• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • John and Jill Ch. 08

John and Jill Ch. 08

1234

Intersections and Stop Signs

****************************************

Jillian Sinclair was ecstatic. She was in the home of one of Fullmer's upper crust families. Mrs. Brooks was the matriarch of the Brooks family, one of Fullmer's founding members, and big in county society. She knew if she could get this contract to redecorate Hattie Brooks's house that word would get around, and her business would progress even more than it already had in the last two years.

Jill was happy now, even with the hole in her social life. JJ was off to the university on scholarship in Culver, and she still had her friends. Her memory and longing for her ex-husband John, although a nagging pain in her psyche, was actually buried in the back of her mind. She mainly thought of him on lonely nights when she was by herself. She longed for him and the way he had always made love to her. She admitted to herself that she made the mistakes that cost her her marriage. However, her desire for revenge for him leaving her the way he had was still deeply entrenched.

Hattie Brooks walked in and offered Jillian some tea, which she accepted.

"Good morning, dear, I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long. I'm an old woman, you know, and it takes me longer to make myself presentable."

Jillian looked at this grand old lady, who was still quite elegant in her 80s, and replied, "Mrs. Brooks, I am of the opinion that you are presentable any time of the day."

"Why, what a lovely thing to say, Miss Sinclair."

"Shall we discuss what you would like me to do with your rooms, Mrs. Brooks?"

"Right down to business, I like that in a businesswoman."

Jillian opened up her leather satchel and pulled out several bound books of fabrics and decorative paraphernalia to show the old matriarch. As she was sitting there, she noticed the most beautiful ornate coffee table she had ever seen. There was a lower platform with carved, curved, mahogany legs that came up to another top platform with glass surrounded by a mahogany frame; carved with characters of a religious theme. Under the glass was a detailed 3-D carving of the Last Supper. The intricacy and beauty of this piece far exceeded anything Jill had ever seen before.

"You've noticed the piece I wanted you to see, Miss Sinclair. I want you to design this whole room around my beautiful table. It's large enough that we can do that. Isn't it the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?"

"If I may ask, Mrs. Brooks, where did you get this beautiful table?"

"Believe it or not, my son had it especially made for me by a master woodworker."

"It's the most exquisite creation I've ever seen. We can surely build your room around this," Jill said as she began to show the older woman the samples and give her advice on how they should proceed. When they finished in about an hour, Jill's curiosity overwhelmed her and she knelt down to look closer at the table as they talked. She noticed a branded logo on the bottom right corner with a pine tree in the middle and lettering that said "another 3F creation," almost in a circle.

"If I'm not being too personal, Mrs. Brooks, where did your son get this beautiful table?"

"I don't really know, dear, but I'd be glad to ask him, if you can wait a minute."

She lifted her cordless phone off the end table and dialed a number. "Henry, this is mother. Where did you have my beautiful Christmas table made for me?"

"He said he had it made by a woodworker who operates out of Rans Furniture over in Culver. He said the man only took four weeks to complete it."

"Thank you so much, Mrs. Brooks," Jill replied as she sat there admiring the table. She was definitely going to check this place out and meet this artisan. The wheels started turning in her head as she thought of a chance for a symbiotic relationship with this company.

****************************************

JJ Trainor was enjoying his classes in his second year at Culver State. He was taking courses for his baccalaureate degree in automotive engineering. His father always supported and encouraged his son to follow his instincts and his heart in what he wanted to do in life.

Early on in his second year, he lived with his father and stepmother Amy in John's humongous garage apartment. He found Amy to be wonderful and supportive, as well as loving. Although she was not that much older than him, JJ realized she was mature beyond her age and completely in love with his father. He also realized that despite their obvious age difference, they were the perfect match for each other. Amy made John feel younger and he made her feel blessed. Seeing them together made JJ hopeful for one day finding the love of his life.

JJ and John kept in touch with phone calls at least twice a week and saw each other at least once on every holiday gathering. JJ kept this from his mother, Jill, by keeping and paying for his own cell phone. He never left his phone or bills lying around in case his mother snooped. He didn't want to chance giving away his father's location or contact information. John had more than compensated for being physically absent during JJ's last high school years with phone calls and emails to his private email account.

JJ understood why John had to leave Fullmer and pursue his new life. John would often take his son to the furniture store to show him what he was creating at the time. JJ always seemed to burst with pride at what his father could build or carve, and realized what an artisan his father truly was.

JJ looked back with humor on the day he basically told his grandfather, Boston Sinclair, to shove his money up his ass. His mother had taken him to his grandparents for a visit and JJ had dreaded the trip. Truth be known, he despised his grandfather and his controlling ways. He realized early on that his grandfather was the type of man who used his money and power to get his own way. JJ used his father's example and stood up to the old man. When his mother and he arrived, Boston immediately had him led to the study by one of the maids.

When Boston came into the room he immediately told JJ to sit. He reluctantly sat down, instantly not wanting to give the old man the upper hand. JJ had a suspicion of what was transpiring and had decided that this was finally the war.

"Well, son, what are you going to do for college?"

"I've already got a scholarship to Culver State and I'm going to study automotive engineering."

"Well, son, scholarships don't cover all your costs, and if you're going to work with me after college you need to study business."

"Well, sir, the costs are covered and I will study what I want. Who says I'm going to work for you?"

"If I'm going to help you with your expenses, you'll end up working with me."

"Grandfather, my father set up a trust for me years ago, so I have all the money I need for the rest of my expenses. I am studying engineering because that's what I want to do with my life; not work in a smelly old office for you."

Boston looked at his grandson like he was going to blow a gasket, his face red and veins popping up on his forehead. JJ had seen him angry before, but nothing like this. The man was so angry he threw his half-full glass of liquor across the room into the wall, spoiling a bunch of books.

"Why you little sonofabitch, you're as bad as that ungrateful wretch of a father of yours. He had a great life with my wonderful daughter and he left both her and you because of his own selfishness. You're no better than he is."

JJ exploded at the old man, stood up and said, "Listen you old bastard, if I'm no better than my father that is a major complement. He's twice the man you'll ever be on his worst day. It's funny that you called your daughter a bitch by calling me a son of one. I love my mother to death, but she is far from perfect. She was one of the ones that drove him away. Personally, I'd be glad to never come here again and have to deal with your stuffy, condescending rants. If you ever say anything bad about my father again, I'm going to knock you on your ass. Mother," he screamed and his mother came running into the study. "I'm leaving, you can drive me home, or I'll hitchhike, but get me out of here before I beat this old prick more senseless than he is."

Jill knew better than to waste any time and decided to diffuse the situation by taking JJ and leaving. As she starred to get into her car, she heard her father screaming, "Don't ever bring that young ingrate back to this house. He's worse than his father."

Jill looked at her son quizzically and asked, "What did you do to set him off like that?"

"I'm never going back there again, mother. He's talked bad about my father for the last time. He wants to try to control me like he did my uncles and I wouldn't put up with it. I don't need his money and I don't need his bullshit."

"You're of age, JJ, you don't have to do anything you don't want to."

"Mother, I'm sorry, he's your father and I know you love him. However, I don't love him and I won't stand for him putting my father down. I'm proud of my dad and I love him too, so I don't have to take your father putting him down."

JJ fondly remembered that day and even told John about it. He was prouder of his son for standing up to Boston than he had ever been. JJ took classes his first summer, and with the AP classes he took in high school, he was actually a year ahead of where he needed to be to graduate in three years. He had the chance for a college credited internship at Topper Transmission, a tractor manufacturer in Culver. JJ wanted to specialize in transmission design, so it was the perfect opportunity for him.

He had plenty of money, but had very little time for socialization in the university setting. He loved the work and management quickly took note of his enthusiasm and work ethic. His professors received glowing praise from the owners and said that they would be glad to get other interns of his capabilities in the future.

Even though JJ was under age, he would often accompany his father to Mainstays for a hamburger and a beer. Amy always thought this was cute and never worried when they went for the evening. Amy soon showed her love for JJ in the normal ways, by cooking, laundering his clothes and joking around with him about his lacking social skills. She called him "a chip off the old block."

****************************************

One night, while John and Amy were laying there in post-coital bliss, Amy looked over at John seriously and hugged him tightly, saying, "John, I want to have your baby."

John sat straight up in bed, almost pushing Amy out and replied, "What brought this on?"

"I see you with JJ and the love that you to share and I want that for myself."

"Amy, I love you with all my heart, but look at our age difference."

"You just spent an hour in foreplay and fucking, so don't you think it's so late to worry about age difference. We're married for Christ sakes. You're only 38 years old, not 90."

"I don't know, Amy, I think it's just a little too late for me."

"It's not that late and besides it's too late, I went off the pill four weeks ago."

"That's my Amy, damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. I'm glad you gave me plenty of time to think about this."

Amy, with tears in her eyes, looked at John and said, "No?"

John looked at his loving wife of two years and said, "Yes."

Amy immediately grabbed John's withered member, coated with both their love juices, and began slowly pumping him back to life. "John Trainor, I love you with all my heart, and already know you're going to be a great father to our son or daughter."

They made love again two times more that night before finally getting what little sleep they could. Amy had never been more excited since she married John. When they went into work the next day, they were both dragging a little bit. Frank noticed and started joking with them about it. Everyone then got into the act and Amy spent most of the day in full blush. All the employees loved their owners and the banter was always lighthearted.

John had to admit that Amy was right about one thing; Mac's paintings gave their business quite a bit of of additional income. Her paintings sold well and people liked their style and artistry. Customers were apt to buy one of the paintings when they bought new furniture, even though they sold for a pretty penny. John's only requirement was for Amy to warn him of Mac being on the premises and he would stay in his workshop, wanting no contact with his former conniving friend. Amy understood this and kept her contact with Mac to a minimum.

The business was in better shape than it had ever been, with John and Amy coming up with new and better ways to move the business forward. They needed to add two full time salespeople and another delivery truck to their company arsenal. They even added onto the building to add to John's workspace. The glass wall they had installed between the showroom and the work shop, so John's working could be viewed by potential customers, was a welcome addition. Amy had this idea to boost the perception of the customer that the furniture they were buying was all custom-made. This helped sales, although everyone knew that some of the furniture they bought was factory made. They just believed in the perception.

****************************************

On a busy autumn day, John was working on a project in the back and was ready to break for lunch. He took off his shop apron and took a whisk broom to his sleeves to get the sawdust off, took off his hat and brushed out his hair. He went to the showroom to get Amy and saw her talking to a blonde woman at the front of the store. As he stood back and watched, he noticed a rather detailed conversation going on between the two, and then Amy caught him out of the corner of her eye and motioned him forward.

As John got closer and recognized the blonde he was taken aback. He almost turned around and went back to his workshop, but continued at Amy's bidding. When Amy was doing business, she always did it as Ranskovyk instead of Trainor in tribute to her grandfather and parents. John walked up rather confidently and sternly and when he got to the two women began speaking.

"Hello, Jillian, it's nice to see you."

Jillian's breath was taken away. She put her hand up to her mouth quickly in a gasp and replied, "Hello John. Okay, John, what is 3F?"

"Forest Fine Furnishings; Amy came up with the name, using my middle name to give it a ring. Do you like it?"

Amy looked innocently at John, then Jillian, and said, "Oh, you two know each other?"

"Oh yes, we know each other," John said rather harshly as he looked at Amy and opened his hand with his arm out to her, saying, "Amyleese Trainor, meet my ex-wife Jillian," as he moved his arm in open hand fashion to recognize Jill.

Jillian composed herself quickly and said, "So this is where you've been hiding for four years, John. This young woman is your wife? You sure do pick them young, don't you?"

"In the first place, I haven't been hiding, I've been right here. In the second place, yes, this young lady is my wife."

"You finally got to do what you always wanted to do, haven't you John? You got to be away from me and do your woodworking on your own."

"Honestly, it was to get away from you and Mel, not just you. I needed a new start and I got one. I always wanted to pursue a career in woodworking, but you wouldn't hear of it."

"Well, you certainly have done that and made a real name for yourself. I saw the piece you created for Mrs. Brooks and it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I never knew you had that kind of talent."

"Jill, I always had that talent; you just never appreciated it when we were married."

"You never really appreciated my talent, either, John. Now that is no longer a secret where you are, you should contact your son and talk to him." Jill said.

"Jillian, where do you think JJ was living when he moved out the dorms after his freshman year? He's been living with Amy and I, and I always kept in touch with him.

"I'm not going to have this discussion with you again, Jillian. Who do you think paid for all your advertising, and your office supplies, so you could have your career? Who supported you at every turn when you got turned down for jobs and were down in the dumps about it? It sure wasn't sure stuffy old father and family. It was your loving husband, me."

"Amy, when you want to have lunch, I'll be in the back with the guys."

Jill yelled to stop John and said, "John, please wait, I didn't come here to argue. I have a business proposition; I'd like to leave some of my business cards on your counter and maybe hang a poster on the wall here in case somebody needs a decorator. My business is doing quite well and I think that we can be of benefit to one another."

"We don't need any benefits from you, Jill."

"Yes, and I don't see any of Mac's paintings adorning the walls of your business, either? You can forgive her, but not me? Your business is going gangbusters and this would be no problem for you. I'm only asking for a little favor. You're doing what you want to do and are quite talented and I'm quite good at what I want to do. Please, let's help each other."

"I'm doing so well, Jillian, because my wonderful wife's grandfather gave me the chance and I have a wonderful woman beside me. Yes, she may be young, but she knows how to support the person she loves."

Jillian gasped as if she'd been slapped and started to walk out. As usual, Amy, with her strong sense of business, took up for Jill saying, "Go ahead and let her speak, John.

"John, I know you have personal feelings involved here; but it's a little issue for us to put her business cards on our counter for people to see and maybe hang a poster on the wall. This could really be a win-win situation for the business, it isn't personal. You let me have the paintings from Mac, and it's made us good money. I'll deal with her on the business side; you can stay out of it."

John realized his present wife's business prowess and nodded his assent. Jillian was ecstatic and told them both they wouldn't regret their decision.

About two weeks later, John noticed a business poster on the wall underneath Max paintings advertising Visions by Jillian.

Not long after that John started noticing customers showing up on referral from Jill's business. The bottom line was an increase in sales and orders for custom pieces made by John. Jillian even took Amy out to lunch with her and JJ when she was in Culver on business. John just ignored those days and ate his lunch with the employees. They now had to have two picnic tables in the back lot now. Frank and John even put a canopy over the tables for rainy days. Everyone got along like a big happy family.

****************************************

Jillian was coming out of the post office one day and bumped into a man that she instantly recognized. Even though he had aged some, he still looked the same. Jill still looked as beautiful as she ever had, even better with maturity.

"Conrad Peterson, is that really you?" she said to her old boyfriend with a sparkle in her eye. The old feelings almost immediately popped to the forefront of her soul.

"Yes it's me, Jill, how have you been?" as he took her hands in his. Jill instantly saw the look in his eye and knew he felt the attraction.

"Busy, busy, busy, what can I say? I'm a hard-working businesswoman, what are you doing here?" Jillian felt a spark at his touch. She looked into his grey eyes and her heart fluttered.

"I'm a vice president of loans at Mr. Tamchek's bank. I've been working here since I left the bank over in Culver when this job opened up."

1234
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • John and Jill Ch. 08

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 18 milliseconds