• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • The Grass on the Other Side

The Grass on the Other Side

I guess from what I've heard and read that my situation was not at all unique. I'd been married to Howard for fifteen years and things had reached a point where things just seemed to be going on because of inertia. Howie and I still made love, but it was more like we did it because it was a duty we owed each other.

I couldn't remember the last time I pulled him into the bedroom because I wanted him nor could I remember the last time he came after me with any great degree of passion. The affection was still there. I loved cuddling up to Howie in the morning and I usually fell asleep at night snuggled up next to him. I guess the best way to describe our marriage was that we were comfortable with each other, but the passion was gone.

I don't even remember when I first looked at another man and wondered what it would be like to be with him. Would there be the passion that I no longer experienced in my marriage? That's all I did; wonder about it. I was still a pretty good looking woman and I did have plenty of chances to act on my curiosity, but I always passed.

I stopped occasionally for drinks with my co-workers and I had some passes made at me, but I always treated it as flirting and the most outrageous I ever got was kissing some of the guys if they caught me under the mistletoe at the company Christmas party. Well, that isn't exactly true. The most outrageous thing I ever did happened at a pool party at the boss's house. I was in the pool and Paul Baxter from Accounts Receivable kept dunking me and grabbing at my breasts. I finally had enough and I grabbed his penis through his swimming trunks and squeezed as hard as I could. I expected him to react by saying something like, "Ow! That hurts" but what he did was moan and say:

"Yes, oh God yes. Don't let go, please don't let go."

I turned him loose and fled the pool and then did my best to avoid him until he transferred to another office four months later.

++++++++++++++

I suppose that I would have gone through the rest of my life just looking and being curious had I not been promoted to office manager. I'd been in the position for three months when the company decided to send me to a three day seminar in Detroit. The first day covered the current "hot button" topic – sexual harassment. What constituted sexual harassment, how to deal with it and yadda, yadda, yadda.

There was a cocktail party that evening so you could meet others, socialize, exchange thoughts and ideas and network. I was getting a vodka tonic from the bar when I noticed him looking at me. Not just looking in my general direction, but looking at me. Several times during the evening when I looked in his direction I saw him looking at me.

Tall, handsome in a rugged way and at least ten years younger than me. I was at the bar getting another V and T (my third of the evening) when he came up to me and introduced himself. His name was Todd and he was a supervisor at a paper products manufacturing company located about four hours from where I lived. He said he had seen what he thought was a negative response cross my face when I was listening to one of the speakers and he wondered about it. As a woman in the work place he would have expected me to be one hundred percent behind the big push to make the work place friendlier to woman.

I had to laugh at that. I told him my position on the subject was a simple one. Human nature wasn't going to change just because a few upset people managed to get a bunch of rules changed or made and put into place. Yes, there were some things that needed to be corrected and some behaviors that were not acceptable, but on the whole I thought the entire idea of sexual harassment in the work place had been blown way out of proportion.

He laughed and said he couldn't agree with me more. He said that it seemed like the powers that be were determined to stamp out common sense in the work place. We talked about a few other things and then he asked me where my husband was and when I told him that Howie hadn't come with me I braced myself for the pass I expected. He surprised me by saying that it was too bad that the two of us (Howie and me) weren't able to enjoy a company paid mini-vacation. I asked where his wife was (I'd seen the ring) and he told me that she worked and couldn't get the three days off.

The cocktail party was starting to break up and he told me that he didn't feel like going up to his room and watching TV so he was going to hit the hotel lounge for a couple of drinks and then he asked me if I would care to join him. I didn't want to go sit in my room either and I knew that if he was hoping to score it wasn't going to happen so I said yes.

The lounge had live music and before we were halfway through our first drink Todd asked me to dance. He held me close, but not too close and we stayed out on the floor for three numbers. Then it was more talk, another drink and a couple of more dances. We were on our third drink when I started asking myself what was wrong with me? Todd was a perfect gentleman and didn't attempt anything even remotely like a pass. Didn't he think I was attractive? Wasn't I at least worth a 'soft' pass? I wasn't going to "play" but he didn't know that. He had to know that I found him to be a very attractive man even though he had no way of knowing that I wondered what he would be like much the same as I had wondered about other men.

By the time were on our third tour of the dance floor I found myself wishing that he would make a pass at me. I would let him down gently of course. But I was at the point where I needed to know that he found me attractive. Silly of me I guess, but I was upset that an attractive man didn't seem to think that I was worth his effort. But as much as I hoped for a sign from him it never came.

When it was time to leave he offered to walk me to my room and I just knew that if I said yes he would make his move when we reached the door of my room. I was trying to make up my mind whether to let him kiss me when he tried before gently pushing him away or to hold him off. I opted for letting him kiss me. Again, it was for a stupid reason – it would be the sign I needed that he did indeed find me attractive.

When we reached my door I had already rehearsed in my mind my gentle rejection. I took my key card out of my purse and turned toward him expecting him to bend down and try to kiss me. He smiled at me, told me that he had enjoyed my company and then he wished me goodnight and walked away. I started at his back as he walked away and again wondered what was wrong with me that he wouldn't even try for a goodnight kiss.

++++++++++++++

The next morning when I entered the hotel restaurant I saw him sitting in a booth and he looked up, saw me and waved me over to join him. We made general conversation as we had breakfast and then we attended that day's session. During that session they split us up into 'discussion groups' and Todd and I were in different groups.

When we broke for lunch he invited me to join him and his group for lunch. There were seven of us around a large table and as we ate we critiqued the seminar to date and all pretty much decided that it was a waste of time and money. The afternoon didn't get any better and when the session ended Todd asked me to join him for dinner and then maybe some drinks and dancing in the lounge after. I told him I wasn't feeling well and that I was going to turn in early. The truth was that I really didn't want to go to my room and no nothing but jump channels, but I wasn't up for another night of rejection and self doubt. To me it seemed like the only way my ego was going to get the stroking it seemed to want would be for me to flat out ask Todd to come up to my room and do me and that was never going to happen.

I skipped breakfast the next morning so I could avoid running into Todd and since the days session was going to end early to give the attendees an early start home there was no lunch break. I didn't get to talk with Todd again before I left. The crowning touch was that when I got home Howie acted like he didn't even know I was gone and even though I didn't realize it at the time, a seed had been planted.

+++++++++++++++++

Three weeks after the seminar I got a phone call at the office from Todd. After exchanging pleasantries he told me he had called because he had a problem with a couple of employees and he wanted a woman's perspective on things. We talked a while and I gave him my input and he thanked me and that was the start of it.

For the next two months we exchanged phone calls on the average of one a week as we talked shop and shared opinions on things that were going on in our work places. One morning I got a call from him and he asked me if I had plans for lunch. It turned out that he was in town to visit a supplier.

I met him and we talked as we ate and when the meal was over and it was time to leave he reached over the table, took both of my hands in his and told me that he had a confession to make. He told me that while he really did value my advice the real reason he called me was just to hear the sound of my voice. He told me that he had felt an instant attraction to me at the seminar and it had been all he could do to make himself behave like a gentleman. I smiled at him and told him that I appreciated the fact that he had been a gentleman because I hadn't been all that sure that I would have been able to resist his advances if he had made any. That wasn't true of course, but he didn't know that and besides, I felt that I owed him a little for his stroking my ego. Lunch over I went back to work and Todd headed out on his drive home. For the rest of that day and occasionally over the next two weeks I wondered what it would have been like with him.

His next call came two weeks after our lunch date and he wanted my perspective on a problem involving a female employee. I chuckled and asked if he was really having a problem or was it that he just wanted to hear the sound of my voice again. He admitted that he already knew what he was going to do with the employee and yes, he did want to hear the sound of my voice. I told him that I liked hearing from him and that he could call me any time even if it was only to talk about the weather.

++++++++++++++++++

For the next two months we talked with each other on the average of three times a week and somewhere along the line we started flirting with each other. Our talks had a lot of sexual innuendo and once he even told me that he wished I was sitting there on his lap. I laughed and told him that he should be careful of what he wished for or someday it might happen and I wouldn't want to be responsible for hurting him. He laughed and asked me what I meant and I told him that he might have a hard time walking when I got through with him.

He called me two days after that phone call. It was on a Friday and he told me that he had to go to XXXXXX for the weekend. XXXXXX was halfway between where he lived and where I lived and I mentioned that I had been there several times to visit an antique shop. He said that I should drive over and visit the shop and we could have lunch together. Then he said I could even sit on his lap if I wanted to.

All of a sudden it wasn't 'cutesie-pooh' flirting any more and we both knew it.

Had the conversation happened at any other time it probably would have gone nowhere, but a couple of things were going on in my life at that time that made me seriously consider what Todd was asking me to do. For one, I was still a little pissed at Howie over the way he had behaved when I'd come home from the seminar. For another, I had tried three times in the past five days to get Howie to make love to me and all three times he put me off with some feeble excuse or another. I was sitting there silently fighting an internal battle with myself – half of me saying go and the other half saying don't be silly – when Todd said that he would be a perfect gentleman same as last time. The way he said it tripped a switch somewhere in my brain and I told him that behaving like a gentleman would be the last thing I would want.

I told him that I would meet him.

We made arrangements to meet at a restaurant that was close to the antique shop I usually visited. That night I told Howie I was going antique shopping the next day and he said he would be playing golf. His indifference toward me when I told him what I was going to do just stiffened my resolve.

It was an hour and a half drive to XXXXXX and twice Todd called my cell phone to reassure himself that I was really coming. Both times I told him I was on the way, but when I reached the XXXXXX city limits sign I pulled over and did some deep soul searching. Did I really want to do it? I could still turn around and go back. I had just about talked myself into going back home when my cell phone rang. It was Howie calling to tell me that he wouldn't be home until late. He was going out for dinner and drinks with his buddies and then they were going to play some poker. That really upset me. I couldn't remember the last time he had taken me out for dinner and drinks and I told him that. He said he knew he shouldn't have called me, that he knew I'd get my panties in a twist and then he hung up on me. I started at my cell for several very long moments and then I turned it off and mentally said, "Fuck you Howard" as I put it in the glove box.

I met Todd at the restaurant and after coffee and a piece of apple pie he asked me if I was ready to do some antique shopping. I told him that I hadn't driven an hour and a half for antiques, that I had planned on some serious lap sitting.

He opened the motel room door and stepped back to let me go in and as soon as the door closed I turned, put my arms around his neck and slipped my tongue into his mouth. I felt his hands on my breasts and I leaned into them. I felt his erection pushing against my leg and I broke away from him and started undressing. He just stood there and watched me until I was down to my bra and panties and I could see the appreciation and desire in his eyes. Then he seemed to realize that he was wasting time and he hurriedly started stripping. I waited for him and when he was naked I took him by the hand and led him to the bed.

He sat me down on the edge of the bed, gently pushed my legs apart, knelt in front of me and did something that Howie had not done in years – Todd started eating my pussy. His tongue parted my folds and he found my clitoris and went to work on it. I laid back on the bed to give him better access. His hands reached for my breasts and he tugged on my nipples and rolled them between his fingers. His mouth had me on the edge of a climax, but I couldn't quite get there so I pulled him up and pulled my knees back.

Todd was a little smaller than Howie, both in length and girth, but it still felt good as he pushed his penis into me. It took maybe two minutes to give me my orgasm and I clung to him as he worked for his own.

After he came and as we rested in each others arms a feeling of sadness came over me. Maybe not sadness, but disappointment. After all my wondering, after all my curiosity about what it would be like with another man, it was no different with Todd than it had been with Howie. I did enjoy it, but outside of Todd going down on me it could have just as easily been Howie. It was a real let down.

I felt Todd's penis twitch against my leg and I reached down and fondled it. I mean, disappointing or not, we were there, we were naked and I had driven over a hundred miles for it so I slid down and took Todd in my mouth. When he was hard we did it again. After cumming I was lying there staring up at the ceiling and wondering how I had let myself get into such a situation when Todd went down on me again. Howard had never done that – gone down on me after cumming in me – but Todd didn't seem to care. He licked and sucked my pussy until I moaned and then he moved up and we did it a third time.

I looked at my watch and told Todd that I had to leave. Why I did that I don't know since Howard would be out drinking and playing poker, but for some reason I wanted to get home. I got in the shower and was soaping up the rag when Todd slid the shower curtain back and got in the shower with me. He took the rag from me and used it to scrub my back and a minute later he had me leaning forward against the wall while he took me from behind. He gave me an orgasm and then came in me and then we soaped up each other which gave Todd another erection. He carried me, dripping wet, to the bed and did me for the fifth time. I didn't climax and it took him a long time before he did.

Then I told him that I really, really did have to get going and I got up and dried myself off and started dressing. As I dressed we talked and Todd asked me if we could do it again and I told him that we would see. We kissed and then I was in my car and heading home. As I drove I thought about what I had just done. I had cheated on my husband. I had cheated on him knowingly and – I admitted to myself – to spite Howard for his lack of attention. It wasn't as Earth shaking as I had expected it to be, but then neither had it been an empty gesture. Todd had given me several very good orgasms the five times he did me which, by the way, was three more than Howard had given me at any one time and Todd had eaten my pussy – twice! But as much as I had enjoyed the orgasms the sex itself was still no better that what I got from Howard. By the time I got home I knew the answer to Todd's question. No. We would not be doing it again.

++++++++++++++++++++

Todd and I stayed in touch, but the intervals between phone calls got longer and longer and then they just stopped. I think he was feeling as guilty over cheating on his wife as I was feeling for cheating on Howard.

I no longer looked at other men and wondered what they would be like.

What I did was sit Howard down and give him an ultimatum. Basically I told him to "use me or lose me." I told him I wanted a sex life and that if he wasn't interested in giving it to me I would get a divorce and go looking for some one who would. That pretty much shook him up and he must have decided that keeping me happy would be less of a hassle than going through a divorce. Cheaper too. He stepped up and answered the call and our love life is back up to two and three times a week and one or two of those times it will usually be twice. Howard loves blow jobs and I told him he can have all he wants as long as he reciprocates and he has answered the call there also. He is sending me flowers at work and doing all the romantic things he used to do.

For my part I've acquired an entire drawer full of sexy lingerie that I model for him and there are nights when he comes home from work to find me waiting for him in nothing but "come fuck me" pumps and a smile.

I could have done all these things before Todd and probably have achieved the same result and I have no idea why I didn't. In a way I'm glad I had my little fling with Todd because it showed me that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence and that instead of climbing that fence I should have been watering and fertilizing the grass I had.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • The Grass on the Other Side

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 27 milliseconds