• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Zombies in Texas

Zombies in Texas

"Listen up, you country bumpkin, we are going to confiscate your weapons and secure the area, we've got our orders, now, do as you're told or else," Sergeant Cameron Steller said brusquely to the six-foot-tall, plump, short-haired African-American woman who stood before him. The gal looked like she had someday to say, and there was nothing the Sarge would enjoy more than to send her to a holding cell...

The last remnants of the U.S. Army in the Midwest, some five thousand soldiers strong, were doing their very best to stem the tide of people fleeing major urban areas like Dallas, Austin and Houston. There was an untold number of infected people among the refugees, and there was no way Sergeant Steller and his men would allow them to venture to the few un-infected areas left within the Lone Star State.

"Country doesn't automatically mean dumb, smartass," Rose Ellery said angrily as she struck the square-jawed military white dude, dropping him like a sack of potatoes. The fiery redhead had time to smirk victoriously at her fallen foe before the other soldiers grabbed her and threw her on the ground. As the soldiers began to kick the hell out of her, Rose thought of her beloved, right before she faded into oblivion...

Everyone remembers exactly where they were when news broke out that the dead began to rise, craving the flesh of the living. Rose Ellery was working at Kowalski's Diner in the City of Amarillo, Texas, when CNN broke the news on the tube. The reporter, a dapper little gentleman with silver hair and glasses seemed filled with dread as he delivered the news. It was one of CNN's last broadcasts, as it would turn out...

The world seemed so much simpler back then. This was before the zombie plague, before Trump and his cronies in Washington D.C. declared martial law, and before chaos engulfed the United States of America...and the rest of the world. Who could have imagined that ordinary Americans fleeing the zombie-infested major cities would find themselves facing an even more formidable enemy, the remnants of the U.S. government?

"Ladies and gentlemen, there's no other way to say it, so I'm just going to say it, the dead are coming back to life, this is not a joke," the reporter said, and that's when Rose almost dropped the tray that she was carrying over to former sheriff Justin Denton's table. The stocky, balding African-American former cop didn't seem to notice, for his eyes were glued to the TV.

"Well I'll be damned," Denton said, and then he crossed himself. Rose set the tray in front of him and the old man didn't even seem to notice. Rose looked at the TV, where scenes of carnage unfolded. Five guys were walking toward a cop, somewhere in Washington D.C. and as he fired shot after shot into them, they didn't even seem to notice. They kept advancing towards him, their faces blank, their mouths agape, their arms outstretched.

"Oh shit," Rose gasped, watching as the zombies mauled the officer down, ignoring the other officers who arrived on the scene and began firing on them at once. The zombies didn't even seem to notice they were being fired upon, yet one thing became clear. Head shots brought them down for good. Rose noticed when a bullet caught a large female zombie square in the forehead while she was chewing on the unfortunate cop's arm, and the ghastly monster fell over and did not get up again.

"Rosie, you're needed in the kitchen," came a voice, and Rose turned around to look at her not-quite-boyfriend, Harun Aden. The tall, brown-skinned, curly-haired young man looked at her impatiently, and Rose rolled her eyes. Harun was neurotic as hell and sometimes got on her nerves with his anal retentive attention to detail. Going out with him had to have been one of Rose's biggest mistakes..

"Cool your jets, Harun, look at the news," Rose retorted sharply, and Harun looked at the TV, and for a long moment, he fell silent. The footage Rose was beholding reminded her of numerous zombie-themed movies and television shows she'd seen. Hell, she attended Comic Con last year and saw some of the cast of The Walking Dead. What she seeing right then and there, on live TV, was simply unreal...

"I can't believe this shit," Harun said, shaking his head. The store's owner, Stanfield Kowalski came out, and the portly Polish-American chef stood there, hands on his hips, wondering what his waitress and kitchen aide were doing standing around, gawking at the television instead of making themselves useful.

"Stop watching zombie movies, you brats, and get back to work," Kowalski shouted, and he went back into the kitchen without bothering to wait for their reply. Harun and Rose exchanged a look. Without a word, Harun gently pulled rose into his arms, and she surprised herself by actually leaning against his slender yet wiry frame. The six-foot-four, slender Somali-American was deceptively frail-looking, but he had a resilience Rose admired...when he wasn't getting on her nerves.

"I still can't believe this, Rosie, there must be some mistake," Harun said, sighing deeply, and Rose looked at him. Harun's handsome face was filled with disbelief. She was disturbed to see fear in his soulful dark eyes. Rose knew that the University of Houston culinary arts student probably had a ton of ideas and theories about the zombie plague, but she was in no mood to hear any of them.

"That's it, we're dead meat, if this is for real," Rose heard herself say, and Harun said nothing and held her tight. They were still holding onto each other when a stranger stumbled into the diner, and with one look, Rose and Harun could tell there was something wrong with the dude. Tall and lanky, with a red shirt and blue jeans, the bearded, grizzled man walked in, staring vacantly at the diner patrons.

"Welcome to Kowalski's diner," Rose said automatically, and the man stared at her, wavering a bit on his feet as though drunk. A guttural sound, half roar and half moan, escaped his lips, and the stranger shuffled toward her. Harun stood protectively in front of Rose, and the stranger bared his teeth and outstretched his arms, going for him. The young man bravely stared down the creep, bracing himself for what was to come...

"Get away from him, son, he's one of them," Denton shouted, even as the zombie launched itself at Harun. The young man dodged his oncoming assailant and the creature fell on the tiled floor. As it struggled back on its feet, ex-sheriff Denton shot it in the head. The zombie keeled over, fell and lay still. Rose tentatively took a step forward and nudged the dead thing with her foot. It did not move...

"A real frigging zombie," Harun said, and Rose looked at her ex-boyfriend, then at Mr. Denton. Before she could reply to him, Mr. Kowalski came out of the kitchen, no doubt alarmed by the sound of gunshots going off in his diner. The restaurateur's eyes went wide when he saw the corpse on the floor, and former sheriff Denton still clutching his pistol.

"What in hell happened here?" Mr. Kowalski asked, and before Harun, Rose and Mr. Denton could attempt any explanation, the sound of moans coming from outside caused them all to freeze. Rose hastily closed the front door, for there were several people outside, except some instinct told her they weren't people. They all walked funny, with vacant eyes and arms outstretched...

"There's zombies outside, we can't let them in otherwise they'll eat us," Rose said as she slammed the doors shut, and gestured for Harun to help her. The young man proceeded to pull the antique blinds over the door and windows, while Mr. Kowalski stood there, aghast. The old Polish-American restaurateur scratched his head, wondering if the whole world had gone mad...

"We've got a situation here, Stan, please stay calm," Mr. Denton advised, and Mr. Kowalski looked at him as though he had two heads. He kept looking at the corpse on the floor, and at his two workers, Harun and Rose, both of whom he'd known for years. They were pulling the shades over every window, and from what he heard, there was quite a commotion going on outside.

"You've all lost your minds, I'm calling the police and getting the fuck out of here," Mr. Kowalski said, and he pulled out his cell phone and headed for the kitchen. Harun and Rose exchanged a look, then Mr. Denton nodded and took off after Kowalski. The young couple took off after the ex-sheriff, and that's when they heard a blood-curdling scream that froze them in their tracks...

"They're coming in, that damn fool opened the back door, get out of here," Mr. Denton shouted, and they heard the sound of gunshots, followed by the zombies moans. Harun and Rose watched as the zombies began pouring into the restaurant from the back door, having eaten their way past Mr. Kowalski and Mr. Denton. As the nightmarish ghouls surrounded them, Harun and Rose held each other, wondering how in hell they were going to get out of this predicament...

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Zombies in Texas

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 21 milliseconds