• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • Soul Mates

Soul Mates

1234

Hello readers,

In this story we go back to visit a character that was introduced in another story. If you haven't read "When a Woman's Fed Up" please do. Kate Lane was a key player in that story and I wanted to give her a chance to have her own story told.

Please read and enjoy. I want to thank Andi for proofreading and editing this piece for me. You rock lady.

All characters are above the age of consent. Please feel free to share your thoughts. IR2R

*****

Detective Kate Lane arose from her bed, carefully not to disturb her companion. At thirty-two, she was ready to settle down and maybe have a couple of young ones. Sadly for her that seemed like a pipe-dream. No one was interested in marrying a career detective. Kate sighed, and reflected. Over the years she had helped apprehend some devious criminals. She had a high rate of putting bad guys behind bars. Too bad, she could not find a man that was willing to see her as a woman and not just a detective.

She sighed; the guy in her bed knew she was a woman. They shared an on again off again sexual relationship for over two year now. That's what last night was about. He had met someone new and wanted to be with her. He ended things with Kate and she was with him one more time.

He woke up, and she told him to make coffee. He grunted in reply and dressed. Kate showered and was dressing as she listened to him move around her kitchen. Kate ran her hand through her deep red hair, a gift from her Irish ancestry, and sighed. She was gifted, and it was useful in her line of work. Until a few years ago, she had never met another person like her. Kate smiled as she thought of her friends, Chase and Lana. Chase was powerful, and if she could get someone like him here with her now, they would be able to find this guy. She would not ask Chase to come though.

If she called, Lana would agree that he could come, but Kate would not allow that to happen. She had her reasons. Besides, she was taking some time off. They need help, and she wanted to bring in another seer. The other agents in the office thought she was insane but not her boss. Kate's record was impeccable, and if she wanted to bring in a psychic, she was getting one.

She heard the door close and knew her companion was gone. She felt a slight twinge. Last night was her last time with him. She thought of her dad and grandmother. Father moved back to Ireland and Grammy passed away years ago. She was on her own now. Grammy told her that they descended from the Laird of the Highlands. Kate was proud of her heritage, and when she met Lana and Chase, she told her Grammy about them. Grammy smiled, and told her that there were others that were gifted. When Grammy passed, a piece of her heart went with her. Last year when Pa returned to Ireland, he took the rest of it. Sighing and deciding to deal with her doldrums later, Kate made a quick breakfast and dressed for work.

Donning a dark pantsuit, placing her hair in a bun, Kate reported in.

"Officer Lane, good morning," her coworkers greeted. Kate spoke and stopped to chat for a bit, then she went into her office. Hot cup of tea in hand, she was ready to start working on her case. This last case was a challenge.

The killer had a certain demographic, and no one could get an idea of what the guy looked like. He targeted the mentally ill, and their descriptions ranged from Santa Claus to Captain America. He took his victims, fed them, and then tortured them for days before killing them. Kate sensed something about this killer. When she looked over the crime scenes, she could sense something deeper, more dark and sinister than just a serial killer. Her instinct told her this man was out for vengeance. She was a seer. Unlike the other detectives, she understood this criminal to a certain degree. She needed help. At first, she was denied permission to bring in an consultant, but as more bodies surfaced, her boss granted her permission. They needed supernatural help to catch this guy. He trusted Kate. If she needed another psychic, then she could have one. There was only one other person that was as powerful as she was and he was married. She could not dare ask him to come. But he did say he had brothers. Maybe, they would be as powerful a Chase.

Waiting a beat, she walked to her supervisor's office. He was waiting and Kate explained once again why she needed to go see these tribesmen. She finished and waited. She had two weeks, after that she had to return with or without the help. Kate stood and thanked her boss, She had to go home and pack. She had to go to a place where no one knew her and convince a person she had never met to accompany her back home and help stop a killer. Another agent was carrying on with her investigation, but she didn't have a lot of time. He had other still searching. She had two weeks, to find a clairvoyant and convince him or her to join the bureau.

Kate smiled and then she called Lana.

Lana Davis-Whitefeather was answered her phone at work. She didn't recognize the number, but thought maybe it was something important.

"Officer Whitefeather, have you considered my request to join the bureau?" Kate asked

Lana smiled, "Kate, how are you? You should visit."

Kate sighed, "No time. Actually, I called to ask a favor. I want to travel to the area where Chase grew up. Can you tell me about his brothers, are any of them gifted like Chase?"

Lana sighed. Chase was the best, but if she had to choose another it would be his older brother Colin.

"Colin is a lot like Chase. Why?" Lana asked.

"Well, Chase is gifted, and I need help. I need a person that might see something I keep missing." Kate explained.

Lana was about to say she could check with Chase when Kate stopped her. "I can't ask your husband to come here. I'm attracted to him, and I value our friendship too much to risk ruining it. However, if I wasn't, I would love to have him look at some things and explore some places with me. However, if I can meet one of his family members and if they too have the gift of sight, maybe I can convince them to help me with this case."

Lana sighed and warned her. "Kate, Colin can be difficult. He won't agree easily."

Kate sighed, "I'm used to it. I have to catch a flight. Thanks Lana." Then she hang up. Three hours later, her plane landed and she headed to local hotel. Contacting the police chief on town she explained her situation and asked to be escorted to the reservation where Chase's tribe resided.

The police chief called ahead and gained permission to bring Kate to the reservation. Kate arrived in a police cruiser as Chief Joe met her. He was much older, but extremely handsome. She could see where Chase inherited his good looks. A lovely woman stood beside him. She smiled and Kate blushed.

"Welcome Officer Lane, I wonder how my people can help you?" He stated plainly. Kate sighed. Lana was right. This was not going to be easy.

"Don't be nervous. We won't bite, but remember the chief is taken, so you can look but don't touch." His wife teased. Kate started to apologize when his wife laughed and took her arm. "Come with us." The sheriff drove off, but not before asking about Willow. The Chief frowned and suggested that he head back to his office.

She journeyed with the chief and his wife to his office. Kate sat and then started to explain why she came. As soon a she started, someone burst in and her body shook. He was powerful, forceful, and ticked off. Kate turned and laid eyes on the most handsome man she had ever seen in her life. Her energy was charged and there was a magnetic pull between them. For a second she was breathless. Colin was stunned into silence as he focused on the beautiful redhead in front of him. Kate's heart raced. Her palms began to sweat. Her mouth had gone dry. Looking at his hands quickly, she didn't see a ring. That didn't mean anything, but it gave her hope.

She faced him and was about t introduce herself when his father spoke. Kate didn't mind. At this point her brain had gone to mush and her mouth could not formulate any words.

"Colin Whitefeather." She gasped.

Dark eyes zeroed in on her. Kate could not hide her response to his sheer presence. He sneered at her, actually curled his top lip and sneered. "Who are you and why are you here?" He demanded.

Kate swallowed, and then she was pissed. He didn't intimidate her. No man did. Standing to her full height she faced this irritatingly handsome male. "I am Detective Kate Lane with the FBI and I have come to you for help."

Chief Joseph and Mary were silent. They had never seen their son react like this to anyone. Even when Chase came and brought Lana home with their son, Colin was distant but pleasant. However with this woman, he reacted, and his parents were happy.

"I worked with your sister in law a few years back in apprehending an abusive killer. I met your brother Chase and..." Colin interrupted before she could finish.

"Let me guess, you think you can find another guy like my brother here. We are not substitute for your weird white girl fantasies. You need to leave." He ordered.

The Chief stood, but Mary stopped him. Kate faced this angry man and before she could help it, her Irish temper flared.

"Now you wait just a minute. I don't know who you think you are, but you will not talk to me that way. I am not some simple little female you can boss around. I came here because I need to see if someone else is psychic like your brother, and thankfully, it's not you. You are the most arrogant, insufferable, bully of a man I have ever met. Believe me, if I knew of any other place I could go for help, it would not be here near your insufferable presence."

Colin loved it. Her hair flowed around her face like a flame. Her eye flashed with fury, and she didn't back down. He wanted her. He could only imagine what a night in her bed would be like. However, wanting and having were two different things.

Just then his other two brothers and his sister arrived. They were surprised to see someone squaring off at their brother. Besides, Chase , no one stood a chance in an argument with Colin.

The Chief cleared his throat, and Kate was contrite instantly. She could not believe she had only been here fifteen minutes and already lost her temper. Colin walked away and sat. His eyes never leaving her, and Kate was introduce to the rest of the chief's family.

She was perfect. Colin could never imagine meeting a woman that challenged him on all levels. He wanted this girl, but she was off limits. He only dated Native American women. Kate was many things, but she was not his type. She relaxed and smiled at his brothers. He wanted to punch both of them, but he reminded himself that she was off limits. Mom had made dinner, and everyone sat to joined them except Colin. He sat watching Kate.

She looked tired. He could tell she had not been sleeping. For a second, Colin wondered if she was taking care of herself. Shaking himself mentally, he reminded himself that her sleeping habits were not his business. She laughed at something Lakota said. His sister, Willow sat beside her and he could see that she really liked this woman. Willow was shy and not used to being around many people. When Chase and Lana came back home to visit, Willow hugged Lana and Fisher never wanting to let them go. Lakota brought girls home and Willow avoided them. It was the same way with Rand.

However, this woman, she accepted her instantly. He listened as Kate explained why she came and asked questions about their gifts. Then she mentioned a killer. He perked up. She could sense the guy, but somehow he eluded her. She remembered that Chase had the gift of sight, and was hoping that another family member was gifted as well. She was not comfortable asking Chase to leave his family so she would ask one of the family members that was not married.

Willow placed her hand on Kate's shoulder, and closed her eyes. She saw a monster, big, hairy, scary. He hated Kate and wanted to hurt her. In her vision, the monster sliced Kate in to pieces. Willow gasped, and opened her eyes. She gasped, her eyes as round as saucers. "Kate, he's evil and he wants to hurt you."

Kate smiled, "I know Willow, but he has a fight coming if he tries."

Kate liked Willow and sensed a power deep within, but she was not strong enough. She faced Lakota and Rand. Rand was the youngest male, and too darn cute. They would not get any work done because she could see that he was a big flirt. Lakota however, was gifted, and seemed to be able to focus. She smiled, and was hoping that the chief would allow one of these gifted people to go back home with her.

Then she thought of Colin. He was in the room, yet she refused to look his way. The back if her neck burned and she knew that his eyes bore into her skin. She felt hot. Unable to resist Kate glanced at the tall handsome man in the counter. The oldest of all of the children, he was their protector. Colin Whitefeather was the epitome of an alpha male. He would demand her full submission and she would have no choice but to comply. Colin sat, his eye growing darker as his body flamed with need. He had to go. She was beautiful, yes, but she was not his type. Besides in a few days, she would leave and thing would return to normal. If only she was Cheyenne... Colin took control of himself. She was not his type, and no matter how beautiful, he was not pursuing her.

"Oh, I am here for a few weeks." She explained. "If one of you decide to come with me, I want to explain the case and everything we have done."

Colin faced her and growled. Weeks! Did she just say two weeks?

Kate shivered. Pure unadulterated lust filled her body. She wanted him. She knew it would not be permanent, but for one night before she left, she would taste Colin Whitefeather. Somehow, their eyes locked. Kate never averted her gaze and a ghost of a smile crossed Colin's lips. She was a worthy adversary, but he was not getting involved with her. Colin turned and walked out. She would be here a few weeks, and he would go insane wanting her. Once he was outside, Colin took a deep breath. His cock throbbed, heart pounded, and all he could imagine was Kate beneath him in his bed. He had to get this under control.

~~~~~

Over the next week, Kate visited the reservation everyday. She called in daily to monitor her case. No new bodies had been found and the trail was going cold. She needed a seer. Today, Mary had invited her to the reservation to help with the tribe's traditional harvest. She was excited. She loved being there. As a matter of fact, there was only one rule, she had to relax.

Kate arrived early and Willow met her. As the only daughter, she was watched carefully. Kate liked spending time with the girl. She learned quite a bit about the family. Colin was the oldest. He knew he was a seer at the age of ten.

Kate was fascinated. She knew he had to be terrified, so scared. She was thirteen when she realized that she could sense things and even though she was older, she was petrified as well. Her Dad was gifted also, and encouraged her. Her Mom could not understand her, and when she turned sixteen, her Mom left. Dad was devastated, but he stayed strong for his Kate. Clearing her head of such memories, Kate wiped her brow. Her wild red hair irritated her eyes and she asked Willow for a band and tied it back. Willow laughed, "Kate, you have beautiful hair. Why do you hide it?"

Kate laughed, "Hide it. Willow, that's impossible." She joked. The two women worked together and before long, an entire field of peas had been harvested. Kate loved the hard work; the two entered the center of the reservation with their baskets brimming. Kate saw him once more. She forced herself to breathe normally.

Colin would have to be blind and crazy not to see her. He needed to talk with her for a moment. She had been here over a week, and each night the tribe met about her request. He also noticed that each day a different male desired her attention. Although he pretended not to care, he wanted to claw their eyes out. Kate sat for a moment and Colin approached her. "I see you are enjoying being outside for once."

Kate sighed, "It actually has its perks. I don't see you doing anything. Shouldn't you men be working as well?" She teased.

Colin laughed. Kate loved the deep timber of his voice.

"You'll burn easily with your coloring, be careful" He added.

Kate sighed. "Thanks for your concern Colin. I've been on my own for the last twelve years, and I have done OK."

"Wow, I've never met someone that has been on her own since she was ten. That's nice to know," he teased.

Kate laughed. "Hold up, Sonny. I world have you know that I'm a bit older than you, so don't try to play with me.

"I'm sure you know my age, and everything else there is to know about me. However, we know nearly nothing about you." Colin sighed. "Tell me Kate Lane, how old are you?"

Feigning outrage, Kate responded, "You never ask a woman her age, sir."

Colin laughed, and she smiled."I'm thirty-two. You're twenty-eight. If I only dated younger men..." She let the thought drop.

Coin moved closer to her and leaned near her ear. "Age means nothing. With the right man, he can make you forget what age you are."

Kate gasped, as he moved away. Her body hummed. Now Kate was a very sexual woman, and had no qualms at all about her desires, but she was not sure about this man. He really did not like her, but he excited her. She started to respond, but Lakota and Rand joined them. Colin bantered with his brothers. Kate rejoined Willow and the other women.

Colin looked back at her; she was unlike any woman he had met before. She matched him in temperament, challenged his mind, and her body drove him mad with desire. A part of him wanted to take a chance, see if she would refuse him, but he could not risk it. For the last few years, he made sure any involvements that he had with women were purely physical. He could not have that with Kate.

If he ever gave in to his desires, she would own a piece of him. She already does. A voice whispered. Colin watched her, and he knew she was his. She was his soul mate.

The tribe celebrated with song, dance, and a great feast. Kate was amazed to see many of the people from the nearby town join them. To her annoyance, Colin seemed to be very popular. Women flocked to him in groves.

What is wrong with me? I don't care who he talks to, She reminded herself but she watched him smile and flirt with other women. Soon the day grew late and Kate talked with some of the men on the local police force. She really liked talking to one officer called Dent. However, as she and Dent were talking, he left to get more food and he was stopped by Colin. Dent looked back at her and went on his way. "Be careful, Kate. He only wants one thing." He walked off. His warning infuriated her and she followed him. Colin knew and he made sure they were away from the group when he stopped.

"I've had enough of you. You are an ass Coin Whitefeather. How dare you say something to Dent? Who I talk to is not your concern?" She was furious and he loved it.

"Really, I was only saying hello. At least I didn't burn holes in the back of his head like you've done to every female that approached me." Colin boasted.

Kate shoved him and he pulled her close, "I've always wondered if something was true." He kissed her. Tingles covered her body as her limbs became useless bags of mush. Her body trembled, and she wanted nothing more than to disappear and stay on his arms forever, Colin ended the kiss. He trembled. "And you said I'm too young. Baby, I'm old enough." He teased.

Kate was stunned and stared at him completely dazed and dumbfounded. Hearing voices, they stepped apart, and soon the others joined them. Kate smiled and went back to the festivities while Colin stayed in the background, simply watching.

1234
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • Soul Mates

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 17 milliseconds