• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Royal Affliction Ch. 03

Royal Affliction Ch. 03

12

It took another full day to reach the outskirts of Kavardya. It was a sprawling city, spread out between the area's geography. Sheer cliffs of jagged black rock rose up in menacing formations on all sides. The castle lair of the Queen was inside of one of the smaller ones, it's hundreds of stained glass windows looking out of the rocks onto the city below. Many more demons lived under the surface in a network of caves.

To get to the door, visitors who couldn't fly had to climb the hundreds of narrow stone steps. Mayhem was polite enough to walk with Sybari, and found the shallow width no problem for her hooves. Sybari on the other hand found them a little tricky and took to zig-zagging up. She reached the top out of breath and in need of a drink.

The reptilian demon guarding the huge archway looked at them both and stepped aside. He bowed his head as they passed. It was a pleasant surprise to Sybari, who'd expected a brusquer encounter upon arrival.

Inside, torches lit a path down the hall to a staircase. A tall green-skinned demon with two sets of wings met them at the top.

"Welcome," She snapped in a shrill voice. "Please state your...business." She quickly dropped her eyes from May to the floor.

"My friend would like an audience with the Queen," May explained. "Give her a couple of minutes to freshen up."

Sybari took her pack off her shoulders and dug out her flask. She took a mouthful and put it back, pulling out a stick to stain her lips and pot of perfume to anoint her skin. She was already wearing the skimpy outfit she'd brought for this occasion, but quickly stripped off her panties and stuffed them in her bag along with her shoes. If she was asked to dance she needed bare feet. Mayhem had quickly seen to herself while she waited, so Sybari stood and gave her a nod.

"We're ready," May told the creature. "Make it a surprise."

The winged demon opened a set of carved doors and let them into a small chamber. She went ahead, and disappeared through a second identical pair. It was over ten minutes before she came back to let them in.

"Queen Depravia will see you now."

"Please see to our bags," May said on her way out.

They entered into an alcove, hidden from the room ahead. Sybari would have hesitated if it weren't for May. The voracis was undaunted, stepping out of the shadows with self-assuredness. Sybari held level by her side as they walked through the throne room towards the Queen. Depravia was flanked by two flaming pillars that lit up the dais and coloured everything in warm light. The wall behind her throbbed and glowed like hot coals. Depravia looked every bit a Queen of Hell. If this is what one at this level looked like, Sybari wasn't sure she wanted to meet a more powerful ruler.

The Queen was also a voracis, as was the woman lounging on a chaise next to her. She sat on an elaborate throne of twisted metal, her black gown spilling out around her thighs. The fabric barely covered her nipples with a couple of strips, and the skirt was so short at the front you could see the red hotpants she wore underneath. She had a hard face with piercing bright turquoise eyes. Her purple hair was dark as the night sky and fell all the way to her waist. Her companion's was a few shades lighter, but she had the same intense eyes and a rounder face. Like all voraci, they both had black patterns on their purple skin, dark horns, and large bat-like wings.

Despite the imposing image the two of them made, Mayhem seemed impervious to the atmosphere, walking with casual confidence. Seeing her up close, the Queen slammed her hand on the armrest of her chair.

"Deploria!" she hissed.

Though Sybari had frozen in fear, May sauntered to the dais, hips swinging as she ascended. She languidly draped herself over the arm of the throne and stroked the Queen's cheek.

"Hello, sister."

"Sister?!" gasped Sybari under her breath, slapping a hand over her mouth.

Depravia did not look amused, or even very pleased to see her sibling. "I was beginning to think we'd lost you. How unfortunate you decided to return."

May only smiled haughtily. "I missed you too."

"Where have you been?" The Queen shooed her off her chair.

"In every bed in the land." May stood, running a hand over her breast and down her body.

The Queen snorted. "That would be wishful thinking on your account. Really Deploria, your jokes have never been funny."

"Just around." She strolled a few paces, wandering over to the demon on the chaise. "Despondia," she said quietly, leaning down to kiss her cheek, her fingers brushing her shoulders and face.

"Baby sister," the woman said without kindness. "How have you faired?"

"As well as expected." May smiled, sweet and fake.

It was said the Queen had a sister who practically shadowed her. That had to be the one on the couch. So where did May fit into this? Sybari had never heard of a third sister.

"What is that thing you've dragged in with you?" The Queen said with a touch of disgust as she scrutinized Sybari. "If you've brought a human into my lair I'm going to cut its feet off, feed you each one for dinner, then set it on fire and roll it into a pit for the beasts to finish."

May sighed. "You need to get some better lighting in here. She's a succubus."

"A succubus?"

Leaving Despondia, May stepped down from the dais, coming closer to Sybari and encouraging her to come forward. "Mmm, I found her on my way home. She wants to work here for some unfathomable reason."

"You told me your name was Mayhem," mumbled Sybari, glaring at her as she neared. Her tone was slightly hurt and laced with accusation.

May shot her a bored look. "It is. Deploria Mayhem."

Oh.

Queen Depravia scrunched her nose, curling her lip. "What am I going to do with another succubus?"

"Anything you like I should think."

"I have many talents, Your Highness," announced Sybari, approaching the dais. "My dancing and lyra performances are revered by all in my homeland."

To demonstrate she lifted her leg behind her, reaching back to grab her foot and pull it into a needle. Relaxing it back into a scorpion, she leaned backwards in that position, arching over until her elbows touched the ground, where she rolled onto her stomach still holding her foot. She let go and pushed herself up onto her knees, giving the Queen a proud smile as she stood.

Depravia looked more bewildered than impressed. "Well, that was...unusual." She turned to Despondia. "Kind of bendy, isn't she?"

Her sister nodded. "Quite so."

The Queen stood and sashayed over to Sybari, eyeing her up and down. "Should I tie you up to your precious aerial hoop and fuck you?"

She gave her a wicked grin. "If you fancy."

"What if I involve some hot irons?"

Her expression changed to one of alarm. Being a succubus, she was into some kinky shit, but she didn't like it THAT rough.

Depravia walked her fingers up Sybari's arm, caressing her shoulder and down her chest. "Your sweetness is sickening."

A little put out, Sybari blinked. She didn't think she was overly sweet. She knew she wasn't a wickedly demonic being. Her species rarely were. But she wasn't devoid of iniquity or cruelty.

"Look at you, so naïve and innocent."

"I am many things, naïve being one of them. But I'm a succubus." Sybari rolled her body and pouted her lips, her voice lusty. "I'm hardly innocent."

"You're a fool."

Sybari sucked in a breath as the Queen slipped a finger into her pussy, rolling it around and then dragging it through her folds to her clit. Depravia grabbed a hold of the flower charm between her legs and pulled on it sharply, grinning at Sybari's gasp.

"I know this symbol," she said, her eyebrow lowering as she pondered it.

"It's our region's crest. I'm from Tarhorl—"

The Queen let go and pushed Sybari to her knees. "Ah, yes. The surface-dwelling succubi and incubi of Tarhorlic. Moronic inbred creatures who forgot how to use caves." She sighed and turned her back on Sybari, returning to her throne. "You know nothing about me. Yet you've come from the middle of nowhere on some ill-advised, and frankly senseless, journey to ask for my employ." She laughed cruelly and cocked her head. "Hmm, I can't think of a use for a pathetic little pixie like you. I suppose I could just torture you. You don't seem like a masochist or even that submissive, so it would be fun to make you cry."

Sybari stopped breathing. Was she serious? Maybe it was time she started looking for an exit.

"She came here for a job, not punishment," May said in a bored and mildly exasperated tone. "You can't go round torturing innocent subjects without their consent."

The Queen swished her hand. "Semantics." She sighed and crossed one leg over the other. "You don't want her for yourself, Deploria? I assumed she was yours when you brought her in. I mean, you had to replace that harpy of yours with something."

May flinched, but tried to play it cool. "Are you enjoying the horrid screeching noises she makes when she cums?"

The Queen chuckled. "Oh, no. I dismissed her from my bedchamber and put her to work elsewhere."

May frowned, her voice turning grave. "Where is she?"

Depravia giggled and rang a bell. "AUCHERY!"

A short while later a tall lanky creature stumbled out from behind a curtain. Her skin was grey and freckled, her hair long and white with brown stripes. A pair of brown and white feathered wings tucked flush against her back, while more feathers grew along the outside of her arms. As she walked through the room on her long legs, the claws of her bird-like feet clicked on the marble. She had only two taloned fingers per hand, opposite a thumb with a shorter claw. Her narrow face housed beady brown eyes framed in feathered lashes, a skinny nose, and tiny mouth.

She hesitated when she saw May, her expression almost fearful, before quickly turning guilty. The white dress she wore was simple and a little grubby. It struggled to contain her enormous 28J breasts, and the short pleated skirt flared out around her hips.

From her position on the floor, Sybari could see that the harpy wore barely-there panties with a string of pearls through her crotch. The stiffness of the skirt meant if she bent over it would move with her, thereby flashing anyone behind her.

"Yes, my Queen?" Auchery curtsied.

"I wanted you to welcome Deploria back from her travels."

The harpy spun around to curtsy to May.

"As you can see, sister. Auchery now spends her time scrubbing the floors," the Queen said smugly.

With legs like birds, harpies couldn't kneel. Auchery would have to squat or bend at the waist in order to scrub the floor. It wasn't work she was suited to and probably gave her terrible muscle aches.

"She doesn't have the legs for that," Sybari whined.

"Mmm, Depravia knows that. She's just a bitch," May replied, loud enough for her sister to hear.

"Oh, Auchery," the Queen said pitifully, rolling her hoof in slow circles. "How wretched you look. Whoever would want such a filthy, unkempt creature?"

The harpy kept her head down, eyes on the floor.

"Never mind. I'm sure we can find you another job. The sewers could probably do with a good clean." Depravia switched her attention to Sybari. "And as for you." She curled her lip as if Sybari was a burden. "I have no need for gullible little girls." Her eyes flicked to May. "You take her. Or send her home."

Despondia licked her lips, eyes sparkling. "I think Deploria might want to take her."

The Queen grinned devilishly. "Really? In that case it really would be fun to hurt her."

May's hands formed fists, her mouth forming a hard line. Holding back whatever she was thinking of saying, she snatched Sybari's wrist and hauled her to her feet. She glanced at Auchery, making a face, before going for her as well. The harpy didn't see her come from behind and stumbled with shock as May dragged her in tow.

"Such a good girl, picking up all her toys," praised Despondia.

"See you at dinner," shouted Depravia.

After a few metres, May let their arms go and they both fell instep behind her. She led them a different way out of the throne room and into a wide corridor. They walked in silence down its length, making several turns and descending a staircase. It became less well lit the further they travelled, and May had to slow a couple of times to summon flame to the torches lining the walls. Sybari was rather impressed with the trick, as she had no ignescent capabilities herself.

At the end of a room with a crystal roof, they came to a set of double doors, the gold frames holding panes of blue glass. After lighting the red lanterns on either side, May turned the crystal handles and held the doors open for them.

"This is my suite," she said for Sybari's benefit, lighting the hanging lanterns above them.

The entry chamber circled around a large fountain, which burst to life once May kicked a switch at its base. Five archways led off the hexagonal room, supported by Corinthian pillars and draped with purple silk curtains. May parted the fabric and disappeared through the first door to the right. Not knowing what was behind it, Sybari wasn't sure if she should follow. Auchery glanced at her and cautiously slipped between the curtains. Sybari trailed after, finding it was merely a lounge. The room was an uneven pentagon shape, made lavish with black leather, red velvet and gold trimmings. May sat on an ornate couch, eyes closed and looking tired. When she opened them she let out a sigh and rested her chin in her palm.

"I'm sorry," Auchery said, coming to stand in front of her. "It was wrong of me to accept her offer. I paid for it nearly immediately after you left. She didn't know when you might come back, so she had me clean so this is how you'd find me."

"That's what you get when you decide to work for an evil whore," May said matter-of-factly.

"Why did she make you clean?" asked Sybari, coming further into the room.

"Because Auchery was important to me, and despite her betrayal I still cared for her when I left," May replied. "It wasn't enough for Depravia to lure her away from me. She wanted me to see that she'd degraded her and made her suffer." She glared at the harpy. "Why did you do it?"

"Her offer was too good," Auchery said sadly. "She was willing to pay me a considerable amount. You never paid me."

May jumped up to face her. "You were my lover. If I paid you that would have made you a prostitute!" she spat. "Food and board might have come with that, but you were here of your free will. You could have left at any time. If you wanted money you could have gotten a job externally, or I could have found you something to do in the castle."

Auchery bit her lip with her wide, blunt teeth.

"My sister! My spiteful, malevolent, lecherous beast of a sister!"

The harpy hung her head in shame.

"Look what she has you wearing. You're filthy and your feathers are a mess."

"You think I want to look like this?" Auchery cried.

"Why are you still here then? Why haven't you left?"

"She's withholding my pay."

May froze. "To guarantee you'd stay until I came back to see you. Fucking bitch." She ran her claws through her hair. "Go take a bath, Cherry. I'll get you some clothes."

Sybari followed them out of the room. Auchery went into the second door to the left of the entrance, while May took the middle one. Curious, Sybari paused to peek behind the curtain of the second right-hand door. It was a smaller square room with books and a desk. Withdrawing her face, she hurried after May.

The room the voracis had gone into was an elongated hexagon, decked out in lavender and indigo. Fabric swathed from the roof around a mirror in the centre of the ceiling. May was busy fetching garments from her walk-in robe and took a while to notice her.

"You can sit down somewhere. No need to look so uncomfortable."

"Oh, it's just." Sybari gave her an embarrassed grimace. "You have a lot of nice furniture and I've been wearing my chains out again."

May's eyes flickered to her crotch and she exhaled. "This whole not wearing underwear thing gets kind of annoying. What do you do back home, or do you just get juices everywhere?"

Sybari was horrified by the idea.

"We have special pieces of fabric we put on chairs and such when we sit down," she explained.

May nodded and handed her a towel. "Here, use this. You can bathe once Auchery's done.

"Thank you." She took the towel and retreated to the lounge, carefully arranging it on an ottoman before sitting down.

Mayhem joined her a few minutes later, reclining on a chaise and draping an arm behind her head. She looked beautiful and dreamy, like a classical painting. Only her twin tails spoiled the image, beating against the couch behind her.

Sybari leaned her elbows on her knees and rested her chin in her hands. What was she even doing here? She'd come so far to see the Queen, only to have her turn out to be atrocious. What did she do now? She didn't want to go home. She'd felt like she was finally doing something with her life, finally got away. To go back to that tiny city filled with stuffy ways sounded terrible. She was tired and filled with disappointment. It made her want to cry.

"I'm not a little girl."

May lifted her head. "I know."

"I feel so silly. I can't believe how timid she made me."

"She does that to everyone. The title and the power make everyone submissive to her. You saw how quickly she had me off guard."

"That could have gone really bad for me, couldn't it? If you hadn't been there she could be doing awful things to me right now."

May sat up and swung her legs to the floor. "Not today. She would have just laughed at you and sent you on your way. She'd have to be in a really bad mood or pissed off at you for her to torture you."

Sybari pouted. "Why didn't you tell me she was such a bitch?"

She need not have been through all that if May had been upfront.

May shrugged. "Who am I to get in the way of your dream? I did hint that she was not as blissful as you imagined," she pointed out. "But how would I be able to judge who you find too horrible to work for? You seemed pretty dead set on it, so I brought you here so you could make up your own mind."

May was right. If she'd told her the Queen was cruel Sybari would have become defensive and wanted to come anyway. Now the Queen herself had dispelled any positive rumours with a barrage of insults that still hit a nerve.

Sybari sniffled and played with her claws. "She was so mean to me. Is she that horrible to everyone?"

"It depends on her mood and if she likes you." May shifted next to her.

"I'm pretty sure she hated me."

Her eyes shone with sympathy and she squeezed her shoulder. "How old are you, twenty-seven?"

"Thirty-one."

"Right. Depravia's a hundred and twelve. To her you would seem childish. Your youthful exuberance would have been glaring her in the face."

Anger and sadness warred inside Sybari, fuelling each other. "I was so excited to come work for her." She frowned. "You must think I'm an idiot."

"No. I think you were misinformed. This succubus who supposedly worked here, how do you know they were telling the truth? Maybe when faced with a bunch of starry-eyed children they pretended to have worked somewhere better than a shoemaker. There are some towns out there with irrational loyalty to the Queen, where mentioning working for her might get you a mug of ale on the house. If they did work here, but somewhere like the kitchen, then they likely never even met Depravia. In which case, it probably is a decent job."

Sybari's face fell. If she'd been duped right from the start she might just want to impale herself. How could she be so stupid to think it would be different anywhere else? A job was plain and boring whether it was in Tarhorlic or Kavardya.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Royal Affliction Ch. 03

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 197 milliseconds