• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • The Day I Died

The Day I Died

1234

The following two-part story is a work of fiction and does not depict any actual persons or events. Any likeness to actual persons or events is purely coincidental. All parties engaging in sexual activity are of legal age of 18 and consenting adults. This is for entertainment purposes and is not an avocation for the activities contained herein. I need to seriously thank my wife and Kevin for their suggestions, enhancing, and help with editing. There is sex in the story but comes mainly in the second part; Helen's Story. Please take a moment and vote if you like the story. Thanks.

*****

When I regained some semblance of consciousness the room was full of bright lights, and I sensed people pulling and tugging on my body, but I felt no pain, just a mental awareness. Am I dead, is this what death feels like? Were people harvesting my organs for someone else to use? I sensed wires and tubes everywhere; then I remember someone saying, "he's coming to," and then I passed out again.

I was kept in a medically induced coma for three days before being allowed to regain consciousness. It's amazing how a doctor can induce a comatose state then reverse it so quickly without complications or ill effects.

I opened my eyes, and my family was surrounding the bed, my wife, Helen, next to me on my right and my five children surrounding the bed. At this point, I had little memory of what happened or why I was in the hospital.

My loving wife looked at me and said, "dear, you have scared us this time, but you are going to be ok now."

I looked at Helen and asked, "What happened?"

"One of the stents that was inserted when you had your triple bypass surgery failed. It was the graft that needed a stent a month later. It was just too weak and collapsed around the stent which in turn stopped the blood flow."

Suddenly, parts of my memory returned. The previous year, after my annual check-up, my doctor found blockages near my heart and ordered immediate triple bypass surgery. This procedure is open heart surgery and very complicated. Vessels were harvested from other parts of my body and replaced the damaged or blocked blood vessels. About a month after the surgery, further tests revealed one graft did not take as well as the other two, and a stent was put in to strengthen it. Until now we thought everything was ok.

Because of the complications, I was off work for almost six months. I followed my doctor's instructions to the letter, lost weight, joined a gym for exercise, and was very careful what I ate and drank. Helen, my wife, was my biggest supporter and was right there with me throughout. When I exercised, she did as well, and even ate what I ate. My weight dropped 40 pounds within the next six months, and Helen lost 20 pounds while firming up her now trim 49-year-old body. She looked as good as she did when we married and there was not a wrinkle or ounce of fat in sight.

I met Helen in college, she was a freshman and only 18, while I was a 20-year-old junior. Within a few weeks, we were dating exclusively. The next year we found an apartment and moved in together. I was to graduate that year while Helen would be entering her third year of college. I convinced my parents that I needed an MBA to land a good job, and they quickly agreed. That kept Helen and I together until she got her degree and by then I had completed my master's, so on a warm June day following our graduation, Helen and I were married.

Reflecting back, we had the perfect marriage; we did everything together, and not just because of the same interests but because we wanted to be together. Something called love I believe. Five kids came along within the first seven years and finally after the last one I got a little snip. We have always been very family oriented, and our children were as devoted to us as we were to them.

Family life with five kids (three girls and two boys) kept us busy, and we worked very hard to stay out of debt. One of us was always taking one or all of them somewhere. We kept them involved with karate, judo, ballet, dance, piano, baseball, soccer or something else. They weren't all athletes but did enjoy participating and learned many valuable life lessons during the process. Before we knew it they were off to college, one after the other, then in the same process were married. Helen and I assumed all the college loans as well as marriage costs because we wanted to give our kids the best start possible without loans over their head. We had saved for all this, but boy did I feel broke and would be in debt for another ten years, but Helen and I were still young and had many more years to work and save for our retirement. We didn't regret a penny we spent on the kid's education or marriage. It was money well invested and even though I realized we missed vacations to exotic places like the Caribbean and Europe I never regretted the money we spent ensuring our kids got the right start in life.

After my dad had retired, I took over his large insurance business in Plano, Texas. We had three brokers and two office staff, and they were kept very busy. Helen, waited until our youngest was in school and then went to work for a pharmaceutical company in Dallas. She was a sales rep and had to visit doctor's offices in the area promoting new drugs and giving them samples to pass on to patients. Helen was very much an extrovert and was perfect for the job.

Helen's looks didn't hurt her job either. She is 5'9" and always wears 3" heels which make her 6' tall. She has long shiny strawberry blonde hair that over the past few years was slowly turning gray. She is careful when out in the hot sun to keep everything covered to protect her skin. I love her alabaster complexion, every freckle on her body and blue eyes. I need to add that her nipples are pure pink as is her labia. I can get turned on just looking at all that pink! Her weight, before working out with me was about 140, and I thought that looked damn good on her but after diet and working out she got herself down to her college weight of 120. Her breasts are conical shaped B cup tipped with large puffy nipples that only get erect when aroused. She breastfed all of our children, and that left her nipples huge.

Our sex life has always been full and completely satisfying. We have tried everything together and are always open to new ideas from the other. Neither of us has felt the need to stray, and we have never even had a chat about what it might be like. I am not a jealous man and sometimes allow others to dance with Helen when the opportunity arose. Helen never permitted any of these men to have roving hands. We aren't big into dancing, but we do at company Christmas parties or other business related events.

My name is Edward, but most call me Ed. Unlike Helen, I have changed over the years. My hair is quickly turning gray, I have gained weight, and allowed myself to get out of shape. Through exercise and diet I now have a new body. Now, does that make me a bad husband? Not at all, I think of myself as a romantic, and a very committed soulmate to Helen. We have romantic nights out every Friday or Saturday, she has fresh flowers delivered to her office every week, and our sex life was simply amazing. Now, because of my heart issues our sex life has slackened off but I try to insure Helen is kept satisfied. Helen and I both work hard to make our marriage work, and I think we do a great job. Simply put, we have a wonderful life together sharing our love for each other.

After my family had left, I discovered I was in ICU and would spend several days there. The doctors were very concerned about brain damage and wanted me kept under constant surveillance. I didn't understand what brain damage had to do with my heart, but I was far too weak to either ask or argue.

My family returned that night and spent a couple of hours with me. Helen would look at me, and I could see the sadness in her eyes. I told her I was going to be ok, and there was no need to be sad. She remained silent.

The next morning, I was visited by a police officer. I asked him if I had broken the law? He looked at me and laughed, "no you didn't break any law, I was the first person on the scene after you triggered the alarm."

"You obviously played a large part in saving my life. I will forever be in your debt."

"No, it's just part of my job, I was glad I was nearby and was able to get there as soon as I did."

"I have little memory so can you tell me exactly what happened?"

"Well, I can tell you what I know, and you may have to feel in the spaces."

"Around 2:00 AM last Friday night I received notification of an alarm coming from your house. I was on scene within minutes and waiting for back-up as we thought there was a burglar inside that had tripped the alarm. The alarm company tried calling you, first on your house phone, then your cell phone, then your wife's cell phone. Only your wife answered, but she was in Denver and had no clue what was going on but said you should be in the house and referred us back to you.

I then started walking around the house and looking for evidence of a break-in. I could not find any proof of a break-in so using my flashlight I began looking in the windows. Finally, in the back of the house, I saw you lying unconscious on the floor in the kitchen. I had to break the door to gain entry and upon a quick examination, I thought you likely had a heart attack. I immediately called for emergency services and began giving you CPR. The fire department was first on the scene, and they are all trained EMT's so I let them take over treatment. Finally, an ambulance arrived, and you were rushed here to the hospital for treatment."

"I notified my office that I had to break your back door to enter your house and since your wife was in Denver and you were in the hospital I was told to remain at the house until the door could be secured. A carpenter was called to nail plywood across the door to secure it. I also called the alarm company to silence the alarm."

"Before leaving the house, I tried to clean up the kitchen. The EMT's and ambulance crew had left it a bit untidy. Amongst the mess, I found your cell phone which I am returning to you now, and that is all I know."

From what the officer told me I was able to fill in some of the holes in the story. I remember waking up with severe chest pains. I got up to get a drink of water and take an aspirin but only got as far as the refrigerator before collapsing against it. The panel for the alarm was right next to me, and I somehow found the strength to press the panic button.

I dropped to me knees knowing I was in serious trouble and wanting to see my wife's face one more time, I managed to say, "Hey Siri, Facetime Helen." A few seconds later a nude Helen appeared asking what was wrong but by then the alarm was blaring, and I could neither hear or respond. She was obviously nude, and her nipples were hard as a rock as they are when sexually aroused. Sleeping in the nude isn't an uncommon way for her to sleep, but the hand that appeared on her shoulder should not have been there. That is when I passed out and would have died had it not been for the perseverance of the deputy.

Late that afternoon, I finally saw the heart doctor. I had either been in a coma, passed out from drugs, or asleep when he had previously visited. "Ed, you may be the luckiest man I have ever treated."

I didn't know how to respond to that, so I just asked, "Why?"

"In any medical world, you should not have survived. I don't know how long you were on the floor before that deputy found you, but when he eventually broke into your house and got to you, I think you had stopped breathing. I have no clue how long your brain had been denied oxygen but it was certainly long enough to possibly cause damage which is why we had to keep you in a coma for three days. He began CPR long enough to keep you going until the fire department arrived and took over. The ambulance crew thought they lost you twice on the way to the hospital. Once they had to stop the ambulance, and both team members had to perform CPR before they could continue. It was touch and go even after you got to the hospital. That graft that was inserted last year just wore out. We were concerned about it from the start which is why we later put a stent in but unfortunately it failed. You have to know; you did nothing wrong. You have lost weight, exercised, and stayed on a diet. You have done everything I asked you to do. I am not sure if you have any damage to the brain yet but at the moment I don't think you do."

About that time Helen arrived and the doctor went through all that again for her. She came over and kissed me and then, right in front of her and the doctor, I had a heart attack. Thankfully, I was still in ICU, and the doctor was right there and after stabilizing me, I was back in surgery. Four hours later I was back in ICU, with fresh tubes and electrodes.

When I woke up, Helen was right there by my side. She said welcome back and kissed me. Because the memories of that night I was absolutely heartbroken. My loving wife of 30 years had cheated on me. I realized I was in no shape to either confront her or discuss the matter, so I just acted like it was hard for me to talk. I did realize at some point there would have to be a discussion but how could I prevent myself from saying that I knew of her cheating. Was it an affair? I didn't know.

I was in the hospital for a total of three weeks before being released. I was instructed to take it easy at home, not lift anything over five pounds, and no sex. Avoiding a sexual relationship wasn't hard because I wasn't sure I would ever be able to have a sexual relationship again with Helen.

They say time heals all wounds but not for me. My heart was healing but not my heartache. Part of my heart felt like a hole had been bored through it, and I wasn't sure it was repairable. Helen took time off from work and nursed me night and day. I knew she loved me, but I wasn't sure I could ever return that love.

We had been together long enough for her to sense that I was unhappy, and there was something serious bothering me. Finally, after I had been home about three weeks we finally sat down to talk. "Ed, I have known since your attack that something serious is bothering you so can you please tell me what's wrong?"

"Yes, actually what you have done may have made my situation worse. I know, so I want you to tell me everything but please start with why?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I know you have had and may still be having an affair."

"That's ridiculous, how can you accuse me of that?"

"Do you want me to show you proof? Are you that stupid, why can't you be honest and just tell me?"

"There is no proof, and I have not been unfaithful. I don't understand how you can even sit there and accuse me of anything such as this. You must be mad."

Do you remember me calling on Facetime the night I died? Do you remember how hard your nipples were and then a hand appeared on your shoulder and someone saying "Honey, is it about that damn alarm again?" I saw it all, and it will be in memory bank forever. Actually, I had not heard a word but Helen didn't know that.

"Do you need any more proof? You have broken our marriage vows and disappeared on a bogus trip to be with your lover. Yes, I know it was bogus because I called your HR and they said you took two personal days. I cannot begin to tell you of the hurt and pain you have caused me. I almost died and all this just made my recovery worse. Do you understand now why I have been so cold the past four weeks? Now once again, I want the whole story starting with why. If you choose not to answer, then I expect you to pack a bag and leave."

"Ed, this is painful, are you sure you want me to tell you?"

"I told you if you choose not to answer then pack your bags and leave. I am not going to sit here and listen to your lies."

"Ok, I will tell you, but I would prefer not to. Please don't threaten me until I tell you everything and if you want me to leave, then I will."

I sat there staring at her until she continued, "I need to start four months ago at my company Christmas party. Do you remember warning me about the guy who had his hands all over me while dancing?"

"Yes, I was so angry I wanted to confront him. Please don't tell me you had an affair with him?"

"Well, please be assured we have not had an affair. David is my immediate boss and since he started working in Dallas last fall he has been putting the make on me. I have always been able to shoot him down without a problem. I wasn't and am still not interested in extramarital sex."

"I guess I am confused but did you or didn't you just travel to Denver with him and spend two days and nights in the same hotel room and, please tell me that was just platonic, and you didn't have sex."

"Ed, yes we had sex. He wanted it night and day, and I regret every second of that weekend too."

"Oh, I bet he made you have dozens of orgasms. I know how you are once you get started. I even bet he is younger than me and in great shape. You are really making me feel good about this."

"Yes, he is 15 years younger than we are and his body is hard as a rock. His dick is only the same size as yours if that makes you feel better. Can we stop and let me finish my story?"

"Ok, go ahead, I'm all ears."

"Three months ago I had my annual evaluation. David knew that I have been doing the same job for almost 15 years and asked if I was going to continue doing that until I retired. You know I have been unhappy with all the driving around Dallas that I have to do, and the traffic just keeps getting worse. He asked why I never put in for a promotion. I told him I had applied for his job, but they selected him from the Atlanta office. He then explained he was on a short-list for a promotion, and his job would be available again. I told him I was very interested in the opportunity to advance. He then asked how far I was prepared to go? I asked him what he wanted, and he explained that he wanted sex and if I agreed he would guarantee that I got his job."

My mouth was hanging open, Helen was being blackmailed and had agreed to the bastard's desires.

"I told him that was blackmail and could get him into a lot of trouble. He said it was between him and me and nobody else. I explained I was very happily married and did not want to do anything that would put my marriage in jeopardy. He assured me that all he wanted was one weekend, and then he would make sure I got promoted."

"Helen, why did you fall for that? I have been after you for years to quit that job. We don't need your income and with me sick last year and now ill again you have taken weeks off without pay. It will take us a little longer to pay off our debt, but we will manage."

"I know we don't need the money, but I enjoy keeping busy besides with the kids' college and marriages we needed the extra income to pay off their loans. I really, for the most part, enjoy what I do, just not the driving or dealing with my boss."

"So, before you finish your story, have you gotten your promotion?"

"No, apparently, he didn't get the promotion, so he is still there."

I was getting angry, "Do you mean you spent the weekend fucking that shit for brains and didn't get promoted?"

Helen was visibly shaken and had started crying. "I would never have agreed if I thought he wouldn't honor his word."

"So finish your story."

"He kept after me every day at work. I kept telling him I didn't want to cause any problems with my marriage. Then he started using bullying tactics and about six weeks ago I finally agreed. We made up a story about attending a management meeting in Denver and picked the weekend. We were to go Thursday morning and return Saturday. He made all the arrangements."

1234
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • The Day I Died

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 16 milliseconds