• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • Forward to the Stars Ch. 18

Forward to the Stars Ch. 18

Sorry it's taken so long. Life, family, depression and all that nice shit. Anyway, all comments are welcome and wanted, though the more constructive are more so!! Though if you won't vote at least comment that way I get SOME response. And YES, I know this chapter SUCKS! If I can come up with a rewrite that works and I don't have to rewrite to many following chapters believe me when I say I will rewrite this!!

******************

"Yeah, whatever." Grumbled Jasmine as she looked around the bay ignoring the goings on around her. "Hey Rebar, she capable of any better a conversation?" She asked as she saw Rebecca talking to a suited animorph. "WHA, HEY??!" She yelped as she found herself flying through the air towards the animorph's open palm.

"The NAME is THUMPER!" The animorph snarled as Jasmine's forehead came in contact with her palm laying the girl out on the floor stunned. "Remember it, or you WILL find out WHY." The animorph snarled bristling.

"Just be glad you didn't meet Amy. She's a CRAZY Hawg!" Chuckled another animorph as it walked up to the group. "M` Lady," It said turning to Athena. "The Chapel is complete, do you and these others wish to see?" Gesturing at everyone. "We will also be able to send Benjamen back to the States so that h- well, SHE can start on HER plans for revenge."

"Echidnas." Athena sighed rubbing her eyes as she shook her head.

"OH, come on you grumpy old horsie." Jessica laughed. "Let's go see what they fixed up, it'll pass some time."

"HORSIE?!" Athena growled bristling at Jessica out the corner of her eye. "You DARE to call ME, horsie???!"

"I know you won't want to but let it drop, for now at least, huh?" Laria said softly from behind Athena. "While YOU might know what the Order has fixed up, we don't! So we're naturally curious and it WILL pass some time." She smiled as Athena growled deep in her throat and waved people to follow the Echidna as she headed for a door only to stop in her tracks as Icialan, Ashilon and another being (She had no idea if the person she nearly flattened was human or a Psyker Blade in a suit) walked through the door just as she was about to also but in the other direction.

"Yo, sor` to startle you but we're needing to talk to a couple of peeps." The being said in a wide friendly grin.

"So YOU'RE Neosis, huh?" Rebecca asked drawing looks from everyone. "What?" She asked as people continued to look at her. "OH, COME ON! Isn't it obvious as to WHO he IS? Come on, seriously! He LOOKS like some surfer/beach combing bum! I mean LOOK at him! Scraggly blond hair, needs a shave and DON'T get me started on the waxing his legs need! White T-shirt with a over-sized floral print shirt over that, baggy shirts and flip-flops, he so looks like someone that has no significance in the scheme that he CAN'T be anyone else! Am I wrong??!" She asked getting in the guys face DARING him to say no.

"Which is EXACTLY why I need to talk to you Rebecca about what we can do for each other." The guy said with an even bigger grin in his face. "Far to few clues and to far an accurate grasp. Yes, I am Neosis and whether you choose to join or merry little band, your cognitive abilities are need in our excavation sites throughout this solar system, will you help us?"

"WHOA, that pain in the neck habit of yours is finally paying huh Rebar?" Nicole laughed as she slapped the girl on the back.

"Sure, why not." Rebecca said high-fiving Nicole. "Let's how far we can get in the hierarchy, huh? Hey, can Nicole tag?" She asked suddenly.

"Don't see why not, we'll just be strapped for time on the launch window since we'll have to come up with a suit for her." Neosis said with a shrug.

Well, what about her?" Asked one of the latest girls that Laria had rounded up pointing to Rebecca.

"TWO, things!" Neosis said firmly holding up the appropriate number of fingers.

"ONE: Names, whether the one you were born with or not names to call you by but more importantly registration in the computer banks.

And two:" He said smiling as the holograph surrounding the his suit deactivated revealing a suit sized for Rebecca.

"DAMN GIRL!" Jasmine laughed being the first to come to her senses from the shock. "They REALLY want your help don't they??!"

"Yes, we would seriously appreciate her help but no, we are not going to bond. Maybe at a later time but that is then, this is now and we would really appreciate your help Rebecca." Neosis said, the honesty and urgency thick in his voice.

"Aahh, IF you can get in my head so I'll answer to it, let's see how I like Dawn." Rebecca said after a few seconds thought. "And why shouldn't I help? Especially since the way you're talking even if I NEVER bond with one of you guys I am SO going to come out this with my bank account very lined."

"No one has any problems with me tagging along do they?" Nicole asked, giving her best puppy eyes.

"Of course not but we DO need to stop by the armory on our way out, like in the next three minutes because we ARE needing to get going." Neosis said indicating the doorway.

"Well in that case, if you can get inside my head so I'll answer to it I'll try May." Nicole said as she slipped out the door and waited for the others to exit

*********************

"Well if everything's good to go let's all go see about that chapel." Athena said thinking she was beginning to understand the shame, hate and rage she felt radiate off Brian when dealing with other humans even Tina and the others. "While there we still need people to register names."

"Yeah, let's head down because I think I just thought of a way to speed up the delivery of those last C-fusion power plants." Laria said with a wide smile.

"Oh? And how is that?" Icialan asked.

"Exactly how many emergency back-up C-plants does this base and that transport outside have and how many more than the necessary number has Brian insisted on?" Laria asked a little smugly,

"We'll have to check on the Sentinel's preparations with the local and national governments and accelerate some of the plans to ensure our safety but if it is all set, you just put us ahead eighteen days." Icialan said happily. "Now, since it looks like things are moving along well enough I need to hold Benji back and have a talk with her."

"Is everything alright?" Crystal asked hanging back from the group as they all headed down the hall.

"Yeah," Benjamin sighed. "Everything's peachy. Just don't worry about for it right now, hmm?"

"Okay, if you say so." Crystal said slowly before she walked down the hall after the others.

"Thanks for this." Benjamin said turning towards Icialan as they were enveloped by the shimmering light of a transport beam.

"No problem, but you DO realize that this could have been avoided IF you had just accepted the fact that the transformation process changed you from the male you WERE, to the female that you now ARE." Icialan said as she moved turned on the shower and started adjusting the temperature. "And used the pads that were slipped to you."

"I-it's just that....' Benjamin started then hung his head and after another second finished shedding his bloody clothes. "So I really AM a girl, aren't I?"

"Either that or someone ripped off your dick and balls." Icialan said holding up the pants Benjamin had been wearing making sure the bloody crotch was obvious. "Though I'm not to sure what Brian wants with your bloody cloths." She said under her breath placing the slacks, panties and shoes in a stasis container.

"Probably going to use them to get me in his bed." Benjamin shuddered, fear twisting her guts into knots.

"Believe it or not, Brian isn't like that. Not really anyway. Now I need to get back to preparing and it now looks like there are going to be some modifications in our plans." Icialan said with a sigh. "There will be clothing laid out on the bunk and assistance outside this room for when you are ready to return to America."

"Um, thank you." Benjamin said softly.

"It's less than you deserve since you did not willing become a part of this." Icialan said with a soft smile as she left the bathroom.

*************************

"So, this is it?" Jasmine asked as they stopped as they stopped outside a nondescript double sliding door.

"The importance of something is should not always obvious from the outside." The Echidna that stepped out of the room when the doors suddenly slid open said with a soft smile.

"Oh yeah," Laria said smiling. "Big time Brian! He's big time 'The more important a thing is, the less obvious it should be'. The inside can be as extravagant you can fucking get it but the outside should not be at odds with the purpose of the building. He really does like the beauty of cathedrals he REALLY does but he just has a thing about any building actually being able to compete for the reverence for God."

"We will not accomplish the Remaker's plans by calling attention to ourselves, we can only destroy the world and rebuild it by NOT making ourselves look and feel superior. We will only make existence better by being one with it, not putting ourselves in God's seat. I am Klarian. Come, we have been waiting for you." The Echidna said kindly stepping to the side and gesturing towards the doorway.

"NICE!!!" Erika said as she stepped into the rectangular chapel and looked around see that they entered near one of the ends of the rectangular room. "Um, whats with the chairs?" She asked uneasily trying to look around the room but only seeing the high backs of what appeared to be armored bucket seats.

"If you'd look up the seating isn't all that compared to them." The blond that had come with Laria said pointing up at the automated laser turrets. "And I guess I'll go with Donna since names are wanted to put in records."

"I'll go with Jubilee." Said one of the dark haired girls. "What? I always like Jub." When she saw people looking at her.

"So does Brian." Laria said managing to keep her smirk from being to obvious.

"Well, I'm going to stick with Katherine." Said the other dark haired girl.

"And it's only a coincidence that you look like Kitty Pryde?" Asked the Echidna.

"YES!" Laria snapped as the girl started spitting and sputtering. "Yes, it is! Now I know I should have but these guys already have picked their names. You already heard Donna, Kitty's and Jubilee's names. Now, Rei and her brother Jacqueline, and there are those that think societies present problems don't have anything to do with the parents." She said pointing to the silver/blue haired siblings with a shake of her head. "Anne," Pointing to a blue/black haired girl. "Evee or Eveline," She said indicating the redhead. "And Amber." Pointing to the brunette.

"Well, 'I' am still Benjamin. Once I get back to the States I'm getting my old body back." Benjamin snarled over the com.

"You okay Bro?" Crystal asked. "And anyway, I think I'll STAY a guy for a while though I think I'll do some touch up on my looks! I couldn't STAND Benji there on that damned cartoon, to much of a POS."

"Well, I think WE have for the most part like the new looks we've been given." Jasmine said looking at the other and receiving head shakes in response to her statement. "Though could we see about that suggestion that Dawn and May asked about earlier?"

"Done and done." Laughed Neosis as Dawn and May walked into the room.

"Soooo um, where is Neosis since he said no bonding." Asked Donna looking around for another suit.

"Right here." Dawn said lifting up her left arm. "Just because we aren't bonded doesn't mean we can't work together now does it? But I DO want someone to explain WHY I have to learn to use my left hand?"

"I can NOT BELIEVE THIS!" Laria exclaimed. "And here you are supposed to the SMART one! It's because everyone and everything is built for righties NOT lefties."

"Of course." Dawn said slapping herself on the forehead. "That way if we are ever in a fight, us fighting with left dominant throws the other person off balance since they'll have been taught right handed.

"Exactly," The Echidna laughed. "All of us, even you humans here are the downtrodden, the bullied, victimized. Yes, there are those of us in the Legion that preyed on the others but Brian has shown us a new way, a way that stands AGAINST the way of existence, of God, the laws of 'NATURE' if you will. Yes, there have been and will be those that stand against us or try to pervert The Remakers' vision."

"And just what IS Brian's 'vision"? Crystal asked butting into the Echidna's speech.

"Come, sit and you will be told." The Echidna said with a soft smile motioning to the chairs that filled room.

********************

"So.....," Dawn said before sighing. "WHAT is it that I'm needed to help with, REALLY?"

"You've heard of the giant face on Mars haven't you?" Neosis asked as May was FINALLY locking her suit closed.

"Who hasn't?" Laughed May. "Of course most people don't think twice about it or that on the next quote,end quote photo was made of the 'SAME' place there was NO giant face and blindly accepted NASA's shallow explanation of...., what was their excuse Dawn? I can't remember!"

"Needless to say," Neosis said interrupting. "Luckily for us, the so-far unknown backers of the Shadow Government haven't allowed them real spacecraft so up until know the best Earth has done is those pathetic moonwalk type landings."

"You mean those A..... well WERE real??!" Exclaimed Dawn.

"Surprise, surprise. Yes, they actually happened even with all that unnatural lighting in those videos and surprising amount of gravity acting on the astronauts." Neosis said as they left the armory and headed down the hall to the hatch out of the base.

"There's also the interesting thing about the quality of the videos sent back." Dawn said with a smile. "Those videos are awfully good quality for that time period and for how far they had to travel to get back to Earth."

"There's also the radiation band that should have had the astronauts meeting the stork." May said as they waited for the airlock to cycle open. "Of course, that does also argue for help from elsewhere, since they wouldn't really know for just how much shielding they'd need to keep from sterilizing their go-to-boys."

"Hmm." Neosis mumbled noncommittally as they entered the launch-bay. "Oh well, nice conversation but we need to get going. Okay kid, I need you to strap me to your left arm." He said as he backed up against the wall and deactivated his suit which open exposing his Psyker Blade body.

"So cool." Breathed May as Dawn reached in and lifted Neosis out, she could help feel envy clench at her heart. "What?" She asked as she heard Neosis chuckle as Dawn tightened him down on her arm.

"Just don't get to jealous until you find out about the drawbacks." Neosis said the holomatrix on Dawn's suit activated showing a VERY interesting half Neosis in all his beach going attire and half Dawn in what appeared to be a latex flight jumpsuit."Having your natural psychic abilities awakened, at times doesn't make up for the drawbacks of having someone else in your mind with you."

"Hey wait, I thought YOU guys were the source of the psychic powers." Dawn said looking down at her left arm.

"Way back when we were in the Empire we WERE but things are different now." Neosis said as they climbed on to the side of a two-seater fighter. "Sorry but Dawn and I get the front seat but do NOT start punching buttons!" He said as May moved for the front seat.

"OOOH, what does this nice big red button do?" Dawn laughed as she slid into the cramped pilots seat and started reaching for the straps.

"And why does it have a skull and crossbones on it?" May added as she followed suite.

"Nothing TO hardcore." Neosis snorted in amusement. "Just a nuke with an ounce of N`LCRIUM integrated into it." He laughed.

"How big a boom would that make?" May asked as the craft lifted from the hangar and eased out the airspace of the base before picking up speed and heading up out of the atmosphere.

"Let's go with the Hiroshima nuke and its glazing of Japan as an example." Neosis said as the ship began a trip around the Earth before heading out of Earth space.

"So how well would the Japs have handled a nuke like that?" May asked as she plastered herself to the canopy of craft looking at panorama of the Earth below her with a glimpse of the sun at the horizon.

"WHAT Japanese?" Neosis asked flatly. "If something like that were to drop on Hiroshima, it wouldn't have left a Japanese race for America to have fought during the second half of WW2."

"HUH, wha?" Dawn asked as what she heard settled between her ears and finally registered.

"The so called 'War in the Pacific' was PART of WW2, even if it was what the US government would pretty much call a 'Police Action'." Neosis said as the craft finally pulled up from orbiting the Earth and headed into space. "Granted it was between America and Japan but it was STILL part WW2 because it was started and continued throughout the war. Just because no one else was willing or for that matter really capable of continuing the war does not mean it was not part of the war."

"So where are we going anyway?" Asked May as she watched the moon slip passed from view. "Hey wait!! I just saw lights..... WHY are there lights on th backside of the moon?"

"Just know that humanity isn't alone and at least some, we have no idea how many but some are NOT our friends!" Neosis growled. "The problem is that the governments of Earth are smart enough to realize that, but all they care about is the promise of power in government. They aren't smart enough to realize if you aren't on level with someone else you're second-class at best, slave at worst. Now, where we are headed first is Mars. We need to get you two up to educational speed and get you used to working off planet so you're able to help when you get to Titan."

"Why are we needed up there?" Dawn asked throughly confused.

"While I have no problem telling you, it'll just make more sense to show you when you get there." Neosis said apologetically.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • Forward to the Stars Ch. 18

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 29 milliseconds