• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • Rob Gets Even

Rob Gets Even

123

This story had its origins in high school although not much really happened there. There were three elementary schools in town that took you from kindergarten to the fifth grade; two middle schools that took you from the sixth through the eighth grade. There was only one high school that took you from the ninth to the twelfth so when I started the ninth grade I saw tons of kids that I had never seen before and one of them was Nancy Wilde. I don't know if you remember what it was like when you saw your first love or the one that you hoped would be the first love (and hopefully only), but I as instantly 'owned' by Nancy.

I sat as close to her as I could in every class that we had together and pretty much followed her around like a lost puppy. I tried to get her to sit with me in the cafeteria at lunch time and I asked her out for every after school activity that came around. I pretty much made a fool of myself where she was concerned and of course everyone in our class knew it and laughed about it. Unfortunately one of the laughers was Nancy.

About halfway through the tenth grade Nancy decided that I wasn't a joke any more. I of course thought that the reason was because she finally realized what I had known all along – that we were meant for each other. It wasn't until much much later that I found out the real reason.

Because of my birthday and the school systems age requirements I was six when I started kindergarten instead of five (I missed the cut by four days) and then when I was halfway through the sixth grade I had a burst appendix that made me miss so much school that I had to repeat the sixth grade. As a result of those two things I was two years older than the other kids in the tenth grade. I was seventeen compared to their fifteen. And because I was seventeen I had a driver's license and more than that, thanks to parents that spoiled me, I had a car. A car that gave me the freedom to go places and do things that my classmates couldn't.

Those things never entered my mind when one day Nancy sat down at my table in the school cafeteria and asked

"Don't you like me any more Robby?"

"Of course I do Nancy; why would even you think otherwise?"

"You don't ask me out any more."

"I stopped asking because you always said no to me."

"That doesn't mean that I wasn't interested in you. My parents wouldn't let me date until I turned fifteen and even then my mom was always telling me that I was too young to get serious with any guy. You were the only guy I could even think about getting serious about so I had to keep you at arm's length."

Looking back I should have realized it was utter bullshit, but I was so besotted by her that the fact that she was sitting at my table and talking to me kept me from even thinking about the lie she was telling me. I'd seen her out on dates since we started the tenth together, but it wasn't until a year later that I put it altogether and realized I'd been played. Anyway, back to the cafeteria.

"So what has changed" I asked her.

"I've seen you with other girls and I finally decided that I'd better get off my butt and make a move before some other girl gets you into a steady relationship."

I had dated a lot and there had been some kisses and make out sessions and even a little 'stink fingering' a time or two, but never with anybody that I wanted to go steady with.

"You want to go steady with me?"

"We won't know that until we've spent some time together, but six months or a year from now I don't want to look at you with a steady girlfriend and saying to myself that I wish I had tried to find myself in her place."

That was the start of it. I immediately asked her out and she said yes. I was walking on air! Nancy had said yes to a date with me!

It was just a movie and root beer floats at Harry's Malt Shop after, but I was with the girl that I wanted to be with forever. On the second and third dates I got a kiss on the cheek and while I know it sounds stupid I didn't was my face for two days after.

Then came the weekend that Nancy said she wanted to go to the lake and I said fine. Then she asked if it would be all right if her best friend Bev and her boyfriend could go with us and I said sure. We had a good time and when I took Nancy home I tried to go for a real kiss. I got a peck on the lips, but even as nuts as I was about her I could tell that her heart wasn't into it. I just put it down to her thinking that it was too soon for us to be getting into that.

After that weekend at the lake every date I had with Nancy was a double date with her and her friends. I need to point out here that the car I had was a Ford Galaxy 500 station wagon that would seat nine. Not the car that you would normally associate with a teenager, but when my parents went looking for a good used car for me they couldn't pass up the price it had on it. Anyway, soon after Nancy and I started dating the car that would seat nine usually had nine in it. Sometimes even ten or twelve depending on how familiar they all were with each other.

It was Nancy who usually picked where we would go and I really didn't care because all I really wanted was to be with her. It never occurred to me that wherever we went she spent more time with the others that we were with than she did with me. I know it makes me sound like a doofus that it never occurred to me that I was being used because I had a driver's license and a car. I was getting better kisses and we did neck more and I thought we were moving along. It didn't dawn on me until the summer was over and we started the eleventh grade. The significance of that event? That is when my classmates started turning sixteen and getting their driver's licenses and access to the family car or in some cases they had parents like mine who bought them a car.

I'll never forget the date. It was September 12th.

I was sitting in the school cafeteria waiting for Nancy to join me. She came in, sat down at the table and said:

"I'm sorry Rob, but I can't see you anymore. My parents say I'm getting too serious with you and that it isn't good for someone my age to be getting that way" and she got up and left me sitting there watching her walk away.

Then to make it worse when school let out and I went out to my car in the student parking lot I saw Nancy getting into a car with John Woodman. She slid over next to him, kissed him, and then they drove off. I did notice that the car Woodman was driving had temporary tags on it so it was likely that he had just gotten it.

As they drove out of sight I wondered about what I'd just seen and I started to remember some of the things I'd seen during the summer that I hadn't really paid much attention to. Things like Woodman always seemed to be in the group when Nancy and I had gone on a group date to the lake, amusement park or wherever and Nancy did seem to spend more time with him than the rest of the group we were with. A couple of times Nancy had disappeared for some time and thinking back on it I couldn't recall Woodman being around while she was gone. Even then I didn't put two and two together. I was still too hug up on Nancy to think straight where she was concerned.

Two days later two things happened in the space of forty-eight hours that ripped the blinders off of me. The first was hearing the buzz going around among my classmates that Nancy had announced that she and Woodman were now going steady. That happened on a Thursday. Saturday I was at a party at Adolphus Thomas's house and there was a lot of smoking going on. I didn't smoke and sometimes the smell got to me and when it did I usually ducked outside for a breath of fresh air.

It was a little past seven and already out and when Becca Marsh and Audrey Totten came out probably for the same reason they didn't see me leaning against an oak tree over by the fence. Normally I would have made my presence known, but they were talking about me so I stayed quiet and motionless.

"Do you think there will be fireworks when Nancy and John get here?"

"Wouldn't it be great if Rob did go off on the two of them?"

"I just can't see it. Rob is just too nice a guy."

"Yeah. It is a shame he is so clueless when it comes to Nancy."

"I know. I would love to have a guy that deeply into me."

"You think by now he realizes just how much she played him? That she was just using him until John could get his license and a car?"

"I doubt it. I don't think he is capable of having bad thoughts where Nancy is concerned. He has been gaga over her since the ninth grade."

"What a waste. I don't know why he was never able to see what a manipulative bitch she is, but he is clueless where Nancy is concerned. I man how could he not know that she and John dated all during the week?"

"From what I hear she told him that her parents wouldn't let her date during the week and since Rob works that part time job during the week he probably never had a chance to catch them."

"It is a rotten shame that he is so into Nancy. I would have loved to go out with him and not just because he has a car."

"I know what you mean, but he is, or maybe I should say was, so wrapped up in Nancy that he never even noticed the rest of us."

As I listened to the two of them my feelings for Nancy died a slow death. I stepped out of the shadows and said:

"You are absolutely right. I was clueless, but what I don't understand is why you guys who are supposed to be my friends never gave me a wakeup call."

My appearance caught them by surprise and shocked them into silence. I turned from them and headed back into the house. I had my hand on the doorknob when Audrey called out:

"Wait Rob!" I turned back to them and Audrey said, "It is because w we are your friends that we never spoke to you about it. You were so were wrapped around that bitche's finger that you wouldn't have believed us and you would most likely shot the messenger and ended the friendship. We all kept hoping that you would catch on without us getting involved."

I turned and went into the house. Once inside I saw that Nancy and John had arrived. I could actually feel the tension in the room. Everyone must have expected me to go off on the pair so I don't know if they were relieved or disappointed when I walked up to Dolph and said:

"Great party, but I have to leave. Thanks for the invite. I'll catch you at school on Monday."

I was halfway home before it all hit me and I had to pull over and park. The am burst and I cried my eyes out. It was half an hour before I could make myself start the car and drive the rest of the way home.

From Monday on at school I noticed that John and Nancy seemed to go out of their way to avoid me. I just tuned them out and got on with life. I looked around and noticed several of my female classmates weren't in relationships and I started dating.

I did get a partial payback where Nancy and Woodman were concerned. It was a Saturday in the first week of October and a whole herd of us had gone out to the lake. We partied until the sun started to go down and it began to get chilly and people started leaving. There was a float about a hundred yards from shore and knowing that it was un likely I'd be able to do it until the next summer I swam out to it and then laid down on my back and just looked up at the stars for a while.

When I got back to the beach I found that everyone but Nancy and Woodman were gone. Woodman's car was about thirty feet from mine and as I walked to my car I saw both of them standing there and looking at his flat right rear tire. I got in my car, started it up, but before I could pull away Woodman came over to me. I rolled my window down and he said:

"I've got a problem Rob. I've got a flat tire and no spare."

Before he could say anything else I said, "Gee John; that's too damned bad" and I drove off leaving them there in the dark and ten miles from the nearest phone.

Over the next fifteen years I went to college, found a god job, but stayed single. I dated a lot, got laid a reasonable amount of times, but never found a girl that I wanted to go the full route with. That all changed when the company that I worked for was bought out by a much larger corporation. Naturally everyone started shaking in their boots as it was well known what usually happened when one company bought out another and everyone started wondering how safe their job was.

A transition team arrived and things started changing. And I do have to say that the changes were mostly for the better. I'm sure you know how it is. In every company there is usually deadwood; people who got where they were by ass kissing and taking credit for the work of others. We had more than our fair share and the team must have done their homework because by the end of the second week the deadwood was gone. My boss was one of them and surprising me (and a whole lot of others) I was moved into his slot.

After the reorganization and the new computer system was up and running we got a visit from our new CEO and his entourage and the head of the transition team was showing them around. I was in Production talking to the shift supervisor when the group came up to me. I was introduced to Mr. Coleman, two of his vice presidents and his personal assistant Mrs. James. Mrs. James was a knockout and I immediately hated Mr. James even though I'd never met him. The lady was to die for and I hated the man because he had her and I didn't.

The group moved on and as she walked away I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Mike Ebers, the shift supervisor, punched me on the arm.

"Earth to Rob. Come in Rob" and I turned to him, smiled and said, "She certainly grabs your attention doesn't she" and then I got back to work.

I was in my office working on some reports when the door opened and Mrs. James walked in. Without an invitation she sat down on the chair on the other side of my desk and said:

"I've just come from personnel and according to your file you aren't married. Do you have a significant other?"

"I beg your pardon?"

"Simple enough question. You are single but do you have a fiancé or a girlfriend?"

I decided that if she could be so forward with me I'd see if I could set her back on her heels a bit so I said:

"I do have a couple of friends with benefits, but no permanent attachments."

"Good. I wouldn't want to be responsible for breaking up a committed couple. Where are we going on our first date and for your information I don't like seafood."

"First date? Sorry lady, but I don't mess around with married women."

"That's nice to know, but I'm not married; I'm a widow."

"Sorry to hear that."

"Don't be; I'm not. Dear departed Herbert died when he bled out following an auto accident. The impact caused the lady giving him head while he was driving to bite off what she had in her mouth. The impact also broke her neck and she still had him in her mouth when they pulled her body out of the wreckage."

As I looked at her I remembered the thoughts that I'd had upon meeting her and I decided to go for it.

"As it happens I have no plans for this evening if you are free."

"Amazingly enough I do have a free evening."

She opened her purse, took out a piece of paper and handed it to me. I looked at it and saw that it was directions to her place. I looked at them and then back up to her and said:

"You were that sure of me?"

"I saw the way you were looking at me and after reading your file I thought it was worth a gamble. What time?"

"Six-thirty and dress casual. Jeans or slacks will work."

"See you then. Oh, by the way, my name is Judith, but I prefer Judy" she said and then got up and left.

As she walked toward the door and I watched the sway of her magnificent ass I had to wonder why dear departed Hebert had played around on something that nice. I'm not dumb; I'd been around the block a time or two and it could be that Herbie was a dyed in the wool cock-hound who just couldn't keep it in his pants, but it just as easily could have been something about Judy James that drove him to it. Whatever the reason I was enthralled by Mrs. James looks and intrigued by her no nonsense 'go for it attitude' and I just had to see where things might go.

I was impressed by the home and neighborhood when I pick Judy up at six. Between the two of them Herb and Judy must have been very well compensated for their labors at their places of employment.

The lady looked like sex personified in her Levis and low cut top. The top was tied in a knot just below her breasts and the jewel in her navel called attention to her flat stomach. She was barefoot when she invited me in and she walked me into the living room and pointed at the couch and I went to it and sat down. She said:

"I was waiting for you to get here before I decided on which of these to wear."

She reached into a bag sitting on an end table and pulled out a tennis shoe and a strappy high heel. In truth the tennis shoe would have been better for what I had panned, but high heels have always been a turn on for me so I smiled and said:

"The heel."

She laughed and said, "Somehow I thought that's what it would be."

She sat down, put the heels on and then stood up and did a slow turn in front of me.

"Good enough to be seen in public with?"

"Good enough that if we knew each other a lot better we wouldn't even get out of the house."

She laughed and gave me a mega-watt smile and said, "Good. That's the look I was going for."

I took her to Bud's Bar. Bud's had the best half pound ground round in the state, at least in my opinion, and my plans for the evening were simple. A bite to eat and a few drinks while we sat in a booth and talked to get to know each other better. That plan died a quick death two steps inside Bud's front door.

"Oh goodie!" Judy exclaimed, "They have pool tables."

We did have the ground rounds and a few drinks, but we spent precious little time sitting in the booth talking. I had always thought I was a pretty good stick on the tables, but Judy could have given a professional hustler a good run for his money. She was in the process of kicking my ass for the third time when a couple of friends of mine and their wives came in. We all ended up at the two tables we pushed together and playing doubles on the pool table. After a while we quit playing and sat down to drink and talk. While I could see that Ben and Jerry and their wives Clara and Brenda were all dying to ask questions the conversation remained general in nature until Judy got up to go to the ladies room. Then, in some weird ritual that we mere men will never understand, Clara and Brenda got up to go with her. I've never understood it. Guys don't get up and go to the bathroom together.

The girls were hardly out of sight when Ben said, "Geez Rob; where did you find her?" and Jerry said "I've seen you in the locker room at the gym and so I know it ain't that and I have a rough idea of how much you make so I know it can't be that either so how in the hell did you manage to come up with something like that?"

"To be absolutely honest about it I don't know. I was sitting in my office one day minding my own business and she walked into the room, sat down across from me and said, "I want you." I took one look at her and decided to let her have what she wanted."

"Yeah; right!" Ben said and Jerry said "I ain't drunk enough yet to believe that."

"She's just a woman who works for the same company I do and it is our first date."

"Calling her 'just another woman' is like calling the Hope Diamond just another stone. You let her get away and I'm going to dump Clara and go after her myself."

I knew Ben was full of shit because Clara had him wrapped around her little finger, but the talk did bring home something that had been on my mind since Judy came into my office. I've never been one to pretend to be something I'm not. I'm just an average guy. Average in all things. In short, I'm nothing special whereas Judy most definitely is so the question has to be why me? Why was she pushing herself at me? To me it really didn't make any sense.

123
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • Rob Gets Even

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 10 milliseconds