• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • Semper Fidelis Ch. 03

Semper Fidelis Ch. 03

123

The chronological order of my stories is now listed in WifeWatchman's biography.

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, language and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racial language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

Part 12 - One Step Ahead

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" said the lovely redheaded reporterette at 7:00am, Monday, March 21st. "It is hard to believe it's now Spring with all this snow on the ground, but the Channel Two News Weather Center says that last night's snow was the last storm of the season, and we should soon be thawing out with warmer temperatures!"

Bettina then got to the news: "It is already getting hot politically, as the highly-charged situation of the SBI Raid that killed Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeant Manuel Guernica is now the center of barbs and mudslinging between State politicians and Police Commander Donald Troy! After Commander Troy vowed to stick by the slain Marine and get Justice for him, he has come under withering political and personal attacks."

The tape showed Katherine Woodburn making a speech at the University, where she said "I have called upon the SBI's Office of Ethics and Review to suspend Commander Troy from all law enforcement duties and investigate him for corruption. I have given the SBI evidence of Commander Troy's illegal tactics in solving some of the crimes he has been credited with closing. I do not understand why there has been no action upon my requests."

Bettina then said "Asked for a comment, Commander Troy replied that he declines to be bullied and intimidated by politicians covering for corrupt and murderous SBI Agents, and that he will continue to pursue the case relentlessly until the alleged criminals have their day in Court."

"In political news," said Bettina, "Governor Val Jared says he will not participate in the debate being set up by Fox News Midtown, citing that he will be running on his record, not Sean Stockton's rhetoric. Stockton called upon Governor Jared to accept the debate challenge. Meanwhile, Channel Two News has learned that Senator Stockton is being pressured to drop out of the race, and sources tell Channel Two News that a meeting between the Republican contenders might happen as early as today."

"And another political hot potato has emerged in Midtown." said Bettina. "Experts are telling Channel Two News that with SBI Director running against Governor Jared, who is widely expected to easily win the Republican nomination, it will be difficult for the SBI to communicate with the Governor's office, and vice versa. Republicans have called upon Director Lewis to take a leave of absence from the SBI while he runs for Governor, but Mr. Lewis has refused, stating that Governor Jared should likewise take a leave of absence. Channel Two News has learned that each side will likely set up liaisons to avoid communication problems during the Election season. And now to Nick Eastwood for Sports! When are we going to get to play baseball, Nick?..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Okay," said Cindy Ross, coming into MCD, "are you guys ready for some real news?" Everyone murmured that they were as Cindy came up alongside me.

"Mrs. Milton," Cindy called out. "Don't keep us in suspense. Roll that beautiful footage."

"Yes ma'am." said Mary. She took over the monitor on the wall we'd been watching Bettina on, and rolled a video.

My eyes widened as I watched... myself. It was a Youtube video of my press conference from the previous Friday, where I ripped the reporters and supported the Marine Corps. The curse words were silenced out (thank goodness), but the message of support for the Marine Corps was clear.

"This is going viral and is hot stuff right now." Cindy said. "The comments are 90% positive and are nationwide. Welcome to the big-time, Commander." After hearing the tape, the other Detectives in the room clapped for me."

"Guys," I said, "I appreciate the sentiment, but this is a 'teachable moment'." That got some groans as I continued: "This could easily be a very ugly exchange in a press conference. It could easily be a police officer beating someone to death, shooting a dog, or shooting a person in cold blood. Our jobs are hard now... and you have to be aware of people out there with the desire to make it worse for you."

"Understood, sir." said Cindy. "But we're still loving how you kicked the Media's ass yesterday." A chorus of support rang forth.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

SBI Public Relations Director Michael Horner came up to the podium in the Westphalia offices of the SBI. "Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. I am here today to show that the man that was killed in the SBI raid last week was indeed a drug distributor, having set up pipelines from Afghanistan to America, and bringing in millions of dollars worth of opiates to sell to our children. The SBI's actions in this case were correct, and we are taking action to gain their release after being illegally arrested by Commander Troy of the TCPD."

Horner gave dates of Guernica in Afghanistan, and gave details of the drug pipeline. He also reminded reporters of the Iron Crowbar stopping an SBI drug raid with machine gun fire. "Commander Donald Troy always seems to take the side of the drug offenders, and that needs to be investigated."

"We also ask how Commander Troy and his Officers arrived at the scene of the crime so quickly." continued Horner. "There is no way they could've gotten there just three minutes after our heroic agents, unless they knew we were coming. And that would imply their complicity in the death of Guernica."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Old news." I said at the press conference less than an hour later, referring to a question about the machine-gun incident. "Move along. Next question."

"The SBI laid out a strong case of Guernica's drug pipeline." said John Hardwood. "Are you sure you want to continue defending this criminal?"

"Okay," I said, "you said the dates were---" I named dates, Hardwood confirmed them.

"Well, the funny thing..." I said, bringing out a sheaf of documents and hurling them at Hardwood, hitting him in the chest, "... is that those documents will prove that on those dates, Guernica was in Iraq, had not set foot in Afghanistan and would not do so for many months into the future. You can confirm that information with both the Pentagon and the FBI.

"So I would ask why Director Jack Lewis's SBI not only murdered Gunny Guernica, but have now committed criminal slander against him with a false smear campaign. Take your time and get a good, well researched answer on that, Mr. Hardwood. Maybe Director Lewis can himself explain why his SBI is now trying to smear the good name of a Marine they murdered, as well as trying to smear my name."

I could feel the hatred of the Press as they realized I was playing them like the fish they were. "So," I said as I prepared to leave the podium, "is this Press conference going to be on Youtube also, like the last one was?" The Media members looked confused, and talk between them began. "Look it up!" I said as I walked down the aisle and out of the Press Room.

Part 13 - Cutting Bait

"Come in, Sean." said Val Jared as the State Senator and candidate for Governor was ushered into the office. It was the private office of the Governor, a small room behind the large public office. "Can I offer you some coffee, tea, water?"

"No thank you, Governor." said Stockton. He sat down at the designated seat opposite the Governor at the small table.

"Sean, we've been friends for years, and we've worked together and fought a lot of political battles together." said Jared. "So I obviously do not want to go through a deeply painful primary process against you."

"Then why did you run again, Governor?" asked Stockton. "If you'd run from the beginning, I never would've gotten in. Now I look like a total fool."

"Nonsense, Sean." said Jared. "And call me Val while we're in here having this private meeting."

"I could not be so disrespectful, Governor." said Stockton, meaning it as a gesture of respect.

"Look." said Jared. "I am prepared to offer you one of several positions when I win re-election. I'm going to need a new SBI Director, that's for sure. I'm also probably going to need a new Attorney General, or one of the new Regional Director positions we're creating."

"I appreciate it, Governor," said Stockton, "but I'm a Legislator, first and foremost. I'll still have my State Senate seat."

"And you can fight Katherine Woodburn every step of the way as she attempts to consolidate power in the State Senate." said Val Jared. "Or... you can run the SBI and make it into a much better organization, give it the integrity it needs so badly."

"So you drop out," said Jared, "you get your campaign debts paid off, you'll have something in my administration or you can stay in the Legislature, and you grow the name recognition and get ready to run for Governor again in four years."

"All right." said Stockton, pretending to concede, now getting what he wanted and needed in the face of the inevitable. "I'll drop out and endorse you, and we'll see where it goes. I just have one question, and just for my personal curiosity."

"Sure, go ahead."

"Why did you get back in?"

Val Jared nodded, his face something of a grimace. "It's like this, Sean. I was ready to let it all go and retire, and then this thing with the Marine came up. I support the Marines. My daddy was a Marine, and he loved the Corps more than he loved my mama and me. Jack Lewis and his thugs murdered that Marine, then just tried to cover it up by smearing his name. Thank God for the Iron Crowbar, though. He is going to shove the Crowbar of Justice so far up Pelletier's ass that Pelletier will be shitting nails for the rest of his worthless life."

"Some people don't like that man, the Iron Crowbar." said Stockton. "Be careful of him."

"That man is going to clean up the SBI, after he finishes with what he's working on now." said Jared. "You have no idea of what he is uprooting in this State and this Nation. But anyway, back to the SBI. I can see that Jack Lewis has turned it into a den of corruption. He has destroyed the reputation of what was once the best State Law Enforcement organization in the Nation. And so... I'm running to keep Jack Lewis from doing to the State what he did to the SBI... and to clean up the SBI in the next four years before I retire."

Stockton nodded, accepting the explanation. He did not know that it was only partly the truth.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Who in the hell put that out there?" asked Jack Lewis. "I mean... didn't you guys know that the Iron Crowbar could check the veracity of that data? Even if the Media wasn't going to? Hell, especially if the Press wasn't going to..."

Deputy SBI Director Robert Gaston said "We got that data from the Pentagon. We double-checked it with our people in the FBI, people we can trust. It looked good. The data looked good. And only after we ran with it did it come out about the attempted cyber-attack to change the data, and the Iron Crowbar having the real information."

"I'd say we were set up." said SBI-NTF Director Richard 'Dick' Ferrell, his droopy mustaches wilting even more with his depression.

"You are actually going to sit there and tell me the Pentagon and FBI used some of their immensely valuable time to concoct this scheme to fuck with us?" replied Lewis. "C'mon, Dick, that's beneath you."

"With respect, sir," said Ferrell, "they don't like us as it is, and now they're pissed at the treatment of their Marine. This makes us look even worse now. And don't forget that the Iron Crowbar is working with the FBI, and his wife is... well, you know who she works for."

"And you'll be telling me next," said Lewis, "that the Media helped out by letting the Iron Crowbar humiliate them in that video that went viral. My God, that was better for Val Jared than any advertising his idiots of the State Republican Party could've dreamed of, and he got it for free."

Just then there was a knock on the door, and Lewis's assistant looked in. "Sir, they're ready for the meeting now."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the lovely MILF reporterette at 10:00am, still Monday March 21st. "We now go to the State Capitol in Midtown for a breaking announcement! Nick, are you there?"

"Yes, Bettina!" shouted Nick Eastwood from among the throng of reporters in the main atrium of the State Capitol. "I was here to cover the Conference meetings when we were alerted that State Senator Sean Stockton was going to speak now, at 10:00am. Oh... here he comes now!"

The cameras all went to Sen. Stockton as he came to the bank of microphones on the podium. "Thank you for coming on such short notice." said Stockton. "Today I am suspending my campaign for Governor of this great State. While I am proud of the great campaign we ran, and while I greatly appreciate the effort my staff and many volunteers have made, I also understand the need for Republican Party unity behind the best candidate possible. Therefore, I am endorsing Governor Val Jared for another term as your Governor..."

"And there you have it." Nick Eastwood said. "Senator Stockton has bowed out of the race for Governor. It's going to be Val Jared vs. Jack Lewis."

Bettina said "Great job covering politics for us, Nick! A lot different than Sports, I would guess."

Eastwood flashed his brilliant smile as he said "Not as much as you think, Bettina! When it comes to our Conference, things can get really political... and make the Governor's race look like a tiddlywinks match..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The applause died down as Jack Lewis's campaign group, Democrat legislators, and staffers turned from the televised announcement of Stockton dropping out of the race.

"Okay, guys, that's one down and one to go." Lewis said. "But in reality, this only helps the enemy gather around one candidate. Okay, Queenie, what do you have for me?"

"Sir," said the Queen of Opposition Research, "your numbers did begin to slip after the SBI shot that dirty Marine baby-killer. You're now behind 48-45, with Libertarian candidate Blade Schwartz at 2%, and five percent undecided."

"Okay, guys." said Lewis. "Let's not speak such rhetoric out loud. As you might know, things get put on Youtube, and those things can hurt us."

He stood up to address everyone clearly. "Guys, I don't know who did it, I don't know what happened about that data, but I do know one thing. There comes a time to fish, and a time to cut bait. We... are going to have to cut bait on this one. We'll do what we can for our arrested SBI Agents as far as legal representation. But we can do no more for them. They're on their own..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

In the room were Lewis, Ferrell, Gaston, State Senators Richard Langdon and Katherine Woodburn, and the Queen of Opposition Research.

"Queenie, as much as we agree with your earlier comments, I would recommend that you don't say that about the Marines in front of the Iron Crowbar." Jack Lewis said.

"What's he going to do? Kill me?" asked the Queen of Opposition research, poster child of the Leftist Millennials, with little respect for anyone or anything.

Katherine Woodburn spoke up and said "Yes, Queenie. He just might. If the Iron Crowbar heard you say that, you very well might be found dead in a dumpster. And I am not kidding about that. Remember what happened to me after that Police dog was killed. Remember what happened to Senator Langdon. Remember what happened to Henry R. Wargrave.

"With Commander Donald Troy, the Iron Crowbar... " Katherine continued, choosing her words carefully, "...the normal rules we hold the Republicans to, the rules of decency that we demand the common people follow but we are above... the Iron Crowbar cannot be held to. He does not play the Game the normal way. He simply does not care."

"Good Lord, Katherine..." said Jack Lewis. Robert Gaston was totally shocked.

"She's right." said Richard Langdon, a cold-blooded killer himself. "The Iron Crowbar has put us off our game by playing on different terms... sometimes our own terms."

"Yes, but why say it out loud?" said Gaston.

"To make a point." said Katherine Woodburn. "I told you before that plans are being put into effect to destroy the Iron Crowbar, the only man who is a real threat to us. We will do this in two ways. First, we will use his own actions against him. We will destroy his reputation." She paused for effect.

"And second?" asked Jack Lewis.

"Also as I said before: we have a friend, a great great friend, who is going to take care of that for us." said Katherine. "He is going to obliterate the Iron Crowbar... and every member of his family of every generation. There will be nothing left of the Iron Crowbar when this great man gets done with him. Nothing, including the Iron Crowbar's filthy progeny... nor anyone who shares his blood..."

Part 14 - The Tipster

"Great news!" said Paulina. "The Grand Jury brought indictments against the five SBI Agents who didn't take deals. Krasney is going to let me run with it, too. I've already filed the formal charges, and with an 'aggravating circumstances' for Pelletier. I'm going for the death penalty for him."

"That's great!" I said, smiling for the first time in a while. "By the way, what about Assistant Fire Chief Jefferson?"

Paulina frowned, then got a resigned look on her face. "Krasney offered to drop the charges in exchange for Jefferson dropping his lawsuit against the Council and you. Jefferson told Krasney to pound sand. Krasney gave it one last shot to get Jefferson to cop a plea, but Jefferson refused and even dared Krasney to take it to trial. So Krasney now is making the excuse that he thinks Jefferson wants to use the Courtroom as a stage to attack you, and he doesn't want to give Jefferson that stage."

"He's going to drop it, then." I said. "And that pisses me off. Stay here and listen to this." I picked up the phone and called my attorney, Bernadette Gillem.

"Hi... this is Don Troy... yes, fine, how are you?... listen, did you file that countersuit against Jefferson?... well, can you file it on my behalf, since he named me in the suit?... okay, thanks. Yes, file it... okay, bye." I hung up.

"Okay," I said, "I've joined the battle. Krasney can offer whatever he wants, but I've flied a countersuit to Jefferson's, at least the parts where I'm personally named, and I won't drop it."

Paulina grimaced as she looked at me. "You know you could lose your indemnification over that." she said.

"I don't care." I said. "I bought my own liability insurance years ago. So you can tell Krasney that his efforts to bury this are fruitless, and he might as well go all in and bring the charges."

"I'll tell him." said Paulina as she got up to go. As she was walking to the door, she turned back. "Don," she asked. "Why do you always have to escalate things? Why do you always pour gasoline on the fires others are trying to put out?"

"Because, Paulina..." I replied, "... if others won't do the right things, and stand up for Justice... then I'm left with no choice but to fight for myself, and my own way."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Noon, at the Cop Bar. Jack had brought his entire FBI Team, and I'd brought Cindy and Martin Nash.

123
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • Semper Fidelis Ch. 03

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 133 milliseconds