• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Gay Male
  • /
  • Jake and Toby Ch. 08

Jake and Toby Ch. 08

123

Hello Everyone, I want to thank my editor and proof reader. Hope everyone is having a wonderful New Year. It is not a typo Jake and Toby is only up to 2015. :o)

As always, public and private comments are welcome. Thank you. Happy Valentine's Day in advance.

*******

***Jake***

Toby didn't have to work New Year's Day but I did. I asked him to wake me up just before midnight so I could kiss him to bring in 2015. He didn't want to make me stay up, I don't think he really cared to stay up either, because I think I heard an alarm go off five minutes before he woke me.

"Babe, Doc." Toby gently shook my shoulder. "It is almost midnight."

"MMMmm, is it?" I blinked my eyes and was finally able to focus on him. The room was dimly lit and I could see my TV was turned on to watch the ball drop in New York, only ten minutes to go. Toby had a bottle of champagne and two glasses in his hand, and I smiled. "Come lay down with me."

"Sure thing Babe." Toby set the bottle along with the glasses on the nightstand and laid down, kind of propped up on a few pillows so he could see the TV; the volume was not up at all. I put my head on his chest and smiled. I love listening to his heart.

Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep. I reached over and turned off the alarm. It was four in the morning, Toby was still half propped up on the pillows and I was still holding on to him other than shutting off the alarm.

"I guess we both fell back to sleep, Happy New Year, Babe." Toby chuckled and hugged me tight to him.

I laughed. "Happy New Year, Toby." I looked up at him and kissed him. I wanted to do more, but I had to get to work. I just switched back to twelve hour shifts which sucked, because I had to leave earlier. I looked over at the clock, "I better get a move on it." Toby squeezed me once more and let me up.

***Toby***

While Doc was getting ready for work, I went downstairs to get him a travel mug of coffee and warm him up a breakfast sandwich from the freezer. I can't believe that we both fell back to sleep last night, but at least I was holding the one that I love when it turned midnight, he thought to himself. I cracked the garage open and started his car for him so it would be warm when he got in.

"You're too good to me." Doc smiled when he walked into the kitchen.

"Nah, I think it's the other way around. I was going to come into work later to work on another proposal for the board, would you like to do lunch?"

He reached up and hugged and kissed me and turned to leave. "I'll call you when I can do lunch. I love you."

"Love you." I got out as he was closing the door to the garage. I turned around and found Merlin staring at me, she was sitting on the counter. "I suppose you want to be fed?" She just meowed and went over to her bowl. I laughed and went to go get the little can of cat food and a spoon.

After straightening up, I took a shower and got ready to head in. I put on my monkey suit just in case I ran into a big wig but I knew I wouldn't because of it technically being a holiday. I drove into work. I wanted to work on the next security issue at the hospital; we finally have the metal detectors installed in the ER. Now I would like some funding for training, I don't want all my guards carrying but the ones that do, I would like them trained properly, because I know when they were certified to carry. There is also other training or schooling I would like all my guards to go through, but we will see if I can get it funded. I'm hoping if I do get it funded that they will take the opportunity and do it.

So once I arrived at the hospital I stopped by the ER to let Doc know that I was there just in case I drowned myself in my work and forgot about lunch, so he didn't think I forgot about him. I went to my office and Nick, the guard assigned to watch the security monitors, was surprised to see me.

"Hey Boss, what you doing here on your day off?"

"Just going to work on something in my office for a while. Let Doctor Thomas in if he shows up, please."

"Of course I will let the Doc in." He smiled as I turned and walked away.

***Jake***

I was smiling when I walked into Toby's office, I couldn't wait to tell him. "Wow, you look happy." Toby said when he looked up from his desk after he heard the door open.

"I am." I closed the door and rounded his desk and kissed him. "You know I'm going to the conference in a week?"

"Yeah, I remember." He smiled at me.

"Well, the week before there are training session that I wasn't picked for but Doctor Weatherston was."

"Okay, and?"

"Well, he's sick and can't go, so that means I get to go in his place, Doctor Franklin just informed me. So, they have it set up, all Weatherston's reservations have been changed over to me and I'm going to get to sit in on the training sessions."

Toby laughed. "Doc, I love you, you are making some sense, but what are the training sessions, and when do you leave?"

"Ohhh." I chuckled. I knew I was hyper, I was just excited that I was actually getting to go, only a few doctors a year get picked to attend the sessions and out of our hospital Weatherston and I were picked but I was as a back-up. "New procedures for Emergency Room Doctors, classroom training from seven in the morning to six in the evening, with breaks of course. We can sit in and view any operation at the hospital when we are not in class."

"That is great, I'm happy that you are going to learn something new." Toby hugged me when he said that. "So when do I take you to the airport?"

"Sunday, I leave Sunday. Franklin gave me the weekend off so I can get ready." Then it dawned on me. "Oh, Babe."

"What?"

"Your birthday, it's Monday, I will be missing your birthday."

"Babe, this is more important than my birthday, we can celebrate my birthday at any time, you can't do this at any time." Oh my God! He is so sweet. I looked him in the eyes, he was telling the truth, it didn't bother him that I was going to miss his birthday.

"Since I'm going to be in Chicago over the following weekend, without anything to do, and it would be silly to come all the way home when I have to be there Monday for the conference. Would you like to fly out and stay with me for the weekend? We could celebrate your birthday a little late but in Chicago."

"I would love that, Doc." Toby smiled.

"Okay, I will take care of everything for you. Let's go have lunch before my time is up."

We went down to the cafeteria and both got a tray of food, and sat on the same side of the booth in the far corner in the back of the cafeteria. There were a lot of patients and families there, but Toby and I were in our own world. When I finished my food I just leaned up to him and smiled. He put his arm around me, I didn't care who was watching us. I was paged to return to the ER not long after, we cleared the table and Toby walked me back.

***Toby***

Doc was so excited when he came in. I didn't want to show that I was a little disappointed that he wouldn't be around to celebrate my birthday with me, but hell, we would that following weekend, in Chicago no less. This is going to be fun, I have never been to Chicago, and honestly I don't know how much of the city I will get to see.

Doc has been working six to six-thirty, usually three on and three off. It kind of sucks, but it is nice when his weekends fall in line with mine. I stopped by the ER around four to let him know that I was heading home and to see if he wanted anything special for dinner, but he didn't.

I stopped by my place of course to park my car in my garage. I like to check and make sure everything is in order at least once in a while. We have pretty much moved all my clothes over to Doc's place, we are in the process of trading out what furniture we want and donate what we don't want to a center that helps women leaving abusive relationships. We still have a bit more to weed through but we almost have my condo cleaned out.

I'm going to have to rent a parking space under the covered parking near our condo, which is fine. The garage only fits one car and I don't want to park in front of the garage every night because I don't want to block Doc in. He told me that it is fine, that the first one home should park in the garage. I just laughed at him, I will never take his garage from his little Beamer.

***Jake***

The last few days flew by quickly. I couldn't believe it was Sunday already and Toby was taking me to the Airport. I have been so excited. I don't know why, it isn't like I couldn't go to this next year or maybe the following year, it was that I really wanted to go this year for some odd reason. And two weeks away from Boston to be in Chicago; I wish Toby could spend the entire time with me, but I know he would have been bored during the day when I was in class or in the meetings.

Toby took a half a day off on Friday, so I have him on a flight early, I also have him in first class, nothing but the best for my guy. I just can't wait to start classes on Monday morning. I asked Toby if he wanted his gift over the weekend or the following weekend when we were in Chicago, but he said he would prefer if we celebrated it all in Chicago.

When Toby dropped me off at the airport he parked in short-term parking and walked me to the terminal of course he couldn't go through security with me but he walked with me through check-in. Then we slowly walked over to the line for security. "Can I hug you, Doc?"

I smiled, "You better."

Toby stepped in, hugged me and whisper in my ear, "I love you, Doc."

"I love you too, Toby." I broke the embrace and smiled at him. I didn't care who was looking, I stepped in and reached up and pulled him down to kiss him. "I will miss you, see you Friday." I smiled and walked up to the first check point for the security check and showed my ticket to get in line for the metal detectors. I could see Toby watching me the entire way through the security lines, I waved to him just before I turn the corner towards the gates.

***Toby***

Well Doc has been gone a few days to a conference and I'm already missing him. I feel like a pathetic person for already missing him, I can't sleep. We have been talking on the phone at night for just a little bit, he had reading to do every night so he hasn't been wanting to stay on long.

I been staying up late trying to tire myself out cleaning the already clean house. The cat keeps looking at me like I'm insane, but she is fine as long as I feed and pet her the required five minutes before she bites me and moves to the other end of the couch.

***Jake***

I have been busy from the moment I arrived Sunday. They had a meet-and-greet at the hotel; it was nice to get to know the other doctors that I would be spending the week with in the classroom. I got a little tipsy, I didn't mean to and one of the other doctors helped me to my room. I called Toby and he laughed at me, but we talked for a while. I drank a bit of coffee to sober up a bit before going to bed that night.

The next morning came too early. I showered and made it down to breakfast before heading over to the hospital for the first session. The doctor that walked me to my room last night was waiting for me at breakfast.

"Hey, how are you this morning? Do you remember me?"

"Yeah, you walked me to my room, Dr...er..."

"Doyle, Macon Doyle, and if I remember correctly you're Jake Thomas?" I nodded my head. "Do you mind if I join you for breakfast?"

"Not at all."

We had breakfast together then went over to the hospital for the morning session. It was a lot of information thrown at us. They had boxed lunches brought in for us, so it could be just a thirty-minute break and we could return back to the session. By time we were done for the evening I was so tired Macon was begging me to have dinner with him back at the hotel.

"Hey how about this Jake, we share a taxi back to the hotel, we have dinner and a drink in the bar. By then you will be really relaxed you will go right to sleep."

"I really need to make a phone call tonight, it's..."

"Don't worry Jake, whomever you have to call will be around after dinner."

God, Macon is pushy. "I really need to make this phone call, I should have called him earlier today. It's my boyfriend's birthday."

"Oh, well, why don't you try calling him on the way to the hotel and then we can have dinner on time?"

I just nodded, I didn't want to do that, but it would save a little time. I called while we were waiting to get a taxi but it went to voicemail. I left one telling him that I loved him, wishing him a happy birthday and that I was heading to dinner in a bit, and to call me when he could. When I hung up from the voicemail our taxi pulled up and off we went back to the hotel.

We told each other that we would meet back in front of the restaurant in fifteen minutes. When I came back down Macon was already waiting there for me. "Jake what is going through your head?"

He motioned me through the restaurant doors as I answered, "I just miss my boyfriend is all, and it is his birthday today."

"Well let's see what we can do to help you miss him just a little less." We were shown to a table right away and our waiter came straight over. "He would like a vodka and cranberry and I would like Elijah 23." The waiter nodded his head and walked away, I just looked at him. "Did I get your drink wrong?"

"No."

"What does your boyfriend do?"

"He is head of security at my hospital."

"Well that isn't a hard job, not much thinking to it."

Thank God the phone started to vibrate and I excused myself from the table. I was so happy when I pulled it out of my pocket to see that it was Toby. "Hey Babe, Happy Birthday, I love you."

"Thanks, I love you too. You sound like you're in a restaurant."

Toby must have heard the stuff going on in the background, someone dropping a tray and then crash of dishes. "Yeah, I'm out for dinner."

"Call me when you are back to your room, I'll let you eat." Toby sounded a little down, I hope that he was okay.

"I would prefer to skip dinner and talk to you, I forgot how much some doctors can be on the asshole side of attitude."

Toby chuckled, "What do you mean by that Doc?"

"Just I have been hanging with a doctor for the last day and I think he is one of those that believe anyone that isn't a doctor is below them. That is who I was just sitting down to have dinner with when you called, thank God we just ordered drinks and that was all."

"Was he the one that you were drinking with last night? He was the one that walked you to your room?"

"Yes, why Toby?"

"Your drink is at the table with him right now?"

"Probably?"

"Doc, don't drink it, don't drink anything at the table. Ask for a bottle of water and a clean glass."

"Toby, why what's going on?"

"Doc, you said it yourself last night that you didn't think you had that much to drink and you were beyond tipsy, and that you needed someone to walk you back to your room?"

"So you think Macon did something to my drink?" I couldn't believe Toby would even suggest that. "Toby I think you are overreacting, but I won't touch the drink."

"Or your water, if you don't want to ask for bottled, find something wrong with the glass, I'm sure you can do that." Toby laughed, thinking of the time they were out at a restaurant and Jake sent the glass back two times, finally just asking for a bottle of water.

"Okay Toby, I will order something he hasn't been alone with, will that make you happy?"

"What would make me happier was if I was there with you, but I know I can't be."

It was my turn to chuckle, "Are you jealous Toby? And anyway, you will be with me on Friday and I can't wait." I could see Macon from where I was standing and I could see that he was getting impatient. "Honey can I call you when I'm done with dinner? Macon looks like he is getting impatient to order."

Toby laughed, "Let him wait." Then he laughed again. "Yeah call me when you are done with dinner, I would love to talk more with you, I love you Babe."

"Love you too. I'll call in a bit."

I went back to the table and Macon was still waiting on me to order. "So how is your boy toy, is he missing you too?"

God he is an asshole. "Yeah he is, thanks. Are you ready to order?" I waved over the waiter and quickly looked over the menu, and looked up at the waiter. "Hi I would like the chicken breast." I wasn't going to say the correct name that they had for it. "I will also have the house salad with vinaigrette, and can you take the vodka and cranberry, along with the water away and bring me a nice Chardonnay please?"

"Yes Sir, and for you?" The waiter turned to Macon.

Macon opened his mouth then closed it, he was looking at me. "Umm, I will have the Salmon and also the house with vinaigrette. Thank you."

"Would you like anything else to drink Sir?"

"A glass of Pinot Noir, thank you."

The waiter took the glasses away that was in front of me and left. Macon continued to stare for a second and then pick up the conversation. He was an arrogant ass, I work with doctors like him and I'm glad that I don't hang around with them.

During dinner we did talk a bit and he would reach across the table and touch my hand, the first time he did it I didn't think anything about it but when he kept doing it, it started to bother me. "Macon please don't do that."

"Do what?"

"Touch me, I don't mean to sound petulant, but I don't want you touching me, I have a boyfriend."

"Fine, I just thought, what the boyfriend doesn't know, wouldn't hurt him."

On that note, I decided dinner was over and waved the waiter over. "Can I get my check please?" The waiter nodded his head and walked away.

"Don't be like that Jake, don't you like spending time with me?" He pleaded with me.

"Actually I am going to be like that. I'm in a relationship and I tell Toby everything." The waiter came back and sat our separate checks on the table and I didn't waste any time. I signed my room number to the receipt and left a tip, and got up and walked out.

I was just outside the restaurant when the waiter caught up with me. "Sir?" I spun around, I thought it was Macon following me, but when I saw it was the waiter I smiled. "Sir, I'm sorry to bother you, I..." He looked around, he looked a little wary. "Sir, just be careful around that man, I'm not sure. I mean, I'm not positive but I thought I saw him put something in your drink, I was glad that you asked me to take it away, Sir. I hope Sir..." The waiter looked down, I think he thought he may have messed up that I may have been with Macon. "If you would like, I will go get my manager so you can make a complaint against me, Sir."

"What for?" I smiled. "For telling me what you think you may have seen? Thank you. I hope for his sake that he didn't put anything in my drink but thank you for telling me." I looked at the young man he was smiling. "If I would have started to drink it, would you have done anything?"

"Yes Sir, I had already planned to accidently bump into you, spilling your drink, and I was hoping that you would forgive me, because that cranberry juice would have stained your suit, but I would have offered to pay for it, but probably lost my job."

"Well I'm glad that didn't have to happen." I patted him on the back. "Do you work this weekend?" He looked at me funny. "I'm asking because my boyfriend will be joining me here for the weekend and I would like him to meet you."

"Yes Sir, the dinner shift all weekend."

"Okay, I'm Jake Thomas, you are?"

"Sorry, Marshall Jones, Sir."

"Thank you Marshall. Have a good night." I left him and went straight up to my room to call Toby.

***Toby***

Waiting for Doc to call back was excruciating. I wanted to call in for the rest of the two weeks and just be there to watch him. I know Doc is a grown man and can take care of himself but I hate him being away from me and I can't protect him. God I can't wait until Friday.

123
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Gay Male
  • /
  • Jake and Toby Ch. 08

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 162 milliseconds