• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonConsent/Reluctance
  • /
  • Closeville Ch. 1

Closeville Ch. 1

123

Chapter 1: They'll Love You

"Don't worry, they're going to love you."

Sherry stopped herself from nervously toying with her wrist corsage long enough to smile at her new husband.

"I can't help it. I don't have much experience with these things."

He laughed at her then, and called her silly. Even so, she couldn't help but feel the knots in her stomach tighten as each mile drew them closer to her new home. Frank was smiling in a peculiar way, almost taunting her.

It was easy for him, being the one who knew the family they were headed to; knew everyone in Closetown, for that matter. He'd grown up surrounded by people. How could he understand how she would feel, never having known a family? How would they react to her, an outsider, a misplaced orphan city girl suddenly with an extended family to deal with? She went back to picking at her wrist flowers.

"What if I'm too city-like? I don't know how to act in a small town."

"They're going to love you," Frank said again.

They drove on, as the cities dwindled to suburbs, and on into fields, miles and miles of nothing but fields. Sherry couldn't believe she was still in the same country, it suddenly felt like another world. An old-fashioned small town, Frank had said, far inland. Cable hadn't made its way to their televisions yet, and to get a line for long distance one still had to dial the operator. She didn't believe it, and argued over it with him. The technology had made that obsolete, no matter where you live, hadn't it? In a huff he'd said to wait and see, just wait and see.

So she was waiting, and soon she would see. The radio had fizzled out long ago, and as her fatigue finally won out over her nervousness she drifted into a fitful sleep.

****

Frank's lips, full and soft, brushed against her own to draw her from sleep. She opened her eyes to find his big brown eyes smiling at her. Frank, who gave her love and companionship when she thought she was alone in the world. Now he was her husband, giving her a life and a new home, a new town and neighbors, all the kinds of things that she'd longed for but never had. Tonight she would give herself to her husband, as she'd never given herself before. The thought thrilled her with anticipation, then anxiety, as she woke more completely to see that they were stopped. It was time to meet the family.

"Wake up, sleeping beauty, we're here."

Frank turned his attention to two young boys who were running from the house, leading to a long embrace and plenty of smiles. Sherry knew how Frank had missed his family. He'd been gone for two years trying to settle business affairs for them and for most of his neighbors, who all were related somehow, by blood or marriage, it seemed.

The boys were healthy-looking, enthusiastically bombarding him with the latest news, and sneaking curious peeks at Sherry, who was just getting out of the car. The old farmhouse was just as he'd described it. It had green wood siding that was peeling in places, but somehow that just added to the charm of it. A beautiful long front porch overlooked the fields that surrounded them. There were no cars but their own.

A woman came from the front door and hurried down the steps, wiping her hands on her apron along the way. She was pleasantly plump, wearing a plaid housedress and easy-comfort shoes. She smiled brightly as she rushed over to Frank.

"Frankie, I'm so happy to see you!"

"Hi Mom!" Frank gave her a hug, and motioned for Sherry to move closer.

"Oh, and this must be Sherry! Hi dear and welcome to the family. I'm Frank's mom, I guess you know, but you can call me Emily. Unless you want to call me mom!" She laughed, and kissed Sherry on the cheek.

"How was the drive? Oh, I hope it was okay. I never could manage long drives. No, I'm just as content to stay at home. Oh, I'm just getting things ready for the big reception! There's still much to do. Frank, your old room is all fixed up and waiting, why don't you show Sherry up there and she can rest for awhile."

"Reception?" Sherry asked, looking up at Frank.

"Why, of course!" Emily went on. "No son of mine is going to get married without a proper ceremony and reception! However you did things back in that big city, well let me just say, things are a little different here! Oh yes, must have the reception, and we must-"

"Mom, okay, the reception is no problem. I just didn't tell Sherry about it." He said this last forcefully, shooting a knowing look at his mother.

Emily was unaffected. "Ah well, some things are only meant for family, of course. Send her to your old room to rest, Frank, until I get these things done and I can help her get ready."

"I'm really not tired, I just woke up," Sherry said. "Maybe I can help in the kitchen?"

Frank and his mother exchanged a look. "No dear," Emily responded after an awkward moment, "it really would be best if you rested. You are going to have a long night."

Sherry began to protest, but was taken by the hand and led away by her husband. She barely got to see the inside of the foyer when she was whisked away to an upstairs bedroom. Frank stopped outside the bedroom door and offered her a hurried kiss.

"Just don't argue , okay, Sherry? I've been away a long time and things are going to be a little tense. Everyone's going to love you tonight, you just need to let Mom do her thing to get ready, okay?"

"Frank, I don't think.."

"Get some rest", he cut her off. "I'll see you later tonight."

He opened the bedroom door for her, and motioned her inside. She hesitated for a moment, but then went in, without a word, and heard the door close behind her. She wasn't going to fight today. It was, after all, her wedding day.

Her wedding day. It had not been the sort of wedding every girl dreams of, but it was nice in its own way. She'd worn a plain white dress, and they met early in the morning at the courthouse. A quick ceremony, a quick kiss to her bridegroom, and off they went. Sherry wanted to spend the first night away, in a glamorous hotel.

She wanted the Honeymoon Suite, complete with champagne, a jacuzzi and soft music. There she would, for the first time, offer herself to a man. She imagined the soft candlelight, as he kissed her face, and began to undress her. His lips would fall on her shoulders and her neck. Slowly, he would remove her bra, admiring her breasts, breathlessly telling her she was beautiful before diving into her with his tongue and caress.

Sherry removed her corsage, stretched out on the bed and tried to relax, not sure if it would be better to go on with the fantasy or to end it. Something would happen between them tonight when they lay in bed together as husband and wife for the first time, but it wasn't going to be the candlelit hotel room of her dreams. Frank had been adamant about returning home immediately after the ceremony. He said it was a big tradition in his family to spend the first night of marriage at home. He hadn't mentioned the big reception that seemed to be planned. If there was any consolation at all, it was that she might get her champagne anyway.

Some time later, Emily popped her head through the door.

"Why don't you take a bath and refresh yourself, and then I'll help you get dressed?"

"Help me get dressed?"

"In your wedding gown, of course."

"I...didn't have a gown, I just wore a white dress. It's been sent along with my other things in the truck. I only have a few casual changes of clothes with me."

"Oh no, Sherry! I can see why you're confused, but we have the gown here. I'm sure it will fit, too. Frank sent me your measurements to be exact. Every bride in our family gets a homemade gown!"

"I'm not sure..." Frank sent her my measurements?

"I spent hours and hours working on it, Sherry."

"Oh." Sherry didn't want to hurt her mother-in-law's feelings already. "Yes, of course. I'll get ready then. Where is the gown?"

"I'll bring it in after you bathe."

**

After her bath Sherry did feel much refreshed. Emily returned followed by two young women, that Sherry assumed to be in their late teens. They were introduced as cousins Brenda and Little Emily. The girls brought the gown, covered in plastic wrap. They unveiled it, oooing and ahhing, as Emily beamed with pride.

It was beautifully done. Stark white fabric donned with lace, pearls, and sequins in intricate designs. Sherry admired the handiwork, amazed. It was more dazzling than most of the gowns she'd seen and longed for in the Bride's magazines. She smiled a genuine smile for the first time since coming into this house.

"It's very beautiful, thank you."

She needed help getting into the gown, and she could see that she would need help getting out of it. It fit beautifully, straight to form, and although it was not constricting, there wasn't much room for maneuvering to get out of it. She admired herself in a mirror as Emily and the girls began primping her hair. The gown was made like no other Sherry had ever seen. The seams were entirely different. Two seams showed on the front of the gown, from the knees to the neck, on both sides. The seams came up along her thighs, leading outward across her stomach and moving along the outside of her breasts, circling closer inward through the lace patters at her neck, until they met at the top of the gown. Such an intricate pattern could not be done accidentally.

"Every bride needs to be treated like a Queen" mused Emily as she placed a veil on Sherry's head. "Brenda, be sure the car is ready, I don't want her out there in the wind."

Sherry smiled as she looked herself over in the unusual wedding gown. This was turning into something nice, after all.

***************

Little Emily paced the bride's room nervously.

"Uncle Paul has run this hall for years. Everything's kind of old fashioned since there's not many new people around here to bring in new money for the business. It doesn't matter, though, most of us are pretty happy with the hall as it is. All of the weddings are held here, and the baptisms, birthday parties - everything but the funerals! Auntie will announce you soon, and then we can go in."

Sherry nodded as she admired herself in the mirror. She couldn't even believe it herself, but she looked absolutely beautiful. Her dark hair and been molded into flowing curls, poking out from beneath the beautiful veil and white flowers. The gown was altogether flattering, accenting her figure in a most delightful way. It was amazing to think that it had been done without even a fitting.

She watched Little Emily pace. The girl was wearing a frilly blue dress, with a matching long blue ribbon in her hair. She toyed at it with her fingers. She looked younger than she was, though by design or by her air of nervousness, Sherry was not sure.

"You're making ME nervous, Emily."

Emily stopped then and smiled a bit bashfully.

"I know, and you're the bride. I'm sorry, it's just that it's my first wedding too."

"Oh really?"

"Yes. I've just turned eighteen."

"Eighteen?"

"Well you're not allowed to go to weddings if you're not of age, you know."

"Oh, no I didn't know..."

Little Emily shot Sherry a strange look, as though it was something everybody knew. "Well it doesn't matter. You're the one who really has to worry, being the bride and all."

"Yes, I'm a little nervous too."

"I don't blame you. Can I ask you something? Did you ever.. well, you know. With a man before?"

"That's a bit personal, Emily. I mean, that's between Frank and me."

Emily rolled her eyes. "right.. okay, nevermind." Her voice carried the edge of teen-aged sarcasm. "not like we won't all find out anyway. Look, here comes Auntie."

Sherry glanced oddly at Little Emily, but there was no time to question as Frank's mother came into the hall and motioned for them to come.

"Everybody, may I present my son's new wife, Sherry. She's quite a beauty."

A hush fell over the hall as Sherry stepped through the archway. With a tentative smile she proceeded down the makeshift aisle between the rows of tables. A murmur began to rumble as she passed.

"Oh my, isn't she lovely?"

"Frank's done us good!"

"Oh dear me, she's gorgeous!"

Her hands were shaking and she was too nervous to look at the faces of the many people gathered around. She looked ahead, and at the top of the aisle was Frank, dressed in a sharp black tuxedo. He smiled encouragingly, and Sherry's smile widened genuinely. It was a relief to see him standing there, knowing that he would be there beside her for the rest of the evening. She wouldn't have to face these people alone.

Nearing the end, Frank stepped forward and offered his hand to her, which she grasped gratefully. He grinned wildly to the crowd and pulled her close to him, pressing her against him and moving his mouth to cover hers.

She could taste liquor on him as he opened his mouth and probed his tongue into her. Startled, Sherry tried to pull back, but his hand held her head firmly in place. She tried to speak but that was impossible, and as Frank kissed her harder she relented and returned the kiss. His hand moved from her side to her back, and then traced down to her buttocks, which he squeezed firmly. She did try to break away from him, then, squealing. The guests applauded.

"Frank! You can't do that in front of everybody!" she hissed at him when he released her.

Her husband smiled coolly at her, touching a finger to her chin and lifting it so that she looked straight up at him.

"Yes I can, love." He said softly and smiled his most charming smile, brushing his lips against hers softly, gently, then leading her to the head table.

Tears stung at her eyes as the champagne was poured, and she tried unsuccessfully to fight them back. Sherry dabbed at her eyes with her napkin as casually as she could manage, smiling politely at the young man filling the glasses before them.

"Tommy, great to see you!" Frank shook hands with him. "Sherry, this is cousin Tommy, we used to go fishing together every Saturday. How about it, remember that?"

Tommy grinned and nodded, moving on to the next table.

"Tommy's not real quick, but he's a sweet kid. Hey," Frank moved closer to her, lowering his voice. "Don't be like this, Sherry. It's going to be okay."

He looked at her with unabashed sincerity, kissing her cheek and patting her shoulder.

"Sherry, there's a lot I didn't tell you, and of course you're going to find out everything. No matter what you think, know that I love you. I really mean it, I do. I'm so happy that you're my wife, and I'm sure that after the initial adjustments are done with you're going to be very happy here. Okay? Give it a chance."

"Frank, that's not what it's about."

"Yes it is, Sherry. I know exactly what it's about. Just remember this: I'm your husband and I love you, and I wouldn't let anything bad happen to you. You believe that, don't you?"

She sniffed. "Yes, but Frank-"

"Let it go at that for now." He picked up his glass of champagne and drank it quickly, then motioned for her to do the same. "Drink up, Sherry, it's going to be a long night."

There was something strange about his attitude, and Sherry felt distinctly that there was something everybody knew except for her. She wanted to get Frank into a private place to demand that he tell her what was happening, but there was a look about him that told her he didn't expect her to demand anything from him at all. This both angered and intrigued her, as though the man she loved was suddenly a mysterious stranger, exciting but somehow dangerous. She didn't want the champagne anymore, but she drank it anyway. She drank the second glass as well. She drank some of the third.

"Oh look at the happy couple, still sitting here when everyone else is mingling! Frankie, my dear it's time for you to introduce your bride to the family!" Emily's cheeks were flushed with excitement as she tugged at her son's shirt sleeve, pulling him from the chair.

"I think Mom's had too much champagne!" he whispered to Sherry and giggled. He took her hand and pulled her to her feet as well.

The champagne affected her, and she felt pleasantly light-headed as they walked around the the tables.

"Aunt Rita, Uncle Fred, may I present my wife, Sherry."

"Oh, I am so happy for the two of you!"

"Congratulations honey!"

"I can't believe you're the same little Frankie who used to dig in my garden."

"Welcome to the family, dear!"

Kisses and hugs went all around, and the mood was very festive. Sherry felt more easy with the group, the champagne helping her along. She was led from table to table, following the same format each time.

"And this is my third cousin, Jeff. We went all through school together."

Jeff was about Frank's age, and he sat with a young blonde girl, who didn't stand up to greet them until Jeff grabbed her arm and pulled her to her feet.

"This is my wife, Tara."

"Pleased to meet you, Tara!" said Frank cheerfully, and he kissed the girl on the cheek. She seemed to wince away from him. Jeff's eyes narrowed at her and Sherry saw him grab her arm tightly, seeming to squeeze hard. Tara's eyes widened and she suddenly smiled.

"Pleased to meet you, too." She said, though she didn't sound pleased. She sounded quite sullen.

"Give her a hug and a kiss." Frank whispered to Sherry. Sherry looked at him to protest, but the expression on his face frightened her enough that she did as she was told. She thought the girl might have been better off left alone. As she put her lips to the Tara's cheek, she could see from the corner of her eye both Jeff and Frank watching warily. Tara did not move, just stared straight ahead and accepted the kiss. Sherry could hear Jeff talking under his breath.

"Good luck. I am having so much trouble."

"I see, sorry. Well maybe Sherry will help."

"We'll see."

Sherry pulled back and looked into Tara's eyes. Tara didn't seem to see her at first, and when her eyes focused she seemed to realize what was happening for the first time. Her eyes went up and down Sherry's bridal gown, widening madly. "Get out now while you still can!" She said quickly.

"Tara!" Jeff grabbed her arm and pulled her away from the table, the poor girl emitting a stifled squeal.

"Let's go, Sherry, Aunt Mary's waiting to see you."

"Frank what was that about?"

"Never mind it."

"How can I never mind it, that girl looked terrified. What does she mean get out while I can."

"She's ill, sweetie, she doesn't know what she's saying. You can't get out. You don't need to get out. Everything is fine. Don't worry."

"Frank I'm getting scared."

"Don't worry. Everyone loves you."

Somehow it no longer seemed to matter if everyone loved her or not, there was something eerie about the whole thing. Aunt Mary was ancient and tired, and placed a delicate kiss on Sherry's cheek. She was the last guest to meet. Little Emily rushed up to Frank, sweating from dancing during the introductions. She hugged him tightly.

"I'm so glad you're home, Frankie!" she looked up at him adoringly. "and this is my first wedding!"

"You didn't go to Jeff's wedding?"

"No, I was still a month too young." She pouted, momentarily. "Tara was no fun anyway, they tell me. Are we ready to start yet?"

"Shhh, Emily. In a few minutes, okay?"

"Okay!" Emily ran off.

"Start what, Frank?"

"Come here." Frank pulled her towards the dance floor.

"Frank, stop! I want to know now what is going on. This is too strange."

"Come here, and you'll find out." He gripped her arm firmly, hurting her when she tried to pull away. "don't fight me and you won't get hurt." He said calmly.

"Frank I don't like this!" Sherry was again near tears.

"Sshhhhh."

Frank made a gesture towards the band and a slow, romantic tune began to play. He pulled his bride onto the dance floor and rocked her in time with the music. Sherry pressed her head against his chest, not caring if her eye makeup rubbed off onto his crisp white shirt. Her head was spinning from the champagne and excitement. She wanted to get away, but he held her so tightly, and he was so strong, such a comfort to her that the urge began to leave her and she let herself fall in time with the music, until he loosened his grip on her, and she did not try to run. They danced.

123
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonConsent/Reluctance
  • /
  • Closeville Ch. 1

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 21 milliseconds