• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • Samantha, Beth and Me

Samantha, Beth and Me

1234

All of the signs were there; had been for some time, but for various reasons they hadn't registered on me. The biggest reason being my job. My company had been bought out and the new management had come in, reorganized and I was scrambling to re-learn that I thought, up until then, that I had down cold. I concentrated on work and as a result I didn't notice what was going on at home.

The one thing I did notice was that my wife Beth was working late more often than she had been and when I asked about it she explained that she was shooting for a promotion at work.

"I want to make more money Rob. I'm scared right now. You hear all kinds of horror stories about what happens when one company buys out another. You are busting your ass to try and fit into the way the new company operates, but what if they suddenly decide that you aren't doing it fast enough or the way they want it and let you go? The promotion will give us the extra money we will need while you find something else."

It made sense to me so I put it out of my mind.

But I did learn to do my job the new way and I did it well enough to get a promotion out of it. With the job pressures gone my mind was freed up and I began to notice things. Things like phone conversations that ended abruptly when I would come into the room. Things like answering the phone and hearing the other party hang up. Things like Beth still working late and on some Saturdays for a promotion that never seemed to come.

The biggest thing however, was the change in our sex life. It had always been good and we usually made love three or four times a week. That didn't change, but what did change was the way it occurred. Our usual practice had been "anywhere, anytime" the mood grabbed us, but that gradually changed. It wasn't spontaneous anymore, it took on more structure and it was a while before I noticed that it usually happened on the nights Beth worked late and always on Saturdays. Always on a Saturday whether she worked or not. On the Saturdays she didn't work she had a standing lunch/shopping date with her best friend Marci and when she got home she always wanted to make love.

I don't know if I ever would have connected the dots had it not been for a broken beer bottle. It was a Tuesday morning and Tuesday is trash pick-up day in our neighborhood. I usually put the trash out when I leave for work. That particular morning as I was carrying out the trash bags one of the bags broke open and spilled its contents in the driveway. A piece of a broken beer bottle had cut a slit in the bag and the jouncing of my steps as I carried the bag to the curb had caused the hole to enlarge and eventually the trash spilled out.

I went back into the garage and got another trash bag and started picking things up off the driveway. One of the things I picked up was a motel bill from a local motel. It had Beth's name on it and it was from the previous Saturday and it had been paid for with cash. I knelt there staring at the bill in my hand and I started having bad thoughts. Beth must have cleaned out her car and dumped the trash in one of the garbage cans in the garage. No need to be careful about something like that, right? After all, who digs through the garbage?

The conclusion was inescapable - Beth was cheating on me. The question was did I confront her with what I had - just a motel receipt - or did I look for more. I finally decided that I needed something a little more definite than what I had. The next time Beth told me she was working late I drove over to where she worked and found all the lights off and the place locked up tight. The following Saturday she said she was working and I told her I had an early golf date with a couple of the guys I worked with and I left the house. When Beth came out I was down the block and I followed her. She drove to the other side of town and pulled into the parking lot of a Super 8 motel. She pulled up in front of one of the units, got out of her car and went up and knocked on the door, it opened and she went inside.

I settled down to watch and wait and three hours later Beth came out, got in her car and drove off. I sat there and kept my eye on the door to see who would be coming out. It was almost a half hour wait, but then the door opened and Beth's lover came out. I was stunned - it was a woman! My wife was cheating on me with a woman. The woman got in a car and drove off and I sat there staring at the door to that motel unit for another twenty minutes before I shook off the funk I was in and headed home.

On my way home I stopped off at my favorite watering hole and I was sitting at the bar nursing a Black Jack with water back when one of my buddies took the stool next to me. He took one look at me and said:

"Problems hoss? You look like you best bird dog just died."

"Not far from it, not far from it at all."

I told him the story and he shook his head. "Sounds like she was using you to camouflage the fact that she is a carpet muncher."

"What I don't understand is the sex angle. Why is she always wanting to make love to me after she has been with her lover?"

"Guilt man. Either she is feeling guilty over what she has just done and is trying to assuage the guilt or it is more camouflage. She figures if she jumps your bones as soon as she gets home you won't wonder about what she might have been doing while she was out."

Talking about Beth was depressing me so I changed the subject to football, had one more drink and then I headed on home. As I sat and waited for the garage door opener to lift the door I wondered how long she had been using me for cover; how long had she played me for a fool. I walked into the house and into the kitchen. Beth was at the sink when I came into the room and she came to me, threw her arms around me and tried to kiss me, but I turned my head away from her. She stepped back from me and said:

"What's the matter baby?"

"I don't know Beth; why don't you tell me."

"Tell you what Rob?"

"Tell me all about what you did this morning."

"You know what I did Rob, I worked."

"Then why weren't you there when I came by to take you to lunch?"

"We finished early and I called Marci and met her for lunch and then we did some shopping."

"You and Marci always have lunch and shop at the Super 8 Motel over on Montrose? And how come you never told me that Marci had undergone radical plastic surgery? I didn't even recognize her when she came out of that motel room."

The color drained out of Beth's face when I mentioned the Super 8. I walked by her and went down the stairs into the basement, grabbed a couple of suitcases and then carried them upstairs and put them on the bed. Beth came into the room and saw me taking clothes out of the closet.

"What are you doing Rob?"

"Packing."

"No, no no no Rob, we have to talk."

"No we don't Beth. I saw all I needed to see today and what I saw told me all that I needed to know. You have been cheating on me and I caught you. We are done. History. Over."

"Please Rob, you have to let me....."

"Get out of here Beth. Get out of here and get away from me before I do something I'll regret. Just take your lesbian ass out of here. The sight of you is making me sick to my stomach."

"No Rob, we are going to ta....."

I spun around, grabbed her and pulled her to the front door. I opened it, pushed her outside and closed and locked the door behind her. Then I went through the house and made sure all the doors and windows were locked. Her purse was on the kitchen counter so she didn't have keys to get back in. I heard her beating on the door and demanding to be let back in, but I ignored her as I packed all my stuff and moved it out into the garage and loaded my car. I would have to leave the big stuff like my tool box and compressor, but I could come back in a couple of days and get them when Beth was at work.

When I was loaded and ready to go I went to the front door and opened it so Beth could come in. Not because I wanted to say anything, but because I didn't want her laying down in the driveway or doing some other stupid thing like that to keep me from leaving. She came in madder than a wet hen.

"Damn it Rob, you can't do this without at least talking to me."

"All right then, go sit in the living room. I'll wash my hands and then give you a couple of minutes to tell your lies."

She started to say something, thought better of it and went into the living room. I turned on the water in the kitchen sink to cover the sound of me going out the connecting door into the garage and was halfway down the driveway before she came running out onto the front door and onto the porch. In the rearview I watched her watch me drive away.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

I checked into a motel and the next day I started apartment hunting. I found one that I liked, filled out the paperwork and put down a deposit. I wouldn't be able to move in until they ran a credit check and checked my references. I figured that Tuesday would be move in day. Monday morning I did all the stuff with bank accounts and credit cards; called a few people I knew for a recommendation on a divorce attorney, called one and made an appointment for Wednesday. I had a dozen calls from Beth and I didn't take them or return them.

Tuesday brought another dozen or so calls from Beth which I again refused to take. I got a call from the apartment manager telling me that everything had checked out and I could stop by and pick up the key. There were only a half dozen calls from Beth on Wednesday, but I started hearing from friends and relatives who all wanted to put their two-cents worth in. I was over-reacting. I was being cruel in not sitting down with Beth and talking things out. It was all just a misunderstanding that could be cleared up if I would just sit down and talk with Beth. We were obviously meant to be together; just talk it out and you can get by it. And on, and on and on.

The attorney wasn't at all helpful. We lived in a no fault state and everything would end up being split fifty/fifty and I had no problem with that. I would end up paying court costs and I had expected that. The bad news was that if Beth chose to get an attorney and fight, things could drag out for months and legal fees would start to mount and I would probably end up having to pay Beth's attorney's fees. I told him to go ahead and that we would just have to see what happened.

I decided that my best move would be to tell Beth in no uncertain terms that it was over and to leave me alone. I took her first call on Thursday and went straight at it.

"Beth, I do not want to talk with you. I don't need or want to hear what you have to say. There is no excuse for cheating. It doesn't matter if it is with another man, another woman or a Great Dane; sex with anyone other than your spouse is cheating and cheating is something I will not accept. So we have nothing to talk about. I have seen an attorney and started divorce proceedings and I would appreciate it if you would just leave me alone. Goodbye."

She was served, she didn't contest it and six months later the final decree was issued. To do the fifty/split of assets the house would have to be sold so I cut a deal and bought out Beth's half, refinanced the house and got on with my life.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Our town wasn't all that big and over the next six months I saw Beth a dozen or so times at stores and restaurants and the like. The first couple of times I just ignored her or turned and walked the other way. Gradually the bitterness faded and a couple of times I caught myself smiling at her. She noticed and smiled back. Another month went by and one day we saw each other at the mall and she waved at me and I caught myself just as I was going to raise my arm and wave back. I couldn't do it. She might take it as a thawing of sorts and make her think she could approach me and start a conversation and that would not be a good thing. I needed to keep her away from me. Why? Because I loved her. Leaving her and divorcing her were the hardest things I ever had to do in my life. But she cheated and to me cheating was the worst sin imaginable. It was the one thing I could never forgive. I could not, just could not get by that.

Another six months went by during which time I started dating again and I eventually found the girl I wanted. She wanted the same thing as I did - a relationship with no strings. All I wanted was some one I could go out with, have fun with and enjoy sex with and not have to worry about rings, wedding bells and the like. On our third date Sam (short for Samantha) said:

"I like you Rob. You are a good looking guy and a fun date, but I'll warn you ahead of time that all I'm interested in is a "friends with benefits" relationship."

"So basically, what you are telling me is that you want me as a part time fuck toy?"

"Exactly."

"Well, tell me this; while we are in this friends with benefits relationship will I be exclusive, or will you have other friends who have benefits?"

"You will be my only male friend with benefits."

"What does that mean?"

"What it means sweetie is that I am bi-sexual and I have a female friend who has benefits. When I'm not with you I will be with a hot little redhead named Gail. Will that be a problem?"

"I don't know. How exclusive is the redhead?"

"What do you mean?"

"Don't take this wrong, but in this day and age disease is a very big thing. Do I need to worry about what Gail might contribute to the relationship?"

"Oh no sweetie, I have the same worries and I am very careful. You will be my only male friend with benefits and Gail my only female one. As far as Gail picking up something I would very much doubt it. Gail is a stone ass lesbian and she would kill herself before letting a man touch her."

"What about getting something from another woman?"

"Not to worry sweetie; Gail is monogamous. She is faithful to me, God only knows why, since I have told her over and over that all I want with her is a friend with benefits relationship. She thinks she can break me of my disgusting habit of having sex with men. I keep telling her the Sun will explode before that happens. What is that?"

"What is what?"

"That look. You looked like you were going to say something and then didn't think you should."

"It is just that I don't understand the bi-sexual thing. All you can get from a woman is fingers and a mouth. You can get that from a man plus everything else a man has to offer."

"No I can't."

"No you can't what?"

"Get from a man what I can get from a woman. Even a man who likes going down on a girl and who does it enthusiastically can not do it as well as another woman. A woman knows instinctively what to do, where to touch and how hard or how light. A woman seems to be able to sense when the partner she is working on is getting close and what to do to make it last. And the one thing a woman does not do is stop when she just can't wait any longer to shove her cock into the pussy she was working on. So, is this going to be a problem?"

"No, not unless you try to get me and Gail into bed with you at the same time."

That got a huge laugh and a "God, but wouldn't I love to see that."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sam and I were three months into our relationship when she drug me to a party with her one night. We were having a good time and about two hours into the party I heard her say:

"Oh my God!"

"What?"

"That gorgeous creature who just walked in. Gail would be history in a heartbeat if I could hook up with that."

I turned and saw Beth standing just inside the door and looking around. She saw me and smiled and I turned back to Sam. I don't know why I did it, what I should have done was head for the back door and get out of there, but what I did was say:

"It shouldn't be too hard. She also favors girls."

"You know her?"

"Yes."

"Well don't just stand there; take me over there and introduce me."

"No thanks. Look, I understand that I have to share you, but I won't be a party to setting you up with who I have to share you with."

"You sure she likes girls?"

"Positive."

"Okay then, I'll handle it."

"Should I stick around, or will you be leaving with someone else?"

"Don't be a spoil-sport sweetie. We have a good thing going so let's not be getting possessive or jealous. I came with you and I'll leave with you, but depending on how things go I may not spend a whole lot of time with you between now and when we leave. Wish me luck" and she headed for Beth.

I shrugged my shoulders and then walked my empty cup over to the keg and got a refill. Then, making sure that I avoided that part of the room where Beth and Sam were I circulated and socialized with the few people there that I knew.

Maybe half an hour went by and then Sam came up to me and said, "You could have told me."

"Why? It's history; it doesn't matter any more."

"Maybe not to you, but it does to her."

"I take it you didn't score?"

"I might have, but it depends on you."

"On me? Why would it depend on me?"

"She says she will have dinner with me if I can get you to sit down with her for just fifteen minutes."

"Oh no, forget it Sam. It is behind me and I want to leave it there."

"Oh come on Rob. She says you have been divorced for over a year. Make me happy and give the girl her fifteen minutes. It can't hurt and I'll treat you really, really nice when we get back to my apartment."

Call me weak, but I had a good thing going with Sam and I didn't want to see it messed up. Sam was obviously hung up on Beth and I didn't know if she would be pissed if I cost her a chance at Beth or not. I took one last shot at trying to avoid talking to Beth.

"Why would we want to complicate what we have going for us by adding my ex-wife to the mix. Don't you realize how awkward that is going to be for me?"

"No I don't because it shouldn't. We have been going out with each other for over three months now and have you ever seen Gail? No you haven't. I keep the two of you separate and I would be the same with your ex. Come on Rob, give the poor girl closure and help me out at the same time."

"Sam. It will end badly for us and that will be twice that Beth has fucked up my life."

"Rob sweetie, I promise you I won't let anything happen. Trust me on this one, please?"

Against my better judgment I told Sam to have Beth call me and we would set up a meeting.

"Do it now baby; do it now and get it over with. If you wait until tomorrow it will just give you more time to think up reasons not to do it."

"Come on Sam; this is a party for Christ's sake. We are here to enjoy ourselves, have a good time, and not re-hash old personal problems."

"There is a Denny's two blocks away. Meet her there for coffee, give her the fifteen minutes she wants and then come on back here and party. You go on over to the restaurant and get a booth. I'll go find her and send her there."

Again, I did not want to do it, but I did want to keep what I had going with Sam so I told her to go ahead and find Beth.

+++++++++++++++++++++

I was sitting in the booth when she walked in the door. I had the same reaction that I had every time I saw her; the same reaction San had had, "Oh my God, what a gorgeous woman."

She walked over and slid into the booth across from me. "Hello Rob."

"Beth."

"How have you been?"

"Good. You?"

"I've been better. I have to admit I am surprised that you agreed to talk to me."

"Sam can be very persuasive when she wants to be."

"That surprises me too; that you would hook up with someone who is what you divorced me over."

"What does that mean?"

"You called me a lesbian and then walked out on me and here you are hooked up with a girl lover."

"I did not divorce you because you were a lesbian. I divorced you because you cheated on me."

1234
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • Samantha, Beth and Me

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 10 milliseconds