• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonConsent/Reluctance
  • /
  • Light and Dark Ch. 01

Light and Dark Ch. 01

I'm rooting around my bag to look for my rain jacket as Professor James mucks his way through the grasses over to me. I give him a wave as I shrug on my jacket, flipping the hood up to protect my face from the drizzle that's started.

"Iris!" Professor James gives me his trademark goofy grin as he pushes his glasses up his nose. He's carrying a box full of the samples all of my biology classmates have collected. Studying this wetland has been an exciting opportunity for me to dip my toe into what it would be like to be an ecologist.

"Iris, this is..." Professor James' face falls as he realizes that he cannot remember the name of the guy that's standing beside him. I hadn't noticed him before.

"Ash," he supplies his name softly, his dark eyes locking with mine.

Rain falls onto his chiseled face and his mussed black hair. His dark grey T-shirt is pulled taught over his muscles. He's not bulky, but lithe and strong. He gives off an aura of pent up energy, like it is all he can do to stand still.

He proffers a hand as his dark eyes assess me. I shake his hand, which is surprisingly hot considering his complete lack of appropriate autumn clothing. His eyes travel slowly, leisurely, from my toes up to my face. He smiles slowly, unashamed at being caught checking me out. My mouth drops open a little, and he winks. He's cocky. I chastise myself for being so easily flustered by a playboy suddenly appearing in the middle of my academic day.

I clear my throat, finally remembering myself. "Iris," I mumble, letting go of his hand as if it's burned me.

It's been a long time since I've been with anyone. I've only been with one guy since my high school boyfriend. I met him at my best friend Claire's party. He was good looking, and bookish to boot, but he was so full of himself that he only wanted to hear his own voice. After a few months, I realized that I deserved better. I swore off cocky boys.

Professor James pulls me back into the present. "Iris, will you let Ash shadow you? He's thinking about switching majors so he's 'sitting in," here he pauses to let his air quotes have their full impact, "on our class today. Not a lot of sitting today though!" Professor James starts chuckling at his own joke, and I crack a small smile in response. He starts ambling away before I can say anything.

I turn, with mixed feelings, to Ash. He's still looking at me with an inappropriate intensity, and I want to tell him that he's supposed to be studying our natural environment, not me. He smiles, and I flush, feeling like he can read my mind. But, he is easy on the eyes. His skin is caramel colored, and briefly I wonder about his heritage.

"So, Iris, what are we doing?" He shifts closer, not even pausing as he invades my personal space, his shoulder brushing mine as he examines the samples of dirt that I'm carrying.

"Well," I hate how my voice is cracking, "We're collecting samples."

"Yes, I've gotten that far." His eyes are mirthful. As I blush again, I realize that I'm in trouble. Nice boys, you want nice boys. With my mantra playing in my mind, I smile back frostily, not letting it touch my eyes. He seems to cool off a little, tilting his head to the side. "Sorry," he murmurs contritely, "but I really am curious. Have you guys been doing this all quarter?"

Now I'm on solid ground. "Yeah, we've been coming out here every two weeks. We're partnered with a wildlife preserve. It's really cool, actually." I find myself smiling stupidly as I look at my dirt samples. This kind of class was what I had always dreamed of. I had always loved being out in nature, and I hoped that this kind of coursework would blossom into a career someday.

Ash is studying me again, and I suddenly become embarrassed at my own enthusiasm. "Sorry," I apologize, "I get really fired up about this kind of stuff."

He shrugs, his muscles rippling fluidly, his gaze casually assessing, heating my body up. "Passion is sexy," is all he replies, his voice husky and smooth.

I'm too surprised to answer him, and, unable to look at him anymore, I drop down to my haunches. I gesture for him to follow suit without looking at him. I feel sparks of electricity sizzle between us as he slides down beside me, his bare arm brushing up against mine. He suddenly strikes me as a predator, or a warrior, coiled and lying in wait in the brush for his prey. His eyes shift over to me as the silence stretches between us. Heat travels down my body, intensifying in my belly. I worry my lower lip, frankly admiring his stark features: his eyes are almost black but flecked with silver, giving him an almost inhuman, ethereal quality, and the lines of his face are sharp and defined. He definitely does not look like a college student. He doesn't have an ounce of softness in his face or on his body. He leans in a little, and I find myself breathing shallowly, feeling paralyzed, like we are suspended as the misty air between us grows warmer and fuller. I smell a sharp, hot scent in the air around him.

"You are so much more than I expected," his voice is heated, sensual- too sexy for an 8:00 AM ecology expedition. His voice breaks the spell between us, and I shake my head, feeling dazed.

I'm caught on what he's just said. More than he expected? "Sorry? Did Professor James talk me up?" I'm lightly joking and I'm also hopeful, since distant alarm bells are going off in my mind. Why would he be expecting something from someone he's just met?

"Yes, he did, actually," he murmurs, his foot shifting in the grass to touch mine. I don't doubt that Professor James talked about me, but I am left with the uneasy feeling that I am somehow at a disadvantage in this strange, sexy, and combative dance I'm sensing between us.

I shake my head again, looking away from him. I can't concentrate when I'm looking at him. I push my fingers into the loamy dirt that I've been collecting, letting the feeling of the fertile ground comfort me. Touching the earth has always had a magical effect on me- I feel as though I can trace a network of teeming life, like a thousand golden threads are expanding out from where my fingers touch the ground. I get lost in that network now, sensing out how alive the wet dirt is, all of the life that is dying and being reborn beneath the surface. I've never talked about how I feel when I touch natural things. Anyone in my family or circle of friends would think I'd gone full on hippy hocus-pocus. But I need the calming feel of the ground now. I take a steadying breath, closing my eyes momentarily. I don't think I've ever experienced five minutes more charged than this.

When I reopen my eyes, I find that Ash is watching me carefully, a strange expression on his face. I ignore him, ready to commit to dancing around whatever is happening between this man and I. "Did Professor James give you some equipment?" I avoid looking directly at him. I'm all business now. I've sworn off the bad boys.

It's the end of the two hours, and the rest of the class, Ash, and I are all standing in a semi-circle around Professor James as he preps us for next week's class. Ash is keeping up his habit of standing uncomfortably close, right behind me, and I feel the hairs stand on the back of my neck as his hot breath tickles me. Some of the other girls in my class are sneaking not-so-surreptitious glances at him, and I feel bizarrely smug, even though it was just a coincidence that Professor James assigned me to show him the ropes.

As Professor James dismisses us I suddenly feel awkward. Do I say goodbye? I decide to just head to my car. I don't really know him, anyway.

Disappointment nags at me as I move through the grasses towards the road. Then, it evaporates as I hear the grass rustle beside me, and I don't even have to look to know that it's him.

I look up shyly, only to meet his secretive, sexy smile. "Did you drive out from downtown?" His innocuous question doesn't do much to belay the sinful look in his eyes. You would think he was asking me about something else. I feel myself heat for the thousandth time.

"Yeah. Why, do you need a ride?" The words are out of my mouth before I can stop them. What are you doing?

He smiles slowly, and it isn't quite like dawn breaking, but more like... a panther that's just had a good meal. I shiver. I don't even know this guy. I should know better than giving strange, good-looking men rides. Well, you can't take it back now.

"That would be great, thanks." He slips his hands in his pockets as he moves sinuously beside me. The way he moves is so fluid, it's uncanny. "You really love doing this," he adds, out of nowhere, gesturing to the field around us.

"Yeah," I respond, unsure of whether or not he's really interested. "I just love being outside, getting my hands dirty." I shrug.

He glances at me with amusement. "I bet you do."

Embarrassment floods me, and I suddenly feel annoyed. "So, what, you're just out sampling all the majors or something?" My voice is a little sharper than I intend.

He grins, his dark eyes dancing. "I always like to sample things before I make a commitment. Don't you?"

I realize that I've led us to my car on autopilot. I throw open the door, simultaneously humiliated and turned on by his double-speak. I sit in my seat with a huff, and I make him wait a second before I reach over and unlock the door. He sits next to me, holding his hands up in a placating gesture. "I'm just teasing you. Like I said, I think passion is sexy. You shouldn't feel embarrassed about that." His voice suddenly becomes firm and serious, and I don't know what is entendre and what isn't at this point. I bite my lip, turning on my engine and the heater so that the windows can defrost a little. We sit in tense silence as the gentle purr of the heater comes to life.

"Hey," his voice is hushed. I don't look at him.

"Hey," he repeats, and I'm startled by his fingers turning my chin in his direction. Without warning, hot lips are pressed against my own, and the sharp, hot smell is back, hitting the back of my throat as his soft lips slide against mine, his tongue seeking entrance. My mouth opens in a moan and he presses into me further, his hand reaching around to hold the back of my neck, keeping my lips against his. Heat coils in my belly, and I squeeze my thighs together as I feel myself growing wet. He tastes smoky and forbidden, and I gasp as he nips my lower lip, his fingers curling in my hair. He pulls slightly, tilting my neck back as he deepens the kiss.

"Iris." The way he murmurs my name against my skin is sinful, and that strange feeling of him having the upper hand returns to me.

"Stop, stop," I gasp, pulling back. I can't think.

His face hovers just beyond mine, his hand still hot against the back of my neck. I push a palm against his chest, and I can feel his hard body underneath his rain-dampened T-Shirt.

"You're wet," I comment stupidly, trying to gather myself. This is crazy! You just met him!

"So are you," he returns, and he quirks an eyebrow at me, grinning slowly. He brazenly reaches forward and sweeps a wet lock of my hair off of my face, leaving electric tingles where he's touched me. We're both breathing hard from our kiss, and it takes all of my self-control to sit back in my seat. How did I allow myself to get so swept up?

I glance over to the sinful, wet man sitting in the seat beside me, and his smoldering, smug look reminds me of how I was seduced. Well, he can wipe that look off of his face. He isn't getting anywhere further with me. I'll drop him off, and then I'll wash my hands of him and his muscled body. He hasn't moved; he's just sitting still, as if I'm a doe that won't be scared off if he waits long enough. He looks unnatural in my humble car, with his face that is both rugged and regal, his silvery eyes glimmering darkly. His mouth and his eyes promise dirty things. He smiles again under my inspection, a slow, predatorial smirk, and his regal quality dissolves into a pure animal desire that inspires an answering surge of heat in my body. How many women does he work his charms on? I grimace at him and aggressively throw my Volvo into drive. "Where to?" I'm terse.

"385 Franklin Ave, over by Angelio's coffee." His voice is both silky and composed, and it reminds me of the feeling of his demanding fingers in my hair. I breathe deeply, trying to reign in my body's reactions. I've never responded this strongly to anyone.

I startle as his words sink in. I glance at him sharply as I make my way towards the freeway. "That's right by my apartment!" Oh, good going, Iris, tell the hot stranger where you live. It seems like I've lost all sense of self-preservation.

"A happy coincidence." He smiles again, rolling his shoulders back as he settles into his seat. Something in his tone makes my alarm bells go off again, even though he's right- it is a coincidence- but I'm not convinced it's a happy one. Maybe more like a damning coincidence.

"You lived there long?" I definitely would have noticed him on the street if I had seen him. Anyone would.

"No," he answers, and it sounds like he's privy to a joke that I'm not a part of. "Not long at all." I glance over at him again, trying to read his face, but he just looks back at me placidly, his gaze impenetrable, slightly challenging. I suddenly get the sense that he could be very scary if he wanted to be.

I shudder a little, gripping the steering wheel and facing forward. Where did that come from?

"You?" His velvety voice breaks me out of my irrational feelings.

"A year." I had lived with Claire before that, but when my studies became more serious I had decided to get a space of my own.

"Alone?" I glance at him again. He seems surprised.

"What's it to you?" My voice is shaky again. Jesus, Iris, don't project stalker on this guy. He puts his hands up in a placating gesture, shrugging.

"I was just curious. You have total privacy. That's nice, right?"

I set my lips into a hard line. "Right." Scary, too, I add silently.

"So how long have you been interested in ecology?" He changes topics abruptly, and his question surprises me a little. He struck me as a playboy that wouldn't actually be interested in me.

I shrug. "I've always loved being outdoors. I love handling plants. I worked at a nursery in high school. It's just so...invigorating." I stop before I get too carried away with my nerdy passion for plants.

He nods slowly. "That makes a lot of sense," he finally says cryptically, not elaborating.

I glance at him. "How does that make sense?"

He looks thoughtful. "We have a sacred connection with the earth. You may be more in tune with that than others, especially since we've built these concrete fortresses between us and the natural world." He gestures towards the window and our urban backdrop.

Ok. This guy is full of surprises. "I wouldn't have pegged you as the mother nature type."

"Don't let appearances deceive you, Iris." I look at him as I pull onto Franklin Ave, and I'm startled by the seriousness in his eyes.

"Do you want to deceive me?" The question pops out. It doesn't even make sense- there's nothing between us, no room for deceit.

His eyes darken. "I want a lot of things." He pauses, tilting his head to the side. "But right now, no, I don't think so. Right now I want to follow you up to your apartment."

I turn towards him in shock as I park the car. "You are not coming to my apartment."

Before I can react, he reaches over and takes my chin between his fingers, turning my face towards his. He leans in fluidly, panther like, ensnaring me with the sinful intention in his eyes. His thumb brushes against my lower lip, and they part as I exhale, suddenly feeling an electric pull thrum between us. My body heats in anticipation, and my belly clenches as he leans forward. His kiss is hard and demanding, and his fingers holding my chin brook no escape. He has me captured. He moves forward in his seat, and I hear the click of my own seatbelt as he unbuckles me. His hands fall to my hips, scooting me towards the innermost edge of my seat. His tongue snakes into my mouth, and I moan, desire settling hot and heavy in my belly. The fission between us overflows as his fingers tangle in my hair, pulling me towards him and tilting my head back as he consumes me, breathes fire into my lungs. His teeth scrape against the soft skin of my inner lip, and suddenly I don't care about my reservations, my suspicions, or my hang-ups. I reach out to touch him, grasping his muscled shoulders, and he groans. The sound of him makes me wet, and his hand trails down my body, his thumbs skirting down the side of my breasts. In answer I rake my fingers over the back of his dampened T-shirt.

"We both want this, Iris," his voice is deep with want as he breaks the kiss, his dark eyes hovering before mine. I notice that they aren't quite black, but flecked with almost inhuman silvery colors.

I gasp as he cups my breast, feeling its heft, and he looks at me with frank desire. "Don't you feel this?" He pinches my nipple through my sweater, and I gasp. He pinches harder, and sharp pain flares and combines with the pleasure I'm feeling, making my lower belly clench with heat. I feel a whisper of anxiety that I can't trust him, that he can't touch a woman he's just met with roughness, but I'm too turned on, too turned on to push him away.

"Feel how much I need you," he releases my nipple, his hot breath whispering against the shell of my ear, and he takes my hand and guides it to his jeans. I jerk back as I feel the outline of his arousal, but he holds my wrist against him and shifts his hips into my palm. The hard, hot look he gives me is challenging and demanding. "Invite me in, Iris."

Swallowing, mouth dry, I have enough sense to shake my head no. I won't be swept away by him. He holds my gaze, waiting for me to change my mind. His look is not imploring, but the flat, demanding look of someone who is accustomed to getting his way. I don't know how I find the strength to shake my head again. His mouth flattens into a hard line, and his look is full of dark promise.

"Fine," his voice is clipped and restrained, but when he raises the back of my hand to kiss it, a surprisingly old-fashioned gesture, his lips are sensual, and I shiver. He opens the car door, and just before he leaves his fingers trace the side of my face. "I'll see you soon," he murmurs, his tone still strained and full of lust.

As the car door shuts behind him, I sag in my seat, breathing hard. I can still smell him in the hot air of the car, and I breathe it in, shuddering.

I know, I know, no mad hot sex yet. But I promise you that it's cumming in the second installment ;) Kisses, Olivia.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonConsent/Reluctance
  • /
  • Light and Dark Ch. 01

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 56 milliseconds