• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Incest/Taboo
  • /
  • Homelands Pt. 08 Ch. 06

Homelands Pt. 08 Ch. 06

123

######################

Author's note

This brief installment concludes Part Eight. Part Nine will finish the portion set in Spring. Part Ten will bring us, at last, to Winter.

This is primarily an incest story, but it is also sci-fi/fantasy, and supernatural elements are not incidental to the plot. Additionally, many chapters will feature elements of other categories, particularly group sex and anal.

All sexual acts are consensual and involve parties who are at least eighteen years of age.

As ever, if you have questions feel free to email me or leave a comment. Either way, I'll try to respond in a timely manner.

########################

After his daily training session with his grandmother, Cahill relieved Uncle Seamus and Aunt Fiona from babysitting duty. They had a little one of their own on the way, so it was good practice for them to watch over Ty and Niall, but he still felt bad about imposing on them as often as he had since they'd returned to the Dreaming.

"Slow day?" he asked his mother when he got to their magick shop.

The place was as good as empty, aside from a few college students sitting by the windows. That lot spent just enough money on tea to cover the cost of the wifi service Walk the Ways provided, but rarely bought much else. Occasionally they'd express some interest in love potions, occult texts, or some of the various talismans and trinkets Cahill and Caronwyn had endowed with minor glamours, but they mostly just wanted a place to sit and work. Or waste time on Facebook and Twitter while pretending to work. Something like that.

When they'd first come up with the idea, Cahill had thought that they'd be filled to the rafters day and night. Queen Titania had woven Faerie more prevalently into the Dreaming, altering the very fabric of the mortal world.

Which, of course, wasn't really the mortal world at all, but a fey construct. A simulacrum. He was still getting used to that idea.

At any rate, the world he'd once thought of as real no longer sat adjacent to Faerie, like two neighboring countries sharing a border, but overlapped with it like the circles in a Venn diagram. The degree of overlap varied from place to place and with the position of sun and the moon, but the existence of the supernatural was no longer a secret. One might have expected that to change things. For the most part, though, it really hadn't.

He wasn't sure if it was just that most people still didn't believe or what. That was hard to believe, given the growing fey presence in certain industries. Maybe humanity had just lost its interest in the mystical. Or maybe it was just a matter of time before interest in the supernatural grew. Like any fashion trend, it wouldn't really take off until the right type of people embraced it, and the wrong people went out of their way to criticize it.

Whatever the reason, most mortals went about their lives more or less as they had before.

His brother's theory was that it all had to do with the fact that one of the first industries the fey had taken over was pornography. People were plenty fascinated with seeing fairies fuck, Seamus mused, but they weren't especially interested in discovering what else the mystical beings had to offer. That struck Cahill as just cynical enough to be plausible.

"You guessed it," Caronwyn replied from behind the counter.

"And how's our little girl?" he asked, leaning over the bassinet to pinch his daughter's big toe through her pink booties. She smiled at him, circling her little feet and hands through the air. "She give you any trouble?"

He didn't really need to ask, of course. She never did. Wynne was a quiet, happy child. She hardly ever cried, and when she did, it hardly took any effort to quiet her.

"Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" Ty yelled, running past Cahill as fast as he could. He held up his drawing of Fiona, which sort of almost kinda looked like her, and waved it about like a flag. "Lookie what I made!"

The loud noise his son made led some of the college students to slip their headphones off their ears and gaze over at the newcomers. As ever, the unwanted attention from total strangers caused little Niall to throw himself against his father's leg.

"It's okay," he told Niall, tousling his hair.

His son held his hands out in a silent bid to be picked up. Cahill happily obliged.

"Is that your Auntie Fi?" Caronwyn asked.

"Yup! See her green hair? See?" Ty said, smacking the paper repeatedly with his finger.

"Looks just like her," his mother told their son. "You better be careful. Keep that up, you just might trap someone in a piece of paper."

"Nuh-uh!" Ty protested. "Dad, tell Mom she's being silly."

"Quarter moon tonight," Cahill said to her instead.

Ty gave him a dirty look, huffed, turned on a heel, and raced to the back of the store. He claimed one of the armchairs tucked in between the bookcases, and pulled out his handheld game console, forgetting all about the stupid grownups.

"What can I tell you," Caronwyn replied, her eyes on their son.

The overlap between Faerie and the Dreaming grew even thicker when the moon was between phases, just as it did every day at dusk and dawn. Full moons might have meant something to werewolves, if such existed, but his kind thrived on states of inbetweenness.

"One girl came in looking for some help forgetting her ex-boyfriend," his mother continued, "and an older gentleman almost bought one of your fiddles, but other than that, it's been teas and tonics all day."

There were a handful of mortals who were more attuned to the supernatural. Who appreciated other aspects of the fey besides the physical. They tended to show up on days like this more often than at other times during the lunar cycle. But there were only so many of them, and Savannah wasn't Boston or New York.

"How was...your training session?" she asked, reaching over to take Niall from him.

Cahill almost hadn't caught the hesitation. Almost.

"Fine," Cahill said.

Better than fine, actually. His grandmother was pushing him harder than his mother ever had, and it was paying dividends. He grew stronger by the day. And his mother was excited for him, more or less. But he understood that she didn't love how much time he spent with Aeife, even though very little of that time was spent having sex. She probably knew that, but she probably also spent a lot of time pretending that she didn't.

She raised her eyebrows at him in a silent question.

"I think I might be able to untie the knots soon," he said, referring to the mess his aunt had made of his mind. He'd refused to ask his father to do it. One day, he'd be glad his father owed him a boon, even if Arawn was no longer the Prince of the Emerald Court. No sense wasting that just to spare himself hearing a few songs now and then. They were getting easier to tune out, anyway. "At least, your mother thinks so."

"That's good," Caronwyn replied with all the enthusiasm of a dead possum.

"Fiona wants to know if you'll help her pick out colors for the nursery," he said.

Her brown eyes regarded him coolly for a time. He could almost feel her weighing the pros and cons of letting the topic of his grandmother go. Eventually, she asked, "Does that mean she's finally settled on a name?"

Cahill shrugged.

Of late, every time he saw his sister, she asked him whether he liked "Aila" better than "Aileen." She must have finally found a favorite, because the topic hadn't come up.

Brittany, on the other hand, had known that she'd name her and Finnegan's son "Padraig" even before they'd known for sure that they were having a son. His kid sister couldn't be better prepared to become a mommy. It was strange. And sweet. And sexy as all hell.

Not that Fiona wasn't. She was just overthinking everything. He'd never seen anyone change their mind so many times about so many things. Once her baby girl arrived though, her maternal instincts would take over and she'd make a wonderful mom. Cahill was sure of it. His sister had struck him as motherly, in the best possible way, ever since he'd met her.

"I like `Aileen' better," his mother said, not for the first time.

"Me too," Cahill said. And he meant it. But he didn't doubt that he'd share his mother's preference for "Aila" if she felt differently. He never found any fault in any of her decisions, no matter how big or small. "And the one can be used as a nickname for the other."

"Exactly," Caronwyn agreed.

Just then, the bell above the front door dinged, announcing the possibility that they might sell something more than tea and special brownies today after all. They turned as one to greet the customer, but found none.

It was only Kearney, with yet another pretty young th--with Teagan on his arm.

His cousin was always smiling. She was a happy, carefree creature, precisely the sort of fey mortals expected all of them to be. But the soft smile on her face now was different. The low thrum in her Libido confirmed it.

And it wasn't just because she was in love, he realized. She wasn't showing yet, but Cahill had come to recognize the way pregnancy subtly altered a woman's Libido.

All the college kids turned and stared, then started whispering to one another, wondering if they were really seeing the Teagan Dreamsmyth. In the past few months, she'd become as famous as one could be when one only did children's movies.

Like any good starlet, she paid them no mind whatsoever.

"Hey," his uncle said simply.

Teagan let go of Kearney's arm and gave Cahill a hug. She didn't throw herself at him as she might have in the past, but expectant mothers rarely did. It was strange, but not in a bad way, to see the girl walk when she could have jumped or skipped or danced instead.

"Good to see you, Kay," she said.

"And you," he replied, kissing the top of her head.

"Caron," Kearney said to Cahill's mother.

If she replied, she didn't do so verbally. Cahill didn't sense any real change in her Libido though. That was good. His mother held the Dreamsmyths in even lower regard these days than she once had. He wasn't sure how much of that had to do with what the queen had done to Aeife and Oona as opposed to the hatred she'd developed for Liadan after he finally came clean about everything, but it definitely extended to the whole clan. She refused to even admit to herself that her mother was falling in love with Oberon, let alone acknowledge that the former prince was as good to her as a woman's own son would be.

Still, he didn't huge Teagan too tight or too long. A hint of disappointment spread across her face when he pushed her away, but better her than his mother.

"To what do we owe the pleasure?" Cahill asked his uncle.

Kearney shrugged. "Hollywood can be so tedious. Need to escape every now and then."

Teagan slapped his arm and said, "Dad," with a combination of affection and displeasure.

Dad? He'd never come around to thinking of her as a sister, but he'd thought Arawn was her father. She'd thought as much herself, at one point.

"What he means is, he wants to thank you for helping him," Teagan explained. "If not for you, we'd never have met."

His cousin was probably mistaken about that. He couldn't imagine that his father would keep Kearney in the dark even after their mother dissolved the courts. What would he have to fear from his brother now? But Cahill saw no need to argue the point.

"Yeah, that," Kearney said.

"It was our pleasure," Caronwyn said.

There must've been some truth to it, or the words wouldn't have passed through her lips.

"And what's this little guy's name?" Teagan asked, her cute voice getting cuter still as she fawned over Niall. Almost sickeningly so. "Hi there! Can you say hi?"

Their son looked away, glanced back, then looked away again. Only with his second look at the pretty face smiling so enthusiastically at him did he crack a smile of his own.

"This is Niall," Caronwyn said. "The one in the back, pretending not to stare at you, is Ty. And the little princess is Wynne."

"How do you keep up with three of them?" Kearney asked, earning dirty looks from both Teagan and Caronwyn. Not that he noticed.

"We're planning on having more," Cahill said proudly. He felt his mother's Libido warm a bit as he did. "You'll change your mind after your first one arrives."

"He better," Teagan said, eyeing her father askance.

Kearney held up his hands in submission.

"I love this place," his cousin said, taking in their humble little shop. Her blue eyes moved slowly, taking the time to absorb every detail. "What a great idea."

"Thank you," Caronwyn said warmly.

"It's neat," Kearney allowed. "Anyway, we should really get going."

Teagan shot him a disapproving look.

"You know how your mother gets when we keep her waiting," he explained.

"It was great seeing you again," Teagan told Cahill. "We'll stop by again soon. I promise." She gave her father a meaningful look before offering him her hand.

#

Shortly after Uaid was born, Cahill ended his lessons with his grandmother altogether. They'd become more and more intermittent as it was, his priorities had changed. He simply couldn't ask Fi or Brit to babysit anymore now that they each had two kids of their own, and his mother spent most of the day at their increasingly busy shop. She often took Wynne and Uaid with her, but Ty and Niall needed supervision.

Besides, he'd recently hit a plateau. He couldn't say that Aeife had taught him everything she could, but he'd definitely learned a lot from her. And grown a lot stronger in the process.

He wasn't just needed at home, actually. He wanted to spend as much time with his sons as he could. Ty had calmed down a lot while Niall hadn't gotten the memo about how terrible the twos and threes were supposed to be. They loved the outdoors as much as young fey should, but were perfectly content to sit and color or watch TV when the weather forced them indoors. Sometimes, they even helped him with his instruments. Niall had a surprisingly deft touch for a toddler and Ty loved reminding Cahill that he was better at everything than his brother. And he had a lot more fun cheating at Hide and Seek, disappearing into a pocket of nothingness while poor Ty frantically searched every nook and cranny of their house, than befit a man of his age.

That he'd reached the flat part of the learning curve allowed him to spend the entire day with his kids without feeling guilty, but he'd have made the same decision even if he'd still been growing more powerful by the day. Even if he hadn't long since undone the glamour his aunt had made him forget inflicting upon himself.

He did, however, sometimes miss Faerie. The wonder and mystery of it. The sights and smells. The way everything felt truer. So too did he miss wielding glamour. Bending the world to his will just because he could. The mortal world hardly blinked an eye at the supernatural these days, but he spent all his time with his sons, and they wouldn't be old enough to learn how to use their own talents for many years. It seemed unfair to throw glamour around in front of them. He couldn't resist doing so from time to time, but he still had to restrain himself epically on a daily basis.

So it was that he reacted exactly the wrong way when Liadan showed up at his door.

His mother had forgiven him more readily than he'd feared, but any mention of the the woman, by name or by any of her titles, soured her mood. For that reason alone, Cahill should have shut the door on his aunt's face before she could finish saying hi. To say nothing of the fact that she'd never done anything but manipulate him for her own benefit. That she'd only succeeded in doing so because he'd been fool enough to ignore everything he knew about the Puck hardly made any difference.

He just couldn't help himself. He knew it would lead to trouble, but it would be wrapped in layers of excitement and drama and a reminder of what it was to be fey.

"Is now a bad time?" his aunt asked.

Cahill's eyes traveled up and down her body. She looked even better than he remembered. He'd always thought her beautiful, but that beauty had grown.

And she was with child.

Because of course she was. Everyone was, these days. It was only a matter of time before he started sporting a swollen belly of his own.

Damn, that just wasn't fair. Everything about motherhood drove Cahill insane with lust. Doubly so if it involved his mother, but there wasn't a woman alive he wouldn't find at least somewhat more attractive when pregnant. And he'd found his aunt plenty attractive before.

"Don't worry, I'm not here to tell you its yours," she said.

Cahill snorted. Of course it wasn't. He hadn't coupled with her in a long time.

Too long.

She reached up and knocked on his forehead, making popping sounds with her mouth as she did. "As I feared. Completely hollow."

"Come in," he said at last.

Niall was taking his nap and Ty was playing in the back yard. They were all alone. That was go--no, bad. Bad. It was definitely bad.

"Can I offer you something to drink?" he asked as he led her into the kitchen.

"Have you got any whiskey?" she asked.

He gave her a quizzical look.

"Don't be a git. Ye can see for yerself I've got a wee one on the way," she said, running a hand over her as yet flat abdomen. "I'll take a water, yeah?"

"A brother of mine?" he asked as he grabbed a glass from the cupboard.

"Aye, no fecking thanks to you," she said. "Right selfish to fix that problem on your own after I went to the trouble of spellin' it all out for ye. But as luck would have it, it didna take much convincin' to get me brother to plant his seed in me garden."

"Glad to hear it," Cahill said. He put her drink on the counter and sat on one of the stools, gesturing for her to do the same. "How is dear old Dad? Handling retirement well?"

Liadan snickered. "You'd think he had some chance of holding on to the Emerald Court, the way he mopes about. If anyone should be upset, it's Macha." She took a sip of her water before sitting down. "But he'll get over tha' in time. What's got him right craite is that our ma wants nuttin to do wit him. Hasn't let him touch her in forever. Macha neither, though with her it's more about her addiction to her son than anything."

Cahill rubbed his forehead. He'd forgotten how bewildering her speech patterns were. Bewildering, but also charming. Not that he should let himself think such things.

"Anyway," she said, "you don't wanna hear about your da or our children."

Cahill couldn't help but note the plural. He wondered how many new brothers and sisters he now had and whether his father was helping her raise them. That seemed doubtful.

"So why are you here?" he asked.

Liadan recoiled. "Forgot how charmin' ye can be."

He almost apologized, but stopped himself.

His aunt sighed. "I feel bad about what I done to ya, believe it or not."

"So you came by to give me a useless warning?" he asked. "Like when you said that your mother would try to take my children away from me?"

"I never said that," she replied.

True, she hadn't. But she'd damn sure implied that the queen would not abide him and his mother having purebred children. Only now she was encouraging everyone to have as many children as they pleased. Purebred or no, Walker or no.

"No warnings," she said. "Just a gift."

Which was even worse.

She reached inside her pocket and produced a silver acorn charm.

"And what does this do?" he asked, picking it up.

"Protects you from unwelcome glamours."

"Really?" he asked.

"Aye," she said. That and no more.

He studied it for a few moments. It was beautiful. But he wasn't sure he wanted to accept a gift from her.

"That's very kind of you," he said. "But I can't accept this."

123
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Incest/Taboo
  • /
  • Homelands Pt. 08 Ch. 06

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 18 milliseconds