• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • For the Sake of Love

For the Sake of Love

Neethu was an average looking south indian girl. Fair, short and curvy. She had long thick hair which she always used to plait right from her childhood. A shy and reserved character mainly because of her humble family background. She had to take care of her ailing mother from her school days and her father who was a contract employee made enough just for her college fees and house expenses. Left with no choice, she used to take tuition for school kids after her college hours and with that money she used to buy things for herself.

She used to wear simple clothes to college even though she could afford branded clothing. She was very careful not to attract any unnecessary attention as her mother advised her that college is the place where all guys will become mad and chase girls. None of them would look for a serious long term relationship, maybe an affair and once the girl gives them space she would be utilized and thrown off like a tissue. From the very first day she distanced herself from boys and girls who were very close to boys. But despite all these efforts she still had an admirer.

Ajay, son of a businessman was a lazy lad all his college life. Crumpled shirt, torn jeans, unkept hair and a week's stubble would be his description most of the time. He was tall and was part of the college basketball team. Chose to do his engineering far away from home so picked this college even though he had much better options. Kinda oblivious to the fact that people were actually having a life outside the hostel. Spent more time with gadgets, video games and his bike than his friends.

All this till he met Neethu. He quickly developed a crush on her. He loved everything about her. Her simple clothes, her mild perfume, the cute bag she carried, the dimple on her cheeks when she smiled, the way she chewed the pen when nervous, the thin gold chain that adorned her beautiful neck, the way she hummed her favorite song when no one was around. First time in his life he felt the need to look better to impress some one. Wasting no time he proposed to her which was rejected promptly along with a stern warning of complaining to the staff.

He never gave up and after countless tries managed to become her friend. She wasn't ready for any relationship and even though she never hated him she was scared if he will propose again, hence maintained a distance with him. As a rule she never accepted gifts from him and never gave him her number. They were allowed to talk only about studies and nothing personal. As long as he gets to spend time with her, he was happy and thus grew their friendship.

One valentine's day Ajay's friends tried to pull a prank on them and it turned out nasty. The whole college knew about their "friendship" and both of them were summoned to the Chancellor's office. After receiving a strict warning Neethu decided to end their friendship. She cut off all his links and swore she wouldn't see him again.

8 yrs later...

A lot of worse things have happened in Neethu's life since her college. Her mom succumbed to her illness. Her father quit his job the moment she started working and she practically lost all her friends living a monotonous life feeding herself and her drunkard father. Even though she was well educated Neethu was not cut out for this. A home maker, a loving wife, a caring mother. That's all what she wanted to be. She loved to be a typical indian housewife. All this work, taking care of the old with no shoulders to cry on made her life dismal.

She missed him. She tried many times to reach out to Ajay the only person whom she was close with even though it was only for few days. She blamed herself for ending their friendship and her non existent social life was not helping her in any way to get his contact.

After years of search she finally found him in the latest social networking site, the Facebook. She took 50 different photos before finalizing one for her profile picture and sent him a friend request. She spent months waiting for him to accept. Looking at his profile picture everyday wondering where he is and what was he doing was all she did that time. Finally one day he accepted her request. But her happiness was short lived. His profile was loaded with his wedding and honeymoon pics. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she went through each and every picture posted and read every comment wishing them. Every night she used to cry seeing these pictures. Pictures of him laughing and holding his wife's hands. It looked like a high profile wedding and the bride sure looked beautiful. She infact looked like a model. Girl with sharp features, raven hair, designer clothes. She was indeed his perfect match.

6 yrs later...

Neethu was standing at the railway station sipping a cup of hot tea. Dressed in a light pink saree she still looked the same way as she was in college. The long hair still in plait, no facial makeup, no jewels.

It didnt take long for her to recognize him. After all she still sees his face everyday before going to bed in her laptop. Ajay was holding his son in one hand and clutching the hands of his daughter in other. His wife dressed in loose T shirt and jeans advised the kids they can't have ice cream tonight. She told Ajay not to give into pressure of the kids as she left to the restroom. She seemed to have put on some weight but didn't lose her figure completely. The moment she left Ajay quickly took the kids to the ice cream shop and bought them two cones. Neethu smiled to herself. Typical Ajay she thought. He could never resist eating ice cream. She remembered how many times he bought ice cream for her during their college days. Neethu too loved ice creams and that was the only exception in her rule book of friendship with Ajay.

As the train approached Neethu got nervous. Lost in her thoughts she didn't realise she was standing right in their path. She didn't want to be seen by him and make him feel uncomfortable. She couldn't run now and she almost closed her eyes as the family picked their bags and walked straight towards her. But then she saw Ajay walk right past her without even a flinch on his face. It was like he went past a complete stranger.

Neethu felt her heart break..more than the night she first saw his wedding pics. It was like her whole life suddenly had no meaning. As she got into the train and sat on her berth she felt her body go numb and her eyes filled with tears. She sat with her eyes fixed to the endless horizon, her mind wandering to the past.

4 years ago, because of her extended family's pressure and her father's health condition she accepted for marriage. She never was interested in knowing what the guy did or about his background. She accepted to the first alliance that came her way. More towards getting back at Ajay, she wanted to get married to post her wedding pics online which she did on the very first night.

But she removed them 3 months later. That's how long her marriage survived. The guy was a cheat and a thief. He took away all the money she earned in dowry and also was an impotent bastard. Still she tried to survive all the hardships until one day he brought home his drunk friends and asked her to sleep with them. That was the end of her marriage life. After that day she decided not to get into a relationship ever again.

But not even the divorce impacted her so much as to what happened today. Well now she realised that she had loved Ajay all these days and longed to be pampered by him. She knew it wouldn't happen once he got married but completely being forgotten by him..that is something her heart couldn't take. Her mind went blank as she got up and went to the door of the coach. The door was open and it was dark outside. The train was crossing a bridge. There was no one nearby to stop her. She made a step towards the door when she saw a silhouette approaching.

Ajay was panting hard as he stopped right infront of her. He has searched almost every coach and every berth and this was the last one. Their eyes met and it was like they could talk without speaking. It's not the first time he came searching for her. Right after his higher studies at US, he came back and searched the whole town and would have found her if not for her decision to move to their native town. It was after 4 long years of searching he finally gave up and married Ritu. His wife loved him and he knew she wouldn't handle him meeting Neethu so well. Walking past her was the toughest thing he did in his whole life. With trembling hands he cupped her face as her tears rolled down on his fingers.

She was short but they looked perfect as she looked up into his eyes and holding his hands over her beautiful face. Cold wind of the night gusted through the open door. He pushed the lock of hair from her face behind her ears and wished... "Happy birthday" in her ears before placing a deep kiss on her forehead. Probably the first wish of the day and the only wish that mattered the most to her...

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • For the Sake of Love

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 394 milliseconds