• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • If This World Were Mine

If This World Were Mine

The angel Pyriel stood on a rooftop above the city of Boston.

He looked at the city, a beautiful city teeming with life. One of the abodes of humanity. He had seen many in his time and would see many more before the task was done. The task of watching over humanity. He stood there, a magnificent being among a world of lesser creatures that were nevertheless the favorites of the Creator. The world of Man often stands on the brink of destruction and the angels often inspire people to stop catastrophes and often prevent them. In these moment, the angels lend their undying might to the frail sons and daughters of humanity and enable them to perform extraordinary tasks.

Men and women have never been exactly stable. They are unpredictable creatures. Creatures that can frustrate the most patient of watchers. They are very limited. Their lives are passionate, vibrant and brief. Each and every single man and woman on earth is unique whether they realize it or not.

The lives of the men and women of this world are filled with pain and sorrow. Danger awaits them at practically every corner and death can come for them at any time. One can sense their potential for greatness. It takes a powerful mind to retain that notion while watching men and women do horrible things to each other. The evils of racism, mysogyny, misandry and outright hatred have plagued the world of humanity for eons and will continue to do so.

The angel sighs and continues his watch.

On occasion the humans can surprise their watchers and even their Creator Himself. They perform random acts of kindness and do things that are remarkable. Something inside them all is good but the powers at work in the world they live in perverts that goodness to simply nefarious ends. They sometimes waste their lives in vain pursuits. Some want to understand the universe. Others want to make a difference in their lives and those of others. Some aspire to become great among the members of their society. Some seek to uphold a certain group while putting down another. This is the source of the many things that are wrong in the world of men and women. There's always a conflict.

The conflict is everywhere. Women against men. Blacks against whites. Heterosexuals against homosexuals. Christians against Pagans. Monotheists against Polytheists and Atheists. Conservatives against Liberals. Patriarchs against Feminists. Normals against Freaks. The Beautiful against the Ugly. The Tall versus the Short. Men and women come up with so many ways to complicate their lives. They hurt each other. They make false accusations. They assault and batter. They victimize and they "play" victim. They don't realize that their time is running out and that each day might be their last. They are far too foolish to make the best of it and find happiness and meaning and love in this world instead of bickering about insignificant nonsense.

Mortals are fools.

The angel sighs. Fortunately, his task does not carry an eternal commitment.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • If This World Were Mine

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 647 milliseconds