• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Soul Mates

Soul Mates

1234

Have you ever had an idea take form in your head? Something that shouted for your attention while you are working on other things? I did, and this story is it. It invaded my work, sleep and even some of my relationships. I have no idea if it is going to be a good or bad story...I just know I have to write it to get it out of my head so I can go back to writing what I prefer to write. My old editor once asked me if I was able to write on more than one project at a time, this case here proves I can't. I have to choose one or the other. Hopefully getting this out of the way will then clear up my thought space.

I wasn't sure what Category to put this tale in. After having some test readers look at it, they said it might be fun to put it in Loving Wives. I shrugged and thought, "Why Not?"

I want to say thank you to my fans, and thank you to the ones who hate my writing. For the compliments and kind words are a balm to my heart. The harsh words and non-constructive criticisms make me chuckle.

Chapter 1:

(Jim's View)

I have always loved this place...the Winston. I don't know if it qualifies as a bar or a pub or a club. Never bothered to look up the differences and it has been called all three things by its customers. I just know they got a wide selection of beer and liquor. Also, they make the best burgers and fries I have ever tasted in my life, and whenever they get a live band the place is packed! No, the Winston is not the subject of this story; it's my wife who is dancing with me right now in this sea of people.

Standing at 5 foot 8 with wide hips and a full chest and an easy grin and soft wavy brown hair she always reminded me of a small pixie you see in those fantasy movies. Except she decided to get human sized and ditch those wings of hers. Though that one Halloween she wore those wings she got from the costume shop with that Tinkerbell green dress...

...We never made it to the party!

The music was slowing down a little, and several people moved off of the dance floor as a slower number came on. I put my hands on her waist, my thumbs finding that little groove on her hips where they fit perfectly, she put her arms around my neck and she gently swayed to the soft music. I matched her movements and we stayed for the next number. I love the way my wife smells! The sweat from dancing mixing with her perfume and body spray all makes a very subtle aroma that causes my heart to beat a little more quickly. It is incredible to me that I even got her in the first place!

It was on one of our turns while dancing that I noticed a difference in the crowd. Obviously while dancing there will be an audience watching everyone on the dance floor. The people who don't know how to dance, the ones who are looking to dance with someone, and those who are just tired and staring off into space and you happen to come into their field of vision.

This was definitely none of those!

The man was tall, and wearing a very tight T-shirt. He had slicked back hair and his face was clean-shaven. His eyes were a startling bright blue. I say startling because I noticed his eye color even at that distance, and I couldn't tell you what his shirt color was! I wondered if he was staring at me, or...I slowed my dance a little and saw he was staring directly at my wife's back. I stopped dancing, and held still for a moment, his eyes moved up from where they were staring and met mine. I held his gaze for a moment without expression, then continued dancing, letting a natural turn break the eye contact.

"Jim? Something wrong?" My wife said looking up at me.

"Not really Beth, let's finish up here..." She nodded and kissed the bottom of my throat before continuing to dance.

The song came to its natural conclusion and we clapped for the band and walked back to the bar. I always preferred eating at the bar as opposed to eating at a table. I like being close to where my food is being prepared, and having direct contact with my server. Not to mention I am close to where all the good beer is!

Speaking of beer, "What do you wanna drink Beth?" I asked. She got mint lemonade with vodka, and I got an India pale.

As we waited for our drinks she looked slightly up at me since we were sitting side by side and tapped my arm. "You noticed those guys looking at me?" She asked. I glanced down at her in surprise!

"Guys?" I asked, "I only noticed one..."

She turned her head to look past my shoulder and I saw her light brown eyes widen then narrow a little.

"Well, I could be wrong...but one of them is really checking me out hard. He's got some people with him, but they only glance every now and then. Hmmmm... should we go over and say hi? Maybe I look like someone he knows from somewhere and he is too shy to come over to find out?"

I love Beth a lot, one of the reasons is because she usually looks for the good in people and expects that to be their motivations. Heaven help them when she realizes that their intentions are less than best!

"Nah, it's alright Sweets. Let me go over and see if he wants to join us?" She nodded and took another sip of her drink as I stood up.

I took another swig of beer as Beth began to order food. I always let her do that. She had an uncanny ability to take one look at a hungry person and know exactly what they needed to eat. I know it sounds silly but she always got it right. I heard her ordering a brisket sandwich and smiled. I would have just gotten a burger, but brisket sounded really good...love that woman!

I made my way over to where I last saw that guy with the slicked back hair and saw him almost immediately. Actually I saw him watching me as I scanned the crowd. Normally I do not do this, Beth has gotten checked out before, but she didn't see the way this guy was looking at her while we danced. Or maybe she did? Remember? She always believes the best about people. Which is kind of amazing since she works retail so one would think that she'd have a better idea about human nature.

I am getting off topic though, the way this guy looked at her...it wasn't checking her out. It wasn't leering either. It was like he...hard to explain.

It was like he OWNED her!

Which set off all kinds of caveman alarms in my head and chest. However, I am a modern man. I went to college, sort of...became a diesel mechanic. I have had just about every type of job you can think of growing up. I do not squabble in the dirt and swing clubs at people. I can be polite and conscientious...

"You...jerk!" I said as I came up in front of Slick Hair. He had seen me getting closer and his head snapped up as I spoke.

Those weird blue eyes of his glared at me as he growled out, "What did you say?" I saw his nostrils flare a little, as if he was breathing more through his nose than his mouth. I also noticed he had four men with him, and they all were very different, yet the same? It was like they all came from the same mold, but had different little traits.

Muscular bodies? Check. Good looking? Check. Piercing eyes? Check. Overly confident? Mmmmm....check!

But one had blonde hair, different eye colors, stuff like that. Anyway, Slick had asked me a question. I pasted a smile on my face and responded.

"I saw you noticed my wife..." I saw Slick's face flinch a little as his eyes darted past me to where Beth was sitting at the bar. "...Normally you should compliment someone instead of just stare at them. Anyway, just wanted to let you know I am glad you think my wife is attractive."

His face flinched a little harder when I said the word "wife" again. That was odd! I noticed a waitress walking by and stopped her. I asked her to buy another round of drinks for the group, and put it on my tab. The men heard me and watched me curiously as I stood there. When the waitress left I looked back at Slick, and kept my eyes on his. Normally I don't do this since it's never wise to challenge a man in front of his friends, but I had a point to make.

"Now, have another round on me, keep your stares to yourself. I don't appreciate someone eye humping my wife!"

I'll be damned if he didn't blink first! Seemed to surprise him and the rest of the group. I chalked it up to I knew I was on the moral high ground, more or less, and he knew he wasn't. I gave him and the rest of the group a nod and walked back to Beth.

"Did he know me?" She asked as she took a bite of her fries. I looked at what she was eating. A grilled cheese tomato and bacon sandwich with fries and fruit salad. I looked at my brisket sandwich with coleslaw and pickle.

"No, he didn't and good choice on food!" I said. She smiled and leaned in for a kiss, which I avoided by touching the pickle slice to her lips. She blinked and then I kissed her. She rubbed her mouth and giggled before turning back to her food.

I glanced back over at where Slick was, and noticed he was chatting with the rest of the group. There was some finger poking going on, and finally they got up and left. I sighed, and then went back to enjoying the meal.

We had been talking about my chances at getting promoted at work and she had some ideas about trying to sell more of her products for men. Which didn't make much sense to me. Beth does retail work. I don't have a good head for it, but she sells Mary Kay products. She has over a dozen women she works with and gets together with. I don't know how it works but I guess she knows her stuff. One year she got this crazy looking pink Cadillac! I almost thought I was at the wrong house...she said she got it through sales and it was paid for her to use because she got to a certain level or something. I'd asked if she could get a good pink truck to haul all of her beauty products around...she thought about it, then said she preferred the big trunk, since it was easier for her to use than a truck bed.

The fact that she seriously considered my point is one of the many reasons I love her. One of the other reasons is about to be made apparent very quickly!

Beth had gotten up to use the ladies room. I scanned the room to see if Slick and his boys had left. Apparently they had so I went back to my beer and was looking at the dessert menu. A piece of apple cobbler with some ice cream we could share sounded good. I knew she wanted to come back quick because, well, I know she wanted a say in the dessert so after a few minutes went by I looked up to see if she was coming, and noticed Slick was there. No, not next to me, he had his back turned talking to someone smaller than him. I caught a flash of hair to the side of his chest as he was leaning down, same color hair as Beth's!

I wasn't having any of that!

I stood and began walking quickly through the groups of people, some sitting at tables, others standing. Out of the corner of my eyes I could see his buddy's were around, flanking me. Felt almost like I was being hunted. What's the matter with these guys? I buy them a drink and now this? Sure I told them off, at least one of them...but...really? Seems a little extreme doesn't it?

"It was nice meeting you, but you are in my way Fred..." I could hear Beth saying. Her voice was trembling a little. Not sure if it was nervousness or what, but I didn't like hearing her sound like that!

"Are you telling me you don't feel it? The connection between us?" I heard Fred say.

His voice sounded nice, ordinarily I would have taken note of it and compared it to the voiceover used on manly car commercials. Right now though...made me want to punch his white teeth down his throat! I was a few steps behind him when I saw him suddenly lunge down and I heard a startled "Oh...oomph!" from Beth as the frickin' moron kissed her!

I froze in place for a moment as I saw her hands grab his shoulders, then I heard a ferocious squeal as her hands turned to fists and one began to draw back! I knew exactly what was going to happen then...better head her off at the pass.

I gripped Fred's shoulder and pulled, firmly but lightly away from my wife.

"Excuse me...!"

I did my best to keep my voice even as I reached past him to grab a hold of Beth's hand. Her face was furious, and her eyes looked shocked, but mixed with something else that caught me off guard. For just a moment I thought I saw a thread of passion hidden in the outrage. I turned my gaze to Fred who stared down at me with angry eyes for interrupting his moment and his eyes changed from that startling blue to a rich golden amber color and I heard a low growl come from his throat!

My mouth fell open and that primal sound made something react in my belly. My "Fight or Flight" response kicked in and I chose the Flight option. I gripped Beth's hand harder, and she gripped mine just as hard as I pulled her back behind me. Fred, seeing me pull Beth away from him, intensified his growl and his hand shot out faster than my eyes could follow. He grabbed a hold of my wrist so tight I thought I could feel my wrist bones grinding together!

Which is when the Fight option kicked off in my reflexes.

I have lost more fights than I have won in my lifetime. Oh I freely admit it. My Dad always told me that was a good thing since it meant I knew how to lose. Generally speaking, anyone I fought, even though I lost never wanted to fight me again. Some of them I even came to be friends with. In fact I work closely at the shop with an old bully of mine, who finally grew up! The point I am making is that I have lost most of my fights...

...but I have definitely won some too!

His grip was insanely strong, much stronger than I anticipated. Maybe it was an intimidation technique? I do know that I felt massively threatened and quickly twisted my forearm toward his thumb and popped my wrist out of his grip. Still with a strong dose of fear in me, my fingers grabbed a hold of his thumb and I gave a strong twisting jerk. There was a wrenching sensation and I both saw and heard him gasp in pain.

"Beta!" I heard someone shout from beside me, and stars exploded across my vision, I hit the ground and noticed several pairs of shoes pulling back and then shooting forward! I curled up as kicks rained down on me. I heard growling and muttered cussing, "Fucking human...Teach you too...Take it!"

Which is when I heard a female yell of outrage and a dull THUNK of wood hitting something. It reminded me of how I first met my wife. She had picked up a pool cue and used it to beat the ever-loving daylights out of some drunk bikers and chased them out of a bar. She had been a bouncer at a local roadhouse. She had been the nice one, used to go in and sweetly tell patrons they had been cut off and then offered coffee to sober up. Strangely enough the technique worked very well! Most drunk guys took no exception to a pretty woman smiling at them and offering them a free cup of coffee and a glass of water to help them clear their heads.

However she also knew how to hold her own, and had to on occasion when the regular bouncers couldn't get there quickly enough.

I saw the seat of a chair smash into the side of the head of one of the men, coldly dropping him on his ass. With another yell the chair came whistling towards the chest of another who grabbed the chair tightly in his hands. He had started to smirk when Beth stepped to the side and her lead foot stomped on his instep, snapped to the side of his knee, then flicked up to kick him in the groin! He gave a small howling groan before she took the chair from his limp fingers and then turned to jam the legs into the chest of a third man! I grinned through a split lip as the fourth man stepped back, his hands raised. I noticed that his eyes looked a golden amber color as well, before changing to a regular piercing brown. Beth was breathing hard as she held a hand down to me. I patted her shoe to let her know I got it. The unspoken answer to her question that I could get up on my own but she needed to be on guard. She resumed standing, watching everyone around us.

I saw Winston, the owner and namesake of the place was heading towards us, and Fred could see him too.

"Hey! Fred!" Beth said. I was standing beside her now, my hand on her shoulder. Fred looked at her and I could see pain on his face.

"When a woman tells you, be she married or not, that she doesn't know you and you kiss her...? That makes you an asshole! When her husband shows up and tries to intervene and you have your boys jump him? That makes you one of the lowest forms of life on the planet! I wish I knew what to call you, I wish I had words for what I really think of you! You lowlife!" Beth was shaking hard, and my hand seemed to soothe her, but for some reason it felt like I could feel her pulling away from me.

Winston had come up and surveyed the scene, he was about to speak when Beth gave another body shudder and wiped her hand over her lips and then spat hard onto Fred's shoe.

"You kissed me you animal! I didn't say you could! You grabbed me and forced me to kiss you!" I had never seen her so mad! I had seen guys try to, and sometimes steal a kiss from Beth before. Usually they had gotten a hard slap that set them straight, but she had always shrugged it off.

Winston finally spoke, "I got one of the boys to call the cops. You all better stay to get this sorted out..." He was pointing at the group of men who reluctantly nodded.

I knew I was staying with Beth, and we walked over to be away from them. She looked like she was going to be ill, and her eyes hardly left where Fred was standing. Only when I interposed myself between them did she look at me, and when she did she began crying and then wouldn't let me go! I had never seen her this shaken over a bar fight before! For some reason this one had affected her personally. I glared over my shoulder at Fred who was talking to the police. He looked over only once, but when he did...I thought I detected a small smile of satisfaction.

Chapter 2:

It ended up to where Fred and his boy band of misfits paid for damages. Surprisingly enough, given how much of a donkey's ass he acted he actually appeared contrite when Beth demanded a restraining order, and was granted it! Seems there had been talk about pressing charges of sex abuse of some kind. Never knew it but forcibly kissing someone after they say they aren't interested is sexual assault if you want to make a big enough stink about it.

My wife was really pushing hard for everything and anything she could get on this guy! Not that I minded, but I wanted to know why. It had been about two weeks into this, and my bruises had faded, and guys at worked stopped calling me a raccoon. I walked into the living room after work where Beth was reading one of her paranormal romance novels. I got nothing against those books but if I have to hear one more tale about a sparkly vampire or a werewolf finding his/her mate and bonding for life I will puke! She seemed to be reading it much more closely and was worrying her lower lip with her teeth.

"Hey Beth?" I called out as I walked inside. I'd had an idea to get her out of her funk. She didn't respond, in fact she seemed to not have heard me as she scribbled furiously on a notepad next to her. There was a stack of several more books next to her, some looking like they had been checked out of the library.

"Beth? Want to clear your head for a while?" I asked as I came up behind her and put my hands on her shoulders. She tensed up under my fingers and then forced herself to relax as she laid her head back against my stomach.

"Yeah...what do you have in mind?" She asked, looking up at me by tipping her head back. I for just a moment considered asking if she wanted a full body massage followed by a furious round of "Who Cums First!" But for the past few weeks she had been kind of well, awkward in bed. She would jump me and we would wrestle each other down and I would kiss and caress any part of her body in reach. We would go through the motions, I would feel her body responding...Then...

1234
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Soul Mates

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 11 milliseconds