• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • The Vampires of Ethiopia

The Vampires of Ethiopia

12

"Ammanuel, wake the hell up, the rest of us are going hunting, you've slept in long enough, you lazy cur!" The grating voice uttering these words belongs to my father Adam Tilahun, leader of our clan. In the basement of our Mississauga townhouse, I barely felt the sun going down, even though, as a vampire, I am by nature quite attuned to such things. During the wintertime in Ontario, it tends to get dark way quicker than anywhere else. Just my luck.

"Um, I think I'll pass, Papa," I replied, and I stirred on my bed, trying not to think about last night. It's a night I barely survived, and would rather forget. Anyhow, before we go any further, here's some logistics. I, Ammanuel Tilahun, am a young brother living in the Greater Toronto Area. If you were to look at me, you'd see a six-foot-one, lean and athletic young African man with medium brown skin, long black hair and almond-shaped golden brown eyes. Just another young dude strolling down the street. And this is where you'd definitely be wrong.

I was born in the City of Gondar, Ethiopia, in 1298 A.D. On the first day of the new year, according to the Amharic calendar, of course. My father Adam Tilahun was a leader of our clan and a Knight of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church. My mother's name was Bethlehem and she died giving birth to me. My father and I were nomads, moving from place to place with our clan across the vastness of East Africa. This was the good old days, When I was nineteen years old, monsters came to our land.

No, I am not talking about the horrors of European colonialism and their invasion and subsequent semi-enslavement of many indigenous peoples across the motherland of Africa. I am talking about actual monsters. Those monsters were the cursed drinkers of blood, the seed of Satan, doomed to walk the earth for all eternity, hiding from the light of day and drinking the blood of the living to survive. In the summer of 1319 A.D. the vampires came to East Africa, and ravaged it.

They came to Ethiopia, killing many of us and turning quite a few of our people into their own kind. My father gathered an army of men to fight the undead menace, and went after them. This ill-fated expedition spelled doom for our clan, and our entire family. Fighting vampires is usually a losing proposition for mortal men, this much is true. When Papa came back to us, a few nights later...he was forever changed.

"Papa, what happened? Where are the others?" I asked my father as he all but materialized in front of our family tent, a haggard look on his dark, handsome face. Father has always been a tall, strongly built man, easily over six feet, very dark of skin, with thick curly black hair and stern features. As I looked into my father's eyes, I realized there was something strange in them. An unearthly glow. My father's eyes were less human than a lion's, and when he smiled, his teeth elongated and sharpened into wicked fangs.

"A most wonderful thing, my son, soon you will understand," Father said, and then he grabbed me and sank his fangs into my neck. That night, I died. Three nights later, I arose from the dead, confused, and hungry for blood. In this world, a lot of us blame our parents for what we become. Me? I think I'm quite justified in my grievances. Father plucked me from my mortal existence, and cursed me with immortality and everlasting blood thirst. To say that I hate his guts for this would be an understatement. Sadly, he's the only father I've got.

"Suit yourself, lazy bozo," Papa said cheerfully as he exited the townhouse, and joined his buddies in his Lexus. Old vampires are creatures of habit, and tend to stick to a routine. Tonight, they'll scour the Greater Toronto Area, and sample the night's pleasures. A bar to start, and then a leisurely stroll in the college district, and then they'll find someone, usually a homeless guy, a back alley hooker or some street punk, to feed on. The type of person the world doesn't miss.

Now, you might wonder what a guy who's 723 years old doing in his father's basement. I have a good reason to stay at my father's house, folks. In the Toronto-area vampire community, the Tilahun family name commands respect, largely due to my father's influence and dealings. I spent many years drifting all over the place, from America to Canada, from England to West Africa, from Southern Asia to Australia, and I've had quite a few adventures. You don't live as long as I have without making a few enemies.

One of those enemies is Esther Polydor. You know that chick who, when you first meet her, she seems hot and interesting but your gut instinct tells you to stay away? That's Esther for you. I first met the tall, slender and yet deliciously big-bottomed Afro-Caribbean beauty while visiting a Haitian church in the City of Montreal, Quebec, during the early 1980s. Folks, contrarily to what you might think, vampires do not fear crucifixes, or symbols of Christianity, or any other religion. That's just silly superstition and nothing more.

"Bonjour, are you new to this church?" Those were Esther's first words to me as I walked into the Haitian Adventist Church located in the north side of Montreal. I felt drawn to the place, having come to Montreal after many years in the City of London, England. Like all of my kind, I have a talent for speaking various languages. You see, when a vampire drinks a person's blood, we absorb all of their strength and knowledge. If a vampire wants to learn engineering, or carpentry, or speak Arabic, all he or she has to do is drink the blood of an engineer from the Arab world...

"Salut, mademoiselle, I am Ammanuel of Ethiopia, just visiting," I said, smiling as I looked the stunning Haitian beauty up and down. Esther flashed me that fearless smile of hers, and from that moment on, I was hooked. I've always had a thing for tall, lovely ladies with dark skin and big butts. It's the African in me, I suppose, and becoming a vampire hasn't changed that. I am who I always was, pure and simple.

"Welcome, brother, let me show you around," Esther said, and then she linked her arm with mine, and led me deeper into the church. That day, I was introduced to the Haitian people, and their belief system. When I was a mortal, I followed the Ethiopian Orthodox faith. After becoming a vampire, I didn't have much use for religion. Most faiths promise people happiness in the afterlife in exchange for toeing the line while on earth. As a vampire, I have the potential to live forever. What use does someone like me have for religion?

Nevertheless, Esther and her people fascinated me, and I became a regular attendant of evening service at the local Haitian Adventist church. Over the next few months, I got to know, and eventually seduced the lovely Esther. The lady had much going on for her. Student in the Nursing programme at the University of Montreal, devoted leader of the women's choir at her church, active in the Haitian community of northern Montreal, Esther was everywhere. A woman of such grace, intelligence and beauty. A queen in her own right. I wanted to make her mine.

"Father, I've fallen for Esther and I want to be with her always," I said to Papa as we sat down in a Caribbean restaurant in Montreal-Nord, sampling South African wines and watching Night Court on TV. The year was 1985 and Papa and I had just rekindled our centuries-old, oftentimes tumultuous relationship. Naturally, Papa was aware of my dalliance with Esther, and had choice words for me on the matter.

"Ammanuel, my son, do yourself a favor, whatever you feel for this young woman, it will fade in time, leave her be and let her live her life," Papa said, and he smiled that infuriating smile of his as he sipped on a bottle of KWV Roodeberg, 1985 vintage, brewed in the western cape region of South Africa. I looked at him, clad in a dark blue suit, white silk shirt and tie, looking very much like the dapper, middle-aged African businessman he so often pretended to be.

"After all this time, Papa, you still don't know what love is," I said, shaking my head while my father looked at me, his eyes narrowed and his lips pursed. I finished my wine, nodded gently at Papa, and then handed a ten-dollar tip, unheard of in those days, to the young waitress. I smiled at her, wished the owner of the restaurant a good day, and then walked into the night. Although angered by my father's reaction, I wasn't surprised. Shrugging, I decided to go see Esther.

"My love, you look troubled," Esther said to me as I stood on the doorstep of her apartment, located on Rue St-Michel, within walking distance of the University of Montreal campus. Esther looked so lovely in a crimson sweater and black silk skirt, her face unmade, her eyes glistening in the poor light, that I pulled her into my arms and kissed her.

This young woman had come to mean much to me in those days. Vampires like myself lurk in the shadows, ever weary of the light of day. We're drifters. Esther showed me that I didn't have to be an anonymous face in the crowd, gone before anyone takes notice. Esther showed me her church, her university campus, her life, and I began wanting more. I also began craving her, in more ways than one. I loved this woman, this was no mere dalliance for me, and I wanted to prove Papa wrong.

"I'm much better now that I'm with you," I said to Esther, after we shared a most passionate kiss. Right there in her apartment doorstep, a most romantic gesture, like something out of a movie. Esther looked into my eyes, and I swear, if my undead heart could still beat, it would have been soaring with joy. There was so much I wanted to say to her, so much for her to know. Taking my hand, Esther brought it to her lips and kissed it, then she winked at me.

"Come, I'll make you forget all your troubles," Esther whispered, and just like that, she led me to the bedroom. I followed her as if in a trance. Esther smiled coyly as I stood before her and pushed me on the bed, then disrobed before me. My keen eyes beheld the Haitian beauty in all of her glory, and she came to me, a tantalizing vision that held me captive. Mortal or immortal, what man is beyond the thrall of a beautiful woman? Certainly not I.

"You're so beautiful," I whispered as I kissed Esther's lips, then caressed her breasts, taking my sweet time as I began exploring and pleasuring that gorgeous body of hers. Esther moaned gently and guided me to her sweetest spots, which I then licked, probed and explored with my tongue and fingers. I buried my face between her slender, shapely legs, and ate her pussy. How I loved the taste of her. Hot, salty and oh-so delicious. No two women smell or taste alike down below. Believe me when I tell you that Esther tasted wonderful.

"You're unlike any man I've ever known, you really know your way around a woman's body," Esther said, laughing, as I put her on all fours, caressed her lovely brown derriere and then proceeded to eat her pussy from behind. I took that as a compliment and slid my finger into Esther's butt while licking her cunt. This surprised her, and caused her to moan in a deeper, louder way. I buried my middle finger up her big brown butt and teased her clit with my tongue, and Esther's squeals echoed across the apartment.

"Why thank you mademoiselle," I said, grinning, as I spread Esther's ass cheeks wide open, and stuck my tongue into her asshole. I love the smell and taste of female ass, and I don't apologize for it. Esther lay there, face down and ass up, moaning and groaning as I licked away at her butt hole. I swear, sometimes I think I like ass more than I like pussy. We all have our preferences, I guess, this is mine. I love the female posterior in every way...

"Hmmm, that was fun, but now I want to ride you, mon cher monsieur," Esther said, sticking her tongue out and winking at me, much later, after I gave her ass a tongue bath. I looked at Esther, whose ass swung from side to side like a pendulum of temptation, and felt my dick harden. Grinning, I pounced after her like a cat hunting mice, and my sweetie playfully tried to flee from me...

"Gotcha," I said, as I caught Esther in my arms and kissed her. Esther pushed me away and turned around, pressing her thick derriere against my groin. A very atavistic, masculine hunger arose in me, sharp and demanding. I gripped Esther's hips and thrust into her, burying my dick inside of her. No matter how old I get, some of life's simple pleasures cannot be equaled. Esther cried out as I penetrated her, and just like that, we began making love.

"My dear Ammanuel, met ta bite dans mon coco," Esther cried out, and I happily pounded away at her, slamming my dick into her cunt. For hours and hours we made love, switching positions whenever it pleased us, and went at it until we lay, exhausted, in each other's arms. I rested my head between Esther's breasts, and she wrapped her arms around me tenderly. At long last, I felt at peace. Safely in the arms of the woman I loved. What every man dreams of, truly.

"Oh mon cher Ammanuel, I want to be with you always," Esther whispered as I listened to her rhythmic heartbeat. I looked at her then, fascinated by her beauty and her strength, and all the wonderful things that she is. Why should beauty like that fade into old age and eventual death? I've seen mortals live and die for seven centuries. I've had sexual relationships with hundreds of women. African women. Arab women. Women from Europe. Women from Asia. Lovely ladies all, but none touched my heart like Esther. That's why I decided to make her like me.

"As you wish, my love," I said, and I took Esther's lovely face in my hands and kissed her. As she closed her eyes, I opened mine and sank my fangs into her neck. I drank her blood, and shared my vampire's blood with her. I drained away her sweet, tenuous mortality and replaced it with the everlasting poison of immortality. Esther died in my arms that night, and three nights later, she arose from the dead as a new vampire.

"Ammanuel, my poor cursed son, what have you done to this woman?" Papa asked me as I stood at the door of our house in Montreal, with Esther by my side. A lot of people go mad after becoming vampires. That's why there are so few vampires in the world. Immortality isn't for everyone, and most fledgling vampires self-destruct within a couple of decades of their rebirth. Esther, on the other hand, was something else.

"Your son has given me a wonderful gift," Esther said, smiling and proudly showing her new fangs, and I smiled at her and kissed her hand while my horrified Papa looked on. I looked at Esther, and saw in her my vampire bride, the woman I've yearned many centuries for. I've seen a lot of fledgling vampires and they are quite often weak and useless, needing to be looked after like children. Esther was nothing of the kind.

"Esther is a natural, father, she was born for this, I will take her as my bride and we shall finally be a family," I said, and I kissed a smiling Esther on the lips while Papa looked on. I can't tell you how happy I was that night. Esther arose as a new vampire and I sat her down, proclaimed my everlasting love for her and explained to her the facts of vampire life.

"My short-sighted, thoughtless son, you've doomed yourself," Papa said, and just like that, he shut his door in our faces. I was flabbergasted and angry, but Esther laughed and led me away. That night, we hunted together. We went to a biker bar, one whose locals have a reputation for being "hostile" to immigrants, especially those from Africa and the Caribbean. Esther and I slaughtered several of them, and had a feast of blood.

"I think I can get used to this," Esther said to me, smiling through bloody lips, as she tossed aside the carcass of a beefy, blond-haired and tattooed biker whom she drained of blood. I looked at my lover and pupil, and smiled proudly. A lot of new vampires are squeamish about killing humans for their blood. They cling to the remnants of their mortality, remnants which linger only in their minds. Esther wasn't like most fledglings. Nope, this Haitian gal took to hunting humans like a cat takes to hunting mice.

"We have eternity to explore, my love," I said to Esther, then I kissed her. Just like that, our adventures began. In 1985-era Montreal, we caught a bloody swath through the nightlife. No one could resist us. We were young, happy and in love. It was quite a while before I discovered that Esther wasn't like other vampires. Indeed, Esther wasn't like other mortals when she was young.

Intelligent, ambitious, and utterly ruthless, with little to no conscience. In modern times, such people are known as sociopaths. In the old days, we called the "firebrands" and "free spirits". I took Esther Polydor, a tall, beautiful and charismatic overachiever, budding queen of the Haitian community of mid-1980s Montreal, and turned her into a vampire. I took an amoral woman with a zest for life and transformed her into one of the Undead. I took a deadly woman and made her supernaturally powerful. Heaven help us all...

"Trust me, Ammanuel, we're going to run this world, first we must get rid of the vermin in it," Esther said to me one night, after she viciously slaughtered a couple of women who apparently looked at her the wrong way while we strolled through Place Versailles, perhaps the largest shopping center in Montreal at the time. I'd taken Esther to Hudson's Bay because I wanted to buy her some new dresses, and this unfortunate incident took place.

"Esther, my dear, killing should only be done to feed or protect oneself," I said, shaking my head after disposing of the women's bodies. They were a couple of French Canadian women in their twenties, lovely gals, whose only mistake was to look at Esther cross-eyed. Truth be told, I found Esther's actions dangerous and wasteful, even though part of me agreed with her.

Now, even in the 1980s, Montreal was a hotbed of racial tension, the Haitians, Arabs, Africans, Chinese and others often clashing with the French Canadian populace. The City of Montreal was diverse, but not always peaceful. You could go to schools like McGill University, the University of Montreal and Concordia University and see lots of minorities as both students and instructors, but that didn't mean those schools were tolerant. Racism was alive and well in la belle province's largest city. Esther and I are vampires, but we're still black, so we couldn't escape it...

"Ammanuel, those silly white bitches got what they deserve, I put up with their bullshit when I was mortal but now I'm a vampire, and I've got the power to make them pay," Esther said, and then she flashed me that fearless smile of hers, and a shudder ran down my spine. For a brief moment, I felt almost...scared of Esther. I looked at Esther and shook my head, and it slowly began to dawn on me that I'd made a mistake by transforming her into one of the Undead...

"Papa, I think Esther is unstable," I said my father, a couple of years later. I have endured much persecution in this world as a person of color who happens to be Immortal. I've lived all over the place, from Africa to Europe and the Americas. I know a thing or two about prejudice and discrimination. I've done my share of punishing the wicked. I got over the need for revenge. Survival is my endgame. I only kill to feed or to protect myself. I avoid unnecessary battles.

Esther was still young, and there was a chance that she might outgrow this angry, vengeful phase of hers. How long can a woman stay angry anyways? Still, I was worried about Esther's blood lust. These days, like an avenging angel, Esther went after racist cops, neo-Nazi gangs and others. Sure, these mortal men and women were no match for a vampire's might but I felt Esther's actions might expose our species to the world, and this I could not abide...

"My son, I am sorry, I know you love her, but if she cannot toe the line and stick to the shadows like the rest of us, you must unmake her," Papa said to me, as we sat in the living room of his townhouse in Montreal. I lived in an apartment with Esther on the other side of town. That night, as I visited my father, Esther was off somewhere, hunting by herself. I had come to enjoy my few moments of solitude in the two years since I've turned Esther into one of us.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • The Vampires of Ethiopia

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 58 milliseconds