• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Romance
  • /
  • The Hiker Ch. 01

The Hiker Ch. 01

It was a hot, Wednesday in early July. Around town there were still puddles in the streets and on the sidewalks from the storms on the Fourth, limbs and sticks scattered about from the fierce winds. It was sultry and nearly uncomfortable as I waited from the 18 to finally come around. As I saw its large headlights I waved frantically, always afraid they wouldn't see me, or would just leave me. The bus pulled to the curb and I walked my bike out to bring down its bike rack and place my bike in it. As I boarded the bus, paid the fare, and took the white transfer slip I had no idea that simple piece of cheap paper would change my life.

As the bus gave me my transfer slip my green eyes scanned the bus quickly. It was nearly packed. Perfect. Instead of taking one of the free seats I went between the upper seats and lower, grabbing hold of the bar and spreading my feet for stability. It was a strange love I had of this spot. As the bus took off at a too fast speed everyone struggled to remain comfortably upright while my feet shifted and my gripped tightened. I was on a pirate's ship in my mind, a Captain surveying her strange crew and trusting her First to steer for the trip.

While peering through the bus' massive windows I saw a man at the curb, leaning forward to pick something up while lifting one hand high in the air to wave for the bus. He was stunning even from half a block away. My fantasy of the high seas evaporated as a creature of day dreams mounted the bus. So entranced and impressed I pulled out my cell phone, snapped a covert picture, and texted my sister "Obscenely hot man on the bus,".

He was like nothing I had seen before. He was obviously a traveler, hitchhiker really, but not like the dozens, hundreds I'd seen before. He was young, healthy, clean, and attractive. Everything about him was perfect and cried out to me. His hair was put up in dread locks but also looked clean of what I could see of them, held back by a bandana folded into a rectangle around his temples. His skin was smooth and tan, every inch I could see of it was clear and healthy. His shoulders and upper arms had dark freckles scattered over them. The Hiker was barely taller than I was, perhaps 5'7" but used every inch without giving a bit to slouching. When he spoke he showed a hint of perfectly white teeth. When he smiled he blinded me with its beauty and shine.

Even then I was fantasizing about this charismatic man that had suddenly popped into all our lives. The whole bus was focused on him while I thought to myself, "What must it be like to know how sexually appealing you are, to know everyone is looking at you, desiring you, or being envious of you?"

The hiker looked rich to my eyes. His clothes and equipment spoke of it. From head to toe he was well geared for whatever it was he was doing. He wore natural running shoes, the five toed kind that had recently gotten popular. The hiker wore thin khaki pants that he had tied up in knots about three quarters the way up his calves, just below his knees. His legs were quite hairy with dark brown, curly hair. A well fitted black tank top was all he wore for a shirt. Around his neck a black necklace with some kind of pendant attached to it. Dog tags and tiny dagger it looked. His bandana was olive green and beige, it seemed all his clothes were olive green and beige. The pack he carried was massive almost as long as his torso, but wider than his slim waist. It looked very well put together, with strong stitching I could see from a distance. When he took his pack off his back it had left red marks in his tanned shoulders, the weight must've been great to dig in so deep.

I was quiet, watching, feeling like I was under a spell as he moved and spoke. The Hiker was also standing rather than taking a seat. As he spoke to the driver to find directions to I-94 and the fastest bus there, my eyes were roving over his body. His legs were strong and curvy, longer than I would've thought someone around my own height would have. Sadly, his butt was slightly flat but still looked amazing in his khakis. As he leaned back against the seats and spread his feet to gain balance his khakis tightened slightly around his thigh and my mouth dried. I had never known such lust up to that point.

The ride was fast then, shooting up 13th avenue and I felt despair setting in. Soon our journey together would end without a word passing between us. Stopping at a red light, he seemed to notice I was staring at him. He looked back at me and I looked out the window. In its reflection I could see a smirk form on his lips and when he looked away, I went back to letting my eyes feast as my mind concocted fantasies. He knew I would because as soon as I looked at him, he caught my eyes through his shades and smiled that smile. I blushed furiously but didn't look away that time.

Picking up the bus map he'd been studying he started to walk down the aisle to my little cubby hole, grinning. My heart was pounding so hard it hurt. As he got closer I could smell the heat on him still. That dry, dusty smell of summer.

The Hiker leaned in towards me, smiling a bit as he unfolded the over sized map. "Soooo," The drawn out vowel was distorted sounding around his smile as he stood up straight and tall, using those few inches of height to loom over me so perfectly. "you look like you're from around here. What's the fastest way to get to I-94?"

Tucking strands of hair behind my ear while I licked my lips, ducking my head to look at a map I had memorized years ago while trying to get a moment to get my mind under control. Images of reaching up and tangling my fingers in his hair and kissing him wildly, of running my hands over his tanned torso were making thinking difficult. "Uh, um. This bus'll take us to West Acres in a few minutes. That's only about a half mile from 94, but there are a few buses that'll bring you straight to it." Looking up from the map to his still hidden eyes, we had a moment of brief but intense eye contact. I think they were green as well, but it was hard to tell through the amber colored glass.

As the bus lurched around a corner his hand quickly came around me, resting on my lower back to steady me as both my hands were holding the map. Flustered, I kept speaking. "Um um, t-this one. It goes to the hospital. It has to cross the interstate. Not sure when it comes. My bus, 22, after its main route it 'becomes' 21. That will definitely take you there."

"Hm? 22 and 21? How long of a wait for them?" He didn't stop smiling, he was very comfortable and I think enjoying making me squirm a little. I was enjoying his enjoyment.

"T-twenty two should be at the mall before us. Just hop on it and ride it back around through West Fargo." His smile grew and he lowered his voice and moved closer to me. His shoulder brushed mine, I felt like I'd been punched in the stomach I wanted him so badly.

"I won't bite. You don't have to look quite so scared." He whispered to me, bringing a blush to my face. "Never been through West Fargo. First time in Fargo, actually. I think 22 and 21 it will be." He took the map away from me and folded it back up, slipping it into a pocket of his pack while pulling out a film camera. We were just pulling to a stop at West Acres. "Smile." As I turned to look at him with a quizzical expression on my face, brows drawn down, and a slight frown on my face the shutter snapped. "Perfect."

The doors opened to let us out, to let in the warmth and sunlight and I got out quickly feeling flustered and out of control, and dangerously aroused. Grabbing my bike I drug it three buses back to replace it on another rack. My hiker was nowhere to be seen. Disappointment overwhelmed me as I boarded, but he was right there, sitting with a seat open next to him. Taking the seat I smiled a bit. "This is going to be a long ride if you don't smile more than that. I could walk it in five minutes, so that cute blush is putting me out a lot." Glaring at him through my eyelashes as the bus started, his arm casually coming around my shoulders. He was far too aggressive and confident but I was loving it. I wanted him, I wanted it. A quick, simple, wild, stupid, dangerous affair.

"Don't you worry about getting robbed while you hitchhike? Why are you even doing it? It looks like you could afford to fly anywhere." Those shoulders that made my stomach tighten shrugged slightly.

"I just wanted to do it... I won't get a job in this economy and backpacking around Europe seems a bit...80's...Its fun. It can be really beautiful in the right places. I'm going out to the Badlands right now. Have you seen them?"

I scoffed at his question. I hadn't seen anything more than an hour from Fargo. "Hah, no. I've barely left the city my whole life." The Hiker's eyebrows drew up sharply and he looked at me over his sunglasses.

"No shit? You should come with me." His head tilted towards me, a conspirator smile blooming. This man was the devil and he had come just to tempt me. "Just a week or two, then take the bus back home. No big deal, just sight seeing."

My heart was drumming so violently I felt ill. I could never do something like that. I had to stay home. I had to make sure my family didn't implode. I had to work. I had to go. "That's insane. I can't." He gently jostled my elbow then.

"Come on. Come on. I'll keep you safe. It's two, maybe three hitches to Teddy Park and then we camp and hike around. You'd love it. All you need are some decent shoes and clothes. Take us 10 minutes at the Wal-Mart we just went by."

My sanity began to seep away as I heard my own voice speaking, "Oh god. I'm going to regret this so much." My hand reached up and pulled the stop cord. We went to Wal-Mart and bought the clothes and gear I'd need. He'd been wrong. It took 20 minutes. I called home and said I had run into a classmate from 9th grade. One Mister Sean Anderson, as point of fact. My high school crush and said I was going with him and his sister camping and I'd be in touch. My mother panicked, of course, but my cell phone turned off then.

The hiker was ecstatic he'd convinced me so easily and so was I. I was as bonded to him as I felt I'd been to anyone in a very long time. Changing clothes and putting things in my pack in the Wal-Mart bathroom, tying thick brown hair back into a pony tail and I was ready for my trip to insanity. I went outside to meet him and when I saw those shoulders and that smile, I couldn't regret what I was doing.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Romance
  • /
  • The Hiker Ch. 01

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 28 milliseconds