• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Celebrities & Fan Fiction
  • /
  • Gray Jedi Ch. 01

Gray Jedi Ch. 01

123

Greetings, readers! I had so much fun writing my recent Star Wars story, "Of Scavengers and Smugglers," that I decided to start up another. This one I plan to be a longer-running series. Just how long, I'm not certain yet. At least as long as ideas keep flowing, I suppose. Anyway, this story starts with the immediate aftermath of Anakin Skywalker's betrayal in Episode III before exploring the Age of the Empire. It does contain erotic scenes, but is rather slow to get to them. Plot and action sequences will take precedent in this story. For example, the first sex scene does not appear until chapter two. If that is not your cup of tea for a Star Wars fan fiction story, my feelings will not be hurt. All the same, I do hope you take the time to read and find my story enjoyable! -auguy86

*****

Gray Jedi Ch. 1

"He seriously did that?!"

"Saw it with my own eyes, Malik! I swear!"

"Serra, come on. I know Yoda always says 'do or do not, there is no try,' but this seems to be firmly in the 'do not' category."

"Hey, check the security holograms if you don't believe me. It's all there."

"Wow... Anakin Skywalker actually landed the Invisible Hand and saved Chancellor Palpatine in the process. I always knew he was a great pilot, but that's beyond anything I've ever heard of! Unbelievable!"

"Believe it," came a voice from behind the pair.

"Master Windu! Good to see you!" Malik Ran said as the Jedi Master approached.

"You as well, Malik. Serra Keto, always a pleasure."

"Likewise, Master Windu."

"Malik how was your reconnaissance mission? Any luck?"

"A few leads," the young Jedi replied. "Several sources indicated that the Separatists have their eyes on setting up camp on Utapau, that is if they aren't there already."

"These sources reliable?" Windu inquired.

"Bothan intelligence."

Nodding, Windu replied, "That's reliable alright. During the rescue mission yesterday, General Grievous escaped and went on the run. If what you've found is true, he may well be on his way to Utapau as we speak."

"Then we'd better get someone after him right away!" Serra interjected. "We apprehend him, we end the war."

"I'm just on my way to the Jedi Council Chambers to discuss the matter. Rest assured, ending this war is our highest priority. The sooner we can restore our Republic to its intended democratic protocols, the better," Windu reassured her.

"Thank you, Master. Let me know if you need my presence before the Council," Malik said.

"I will, but I doubt that will be necessary. Master Ki-Adi-Mundi was working with you, and is actively tracking Grievous as we speak, so his information should be enough for us to act. I'll see you later, then."

"Take care, Master Windu," Serra said.

As Windu took his leave, the two young Jedi strolled through the corridors of the temple together. They said nothing, only enjoying each other's company. Soon, Serra broke the silence.

"I'm glad you're back... I missed you."

"Me too," Malik replied. "I'll be glad when this war is over. No more cloak-and-dagger secret missions, back to being guardians of peace rather than generals..."

"And back to the High Council being as inflexible as ever..."

"Yeah," Malik sighed.

As they turned a corner, she casually brushed her hand against his, feeling the warm touch of his skin.

"Woah, not here," he said, pulling away. "Someone could see."

"I know but... I'm tired of pretending this isn't real," Serra said. "Malik, what we have is stronger than any normal friendship. Remember how close the Council was to kicking me out of the order, saying I was a loose cannon? All that changed when we met. You've been the best influence I could've ever asked for, even better than Master Drallig."

"Be that as it may, the Council would kick us both out if they discovered this. You don't deserve that, not with as far as you've come."

"Do you really think we're the first Jedi to have faced this dilemma?" she asked, cocking her eyebrow.

Sighing, he replied, "No... we definitely are not. Not if the rumors about Qui-Gon Jinn are to be believed, anyway."

"And there are others too, supposedly. Who, I can't say. But the fact remains that this is nothing new, Malik. We should at least consider every option, don't you agree?"

Thinking for a moment, Malik said, "How 'bout we wait at least until the end of the war. With any luck, Grievous will have been brought down by the end of the week. Once things quiet down, we'll have a better idea of what to do. Agreed?"

Realizing he was right, she nodded. "Agreed."

The pair said their goodbyes and Serra departed towards the lightsaber training area. She was to help her former Master, Cin Drallig, with his lessons that afternoon. As she left, Malik caught himself once again admiring her form. Serra Keto was not only beautiful, but also strong and intelligent. Her hair was a gorgeous shade of raven, and she always kept it tied back in a pair of loose pigtails. Her body was fit and athletic, yet also possessed ample curves to go along with those muscles. Her porcelain skin stood in beautiful contrast to her dark hair, and her legs were long and powerful. At twenty-two years, she was as strong as she had ever been, and would only continue growing over the next several years. She was the perfect combination of warrior and woman, and at three years younger than him, no less! Shaking his head, Malik pushed those thoughts from his mind; he had to remain disciplined, after all. As he continued down the hallway, he spotted a friend coming towards him.

"Anakin! Congratulations!"

Skywalker looked up, appearing startled and a bit apprehensive. "Malik? Wha...?"

"Congrats! Successful rescue operation, landing the Invisible Hand in the middle of Coruscant's financial district, people are saying you're a real-life hero!" Malik said, shaking his hand.

"Oh! Well, thank you, but I can't take full credit," Anakin replied. "The entire mission was Obi-Wan's idea, after all."

"True, but as he would say, 'Ideas are good and useful, but executing them is an entirely different matter.' I'd say you executed to perfection."

"That's true, I suppose."

The pair moved to a nearby window, gazing out on the bustling metropolis of Coruscant. Every citizen seemed to move with a hurried apprehension, which was understandable. After all, the Clone Wars had just affected them in the most personal way possible less than twenty-four hours before. Their fear and uncertainty made perfect sense.

"Do you... do you ever wonder what will happen to the Order once the war ends?" Anakin asked.

"All the time," Malik replied with a nod. "Seems you do too."

"I do. I've traveled to so many war-torn worlds over the last few years. I've seen and done terrible things, all in the name of restoring peace. I see the galaxy changing forever with every passing moment. I wonder... how does that change affect us?"

"As Master Yoda loves to say, always in motion is the future. I guess all we can do is hold firm to our principles. We have to remain the rock for our Republic."

Anakin gave him a questioning look. "Do you really believe in all of our principles?"

Returning Anakin's gaze, Malik asked, "Anakin, what's wrong? There's... something different about you."

Looking away, Anakin replied, "Nothing's wrong. I'm just... I'm tired of fighting."

"I agree, but I've seen that look in your eye in others, Anakin. That's not the look of someone tired of fighting a war. It's the look of a man tired of fighting an inner battle."

"You know nothing of inner turmoil..."

"Try me," Malik replied with a grin. "Don't think I haven't seen how frequently you visit the Senate Chambers."

Anakin glared at him. "Don't think I haven't seen how friendly you and Serra Keto have become."

"Fair enough. So who are you visiting so often at the Senate?" Malik chuckled.

"None of your business," Anakin muttered, turning to leave.

"Anakin," Malik said to him. "In spite of our disagreements with the Council, don't forget how much good we have done and can still do. When it's all said and done... the Republic needs us. We owe it to the Republic to work out our inner demons."

Stopping for a moment, Anakin looked at the floor. "You are right, of course. Thank you for listening to my ramblings."

"Not at all. Take care of yourself. I'm around if you need to ramble again."

*****

A few days later, Malik Ran reported to Master Vokara Che, the chief Jedi Healer of the Order. She was a gruff old Twi'lek, yet highly accomplished in her field; most credited her for the Jedi Order having lost as few Jedi in the Clone Wars as they had. Malik himself was one of her best healers, though his methods were quite unorthodox as compared to others. While most healers relied on an intense connection to the living force, Malik used his vast anatomical knowledge to heal specific body parts through the Force. This allowed him to inspect them for damage on a far more intimate level than most could ever dream of. While some in the Order called this unnatural and against the balance of the Force, Malik had proved his worth time and time again by saving injured soldiers who would normally be beyond saving.

"Master Che," Malik said, stepping into her office.

"Ah, Malik, there you are. What can I do for you?"

"I understand that Master Obi-Wan Kenobi has been given the assignment of apprehending General Grievous. He's hiding out on Utapau, yes?"

"That is correct."

"I would like to accompany his battalion as their medic."

Shaking her head, Che replied, "I cannot in good conscience allow that, Malik. I admire your dedication, but you have served five consecutive tours of active duty already. You need to rest, lest you push yourself too hard."

"Master Che, this is the most crucial mission of the entire war! If Kenobi is successful, then the Separatists lose! Not to mention how many Jedi Grievous has already slain. They need me!"

"I have already assigned their medic, and their ship has long since departed. By now, they are already on Utapau. I'm sorry, Malik, but this matter is closed. Go home, rest, recover. You have served with honor and distinction, and will need your strength to continue to do so."

"I... yes, Master."

Malik took his leave, frustrated with Master Che's decision. Still, her logic was sound; he had been working overdrive for the latter half of the Clone Wars. Though he disagreed with her, he refused to allow his frustration to boil over into anger. He needed a calming presence. Taking the elevator down to the ground level of the Jedi Temple, Malik made for the Meditation Gardens.

Entering the serene green space, Malik's mind began to quiet. He always had his best thoughts here. In fact, this was where he first discovered his natural talent as a surgical healer, spurring him on to research how he could heal bodies too far gone under most normal circumstances. Yes, here he could make sense of anything. Here, he was in complete control of himself.

"Hello, Malik."

Turning, he saw Serra approaching. "Serra! Man, am I glad to see you!"

"I saw you heading this way. You always come here to think things over, so I figured I should check on you. Everything ok?"

"Yeah... it's just that Master Che denied my request to accompany Master Kenobi on his mission to Utapau. I'm the best medic in the Order, and it's the most crucial mission to date... yet here I am, stuck at home."

Serra moved closer, rubbing his shoulder with her hand. "She's right, you know. You've been pushing yourself so hard. Many of us have been worried about the amount of stress you're placing on yourself. I know you want to be out there in the thick of it, but you need to recover from all the good you've already done."

Sighing, Malik admitted, "You're right, Serra. Thanks. You always know just what to say."

"What can I say? We're good influences on each other," she replied with a sweet giggle.

Their eyes locked. The pair could feel that they were being drawn together. It was as if the Force itself was calling them. Serra's cheeks flushed. Malik's breaths became more labored. Unable to help herself, she leaned closer, beginning to move her lips closer to his, bit-by-bit. He was so kind, so honest. She couldn't help herself.

"Ahem."

The pair was startled by a voice from behind them. Spinning around, they found Master Mace Windu standing nearby, his arms crossed and wearing a facial expression of displeasure. They knew they had been caught.

"Serra, I just received word from Master Drallig. He needs to see you in his office right away," Windu said.

"I'll... go right now. Bye, Malik. I'll catch up with you later."

"Bye." As she left, Malik could not escape the glare of Master Windu. "M-Master, I can explain-"

"Walk with me," Windu said with calm conviction. As the pair strolled through the garden, he continued, "I know what you are feeling. It is, after all, human nature."

"Then why do I feel like I'm walking to the gallows?"

"Malik, you and I both know that we Jedi must hold ourselves to a higher standard than human nature. You accepted this in your promotion to Jedi Knight. The path you and Serra were about to start down may seem innocent and harmless now, but down the line leads to the Dark Side. Love may not be a dangerous emotion in and of itself, but it must come without condition. Choosing one individual above all others... that is a dangerous condition."

"I understand your premise, but I disagree with your conclusion," Malik replied.

"The Council's wise words often contradict each other. One minute, Master Yoda talks about how the future is ever dependent on our choices. The next, you talk of destiny and the unavoidable lure of the Dark Side. I agree with the ideals, but there must be a more practical way to achieve them."

"I know. You're not the first, and you won't be the last. In truth, this is a somewhat common issue for us to work through. Again, human nature." Turning to him with a stern look, he continued, "You may disagree with the Council if you wish, in words. You may be looked upon with disapproval, but you won't lose your career."

"And be branded a Gray Jedi..."

"I don't think that's warranted. A Gray Jedi actively calls upon both the Dark and the Light Sides of the Force without being devoted to or consumed by either. But if you take any action in your disagreements with the council... such a title might make sense in that case."

"Perhaps... but this does bring up a question that's been rattling around inside my mind," Malik said.

"What is that?"

"What happens to the Jedi Order once the war ends? Is it really as simple as us going back to the way things were before? After all, many citizens of the Republic have grown to resent us, thinking that we were the catalyst that started the war in the first place."

Windu sighed. "No, it's not that simple. How I wish it were. As much as the Council tries to hold to our traditions and ideals, we cannot deny the drastic changes the Republic is undergoing. I suppose... some changes in the Jedi Order may be inevitable. What those changes look like, I cannot be certain. But one thing I am certain of is our need for Jedi like you, Malik. You see things from a certain point of view, one that can at times provide you greater insight into a situation that would baffle some of the more traditionalist Jedi. Those like you and Serra Keto... you will be necessary to ensure our future. Of this I have no doubt."

"Does that mean Serra and I would be placed on the Council?" Malik asked with a sly grin.

"Don't get your hopes up," Windu fired back with a smile. "The Council remains... quite discerning in regards to its membership."

Malik's face turned serious. "Is that why Anakin Skywalker was allowed onto the Council yet not granted the rank of Master?"

"Don't concern yourself with that situation. It's beyond the scope of your influence, and thus should not be dwelt on."

"Fair enough."

As the sun began to sink in the late afternoon, Master Windu's holocom signaled an incoming transmission.

"This is Master Windu."

"Master Windu, it is Master Kenobi."

"Obi-Wan! You alright? Did you find Grievous?"

"I did. I have just destroyed him in combat. He's gone. My battalion has moved in and is working with the warriors of Utapau to liberate the system. It will not be long."

"Excellent work! I'll deliver this information to the Chancellor. I only hope he reacts... favorably."

"I understand. May the Force be with you, Master."

"And with you as well, Obi-Wan."

"Well, that's great news!" Malik said.

"It is. I have some business to attend to. Malik, I would ask that you meditate on everything we have discussed today. I sense that you are still conflicted, and I do not wish that for you. I would also recommend some time away from Serra for now, so that you may both think more clearly."

"I understand, Master."

Bowing to each other, the two Jedi parted ways, Windu heading for the hangar and Malik for his quarters. Once there, he meditated for an hour or so, attempting to come to terms with his inner conflict. He found little success, and was still torn between the code of the Jedi and his growing fondness for Serra.

Every time he tried to convince himself to leave her be, he began to feel a tug from the Force, something telling him that it was not the right course of action. Now as confused as ever, he exited the Jedi Temple to get some fresh air.

As he traveled through the skies of Coruscant in his airspeeder, Malik began to feel more at ease. Flying in his favorite open-cockpit vehicle was always a freeing experience that allowed his concerns and worries to melt away. As he merged into a skylane, Malik saw that he was approaching the residential area for many of the senators of the Republic. As mundane an experience as that would be under most circumstances, something odd caught his eye. Up on the higher floors of one of the apartment buildings, he could have sworn he saw the flash of a lightsaber.

"Huh, strange," he muttered, slowing and pulling out his electrobinoculars. As he zoomed in, he realized, "That's Chancellor Palpatine's apartment!"

Thinking the Chancellor was under attack, he set his airspeeder on autopilot, bringing him closer while also allowing him to continue to monitor the situation from afar. As the apartment came into view, Malik was shocked by what he saw: Master Windu was fighting the Chancellor, and both had lightsabers! All of a sudden, a brilliant flash blinded him for the moment, forcing him to look away. As he looked back, he now saw that the Chancellor was attacking Master Windu with Force Lightning.

"No... the Chancellor's a Sith?!"

Realizing he had not a moment to lose, Malik resumed control of the airspeeder and rocketed towards the apartment to render aid. He began to sense a growing presence of the Dark Side in the apartment, and was now worried that Master Windu could be outnumbered. Feeling a sudden burst of dark power, Malik looked up just in time to see Master Windu being blasted from the apartment window by the Chancellor's Force Lightning. He adjusted course and aligned his speed with Windu's to be able to safely catch him.

"Master Windu! Hang on!"

The Jedi's form was easy to spot against the backdrop of the building, as his body still sparked and crackled from the Chancellor's blast. With great effort, he managed to catch him at last just as Master Windu was about to be hit by an oncoming airspeeder. Malik laid him across the back seat and began to inspect him, knowing he would need to work quickly to save his life.

123
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Celebrities & Fan Fiction
  • /
  • Gray Jedi Ch. 01

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 18 milliseconds