• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • The Sound of Muesli Ch. 02

The Sound of Muesli Ch. 02

12

Anna, pushed me in the back with her hand, an oddly clumsy push. her hand twisted over, because it was bent back where she'd managed to crook her arm round me, I suppose it was more of a flap than a push. I grunted, she moved her arm off and clenched her fist, driving it into my side.

"Alarm, dummy!" She managed, then with a twist she lay on her side, facing away from me. Her feet now banged against my shin.

I made noises and reached for the alarm. With a flat hand I squashed the top and the loud electronic whine stopped. I sighed and snuggled down. Anna rolled over and her arm can round and over my chest. She then proceeded to pull, none to gently on my chest-rug.

"Tea...tea...tea...tea..."

I grunted and sat up, hearing her wince at the in-rush of cold air. I grinned and ruffled her hair, rewarded by a tongue poking through it and a groan. I moved off the bed, flipping the cover back over her. Her hand emerged and waved a thank you. Climbing into last nights boxers I padded downstairs to make the tea.

In the kitchen I found the tea bags and clean cups as the kettle boiled. Opening the fridge I pulled the milk out, opened the top and smelled the contents. Hmm OK, I thought, just one day out of date, I saw as I read the 'use by' date on the side. I scribbled on the shopping list 'Milk?' and poured the boiled water over the tea bags. After a lifetime of practise I knew four minutes was the exact amount of time to leave a tea bag in the water. Spooning them out, I added the milk, satisfied I took the tea upstairs.

I winced at the creaking stairs, but I saw Anna sitting up when I walked in, she was just pulling a cardigan round her, grinning. I passed the tea and sat on the bed beside her. She leaned forward and we kissed. This was a free weekend and we had planned a walk over the fells, just us, well us and several hundred other walkers. There were very few walks in the Lake District where you wouldn't see another soul,. certainly during Spring and Summer. Somedays certain peaks were like Picadilly Circus.

We wanted to cover an old favourite, it was our second anniversary, a celebration seemed appropriate. Anna grinned, I looked at her and smiled.

"What?"

"God you're gorgeous Anna!"

"Thanks, not so bad yourself."

"Shall I shower first?"

"Yes please, then I can enjoy this lovely cup of tea."

"What about me?"

"You don't mind it cold, I hate it."

"Fair enough, we up for this walk then?"

"Of course, now hurry up and we can get started."

"Slave driver,"

"You love it!"

"Actually, yes I do, I still think I'm dreaming."

"Get in the shower!"

"Yes Mistress."

"Out."

I left her sitting in bed drinking her tea, a smile on that beautiful face.

In the bathroom, I did what I had to and went to the shower. Actually it was a shower head in the bath, attached to the small mixer tap, which was set back so at a push you could actually lie down at that end. With the taps on, you flipped a lever to direct the water from the bath to the shower head. It went up through a chrome ringed plastic pipe anchored to the wall at three points.

I pulled the shower curtain across and started the water. As it reached the right temperature coming out the taps, I switched the lever. I winced as the first few seconds was the head of cold water left in the pipe before the fresh warm stuff arrived. As I lathered up, the shower curtain billowed and I heard the toilet lid lift. Anna was in the bathroom, I smiled and rinsed, then stopped the shower.

The curtain pulled back a little and a naked smiling Anna appeared.

"I got your towel, come on slow coach."

I stepped past her onto the mat, wrapping the large blue fluffy towel round me. Anna skipped round me, but not before I managed a quick flap to swat her rear. I heard her giggle, as the taps came on again. I fought the urge to turn the hot tap on in the basin, redirecting the flow and leaving her with a cold shower. There were limits to her good natured temprement, cold showers being one of them. I dried and as I heard her switch the water off, grabbed her towel, a lurid red fluffy monster which buried her.

Anna emerged and gratefully allowed me to wrap the towel round her. We kissed, I put my towel on the drier and went to dress. Anna was singing under her breath, I loved that sound. I thought she must have a brilliant voice, but in our two years together, she had never sung out loud. A favourite song would have her singing quietly under her breath, but never a full throated out loud voice. One day perhaps.

"Oi sexy, fancy an egg for breakfast?" I heard her shout then she appeared following her voice a heartbeat later.

"Hmmm, good idea, then we can fart our way to the top."

"Eggs don't make me fart, anyway I'm a lady."

"That you are, OK, eggs it will be, how would you like them?"

"Scrambled with toast."

"Mushrooms?"

"Have we got any?"

"I don't know, I'll look and if there are any, I'll do them."

"Fine,"

She dropped her towel on the bed and padded to the dressing table, I admired her straight back, firm bum and slim but athletic legs.

"Stop it and go make breakfast."

"Just going,"

"No your not, your leering and imagining."

"How do you know?"

"You're a bloke and I'm a girl with no clothes on."

"Got me there, on my way."

I bounded downstairs and checked the fridge, there at the back, six largish mushrooms. Job done. I hauled them out, the oil and a frying pan. I sprinkled the oil in, salt and pepper then lit the gas. I moved it to low, then went to chunk up the mushrooms. Adding these to the pan, I placed an old saucepan lid over it and left it to cook. Finding a bowl I cracked in four eggs, a bit of butter, a splash of milk, salt and pepper then headed for the microwave. Setting it on high for four minutes I placed the bowl inside, but left the door open.

Bread in the toaster, plates in the warmer. Door to microwave shut. I checked the mushrooms, holding the lid on and giving the pan a good shake, then opened the microwave door. I gave the eggs a twist and shut the door again. The toaster 'popped, but I left the toast in it for now. Microwave door open, another twist. Shake frying pan. I knew to only let the microwave cook for twenty seconds then I'd need to open it and give the eggs another twist.

Four minutes later, Anna appeared as I dished up. Pulling an apple juice carton out the fridge I poured us two healthy glasses. Sitting at the table we ate quickly. Anna wolfing hers down. I looked in admiration.

"What?"

"You have a healthy appetite."

"I'm a healthy girl. Come on I want to get started." She grinned, finished her juice and plonked the glass down.

Standing she ruffled my hair and went to finish getting ready. I cleared away and boiled the kettle. Finding our Thermos flasks I filled each, then found the small plastic tubs we used for tea and coffee. Topping these up, I squared everything away. Then I assembled lunch and snacks. Fruit, energy bars, two bars of Kendal Mint Cake and a packet of crackers. I found an OK piece of cheese and stored that in a plastic container with four small tomatoes. Anna had a lethal knife she carried on our walks, so slicing and cutting were no problem.

I packed our rucksacks and went to clean my teeth. Having both pee'd we were set. We checked each others pack and confirmed the contents. This was a practice we'd become used to on our guided walks. With suitable coats and jumpers we set off. We took my knackered old 'Landy' to get to the start point.

After a twenty minute drive we pulled over by Old Uzzacar Farm on the old road, finding a suitable place for parking just off the metal of the road. about thirty yards ahead was the stile and sign showing the start of our walk. We kitted up, locked the 'Landy' and strode off together. We talked non stop as we walked, covering every topic, we were still finding out stuff about each other.

After forty minutes climbing steadily over short stumpy grass, we stopped by a dry stone wall that crossed our path. The grass was dry, but the walk saps at your ankles, I was glad to stop. Anna checked the map, although we'd done this walk a dozen times it was a habit now. We still checked everything with monotony, much to the amusement of our colleagues. On walks we sometimes drove our charges crazy with our constant checking. But, and it's a very big but, we'd never got lost and we'd never lost anyone.

"My sister wants to come and stay for a few days," Anna said as she checked our position. Matter of fact, deadpan, no emotion.

"Your sister, I didn't know you had a sister? You kept that quiet." I said in puzzlement

"We barely get on, but she insists on coming and meeting you."

"Thanks!"

"Jim, I'm sorry, it's not like that, it's just that, I don't want you to have to put up with her."

"Why?"

"Because she's a spoilt little brat and she makes me angry."

"I don't want to see you when you're angry."

She laughed and slapped my arm, we moved off, Anna showing me the direction and pointing the way. We walked on over rising ground, the grass becoming sparser, broken at times by patches of earth and ground down rock, it worsened as we climbed. We concentrated on the walk, enjoying the feeling of being out and about. We looked in appreciation at the opening view and the conversation was slightly muted as the awesome vista grew before us. We crested a small rise and stopped to look around at the view of the valley below.

"Look Anna, I have no problems with you letting you sister stay. If you like, when she comes I'll take off for a few days to give the pair of you space."

"Sod that, if I have to suffer her, so do you." She looked at me I laughed, she grinned, then broke into laughter.

"I mean, I'm sure it will be fine and you'll love her like I do."

She broke up and we walked on laughing ourselves hoarse. We made another forty minutes then broke for a drink and a rest.

"So, what's her name, your sister I mean?"

"Elizabeth, but most people call her Betty around the family, me however, I've always called her Liza."

"Why?"

"Because she calls me Aggie, it's just something that we hit on years ago and it stuck. And no you cannot call me Aggie, because if you do there will be swift and righteous retribution."

"Point taken. OK, so when does the Ice Queen want to come?"

"Soonest, she says it's urgent."

"Urgent?"

"Yup, which means she's in trouble and I will need to bail her out...again."

"Oh Dear! Best tell Jim everything."

For the rest of the walk to our destination a fell called Wandope, Anna told me all about Betty/Liza. She certainly seemed quite a character and the chalk to Anna's cheese. They only contacted each other perfunctorily, neither arranging to visit their parents simultaneously. It's how they were. Finally Anna told me the reason for their antipathy towards each other. Anna had met a man, someone she thought would be an ideal, friend, father and soulmate. You guessed it Betty / Liza stole him away, then dumped him six months later. From that moment Anna became her own mistress, no one had got into her armour, until me. I was flattered.

"Still can't get over my luck,"

"It's not luck it's sheer animal magnetism."

I looked at her and the smirk on her face. She burst out laughing and we walked on. I saw her look at me a couple of times.

"Don't try and analyse it Jim, but let's just say, you work for me, I hope I work for you."

"In spades, Anna, you are the best thing, ever, I repeat, ever to happen to me. Thank you for sharing your life with me."

"That's sweet, just you be careful around my sister though, I still don't trust her."

We were nearing the top now and we paused to look around and soak up the scenery, row upon row of Fells lining the distance and the clear water of Buttermere below and in front.

"This is just so beautiful, I love being out here." Anna drew in a deep breathe, blowing it out slowly. I had to agree it was pretty awesome. We sat down and had lunch. Tidying up we began walking on the path back. Three hours later we were climbing the stile and once down held hands walking to the 'Landy'. It was about three in the afternoon.

We went through the couples weekend routine, shopping, cleaning, tidying until we sat on the sofa, each with a small bottle of well known lager and put our stockinged feet on the coffee table. We had the Hi Fi on and the music of Ralph Vaughn Williams "Fantasia on a theme by Thomas Thallis" filled the room. Anna had her head on my shoulder and her elbow rested on my stomach.

"so, we're OK with Liza coming then?"

"Anna, I've said it's okay, this is your house as much as mine, any of your friends or family are welcome."

"Right I suppose I better let her know where I am." She said flatly.

"She doesn't know about me or your living here?"

"We only text, I don't text that often. I find it keeps me sane."

"Nice, Okay, well go on text Liza and give her our address."

Anna harrumphed and pulled her mobile out. The keys chattered as she thumbed in the information, with a final flourish she held the phone out and we brought our heads together for a selfie.

"Right she can pick the bones out of that."

Before she could even put the phone down it chirruped and a response from Liza appeared.

"Bitch! She's already near here, she's in Keswick and will be here in twenty minutes. Oh and she's bringing a friend with her."

"Great I'll put the kettle on and make up a plate of biscuits."

Anna grabbed me and pulled me into a frenzied kiss, I pulled her to me, she had always been a passionate lover, but never so demonstrative. Breaking away she looked at me breathlessly,

"Promise me you will not fall for that bitch and her wiles."

"Anna, stop it, I love you, I will never stop loving you. Don't worry, as a babe magnet I have great experience in warding of Bunny Boilers."

"Please don't joke Jim, please, be very careful around her."

Anna looked... Frightened, no! Nothing frightens Anna, but she was definitely on edge. I pulled her to me again and just held her. She finally began to prise me off. She kissed me gently and I kissed her back. The door bell rang and Anna blanched. I rubbed her shoulder and we stood. I let her go to the door, I heard it open. No screams and sounds of reunion, just a dull few words exchanged , the sound echoed down the hall. Anna came back in followed by her perfect double, I looked in awe. Following her came a tall willowy blond girl, looking apprehensive. Anna looked at me in a troubled way.

"Jim this is Liza, Elizabeth I mean, err Betty, whatever. Jim this is my twin sister, Liza this is Jim."

"Hi Jim, call me Liza, it will save a lot of trouble, glad to meet you. Aggie's been a little reticent about you and I can see why, you're pretty hunky."

"Thanks, I love Anna very much and I'm really pleased to meet you."

Liza turned to the girl by the door,

"Aggie, Jim, this is Morag, she and I are... well, she's a very special person to me. You might want to sit down Aggie." Liza was hopping from foot to foot, "Morag and I are getting married. I am so excited." She screeched and hugged Morag.

Morag grinned hugely as she and Liza hugged and kissed, Anna looked at me with her mouth open. I grinned, well this was certainly unexpected. Liza looked back at Anna and laughed. Morag grinning went and hugged Anna, Liza came and hugged me. I wrapped my arms round her and kissed her cheek.

"Congratulations, this is all so sudden, where are you marrying?"

"At home, I made Mum and Dad promise not to say anything until I'd seen Aggie." She gripped me in a vice like hold, just like Anna.

Anna now whirled round out of Morag's hold and dragged Liza off me, folding her arms round her neck. I went to hug Morag. We met and hugged, she held me lightly unlike her girlfriend. By now Anna and Liza were wrapped up in each other, crying and stroking each others hair. I pulled away from Morag, but still held her hand, I made for the kitchen. With Morag's help we made tea and stacked a plate with biscuits.

Anna and Liza were now sitting side by side and holding hands, talking over each other, grinning, tears still streaming down their faces. I set the mugs out and Morag put the plate in the centre of the coffee table. Looking at the two sisters I realised that at present Morag and I were superfluous. I dragged Morag out, found my coat and hers. Helping her into it, I shouted as we left.

"Going down the pub with Morag, see you later."

I did get a few stares as I dragged Morag into the Ship Aground, with me. We found a bench seat at a table in the corner. I took Morag's coat and dumped it with mine at the end of the bench.

"What's your poison?"

"May I have a Bacardi and Coke please, only a little ice?"

"Coming right up."

Dennis the convivial 'Mein Host' looked at me grinning,

"No Anna tonight?"

"She'll be alone later with her sister, or not, they've a lot of catching up to do, that's Morag, her sisters mate."

"Gotcha, quite a stunner though."

"Easy tiger, she's attached, and you're not her type. Now could I have the usual and a Bacardi and Coke with only a little ice."

"Coming right up."

I glanced back at Morag, who sat with a shy but amused grin on her face. I paid and wandered back with the drinks.

"Nice place, do you come here often."

"That's a rubbish chat up line,"

She grinned and poured the Coke in the Bacardi and ice.

"You should be so lucky,"

"Looking at you, yes I would, but I'm taken as you know."

She winked and wrinkled her nose,

"Me too!"

I roared as her laughter tinkled across the bar. We sat and talked and a few drinks later the door opened and Anna and Liza came in holding hands, I stood and beckoned them over, we kissed in passing as I moved to the bar. I saw Anna kiss a now standing Morag, as did Liza. I got the drinks and came back, the three girls chatting animatedly. I passed the drinks to Anna and Liza, and pointed to Morag's empty glass, she nodded and I went to get refills.

I placed Morag's drink in front of her and sat, her hand squeezed my leg as she nodded a thanks. I raised my pint in salute and felt Anna's hand on my other leg. I leaned sideways and kissed her cheek. Morag now had her hand on Liza's leg, having instantly released mine after the squeeze.

"So, when's the happy day," I asked.

"Next month, the twenty first," they both said together, then kissed a quick lip smack.

"Next month," Anna looked shocked,

"It's OK, I'm not pregnant!" shot back Morag.

After we'd all stopped laughing, Liza went on to explain that they had wanted to do it sooner, rather than later, as they just wanted to formalise the way they were. They were so happy and wanted to declare that to the world. I asked how long they had been together and was surprised to find it was also just about two years. They had met at a party and just clicked. Both had had their fair share of disastrous relationships and were not in a rush to start another. They had jokingly decided to form an exclusive club with only them as members. After a few meetings they had discovered that the other was exactly what they needed. Surprised because they had never had any serious female relationships before, so they took it very slowly at first.

Morag then laughed as she explained how suddenly it had blossomed from a flirtation to a full blown, full on relationship. They realised they had each found someone they could relate to, the proverbial soulmate. Liza was looking adoringly at Morag, nodding avidly as she spoke.

"I love her, it's as simple as that," Liza said, gazing at Morag.

"I'm glad for the pair of you, I really, really am, I'm sorry we have such a piss poor relationship." Anna began to tear up, decidedly not normal for her in public.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • The Sound of Muesli Ch. 02

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 15 milliseconds