• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • A Cell Phone Call

A Cell Phone Call

12

I was driving down I-225 when my life changed. Actually when my life went to hell would be more accurate. I had just dropped my wife off at work. She had taken her car into the dealership the day previous for a recall item and she was going to pick it up that day during her lunch hour.

I was just merging onto I-25 when the cell phone rang. I flipped it open and the cell kept ringing and I suddenly realized that it wasn't my phone going off. I looked over and saw Candy's cell phone lying on the passenger seat close to the passenger door. No way was I going to reach over and pick it up while I was trying to merge with rush hour traffic so it rang a few more times and then stopped.

Once I was out on I-25 and blended in with moving traffic I reached over, picked up her phone and flipped it open. The screen said:

"You have 1 new voicemail."

I started to close the phone, but then I thought that it might be something important and maybe I should listen to it and then call Candy at work and let her know what the message was. I pressed the 'call' button and put the phone to my ear.

"You have one unheard message. First unheard message."

"Hey sweetheart, it's me. I'm in room 114 at the Best Western on the parkway. I should get out of class at three and I should be to the room by four. In case you don't get this for some reason I'll call you at the office around ten. Take care Candy and know that I'm looking forward to this afternoon."

"End of message. To delete this message press seven."

Until he said "Take care Candy" I thought that the message was a wrong number, but as soon as he said "Candy" I knew that my comfortable life had just come to an end. There was just a touch of denial in me as I thought that there just might be a slight chance that there was another Candy out there that had a cell number close to my wife's. That would be what? A ten million to one shot? I closed Candy's phone and tossed it back over onto the seat.

I made the rest of the drive to work on auto pilot because my mind certainly wasn't on my driving. After parking in the lot at work I got out and moved to the passenger's side and took Candy's phone and moved it down to the floor between the seat and the door on the off chance that Candy might come looking for it after receiving the mystery man's phone call at ten o'clock. What I really wanted to do was throw the damned thing on the ground and stomp it to pieces -- a modern day version of killing the messenger who brought the bad tidings. I slammed the door and went into work.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'd met Candy at a party thrown by the members of a band that I had helped out. Andy worked with me and he and some friends had a garage band. I'd never heard them play and didn't have a clue as to whether they were any good or not. I spent a lot of my time at a local watering hole and I knew the owner fairly well. The bar had a pretty good sized dance floor and Harry had a live band in on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

One day I was sitting at the bar, sipping my beer and trying for the zillionth time to hustle Karen the barmaid when I saw Harry come out of the back with a scowl on his face.

"What's up Harry? You look like your dog died."

"Worse than that. The band I had set up for this weekend called and cancelled because their drummer and lead guitar player were in an accident and are in the hospital. I've spent the last two hours trying to find a replacement band and there just aren't any. They are all already booked for this weekend."

"How desperate are you?"

"Right now I'd settle for three monkeys banging tambourines."

"I may be able to help. Give me a quarter."

Harry told Karen to give me a quarter from the till and I took it to the pay phone and called Andy. He came down and talked to Harry and that weekend the Uncalled Four made their public debut. It turned out that they were pretty damned decent and Harry signed them up to be the house band for the next three months. I never had to buy another drink when I was in the bar.

The band started referring to me as their manager even thought I never did anything for them but put Harry and Andy in touch. Anyway, the band threw a party one Sunday to celebrate their move into 'the big time' and I was invited. I was leaning against a wall sipping a beer and watching Andy's girlfriend trying to fall out of her bikini top when a voice said:

"I hear that you are the one responsible for this party."

I turned toy left and saw an absolutely stunning woman. Five foot one or so, auburn hair, hazel eyes and a body built to generate hard ons. She offered her hand and said:

"Candy Witczak and you are?"

"Rob Dalman" I said as I took her offered hand and shook it.

"Well? Is it true that we have you to thank for this party?"

"Not hardly. I made a phone call and put two people in touch. And it wasn't even my quarter."

"Well everyone in the band is giving you the credit for it."

"You know everyone in the band?"

"The drummer is my cousin."

I noticed that she didn't have any rings on her left hand and I was just on the verge of starting 'the dance' that would lead up to my asking her to have dinner with me some night when two women came up to her and hauled her away. Every time I saw her during the rest of the party she was always with a group and I never had another opportunity to talk with her.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Two weeks later on a Thursday night I was sitting at the bar and trying for the zillionth and tenth time to hustle Karen while Andy's band was thumping out "Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress" in the background -- and having my usual lack of luck -- when someone grabbed my arm and started pulling me off my stool. I looked and saw that it was Candy.

"Come on" she said, "No sitting on a barstool when a girl needs a dance partner."

I let her lead me out onto the dance floor. I'm not much of a dancer, but she was great and just being her partner had me looking halfway decent. I was ready to go back to my barstool when the number was over, but the band segued into Bowie's "Suffragette City" and Candy held onto me so I couldn't leave the floor. As I danced with Candy I wondered why she was apparently unescorted. She just had to be beating guys off with a stick so it didn't stand to reason that she would be at the bar alone on a live band night. As I looked at her I wondered at my temerity in thinking that I could have asked her out at that party. She was obviously way, way out of my league.

Time for a little honesty here. I was no Brad Pitt. I was at least ten pounds overweight, had flecks of gray in my brown hair and male pattern baldness was beginning to make an appearance. I didn't know Candy's age, but I had to be at least fifteen years older than she was.

The song ended and before I could ask her where she was sitting so I could walk her back to her table the band started playing "Nights in White Satin" and Candy moved into me and said:

"One more, please?"

I took her in my arms and we began to dance slow. It came as no great surprise to me that I had an erection from just being near her, but it did come as a surprise when it accidentally touched her leg and she pressed back so the contact wouldn't be broken. I looked down at her (I know I mentioned that she was five one, but I don't believe that I mentioned that I was six two) and saw that she was looking up at me and with a smile on her face. I had no idea of what was happening and I was confused as hell. What was this sexy young creature doing trying to excite an old man like me?

The song ended and she led me back to where she was sitting. It turned out to be the table where the wives and girlfriends of the band members were sitting. I held her chair for her as she sat down and I thanked her for the dances. As I started to turn to go she asked:

"Where are you going?"

"Back to the bar."

"Oh no you're not." She pointed at the seat next to her and said, "You are part of this group whether you realize it or not so you have to join us."

"But I have a..."

She pointed at the chair again and said, "Sit!"

Another woman at the table said, "You had better do it. If you don't she will just follow you around and badger you until you do."

I gave in and sat down next to Candy. I looked around for the waitress so I could ask her to get my drink from the bar and suddenly she was standing there with my beer in her hand.

"I had a feeling that you wouldn't be going back to the bar" she said. She looked around the table at the six women sitting there and said:

"You might want something a little stronger than beer if you plan to hang with these girls."

"Don't worry about him" Candy said, "He's mine and I'm not sharing."

The table erupted with hoots and hollers, a "woo-hoo" and a "you go girl."

Tina looked from me to Candy and then back to me as she shook her head in disbelief and I myself wondered again what the hell was going on. Candy saw the look on my face and she said "We will talk later" as she put her hand on my leg and moved it up to cup my erection. Luckily the table top kept the others from seeing it or God alone knows how they would have reacted. Candy leaned over and whispered in my ear as she rubbed my woodie:

"I'll explain when you take me home."

Tina brought me another beer and as I sipped it I contemplated the situation. It was obvious that Candy was making some kind of move on me and to be frank I didn't know how to handle it. I'd been involved with several women in my life and among that number were two ex-wives, but just saying that I'd 'been involved' didn't tell the whole story. I'd had to work hard to get to the point of 'involvement' with each and every one of them. Lots of dates, phone calls and the sending of cards and flowers. It took time and effort, but here, for the only time in my life, I had a woman coming after me and I didn't know what to do. More to the point, I didn't know why. I wasn't any great shakes. I really wasn't.

I danced a couple of more times with Candy and a couple of times with the other women at the table. One of those women was Andy's girlfriend Mary. As we moved around on the floor Mary said:

"Candy seems quite taken with you. I've never seen her act so possessive before."

"Possessive? Of me?"

"Oh come on now. You mean to tell me that you haven't seen the looks she has been giving the girls that you have danced with?"

"Makes no sense. Tonight is only the second time I've seen her in my life."

"You serious?"

"Absolutely. The first time was at that party at your house two weeks ago and even then I only talked to her for maybe three or four minutes. That was it until she pulled me off my bar stool a little bit ago."

"I don't know what happened during those three or four minutes, but it was something. She has been pumping Andy for information about you for the last two weeks and the reason she came down here with us tonight is because Andy told her you would more than likely be here."

As I walked Mary back to the table I was even more confused than I had been. What could I possibly have that would interest a sexy lady who was obviously a lot younger than I was.

Around ten Candy said. "I need to be going. I still have to get up and go to work tomorrow." She looked at me and said, "Are you ready to take me home?"

She was gorgeous and sexy and even though I didn't have a clue to what was going on I was going to say no?

As she was buckling her seat belt Candy asked, "Do you believe in love at first sight?"

"I never much thought about it. I do know that it has never happened to me although I guess I have experienced lust at first sight a couple of times. Why do you ask?"

"Just curious. I wanted to know if I was in this alone."

"In what alone?"

"I'm sure that you have noticed that I have been just a tad forward where you are concerned."

I had no idea about what to say to that so I just concentrated on my driving.

"You haven't noticed? Well, when I saw you at the party something happened to me. I can't explain it, but I knew I had to meet you. I found out from Andy who you were and then I approached you. I didn't see a ring on your hand, but I could not believe that some other woman didn't have a claim on you so I set out to find out as much about you as I could. I like what I've learned and I have decided that I want you. How is that for being forward?"

"You can't be serious."

"Oh but I am. Now all I have to do is sell you on the idea."

When we got to her place she reached over and shut off the ignition and pulled my keys out of the ignition switch.

"Come on baby" she said as she got out of the car, "We need to see how good a salesperson I am."

We spent three hours in her bedroom and to make a long story a little shorter she did sell me on the idea. We lived together for the next two years and then I finally made things legal. The next ten years were the happiest of my life.

Candy and I both had good jobs that we liked and neither of us was in any hurry to give those jobs up so we decided that we didn't want kids. To save Candy the hassle of birth control pills, diaphragms and the like I had a vasectomy.

Candy and I both did well at our chosen professions and she eventually reached the position of regional manager with seventeen offices throughout the state under her. I climbed the corporate ladder and became the vice-president of Marketing. Both jobs had some travel attached -- Candy's more than mine -- but we didn't have to spend too much time apart. Life was good and then I had to go and listen to that voicemail on Candy's phone.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I didn't get a whole lot done at work that morning. I pretty much sat in my office and stared out the window as I thought about things. Candy was twelve years younger than I was. That age difference didn't mean all that much when I was thirty-two and Candy was twenty, but it did mean something when I was forty-eight and she was thirty-six.

I liked sex and Candy and I had a pretty good love life, but it seemed that the older I got the less I thought about it. Twice a week was good for me, but Candy had a much higher sex drive than I did and quite frankly I couldn't keep up with her. At times my ability to stay with her left her frustrated and a few times it even caused some shouting matches.

I am a realist and I was well aware that as I got even older the problem was going to get worse. I'm also one of those people who believe that you can have sex without love just as you can have love without sex and I also believe that sex is a need just like food and water. I prayed that the day would never come when I couldn't perform at all, but I had to accept that Candy would always want more than I would be able to give her. I loved her and I didn't want to lose her.

I don't know that her sex drive would ever cause her to seek 'a little extra' outside of the home but that possibility did exist and if ever happened and I were to find out our marriage would be over. Candy was well aware of my position on infidelity. Both of my ex-wives cheated and that is what got them bounced out on their butts.

One night when Candy and I made love and I couldn't come up to scratch for a third time she started whining about my leaving her hanging and I said to her:

"Maybe what you need is to do is find a lover to help you out."

"Oh yeah, right! Then I could join your other two ex-wives out on the curb."

"Not necessarily."

"What do you mean by that?"

"My other two were kicked to the curb because they snuck around behind my back. Janet was picking up guys in bars and doing them on back seats in the parking lot. Merry was doing her boss to get raises and promotions. Both of them stabbed me in the back and that was totally unacceptable to me. I will not live with lying or sneaking around, but that wouldn't be the case here. I would know about it and condone it. You know that I feel that sex is a physical need and that it is just as much a requirement for good health as eating and drinking and I am obviously not giving you what you need. I'm willing to let you satisfy your needs when you need to as long as you are honest and up front about it. And as long as you followed certain guidelines I would be willing to accept it."

"Guidelines?"

"Some simple rules to follow. Never here in our home. Never the same man for more than a thirty day period. That way there is less likelihood of emotional entanglements. I do not want to watch or even hear about what you do together. I would not want to know who and I would insist on you never coming to me following an assignation without having taken a shower, douching and brushing your teeth. The only thing I would have to know is that you were going to do it. A call telling me that you are coming home late because you were meeting someone is all I would want. If you made a date with someone for an evening I would want you to let me know far enough ahead of time so that I could make sure that I wouldn't be here to see you dress for your date."

"You are not really serious about this, right."

"I'm absolutely serious. I'm clearly not giving you what you need sexually and it is causing us problems and I see these problems getting worse as I get older. I do not want to lose you so I am offering you a solution to the problem."

"There is no way that I'm ever going to do that. No way at all."

"Fine. Just remember that the offer is there if an occasion should ever arise that might want to make you change your mind. All I'm asking for is honesty."

"I appreciate that you love me enough to offer to let me do something like that, but I couldn't. I just couldn't."

"Sweetheart, you can't go two days without trying to drag me into the bedroom. I know damned well that you have to be hurting when you are on your out of town trips for a week or two. I know you go to the hotel lounges for a drink or two after work and I know that you must get hit on a lot. All I'm saying is that you have blanket permission if you find someone you think you might want to try. Just don't hide it from me. I'll make it even easier. All you have to do is tell me that you have decided to take me up on my offer. As long as I know. Honest and up front; no sneaking around and lying."

"It doesn't matter Rob. I'm never going to do it."

And as far as I knew until I listened to that voicemail she hadn't.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

At ten-thirty I got a call from Candy. First she asked me if she had left her cell phone in the car and I told her I didn't know and the last time I had seen it it was on the kitchen counter with the charger plugged into it.

"You probably just forgot it."

"That's probably it. While I've got you on the phone I may be a little late tonight. The boss wants everyone in a short meeting about expense reports and a few other things."

"So I should take care of myself as far as dinner is concerned?"

"There are plenty of leftovers in the fridge and some TV dinners in the freezer. I'll try not to be too late. I love you baby."

"You too sweetie."

At three forty-five I was parked in the IHOP parking lot across the street from the Best Western. I had a good view of the door to room 114 and I settled in to wait. At four twenty-five a man walked up to the door of room 114 and put his key in the door and entered. I recognized him from one of Candy's office Christmas parties. His name was Dave Maxxon and he was the manager of one of the offices in Candy's region.

At five fifteen a familiar Chevy Tahoe pulled up in front of room 114 and parked. Candy got out, walked up to the door and knocked, the door opened and she went inside. I watched the door until five to seven and then I drove on home.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • A Cell Phone Call

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 19 milliseconds