• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • Black Canadians: Truths And Lies

Black Canadians: Truths And Lies

These days, I feel so damn tired of all the crap I've got to deal with. Life in Canada sucks, man. Brother Samuel here. I'm here for Grad School at Carleton University, having left my beloved city of Brockton, Massachusetts, far behind. I can't stand the city of Ottawa, Ontario. The capital of Canada is as small as the minds of the men and women who inhabit it. If you think Americans are bigoted, wait till you meet Canadians.

I feel that Canada is one of the most racist countries on the planet. They claim to be an open, multicultural society but racism is alive and well here. Every Canadian I meet seems to a fake-grinning, fake-smiling idiot with bigotry deep inside his or her heart. Oh, and they're all like that. Whether they're Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, Arabic or Aboriginal. This land is the land of hypocrites. I just got here and I can't wait to leave.

Black Canadians are quite possibly the most insufferable bunch of all. As a Black man, I'm ashamed to be genetically related to them. In America, there is a lot of racism but the African-American community fights it as best it can. The NAACP tirelessly works to address issues of racial profiling, disparate sentencing based on race in court, inequalities in employment and education. Oh, yeah. In America, Black folks don't take stuff lying down. Black Canadians are the first to deny that racism exists in lily-White Canada.

And I can't stand them for it. Living in Ottawa for just a few months, I've encountered more bigots than I would during a year in the city of Brockton. It seems that in Canada, the bigots are more common and more casual. They walk around saying negative stuff about ethnic minorities with a smile on their face and nobody calls them on it. When I confront them about their bigotry, the local White people are always surprised. I don't think Black folks in Canada ever speak up for their rights. They love to bow. It makes sense, since most of them are completely spineless.

Black women in Canada mystify me most of all. Growing up in the United States of America, I'm used to Black women who are proud, strong and outspoken. The Black women of Canada are meek and docile. Picture this, if you will. I was on a bus and there were three young Black women sitting next to me, talking. I didn't know them and they didn't know me. They were just sitting there, talking among themselves. A White woman sat near them, and for some reason she felt the urge to say that the city of Ottawa looked better without so many minorities in it. I stared at her, stunned. Did the three young Black women sitting near the bigoted White woman say anything? Hell no!

I looked the White woman in the eye and called her a bigot. She stared at me, stunned. I shrugged and squared my shoulders. I am not scared of anyone. Hell, I'm a big and tall, openly bisexual Black man from the city of Brockton, Massachusetts. I'm used to dealing with gunmen, homophobic bastards, racist cops and terrible gangs. I am not scared of some fat White chick who thinks she's all that because she was born in Hockey Land. The White woman mumbled something and left the bus. I scoffed. Such a bitch. Everyone on the bus kept staring at me. What in Hell are they looking at?

Lately, I've been feeling sick. Mainly due to the terrible things I see happening in the city of Ottawa. What bothers me is that the blatant racism I see here doesn't seem to bother anyone else. The Black folks I meet don't seem bothered by racist comments made by White men and White women. They don't seem to notice. In fact, I'm looked at in a funny manner because I bring up that kind of stuff. Damn. I guess I'm the only person of color in all of Canada who will not bow to the bigots. I mean, this shit is scary. People of color in Canada are starting to remind me of what docile Black folks must have been like during the racist regime of Apartheid in the Republic of South Africa. They see nothing wrong with the racism they face every day.

In fact, they pretend it doesn't exist. They're so quick to proclaim Canada as a bastion of multiculturalism and openness. What a load of bullshit. I call them like I see them. White men and White women in Canada are bigoted. I know what they are. I've dealt with the likes of them for half my life. I just wish I knew how they brainwashed every non-White person in Canada into being a submissive twit who thinks of Canada as a perfect land where racism, bigotry and discrimination don't exist and every White person is seen as a saint.

I'm at Carleton University right now, supposedly the most diverse school here. Whatever. Yeah, I see quite a few Africans, Asians, Hispanics and Arabs here. However, that doesn't mean anything. In Canada, the diversity in institutions is just for show. Every little group seems to hang out with its own. Ottawa is a city full of contradictions. In this town, I've run into more racist White folks than I did in the Old South of the U.S. I mean, White folks in the American cities of Atlanta, Dallas, Memphis and Houston were a lot friendlier than the denizens of the Canadian city of Ottawa. I guess the weather isn't the only cold thing in Canada. I don't know how to deal with these people, folks. Seriously. In America, the bigots are there, and they're not afraid to show their faces. Those who oppose them, people of color, aren't afraid to take them on. In Canada, nobody talks about racism and everyone pretends it doesn't exist. I feel like this is a world gone mad.

I mean, I just wish people around here would be honest about themselves. I wish Black men and Black women in Canada would admit to themselves that racism exists and take steps to fighting it. I know that people of color only make up a little more than nearly twenty percent in all of Canada. That doesn't mean they should walk around with their heads down. They are human beings too, worthy of respect.

It's tougher for them up there than in America, where people of color will soon outnumber White men and White women. Canada remains a lily-White country. Now, that's slowly changing due to millions of Africans, Asians, Arabs and Hispanics immigrating to Canada every year. The big Canadian cities of Toronto and Vancouver have non-White majorities. Not unlike Atlanta and Detroit in the United States. Now, people of color are the only force in Canada which contributes to the nation's demographic and economic growth. Why not unite and fight for their rights? I want to see Africans, Arabs, Asians and Hispanics graduating from the big Canadian universities in large numbers.

I want to see them taking on the workforce and rising to important positions. I want them to fight for their rights. Is it so hard for them to stand up for themselves? What do they think the White folks of Canada can do to them? White Canadians are the most spineless bigots in the world. When I confront a bigot in Texas or Massachusetts, I know he or she might come after me. In Canada, I know that most of the time, they won't risk a fight. No reason to fear them. Take them on!

I think I know why people of color don't challenge the somewhat hidden racism of White people in Canada. Most of them are immigrants, and they're still buying into the mythology that White men and White women are invincible. In America, Black men and Black women are taught that White men and White women aren't invincible. They're ruthless, and bigoted, and vicious, but not invincible. On a level playing field, people of color in America routinely take on and defeat White folks.

In the State of Massachusetts, Deval Patrick defeated some wealthy White men and wealthy White women to become our State's first African-American Governor. Barack Obama defeated the most powerful coalition of rich White men and women ever assembled to become our Nation's first African-American President. New York City, one of the biggest cities in the world, has had a Black Mayor. In Atlanta, White men and White women know that the Mayor's Office won't be theirs for quite some time.

Why? The city of Atlanta has had a Black Mayor elected during every election since the 1970s. In America, people of color have power. We don't bow down to White people. And we will soon outnumber them. Then we can do whatever we like. I mean, we have sixty colleges and universities founded by Black people for Black people. And they're still running, with mostly Black student bodies. At the same time, scores of students of color are attending the big White private schools. We keep what's ours, and take some of what's theirs too. Isn't it cool?

And it's not just in the United States of America that we've proven that White folks aren't invincible. In the Republic of South Africa, Black men and Black women were mistreated and oppressed by White people for centuries. In the twentieth century, the racist regime of Apartheid was brought down by a coalition of Black men and Black women from around the world, and their multiracial allies. Twenty years later, the situation has changed for the better.

For centuries, White men and White women in South Africa enjoyed unlimited wealth and power. Now, they're broke and disempowered. South Africa's Black men and Black women have enacted Affirmative Action policies giving Black folks access to education, and they're maximizing their true potential. Black folks in South Africa are studying medicine, engineering and mathematics at their nation's universities rather than living menial lives. They're preparing themselves for a better tomorrow. They're learning to be leaders rather than followers.

And the racist White folks who benefited from the evils of Apartheid got the shaft under these new policies. They're wearing rags, and they're broke and unemployed. Exactly what they deserve for mistreating South Africa's Black people for centuries and making them feel inferior in their own homeland. People of color worldwide are gaining new power by utilizing the economics of their homelands and growing in numbers. Worldwide, the White population is dropping rapidly due to infertility, something they don't discuss out loud. The universe is such a funny place. What goes around truly comes around.

Look, I just wanted to let people of color in Canada know that I feel for them. They're not alone. It seems that Canadians are all a bunch of bigots and hypocrites. Fake smiles hiding enough racism and bigotry to choke Satan himself. That's a damn shame. Because in America, we're moving past the awful and disturbing racial bullshit...slowly. People of color in Canada can't just keep their heads down and hope that White folks will come to their senses and respect them. In the United States of America, people of color earned respect by beating the racists at their own games.

We did this by attending the big universities, storming the work force and buying up houses in large numbers in the most lily-White towns ever. We ran for office. From the School Board Presidency to City Council, the Mayor's Office, the Governor's Office and finally the Office of the President of the United States itself. Fight the forces of racism and discrimination. Fight the forces of White Privilege and entitlement. Stick up for yourself. Don't surrender. No one is invincible. And let no one make you feel inferior because you're different from the Powers That Be. Someday, you're going to be the Powers That Be. Keep your head up. Peace.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • Black Canadians: Truths And Lies

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 35 milliseconds