• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • Dreams

Dreams

Hi all! I'm new here, but have always written stories for fun. The summary is below. I would love to hear feedback, no flaming please, but I like to see what people think. It's short, but will be longer and more frequent if you enjoy it.

_____________________________

Summary: They say love conquers all, but some things must be an exception. The last time Natalia checked, there are just some things love cannot overcome. As an interior designer, born and raised in New York City and moved to Los Angeles, California at the tender age of 18, Natalia learned the hardships of life early on. Falling in love with Jason Bennings, eight years her senior, was not one of the goals in Natalia's life, but it was the best decision she ever made. However, after cheated on twice by Jason, Natalia decided it's time to give up on the man she fell in love with and the life they built together. But Jason isn't ready to give up on his wife and he's willing to do whatever it takes to show Natalia what their marriage means to him. With a baby on the way that Jason has no clue about and mistakes that could tear their life apart forever, how will Jason and Natalia get through their hardships? If only it were a dream.

_____________________________

Chapter 1

"Just sign the damn papers, please! I can't take this anymore." Natalia attempted to calm herself as she cried out to her husband. He stood there emotionless. Typical Jason.

"We can work this out. What the fuck happened to working things out in a marriage?" Jason exclaimed, throwing the paper she handed him across the room. Those papers would ruin his life forever.

"How many times, Jason? How many times do you expect me to sit around and wait for you to change?" She raised her hand on her forehead, softened her tone, and looked into his eyes.

"I'm tired of being the one who holds the relationship together. I'm so tired."

He choked. What could he say? It was the second time she caught him with another female.

"Sign the divorce papers and let me leave. Let me go so you can fuck every girl and tell her everything you told me. Promise her everything you promised me. But tell me Jason, is she going to be the one you break down on? Is that she going to have what we had? Is she?!" Natalia walked towards him and stared into his hazel eyes. They were just feet away from each other, but she felt miles apart from him.

She began to walk towards the papers she spent time on for weeks. He held her wrist gently and pleaded with her silently. He looked at her back turned to him and right then and there he knew he fucked up. Bad.

Natalia's heart broke into pieces because she was dying for him to apologize. Deep down she yearned for him to hold her wrists and ask her to work things out. She wanted to hear the sweetest words that would bring her back into his arms. But he stopped. Instead, Jason stood there speechless. She pushed his hands off her wrist roughly and picked up the papers. Right before she walked out she turned and looked at him.

"I hate you, you fuckin' bastard."

He remained firm. "I'm sorry."

"I swear to God I won't shed another tear for you. No more. I deserve better and you know that." She walked out, leaving him with a heartache.

As Natalia walked to the car she put her hand on her stomach and sighed.

She grew frustrated when the door wouldn't open to her 98 Honda Civic.

"Please just open. Please, please, please." She mumbled, tears burning the back of her eyes.

Once the jet black door opened she got in her car and slammed the door shut. She drove off and stopped at the next block.

Everything came crashing down at once. She remembered walking in and seeing the girl. She remembered the four years she stayed devoted to him.

"Oh god, what am I gonna do?" Tears rushed down from her light brown eyes as she put her head back on the rest.

Look what I've become Her thoughts ran through her mind.

She looked down at her stomach again.

"Your the only thing that's keeping me holding on." She whispered through her tears and frown.

"And he doesn't need to know." She wiped the water from her cheek.

***

The next day, Natalia didn't feel like even waking up. She just wanted to sulk into her sheets and not get up. But she knew she needed to visit Dr. Manning; it was long overdue.

Natalia pressed the button continuously as the people starred at her in the elevator.

"What the hell?" She mumbled to herself. She was on the way to the see Dr. Manning and the day was sure looking like a bad one. Once she signed in and sat in the waiting room, Jason came to her head. He didn't call or leave any messages with her job. Natalia was truly starting to question whether or not Jason cared. Reaching into her purse, she looked at her phone.

No missed calls, huh? She laughed bitterly.

"Natalia Rivers." The nurse called in the waiting room. Natalia threw her long, wavy caramel hair behind her shoulder and rose from her seat.

"Follow me." The nurse pressed a code into a machine and the hospital patient section opened.

~

Natalia looked around the doctor's office and blew out a breath of air. Baby pictures flooded the room. There was a baby girl dressed in a purple dress wrapped in her fathers arms. Natalia smiled sadly because she knew that love portrayed in the picture would never be her reality. Maybe it just wasn't meant for her.

The doctor stepped in a few moments later.

"Well Ms. Rivers, your baby is doing fine." The doctor said as she cleaned up Natalia's lower stomach.

"Thanks." Natalia replied as she straightened herself up.

"On the other hand, Ms. Rivers, you do seem unpleasant. Is there anything stressful occurring in your life at this moment?" The concerned doctor asked as she set aside her tools.

Natalia's eyes wondered around the room for a minute.

'Is there? When isn't there?' She thought.

"Somewhat." Her tone was uncomfortable.

"And this doesn't have to the with the baby's father?" The sarcasm dripped off her tongue.

"How'd you know?"

Dr. Manning chuckled.

"Dollface, I know everything. I've been in this profession for over fifteen years. I've seen babies with fathers, without fathers, and plenty more." The doctor explained as she gave Natalia some room to get comfortable.

She continued, "It's nothing unfamiliar, though I do wish it wasn't so normal."

"But as you know, Ms. Rivers, stress does no good for the baby. I understand that women go through all sorts of emotional traumas and experiences during their pregnancy, but try to avoid little things that may cause you to be stressed. Take a nap during the day or go for a nice walk outside, for instance." She patted Natalia's shoulder.

"I'm just not feeling...right lately." She pushed her shoulder length dark, shiny hair out of her face.

"These feelings and fears are common. You have no reason to be stressed, my dear. Take everything slow and steady and I promise you'll win." Dr Manning gave a Colgate smile.

Slow and steady...

~

Natalia decided to stay at her long time friend Jay's apartment while being separated from Jason. Jay was nothing more than a friend, Jason also knew that. He was her best friend and closest person to confide in for a reason - she knew he would never hit on her. Besides, she liked his small apartment that had enough room for the both of them.

~

A frantic knock on the door could be heard miles away. It could only be one person. He knew the first place Natalia would go to is Jay's place. She wouldn't go to her mother's place or her family because they would tell her, 'I told you so...' and she didn't need that.

"Always running to Jay, the bastard. Mother fuckin' piece of..." Jason mumbled as he knocked on the wooden door.

~

"Who is that banging like a beast from the jungle?" Jay said as he sat across the couch from Natalia.

Her heart started pumping quick.

"Go see." She nodded her head towards the door.

"Girl, why don't you get your lazy ass up and check it for yourself. You know ain't nobody coming over today." Jay said as he made his way over to the door. Natalia found comfort in Jay when nobody was there for her to turn to. She loved his diva personality and his incredible sarcasm. He was the perfect white boy with spunk.

He swung the door open.

"Look what the devil let out." Jay said loudly with his flamboyant tone rising as he walked away from the door. He left the door open and rolled his eyes as he walked towards the couch Natalia sat on, which was away from the door so she couldn't see Jason and he couldn't see her. Jason, on the other hand, wasn't in the mood for games.

"Can you ask Natalia to stop being a little girl and come talk to me?" Jason said, raising his voice so that she would hear him. She stood up and walked towards the door with a stare that could freeze Hell.

This wasn't the way it was suppose to be.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • Dreams

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 22 milliseconds