he wasn't here.

Early on, Mark knew he wouldn't be a statistic. He wouldn't be like all the other black males who didn't have shit or didn't take care of their kids or sat around all day waiting on their unemployment checks. No. That wouldn't be him. The world was against him from the beginning, but he would make it.

Mark wasn't afraid to use what he had to either. His mixed heritage gave him lighter skin and during the winter his skin was so pale he could pass for white. He used it. The white job suppliers would trust a light skinned African American over a dark skinned one. He contributed getting his first "real" job to this.

Going to college wasn't an option. Feeding seven mouths and putting roofs over all of their heads had taken a toll on his mother, who worked as a private nurse. There was only so much money to go around and as a family they decided to send the two girls of the family to college when it was time.

So since college was out of the picture, when he graduated high school he landed a job cleaning a bank downtown. This job and a few side ones afforded him to help support his family and move out on his own.

Mark had been working at the bank for eight years when he saw her.

Renee Hunter was the daughter of a barber and beautician. Well respected in the black and white communities for being hard working and honest people, their status was higher than Mark's family.

Renee was everything a man could want in a woman. Beauty, brains, a sense of humor and humility; Renee was the complete package. Her smooth, dark skin shimmered unnaturally and her small button nose, full and sensual lips drew every man in. She was short, only standing five feet, two inches but packed in her small frame was the most perfect body. Perfectly proportioned, her top was just the right amount and her bottom was just heavenly.

From the moment he looked into her eyes, he knew he would have her. Their age difference meant nothing to him and soon Renee was just as smitten by him. They eloped when she was nineteen and he was twenty-five.

Six years later they gave birth to their first child.

Ashley Nicole Grey never wanted for anything. She was daddy's little princess and mama's pride and joy. Spoiled rotten she was but Mark never realized his mistake until it was too late.

Six years after Ashley, Renee gave birth to their second daughter, Charlotte.

As Mark stood watching his second daughter through the glass window of the nursery, he made a vow that his children would have the world in their hands. He wanted for them what was impossible for him as a child.

Quitting the bank and working third shift at the local automotive plant paid well, but he'd missed priceless moments in his first daughter's life. He couldn't, he wouldn't miss out on his other daughter's life.

Getting a white collar job was out of the question without a college degree and going back to get one would cost too much money and time. Mark was sitting in a rocking chair one week after Charlotte was born gently rocking her back to sleep when he'd made his decision. His daughters would have everything they dreamed of, his wife would quit working sixteen hours a day at her retail job and he wouldn't miss other a milestone in any of their lives.

Three years after that fateful decision was made, Mark Grey and his organization held the city in their hands and was one of the biggest organized crime rings on the east coast.

**********

Charlie thought back to the last time she'd seen her parents together in the same room, almost twelve years earlier. She knew her father's occupation put a strain on his and her mother's relationship and eventually caused them to split, but she couldn't be mad at her father for it. Didn't her mother realize that everything he did he did for them? It was question she'd asked ever since she found out what her daddy did for a living.

In the back of her mind, she knew the answer to her own question. Her parent's relationship made her question if she could ever have a normal romantic relationship or even get married. She doubted it. Questioning her love life brought Leo to the front of her mind and that was a headache she didn't need.

********

Leo sat beside from his brother. What a fuck up. Couldn't even handle a simple job and now Leo was in Prague trying to salvage what his dumbass brother had almost ruined. This negotiation would link his family with another big family and would give his family's name international weight, not to mention more business which meant more money.

"Alois, I'm glad we were able to come to an agreement. I'm sure Luciano," he looked over at his brother pointedly, "will never disrespect your daughter again."

"He'd better not! Or this arrangement is off." The burly Czech man's accent made it hard to understand but Leo got the point. Leo rarely liked submitting to anyone, but he would make a concession today. A unity so strong could not be jeopardized. However, this man, no matter how powerful he might be would not talk to him just any kind of way.

"Of course. And we expect the same from Albína." Leo's eyes penetrated the man's hard stare only for a second, but that was all he needed to know that Albína hadn't been behaving as she should either. Of course he already knew that, but Alois was being a hypocrite for threatening Luciano while his own daughter was doing the same.

"We'll be leaving now." Leo abruptly stood and his men moved to form a half circle behind him; one can never be too cautious in his world. When Luciano stood as well, Leo turned to walk out of the room without saying a goodbye to the man behind the large desk.

Only when they were on their way back to their hotel did Leo speak.

"Luc, please explain to me why you continue to disobey father? Why you continue to fuck up everything? Please, explain it to me." Leo sat in the front passenger seat next to his driver, Anthony, as the three car caravan of nondescript black SUV's navigated their way through the streets of downtown Prague. Usually, Max would be in the backseat but he'd left him behind. Someone had to keep an eye on Charlie and this emergency came up so quickly that he hadn't had time to arrange for someone else to watch her.

"Why didn't Dad come?" Luc sat in the backseat, completely ignoring Leo's questions.

"You know he was busy. Besides, no one should have had to come. You just couldn't follow directions, could you?"

"C'mon, Leo. So what I didn't want to have dinner with her, they'll be plenty more.... unfortunately."

Leo sighed. He knew his little brother was having a tough time. At just eighteen, he was already engaged and set to be married soon. Not only that, but it was an arranged marriage. While most kids his age were out partying and fucking everything that walked, he couldn't even sow his oats. Not openly at least.

"Luc, I know you don't want to marry her, but you have obligations to the family just like I do. Like everyone does."

Luc shook his head. "Don't fucking talk to me about obligations! I don't have a life because of "obligations" to this family and I don't even have a say in what goes on!"

"Cry me a river Luc. You aren't the only one that has to sacrifice for our family. Man up."

Leo knew that Luc knew they all had to sacrifice to do what was best for the family, he was just upset. Hell, Leo had given up more than Luc could imagine. This life had taken so much from them, from him. He wouldn't trade his life for anything though. He was born to live this lifestyle and was damn good at it.

However, deep inside he knew he'd give it all up for her. For Charlie. But a life with her was impossible.

Leo sighed. Between his brother's fuck ups and other business, he desperately needed to clear his head.

*********

As Charlie drove through town, she finally allowed her mind to relax. Going over to Max's to watch a game was commonplace and happened several times a month. Of course she knew that Leo probably asked Max to keep watch on her, but she really didn't care. Max was her friend too.

When she arrived at Max's building downtown, she let her herself in and went straight up to his loft. It was a gift from Leo. Charlie thought it was weird when Leo first bought it for Max, but it made sense to want his right hand man as close to him as possible.

"Max, I'm here!" Charlie let the door close behind her and she kicked off her heels by the door.

"In here!" Max yelled from the kitchen. "Turn the game on, will you?"

"Bring me a beer, please." Charlie shrugged out of her jacket as she walked over to the TV to grab the remote. Max's flat screen was mounted on the wall above his fire place. The mantle was covered in various pictures and memorabilia. A picture of Max, Leo, Alexia and herself caught her attention.

"I thought I said to turn the TV on? It must be hardwired in you women not to listen." Max came into the living room with two beers for each of them and a plate of nachos.

"Fuck you," Charlie threw the remote at him. "Where'd you get this picture?"

Max looked at Charlie and the photo she held in her hand. "Oh, I found that in an old shoe box when I was cleaning out my closet." Max didn't think the picture was a big deal, but he never knew what to think with women and the look on Charlie's face was almost seemed... regretful.

Max inwardly sighed. Yeah, he reminisced on the past and more often than not wished that things could be different. But there was nothing anyone could do about it.

Charlie held the picture of the three of them from their freshman year in college. When she'd first found out who Leo was she thought that there couldn't have a bigger coincidence, but as time passed she thought more and more that fate played a hand in how they all met.

*********

"Look at all the girls, Man!" Max was excited to be around all fresh, new beauties of college. He looked at his best friend who just shrugged. Max figured he was used to it since he'd already gotten one year of college under his belt. That and no matter where they went, the ladies all fell over their own feet to get to him. His friend's lack of enthusiasm didn't bother him though; he was going to enjoy getting to know ALL the ladies.

"Well, ol' pal of mine, I'm going to start getting acquainted with some of these classy broads." Max turned to start scouting for a suitable first pick.

"Hey, I know you've seen most of the girls already, but there's got to be some you haven't introduced to your bed."

Leo was barely paying any attention to Max. Yeah, he loved girls too, but Max just rambled and went on all the fucking time about girls. He really hoped his friend got it out of his system before they started to work for his father in a few years.

When Leo tuned back in, he noticed his friend was quiet. Either something was wrong or-

"Leo, do you see what I see?" Max's awestruck look caused Leo to turn and search for what had caused his friend to drool.

Walking across the campus, not far from where they sat were two girls chit chatting and laughing. The first girl's skin tone was darker than his, but not by much. Leo guessed that she was mixed. Her light brown hair was cut into a pixie style which highlighted the fine bones of her face. The second girl... oh lord. She was a complete knockout.

As they walked closer, Leo guessed that she was mixed too. Not with black and white, but maybe black and something else. She looked so exotic. Her long dark hair fell in soft waves down between her shoulders. She was significantly taller than her friend; she had to be around five foot six. Her long, shapely legs led to a generous ass that was modestly covered in a pair of shorts. Her waist was small but he could tell she ate. Her white v-neck t-shirt held sizeable breasts that looked like the perfect handful; not too big or small. She looked to be a size six, and while her body showed muscle, he also saw some softness there too.

As the two girls walked past them, Leo could tell Max was staring. The first girl looked over and before he could stop Max, his friend was yelling.

"Hey hey Ladiesssss! Yo! Aye, girl!" Max was forever a loud mouth... but it seemed to get the girls attention because they stopped and started walking their way.

As Leo observed them, he found himself unexplainably drawn to the second girl. Her flawless caramel skin seemed to glisten in the heat of late mid August. Her face held high cheek bones, a small pointed nose and a perfect mouth. Her lips were perfectly pouty, but as she came closer Leo saw they were set in a scowl. Her eyes were what caught him off guard. They weren't an emerald green or hazel but the darkest brown he'd ever seen. Her eyes looked almost black. However, it was the fire he saw in them that made him rethink his friend's idea of calling them over.

<><><><><>

Charlie didn't know what that guy's problem was, but wasn't a dog and getting yelled at from two asshole douche bags was NOT okay.

"I know they weren't yelling at us." Charlie glanced at Alexia.

"They probably were, Charlie. I mean we are hot." Alexia smirked.

"And they're staring too." If it was one thing Charlie hated it was when people stared. She knew they most likely looked because she was pretty, but didn't they have manners?

"Let's go over there." Charlie started walking toward towards the two boys.

"Charlie, it really isn't that big of a deal." Alexia tried to down play the situation because she knew how her friend could be. Yet, she followed as Charlie led the way over to them.

"Hello ladies, I just want to sa-"The one on the right started but Charlie didn't let him finish. He was shorter than his friend, but not by much. He was cute, in a boyish way and he just seemed really goofy. The other one though was too fine. But Charlie wasn't to be deterred by his olive toned skin and nice body.

"Excuse me, but you two are the ones that tried to "holla" at us, right? She stood with her hands on her hips and while she couldn't see behind her, she knew Alexia's stance was similar. The goofy one had a cocky smile on his face, while the other one stood there smirking. Charlie wished she could smack that little smile off his face but getting an infraction before the semester even started wasn't a good look.

"Yeah, that was us," Leo looked both the girls up and down before settling his gaze on the one standing behind the girl who spoke."

"Let me tell you something, I don't know who you are but I don't care either. If you ever try to get our attention like that again, like we're some kind of dog or somethin', my foot is going up your ass. Have some respect. And quit fucking staring at people like you don't have manners. It's rude as hell.

The smile on Max's face slipped off. Shit, he chose the wrong girls.

"Ladies, ladies. Don't get all riled up; you girls are too beautiful for all that!" Max tried to defuse the situation, but his usual suaveness with the ladies was failing him. These two were not the typical bitters.

Charlie looked back at Alexia. Where did this guy get off? Guys like him never ceased to piss her off.

"Save the bullshit. If you think yo-"

Leo had heard enough. Yeah, Max was an idiot, but it wasn't like he'd actually said anything really offensive to them.

"That's enough, sweetheart. Getting all hype over some small bullshit isn't cute." Leo's steely gaze settled on Charlie.

Charlie could hear Alexia scoff behind her. These guys were off the chain. Who did they think they were!? She finally took a moment to observe the one that'd finally spoken up.

He was tall. He had to be at least four or five inches taller than his friend; about 6'4" if she had to guess. His dark brown hair was cropped close to his head but it seemed to curl in the back a little. Broad shoulders tapered down to a slim waist and his tanned skin led her to believe he was probably Italian... or something. He was dressed casually, but she could tell by the quality of his clothes that they weren't by any means cheap. Finely angled cheek bones, a prominent, straight nose and the most piercing brown eyes made this guy almost irresistible... almost.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • Love In War Ch. 02

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 14 milliseconds