• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • ABDC Ch. 09

ABDC Ch. 09

Natalia,

Visiting parents for the weekend.

Will be back for evening class on Monday.

-Camelia

I reread the note one more time before tossing it in the trashcan. Things between Camelia and I have cooled considerably, we mostly communicate via post-it note or the message board on our door. We haven't talked everything out after the slight fall out about the old gang, we just moved past it. Thankfully the spring semester brought condensed classes, more work, and less time to actually socialize. Between my hours at work, class, and studying in the library I've hardly seen Camelia. The same goes for her extra ASL classes and more parts in the school productions.

As I placed my books on the kitchen counter I wondered the first thing I'd do during my roommate free weekend. I turned the radio on and decided my first action would be spontaneous dance party. As Swedish house Mafia blared through the radio I danced like no one was watching. Twirling throughout the living room and into the dining I grabbed a bowl and filled it with water for my ramen noodles belting out the chorus

"Don't you worry, don't you worry child, see heavens got a plan for you". Rhythmically punching the time on the microwave I do my best rave jump to the beat as I twirl around and screech at the surprising figure standing before me.

"JESUS CHRI-" stopping just short of taking the Lords name in vain I clutch my chest for the pending heart attack I assume is coming. "Art, what the hell are you doing here?"

"I'm watching your sweet dance moves to bad music."

"Glad to know I amuse you but how did you get in?

"You didn't lock your door, again." I've become familiar with the annoyance in his voice over this issue. I've forgotten a total of two times, over the past three months, and Art has given me lectures on safety in the city each time.

"This isn't the suburbs or the country Talia! You can't leave your doors unlocked and a pie in the window to cool off while you go grocery shopping."

"It's not the suburbs but apparently it's the fifties."

Art glares at my sarcastic retorts every time, then I would make a Girls scout promise to lock the door. He went so far as to making me recite the Girl Scout code, which I didn't know. I forgave him for playing the graduation pomp and circumstance during the "ceremony" in my living room and he forgave me for not actually knowing the Girl Scout code.

Many moments like these led us to being close friends quickly, I barely remember the awkward time from before our friendship. Back when I thought he could have been interested in me, when I would get lost in his eyes, and my heart would skip when he talked, and the jolt of electricity that would go through me when we touched. Thank goodness that's all over, this friendship is definitely more comfortable. It's safe, we can have fun and we'll always be there for another, because we're friends.

"Earth to Luke Armstrong!" Arts voice beckoned me out of my thoughts.

"Who is Luke Armstrong?" puzzled at his reference

"You know the astronaut."

"How are you in college right now?"

"Good looks? He retorted while gracefully falling onto the sofa

"They do get you far."

"Don't discount my charming attitude and serviceable wit."

"Ah, yes and your sharp tongue and wide vocabulary."

"All tools I'll need in my writing endeavor."

"That and Google." I added as I sloped next to him.

"So what are you up to this evening?"

"I have a hot date with statuesque blonde, and you have study group in one hour."

"Shit I forgot!" Rushing to gather my chemistry book and notes I hopped around the room squeezing my foot into my black converse.

"A Friday night full of equations and test prep is not the chemistry I want to study tonight." Art yelled to me as I raced to my room for my I.D. card.

"Well you're missing out."

"You're a very odd girl Talia"

"Hey, I'm a lady not a girl."

"Yet not quite a woman."

"Ouch to the heart with the Britney comeback, that burns deep." Dramatically clutching my chest.

"Okay get out." Holding the door for his exit

"It wasn't that bad of a joke."

Chuckling "Come on I gotta get to the library and you have a blonde waiting."

¤

As I walked up the stairs to the study lounge area of the library I reminded myself to do more cardio. Looking around the stacks of books I spot a tall redhead with his head buried in a chemistry book and a pencil behind his ear.

"Hey Matt!" I cheerfully whispered "How long have you been here?"

"Uhm I don't know, not to long I guess. It's still light outside so that's a good sign."

I watched as he adjusted his silver framed eyeglasses along the bridge of his nose. Matt was the unofficial leader of our little study group, he's always prompt, has a full comprehension of the material, and takes extensive notes.

Noticing the lack of an actual study group I realized we were the only two here.

"Where's everyone else?"

"Well Staci has the flu, Terry had a conflict with her history study group, and Bill and Ted said quote 'It's fuckin Friday' and decided to go to a party instead."

"I swear those two are only friends for the irony of 90's nostalgia."

"Yeah well it's just us today, are you prepared to go over the tetrahedral bond angle proof?"

"Oh that reminds me! I have a chemistry joke"

Tilting his head in curiosity "I'm intrigued"

"A kid gets his report and he has one C and four F's, his mom asks him to explain himself. He says he was making Carbon Tetrafluoride."

I sat there making a rim shot to signal the end of the joke. Matt stared at me for what felt like forever before a small smile broke across his face and breathed a quiet chuckle.

"Do you know any Organic Chemistry jokes?" I asked

"I know Alkynes."

I stifle my laughter with my hand over my mouth, I was surprised by his humor.

"You're pretty funny." sounding a little more surprised than I intended.

"You seem surprised."

"Well I guess I just don't know your personality that well. You're strictly business during the study group. I don't think I've ever seen you smile."

"There's nothing funny about organic chemistry."

"I think we've both just proved that's incorrect. What do you do outside of the group?"

"Besides school being the most obvious, I'm in a band, I do archery, swordplay, LARPing, I'm a dungeon master, and I volunteer at hospitals."

"You're in a band?"

"Yes, did you hear anything else I mentioned?"

"Of course, I just can't quite picture you doing these things. Well besides the dungeon master thing."

"Don't judge a book by its binding Natalia."

"You're absolutely right, so tell me about the archery, it sounds fascinating."

Matt and I stayed at the library for three hours talking about everything from the instruments he plays to the rules and regulations of Dungeons and Dragons. It was nice talking to Matt about the many interesting things he's involved in. Honestly it made me feel a little inadequate, he's our study group leader, pre-med and has a ton of extracurricular activities. I go to class and hang out with Art whenever he's not busy trying to sleep with some modelesque creature. Matt agreed to teach me some archery and invited me to his bands next gig. Hopefully I can pick up a few pointers on being better well rounded. I like Matt he's nice, which is something I sorely needed right now.

¤

I was not the least bit surprised to come home from the library and see Art sitting on the sofa watching Criminal Minds.

"How'd the date go?"

"She passed pre-screening." I hated his 'prescreening' requirement for talking to girls. I'm all for getting to know someone first, but his intentions are dishonorable. I feel responsible as his only female friend to remind him of his stupidity whenever I can.

"You're an idiot." I go to my room and put my books away and change into my comfort clothes: a tank top and my school pride shorts.

"You also have really fucked up logic." I continued as I entered the living room.

"Hey my dating techniques are sound. I have a very effective two- step process. She gets prescreened to make sure she won't go crazy on me, then second date in-out- goodbye. I spent years perfecting this okay, I know what I'm doing."

"You're such an asshole" I remark as I plop down next to him on sofa and snatch the remote out of his hand.

"Yeah but I'm your asshole" He teased as he planted a slobbery kiss on my cheek.

"Argh! Only dogs can give slobbery kisses"

"Woof Woof baby" He panted heavily right before giving my cheek an emphatic lick. I pushed him off in an attempt to keep away anymore slobber attempts.

"You should be arrested for slobbery. Get it slobbery-robbery."

He sat up immediately and took on a serious tone

"That was horrible. Please never say that again."

"I'm fuckin hilarious. Ha bloody ha."

"Come on let's play a game. Oh I know what we're gonna play" He exclaimed before running to the kitchen and grabbing 4 shot glasses and a bottle of vodka from the freezer.

"Alright shotgun truth or dare, ready?"

"Okay but no cheating this time."

"Moi? Cheat? Never." He said with a shocked look on his face "Do I have to go over the official rules again?"

Without waiting for an answer he proceeded with extreme dramatics "I think I do." He clears his throat

"The official rules of shotgun truth or dare: You shall not at any time issue an actual truth or dare. When it is your turn, your opponent will choose whether you do a truth or dare but only you can choose what your truth or dare will be. All truths must accompany a shot before, and all dares a shot after."

"Okay you first," I readied myself for any consequence to my next word "Dare."

Without a word he then preceded to take off his shirt and threw it to the ground.

"Done."

"What the hell was that? You love taking off your shirt, I'm challenging your dare. Judges? Judges say weak, double shot, let's go."

"Aw come on"

"The judges have spoken." Art grabbed the bottle of vodka and poured two shots "AND you have to do a little dance while you take it, but that's just for me." I winked at him as smirked picking up both shots and began shaking his hips. After taking the first shot he started twerking before taking the second. I was laughing so hard my eyes got blurry.

"Don't bring those weak dares in here next time, it's no fun if you don't push yourself."

"Mhmm well it's my turn now and I WILL have my revenge." He was doing his best to stare me down.

"Truth"

I took a shot "okay. Well, a lot of times when people think I'm being funny I'm really just being mean." He gave a dramatic gasp before falling backwards

"Say it ain't so! Not my Talia, my angel."

Smirking I look at him on the floor pretending to be unconscious "I think you pre-gamed before you came here."

"Maybe" He winked.

"Okay, truth."

He took a shot "I- don't like cats"

"What? What is wrong with you?"

"I don't like them, I think they are evil. Not even kittens." I gasped and through a pillow at him.

"Not even kittens?! You've got issues man."

"See this is why I can't tell chicks this, you say you hate something fluffy and next thing you know you're not getting laid for a year."

"Judges say you should take an extra shot for being a horrible person."

"Hey! Judge not the truth! Only the validity in which it is exposed." I paused smirking at his dramatics

"I think you've had enough anyways." I reply as I slowly take away the bottle.

"Okay okay just a few more. No more superficial shit, it's time to get 'real'."

I readied myself for whichever punishment I would get next, whether it was truth or dare, get real time means it has to be go hard or go home- wasted.

"Remember if it's not 'real' enough I assign you as many shots as I want. It's okay I'll try not to go over ten, just cuz you're a lightweight."

"Yeah yeah, what is it"

"Truth"

I took my shot and slowly began to tell a truth I've wanted to say for a long time.

"I- love-" As I looked into his eyes I couldn't say the truth I knew I wanted to. Even though they were glassy his eyes still felt as deep as the forest, and I was afraid to be lost in it alone.

"Friends. I love the show Friends. Phoebe's my favorite."

"No." he said, his voice taking on a serious tone.

"What do you mean 'no'? That's a pretty good truth."

I could see the disappointment on his face. "Unacceptable" and hear the irritation in his voice.

"Why are we even playing if you're not going to be real? You KNOW the rules. If I wanted to hear some weak ass middle school truths I'd be in fucking middle school. Dare. You have to do a dare. You have to do your dare now Talia or I swear I'm never playing this stupid fucking ridiculous game with you eve-"

I don't know what happened or how it happened, but I know it happened. I was kissing him. One moment I'm sitting there listening to him rant about truth and the next I'm pressing my lips to his and kissing him with urgency. I was kissing him and I couldn't stop, even weirder, he was kissing me back. He pulled me closer to him, I couldn't tell if it was the vodka or the kiss but my lips were on fire. He tasted like cinnamon.

I'm not sure how long it lasted, I was stuck in time.

"Ahem" We jumped up to see Camelia towering over us with a disapproving look on her face.

"Heeeeey roomie, you're back early."

"Just in time I think."

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • ABDC Ch. 09

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 22 milliseconds