• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • Her American Soldier Ch. 01

Her American Soldier Ch. 01

Chapter 1: Sergeant Rambo

Sallie Rambo watched as her best friend grasped onto his glass of beer and raised it to her.

"To Sallie," Brigadier General Billings said brightly. "For levelling up to Sergeant Rambo!"

Touched by the sentimental toast, Sallie smirked, flapping a hand at him as she looked away.

"Oh, hush you," The British soldier giggled playfully.

"Now, this begins the journey of you taking charge of the Soldiers,"

Sallie blinked, then looked around the stuffy bar where the majority of the soldiers came after a long day of drill. She then gazed back at Billings, her giggling ceased.

"Taking charge? Don't you mean just 'being with them for support, and if they need answers'?"

Brightly, Billings shook his head.

"Nope, you can actually take charge of the soldiers and you have more authority,"

Sallie frowned, her eyes falling to her mug of coffee. She wasn't sure what triggered it, but a small voice inside her head reassured her that she will fail this new rank, how comical it almost seemed to be with a five foot four Sergeant shouting commands at soldiers who were much taller than her, the smallest possibly being six foot. She didn't mind standing beside the other Drill Sergeants, shadowing them, as her superiors took command of the platoon. But now that she had been given a promotion to become a Sergeant, she felt anything but merriment.

Of course, it was impossible for her to hide the emotions that battled on her face from Brigadier General Billings. He had been best friends with her since high school, and had been by her side up until he joined the army to become an Officer. Thankfully, Sallie had followed Billings' trail, and they were reunited after a few years of separation. Now, they were by each other's side like the good old days in high School. Nothing has changed between them, with the exception of their ranks. Billings being of higher rank, he doesn't see her as much as he would like to. But he was grateful that they joined in the same platoon.

It was Billings' turn to drop his smile.

"What's wrong, Sal?"

Sallie abruptly shook her head.

"Ehh, I don't know," She placed the heel of her palm against her face. "I know I should be joyful, but I just can't find myself feeling so. I think I'm just nervous,"

"It's understandable," Billings nodded. "It's a pretty big step, but you'll get used to it. Plus, you'll probably be guided as well. I heard that General Russell has assigned a few more soldiers to join us, including a Master Sergeant,"

Sallie's eyes sparked.

"Master Sergeant? So...he, or she, will be guiding me?"

"Most likely. I doubt the General would just let you hang like that. Let's be honest," He smirked as he lifted his glass to his lips. "You're not exactly the most intimidating Sergeant,"

Sallie mustered a tight smirk as she glared at Billings playfully, though it didn't stop her from agreeing with him.

"That's what worries me too," She sighed, planting both of her elbows onto the table and her gaze fell. "I'm tiny, and I'd feel as though the boys won't take me seriously. I mean, look at me. I'm a tiny moron who barely shouts. Plus, back then, we were pretty much a band of brothers. Now, their 'little' sister is gonna take charge...don't you think that's rather comical?"

Billings gently placed his glass onto the table, looking at his friend levelly.

"Maybe for them, but General Russell seems to have a lot of faith in you. He did give you the title, after all,"

"But what about the others?" Sallie piped up. "The new members?"

Calmly, Billings smiled, placing a hand on her arm and gave her a reassuring rub.

"Listen Sal, calm down. If they don't respect you, I'm sure this Master Sergeant will put them back in their place. If not, myself or even the General will take them down a notch," He folded his arms on the table. "I don't like shouting much myself, and thankfully, I don't really need to, but you'll eventually get used to your authority, and it'll become the norm. Just don't over-think yourself to death about it, alright? Take it one step at a time,"

Sallie took in his advice, eventually comforting herself that she can get past this hurdle, as she had done throughout her entire life.

The Sergeant's dark-blue eyes glanced at the large clock overhead.

6:45PM

Noticing the time, she snatched her cup and chugged down the last of her coffee, wiping her lips with the back of her hand.

"Thanks Billings. I'll get there, one way or another. I always do," She beamed, suddenly feeling motivated. She stood from the table. "Perhaps I should have a quick go at the gym before I sleep. Normally, that'll keep me calm and focus,"

The male soldier nodded in agreement with her.

"It'll do you some good. I've got some paperwork to do, but if I don't see you later tonight, I'll see you tomorrow," He grinned. "You'll be able to start your life as a Sergeant,"

The small Sergeant swallowed a hard lump. She knew that Billings was encouraging her, but at the same time, it made her conscious about her new rank, as if there was a timer in her head, constantly reminding her that she will soon have to take her position seriously. The thought was daunting!

She nodded before turning on the heels of her boots and hurried away.

*

That evening, the air in the Gym was dense with the constant banging and clinking of weights. Sallie took in her surroundings, breathing in the distinct scent of the gym, the atmosphere thick with the odour of strong male musk and sweat, feeling heavy around her.

She knew the majority of the soldiers around her, chatting silently in small clusters, some worked out alone with the rower machines and weights. No one noticed her entering, and that was a good thing. She didn't wish to have any attention drawn to her.

Casually dressed in her black leotard and her favourite midnight-camouflaged combats, Sallie made her way towards the line of treadmills. Some of them were operated, and Sallie gladly took the one in the centre, away from everyone else. She felt as though none of the gym-goers took her entrance too kindly, so she made it easier for everyone and herself to be quiet and alone. Besides, she appreciated her space.

Placing her towel onto the railing before her treadmill, she prepared the settings she usually take and began a gentle walk for a start, just to warm up. Eventually, she increased the speed and began her natural run.

She could see the entire gym behind her through the giant mirror-wall before her, and she eyed the familiar soldiers around her.

Amongst the average soldiers, she noticed a stranger in the area.

He was much bigger in comparison to the entire team she knew of. His muscles clearly defined and proportional, he had a lot of size but was also shaped in a kind of streamlined way. She saw him by the weights, lifting an incredible amount of heavy weights effortlessly. He lifted with an intensity that's unlike from those around him. His eyes were sharp and determined in between sets, using his shoulders and posture to walk with a confidence and importance that made the other soldiers to take instant notice, daunting them away from him almost.

And while some were intimidated by him, the majority around him were avid admirers, and would clearly show their admiration to him. He appeared to be some sort of a celebrity around the herd of men, as if he had owned this gym. He had definitely been here for some time.

She was curious in how she could miss such a monstrously-huge soldier, but realised she only takes the gym during the night. Perhaps he worked out a lot more in the daytime.

Unsure whether to believe her sense, Sallie looked over her shoulder to see the very man himself.

She wasn't certain whether she was intrigued with the male, or highly intimidated, but somehow it was the very first time someone's presence had shook her body into a blissful yet uncomfortable state. It was clear that, compared to the other working soldiers around her, he was a bodybuilder. His towering figure contrasting brusquely against his fellow comrades, dwarfing those around him, a soldier six foot five stature, muscles rippling beneath his toned flesh, hard bulges of strength complimented his handsome appearance.

He was obviously serious about lifting weights, manipulating his body's aesthetic, constantly working hard despite the cluster of soldiers that flocked around him, talking to him, hoping oh-so desperately they would be blessed by his authority that he would talk back to them. He was evidently popular amongst the military.

The alpha-male of the soldiers gazed up and saw her looking at him. His eyes were the sharpest blue, bluer than ice. The instant he looked at her, her heart froze.

She stopped thinking, stopped moving, stopped breathing.

She did not look away. She could not look away. She couldn't take her eyes off him, even as he caught her staring at him.

He smiled-that smile! Let him smile again!

He blinked slowly, as if to invite her over.

She felt her knees betray her then, and she nearly collapsed, helping herself back onto the treadmill. That was when the heat of her shame flushed into her face hotly, and she reluctantly looked away from him, embarrassed to have been caught staring and looking like an idiot before the stranger.

His fellow soldiers had caught her staring and shooed the alpha along, whispering things into his ear which only made him smile, dragging him by the arm.

The bulky soldier smirked, watching her fondly. He never saw her too. It wasn't common to find a female in these gyms.

For a moment, he thought he had mistaken her. But he eyed her figure up and down slowly, and admiring her wide hips, he knew he was seeing a real female. Perhaps she was the very first female soldier ever to have assigned to this Platoon. The very thought never occurred to him, but now that he thought of it, it enticed him. He was suddenly interested.

She caught his reflection again. He was muttering something to the soldiers beside him, his eyes never leaving her. She wished she knew what he was saying to his comrades. Sallie kept her eyes forward, glaring at herself in the mirror, constantly reminding herself that no one as godly as this immense soldier would ever consider her existence.

He was clearly admired, treated like a king amongst his fellow soldiers. Why would he spend his time with a little individual such as herself? None of the soldiers gave her much attention; she'd rather have it that way. She was used to it.

Feeling disheartened by her own self-criticism, her gaze fell.

Throughout her time in the gym, Sallie was unable to stop her consciousness from focusing on the blond-stranger who shared the gym with her. Occasionally, she searched around almost urgently to find him working out at the other side of the gym, constantly lost in the sea of soldiers, who howled with laughter over manly jokes she would never join in or never understood.

During the hour of working out, she establish the fact that she was enjoying the alpha-soldier's performance, motivated to becoming more stronger, as if hoping to somewhat win the respect of others, rather than being ignored as a mute, little soldier. Her tiny dose of bitter envy quickly changed to admiration itself, watching him in awe.

Struck by his appearance, strength and construction, she found herself wishing more and more to join the group of men. A part of her tried to lure her into a false sense of courage in order to persuade her to introduce herself to the alpha-soldier, but her mind had already played several predictions before her eyes. She saw herself being stared at by everyone, only for them to laugh mockingly at her, and she'd rush out of the gym with tears in her eyes and never setting foot to the place again.

That saddened her critically.

Sallie asked herself how she could so dearly love someone she had never met before. In the last hour she had gone from a single woman with no enthusiasm for love to a crazy fan-girl over this man, wishing so hard to have the courage to talk to him.

Their gazes occasionally met, in which she would smile meekly and turn away hastily from shyness, as if staring at him long enough would cause him to cease in existence. Her heart was raging against her chest, but she knew it wasn't just from the running and push-ups.

Unable to communicate, desperate for him to notice her, what could she offer to him? And yet she felt as though their hearts were connected forever. She was smitten.

And she hated it.

By the time she was finished with the routine she usually took, she noticed the muscular soldier approaching her, his fellow soldiers watching him intensely with a mixture of curiosity and bewilderment. Her instant thoughts were that he was going to humiliate her for the pleasure of his comrades.

That very thought frightened her.

Almost unable to function properly, she took her belongings and hurried out of the gym before he had a chance to meet her.

The moment Sallie left the gym without a glance the hulking soldier felt a pang of rejection but was not going to let it deter his pursuit. Playing "hard-to-get" only made her more appealing. He loved a good challenge. Perhaps his presence frightened her off, which was typical for a man of his size and strength.

He smiled, watching her cute ass rock as she rushed away.

His fellow soldiers burst out laughing, mocking the small female for her lack of bravery, only to be silenced by a blazing glare from their leader. He soon realised that there were many reasons why he never saw her around.

He stood there uneasily, running his fingers through his golden-blonde hair as he tried to figure out a way of talking to her.

He then had a plan.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • Her American Soldier Ch. 01

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 343 milliseconds