• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Reviews & Essays
  • /
  • Review of 'The Claiming of Sleeping

Review of 'The Claiming of Sleeping

Everyone knows the tale of 'Sleeping Beauty' the princess cursed by a slighted witch. She was to prick her finger on a spinning needle and fall into a deep sleep only to be rescued by Prince Charming's kiss.

In 1983, Anne Rice writing as A. N. Roquelaure wrote a version of Sleeping Beauty turning the fairy tale into an adventure of bondage and humiliation. While searching through my bookshelves a while ago I came across my copies of Ms. Rice's work. Dusty and yellowed with age I picked up the long forgotten tomes for a thoroughly enjoyable reread. On a personal note, when I first read the trilogy of Sleeping Beauty it opened my eyes to the sexual thrill of humiliation. I had long held fantasies along these lines but was naive enough to think I was the only soul to think this way. This book not only opened my eyes to another world it allowed my psyche to take in unknown humiliations.

I understand reviewing a book written almost thirty years ago is something strange to try to undertake but after a fresh reading, I think it deserves to be back in the public forum again. The first thing I noticed was that it was written by Anne Rice and I realized when I first read the series I had no idea who she was. It was in later years I read the Lestat novels and became a fan of all her works. It reminded me of watching an old movie and seeing some star playing a bit part before they were discovered.

In this version of the tale, Beauty, asleep for one hundred years is awakened by the prince but not by a kiss. Beauty is brought back from the sleep by the prince deflowering her. After he has had his way with her and the castle is awake, he takes Beauty as his complete and total slave for his reward. With her hands clasped behind her back, she is marched naked before her parents and their court as he takes her to his kingdom.

His mother the queen rules her kingdom and all it inhabitants are nothing more than sexual slaves to her. Her castle is full of princes and princess being taught to be subservient. Beauty meets and falls in love with a prince who struggles to keep his dignity. She watches as he endures further and further humiliations at the hands of the queen and her minions. At last, his will is broken and he submits, telling Beauty that each new humiliation they are put through is only terrible because it is new and once they are accustomed to it they will realize it is not so bad. Poor Beauty although she has seen her love broken and sent away she will not bend and in the end she too is sent away for further training.

For a person who fantasizes about bondage and humiliation this book is as erotic as they come. The pages are filled with rape and degradation always in front of witnesses as privacy is not allowed. People are ridden as horses with large horse tailed dildoes inserted in their rectums. They are beaten and flayed, hung by their genitals with unknown irritants inserted in their bowels and vaginas. Few survive if they are chosen to serve the queen for an evening of her pleasure as her enormous appetite not only depletes the servants strength but also their life's breath. Yet the story is told not with titillation but as say, a documentary on a working farm. It was while reading the book that I found that the male testicles reproduce sperm at an amazing rate, as I could not keep my hands off myself as I read.

I cannot imagine many people wishing they could live the life of Beauty and her lover Prince Alexi but I bet there are a few. As for myself, I'm far too much of a coward to desire anything such as what Beauty went through. However, in the fantasy world of mine it is a gold mine of erotic thoughts and ideas. As a person who can't come out of the humiliation closet even enough to admit to my wife my desires, you can imagine the huge rush I get from reading about other people who have to face that of which I can only dream.

If you are a person who enjoys tales of torture, subjugation and total humiliation I heartily recommend the whole trilogy. Even if you read it years ago as I did, if you enjoyed it back then it is really worth another reading. I would also like to thank Anne Rice for all the pleasure she has given me. I know she has had a tough life but she has never let it affect her art.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Reviews & Essays
  • /
  • Review of 'The Claiming of Sleeping

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 139 milliseconds