• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • The Knight and the Efreet Pt. 01

The Knight and the Efreet Pt. 01

1234

Alisaundre was always told stories of different lands, since he was a small child; his King had actually conquered many lands, and many of them the world had yet to even know about, however...There still remained many lands, plenty that human feet had not treaded yet. Of course, as with stories of different lands, he was also told stories of magic, sorcery and other foolish sightings like mermaids, pixies and elves; all things that were scoff worthy.

He never believed these stories, and always concluded them as tall tales from the mad.

"Alisaundre, do you think what the King is saying is true? Do you really think there's going to be some kind of an assault on Ralesmias?"

Alusaundre turned his gaze towards his good friend, and fellow knight, Elyas.

He was worried. And although the two were knights, sworn to protect the King and his kingdom, to always appear fearless before any and all types of threats, to know no fear, he had every single right to be afraid.

"You don't mean to tell me that your trust with our King is dissipating?" Alisaundre decreased his eyebrows; his face hardening.

"Don't be foolish. I'm simply...Worried, that is all."

Elyas clarified.

"Only the foolish would think twice about attacking Ralesmias. The King doesn't trust us with his life for nothing." With a shake of his head, Alisaundre lifted the unleavened bread in his plat to his mouth, and took a rather hungry bite out of it.

Elyas reached for his goblet of wine, brought it forth to his parched lips, and drank it while the two knights stared into each other's eyes, in a moment of dead silence.

"Pray," he started, "do you ever think of...Marriage, Alisaundre?"

Alisaundre put the unleavened bread back on his pewter plate, then calmly brought his left, gauntleted hand up to his cheeks, rubbing slowly with a look of weariness.

"I've thought about it." He confirmed. "But...I don't think either one of us, neither you, nor me, are in any position to be thinking about starting families."

"It's not bloody fair!" Elyas pounded his fists on the rectangular oak table.

Alisaundre rose his index finger to shush him.

"I'm sorry. It's just...Why? It's simply not fair that we cannot become wed...Have families...Wives...Children."

Alisaundre could hear the quickly fading tone in Elyas' voice as he spoke; his vigor disappearing.

"You must remember," He pointed the same index finger, and spoke relaxedly, "we accepted that the moment we became His Majesty the King's knights. We agreed that we would serve him, and him only, and we'd be fully devoted to HIM and HIM only until the day we died."

Elyas sank further down into his widening pool of depression; his head sinking into his gauntleted hands.

"I know but.." He shook his head.

"It was our choice, you know," reminded a calm Alisaundre, "it was always our choice; we chose to give up that possibility."

Even as he spoke these disheartening, discouraging words of truth, Alisaundre could not deny that he was indeed just as saddened by the thought of never having any female companionship, as what Elyas himself was.

It was a pleasant thought to have a wife to come home to and just sit down and talk about the day until the sun went down, but a pleasant thought was all it was, and nothing more.

"We must not allow our personal desires to hinder our true calling. We are knights; sworn to protect the King and his family, and to cast aside out own petty wants and need."

It was difficult getting these words through his mouth.

"Now. Finish up your lunch, Elyas. His Majesty says that there's a bounty he would like us to capture."

"A bounty?" Elyas turned his head to the left; cocking a brow.

"Yes. His Majesty says that there's a knight in jade armor who's terrorizing the Eastern Continent."

Of course just about everyone in Ralesmias had heard about the notorious Jade Knight who started making much more frequent appearances in the Eastern Continent.

Stories of him were making their way to Ralesmias from their allies, in fact, the whole bloody thing was becoming a story mother's were using to scare the little ones into going to sleep or to mind.

It was said that the Jade Knight was an extremely skilled and powerful warrior, who's strength knew no bounds, who's skill was unmatched by even the mightiest of all the knights in the Eastern Continent, who had murdered countless people, men, women, children and even the elderly.

And yet there they were, being sent to do something that not even the Captains of the Eastern Continent, could achieve.

A fools errand, one might say, and one might even question the King's sanity for sending Alisaundre and Elyas on the mission in the first place, given that neither of them were high-ranking; well, certainly not Captains.

"His Majesty trusts us gravely, nay? To think he'd send us on such a task."

Alisaundre lifted his metal cup of wine, brought it to his lips, let it fall down his dry throat, and then sat the cup back down, holding the handle with his gauntleted hand, and then stabbing his two-pronged fork into the cut, roast duck, brought a man-sized piece of it to his mouth, pulling the meat off with his teeth.

"Do you think he might move you up a little in the ranks, once we've done what he's requested? Once we've defeated the Jade Knight?"

Elyas wrested his knuckles under his chin; his elbows resting on the long, rectangular table.

"Who's to say, really. I would very much love to believe that something like this will raise me up to Captain, but that may only be wishful thinking."

Alisaundre somberly returned.

"I think, that if anyone, you should be the one who should be promoted to Captain position."

He nodded, closing his eyes.

Captain would be divine; Alisaundre thought.

"Well," Elyas removed his knuckles from his face, and used his right hand to grab his goblet, "I suppose we should eat up and prepare for the journey."

"Indeed," Alisaundre spoke in agreement. "We'll be sailing for quite a few days until we arrive. By my calculations, and I'm no helmsman, I'd say about three days tops."

Three days.

That indeed did sound like an awfully long time to be sailing in the sea, but they had orders to carry out, and neither one of them would dare to turn their backs on their mission.

"His Majesty has ordered us to depart to the docks once twilight sets in."

They resumed their lunch.

Once they had finished their lunch, they put their helmets back on, and it was then time for them to ready themselves with food and canteens filled with water. Johannes, the head chef, had even prepared them some delicious bread and cheese, that would last them the three day journey that they were to set off on.

"We still have a few hours before it is time for us to depart for the ship.

What say you to a little friendly match?" Alisaundre gave a confident smile, gesturing for him.

"Oh, a fight you want, then? Very well. I must admit, that not a day has been going by that I haven't thought about beating you."

"Now, Elyas; you should know that I'm the best knight this kingdom has ever seen." He jested.

"You're so bleeding full of it." Elyas broke out into shaky laughter.

"Now, hither! Draw your sword and ready yourself, because this may be a friendly match, but I shall not go easy on you."

"I wouldn't have it any other way." Elyas drew the sword that was tied to the left side of his waist, from his scabbard.

The smile on Alisaundre's face, that was hidden behind his protective helmet, widened, and he reached down to the right side of his waist, withdrawing his sword from the scabbard.

Elyas came towards Alisaundre, and then he stopped.

The two knights locked onto one another's intense gaze; Alisaundre's hidden dark brown eyes locked onto Elyas' helmet, while Elyas' deep blue eyes locked onto his while they slowly circled around one another, moving in slow, suspenseful steps with their weapons tightly clenched.

Elyas came.

He rushed towards Alisaundre, swinging his sword, and slashing at his left shoulder.

Alisaundre swiftly blocked with his buckler, which he had been holding in his left hand.

Alisaundre slapped him back about an inch or two with his powerful, small, round shield, and then as Elyas backed up slightly, his sword still in his hand, Alisaundre went in for the attack, and struck at his helmet.

Elyas blocked with his buckler, and retaliated with an overhead strike that Alisaundre manage to block at the last minute with his own blade.

"Hither, Mr. Best Knight in Ralesmias! Show me that skill that has rose you through the ranks all these years." Elyas vehemently challenged.

Alisaundre chuckled softly and swung his sword, and Elyas brought his forward; their swords clashing with a clank.

They struggled to overpower one another's parries, adding as much force as they could to their crossed swords while their gaze remained locked on one another's helmets.

Alisaundre broke his blade free and struck at his Elyas' side, but he blocked with his sword, deflecting Alisaundre's sword.

Elyas' thrust his sword forward towards Alisaundre, and Alisaundre parried it with his own blade, ended their struggle and then, while Elyas was left wide open, struck his hand; knocking his weapon right out of his hand.

"You won again." Elyas sadly stated.

"You left yourself wide open." Alisaundre sheathed his sword.

"You always have been the better one. I see why His Majesty holds you in such high regards."

Elyas dropped his head down; his closed helm facing down in shame and disappointment at his own defeat at Alisaundre's hands.

"Chin up." Alisaundre said, kindly, "you're still a great second in command. Give yourself a bit more time. You will most certainly improve."

Elyas laughed at Alisaundre's words.

"Perhaps. But, by then, you will be even more fierce and skilled by the time that moment arrives."

Alisaundre extended his hand towards him, he took it, and pulled himself up.

"You fared rather well. You seem to have improved slightly since last week. I'm impressed." Alisaundre smiled behind his great helm.

When twilight came, they headed to the docks, wrapped up food being carried in a basket that Elyas was carrying in his left hand for the long journey they were to set out on.

The Queen's personal maid, Emma, Johannes, the royal court jester, Ries, and Dame-Corin, all arrived to the docks to see them off, while the King, Queen, Princes and Princesses stayed behind to attend matters inside the castle. After waving them off, they climbed aboard Edgerus' ship, and set off, sailing off into the sea, off to the Eastern Continent.

"You boys still 'aven't told me where you be going." Said the helmsman.

Edgerus was the helmsman of the S.S Glowsden.

He was quite a few years older than both Alisaundre and Elyas, and was in his middle age years.

While Elyas almost always had a stubble and goatee, Alisaundre's face was rarely seen without being clean-shaved, devoid of any facial hair, while Edgerus himself had a full beard.

His beard was the same color as his hair; red.

His eyes were a deep blue, deeper than Elyas', and he was was dressed in a green tunic and black tights.

"His Majesty, King Arthus, has sent us on a bounty hunt. He says that the Jade Knight has slain many a brave and powerful knight; that no one can stop him." Explained Alisaundre.

Edgerus' jaw dropped so low, one would think it was about to fall off and hit the timbers.

"Jade Knight? Are you two gentlemen bloody mad? He is eons ahead of you two in terms of skill. He had killed Captains! And, I can tell by looking at both of you, neither of you are Captains!"

He shook his head, gritting his teeth.

Quite. Neither of them were Captains.

"You seem to doubt our own ability. Answer me this: Why would His Majesty send us out on a mission if he did not believe we could do it?"

Elyas folded his arms.

"Madness, perhaps," but then Edgerus shook his head. "Nay; I could not answer that even if I wanted to. All I know is: It is a fool's errand to try and take down the Jade Knight. He is a beast! A beast straight from the underworld."

Edgerus did indeed make the Jade Knight sound like a true demon, but that was preposterous; there was no such thing as a man who was unable to be defeated in combat, and although Alsaundre did pride himself in his very own skill, not even he was fool enough to, for a single second, believe that he was invincible.

"Fools or not," started Elyas, "His Majesty specifically wanted US to dispatch the Jade Knight, not some random knight, but US!"

Alisaundre placed his right hand on his shoulder to calm him, and Elyas turned, as if to face him, but then just let out a rather heavy, sigh.

"I apologize. But you have to understand: No one has ever fought the Jade Knight and lived to tell the tale."

Edgerus said, steering the ship.

They knew the risk.

They both knew that the Jade Knight was in a class all of his own, and that, they, mere knights, had a very slim chance. But then, they really had to stop and wonder: Was he really as terrible as they said?

"All right. If you two think you got what it takes to butt heads with the Jade Knight, I will not be trying to stop you."

Edgerus started to laugh, but his jolly sounding laugh then grew, growing more hardy and gruff, which was befitting of such a hulking, middle-aged such as himself.

"The Jade Knight may be powerful...But how shall he fare against two knights? We shall wait and see." Alisaundre spoke; confidence burning brightly in his voice.

As the ship rocked back and forth on the sea's waves, Alisaundre and Elyas removed their food from the basket and ate two bread and cheese, washing it down with small amounts of water from their canteens. They had more food than they did water, so they had to to conserve what little water their canteens contained, and make it last, at least until they reached their destination, where they could then refill their canteens with more water.

"What do you suppose the Jade Knight looks like, Alisaundre?"

"Who's to say, really," stared Alisaundre, "the only thing I've been able to collect on his appearance is that he wears jade armor, a great helm, and carries an axe. Simple, nay?"

"A-an axe?" Elyas sounded scared. "Knights don't use axes, we use swords, lances and daggers, but axes?"

"You mustn't forget that the Jade Knight is a crooked, evil, corrupt Knight who doesn't follow our code." Alisaundre rose the canteen to his face, removing his helmet to take a drink.

"But, why, do you think? What turns a good knight bad?" He inquired.

"I can't answer that." Alisaundre replied. "Who can understand the minds of scoundrels?"

"Probably just a bloody pig." Murmured Elyas.

"I'll just be relieved when we've struck him down, then the Eastern Continent won't have to worry anymore." Alisaundre lowered the canteen back down to the floor.

By midnight, both Alisaundre and Elyas had fallen asleep.

But they had soon woken up, while it was still dark, to the sound of screaming from both Edgerus, and Captain John, who sounded as if they had just encountered the gateway to the underworld.

The two knights quickly rose from the ship's floor, but then the ship started shaking, and then it tilted slightly, sending both Isaiah dre and Elyas sliding backwards into the ship, and hit the stern, only to hear the screams of their two companions increase.

"What the bloody- what is going on?" Elyas gazed about frantically.

"The ship!" Alisaundre quickly exclaimed.

"We are all doomed. We are doomed! There is a fierce beast that is attacking our ship! He be trying to flip us all OVER!" Shouted a panicking Edgerus.

"A beast? In the middle of the sea?" Alisaundre turned his gaze towards Edgerus, staring at him in surprise.

"A sea serpent, boy! I have seen four my entire life of sailing, but this is the first time I have ever been attacked by one!" Edgerus frantically looked about, but then went tumbling forwards towards the bow.

The waters started to boil, and as the two knights drew a couple of inches to gaze over the edge of the ship, they saw something sea green in the water, slimy, with six humps, all of scale.

"He's right!" Elyas gasped. "What do we do, Alisaundre?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Alisaundre said, staring straight at his helmet covered face, "we kill the creature so we can continue our voyage."

The beast rose from the ground, and lo and behold; it was the most horrifying, bone-chilling, nerve-wrecking creature the two had ever seen in their lives: Two glowing red eyes like fire, a crowned head, and when it opened its mouth, they saw hundreds, if not thousands, of razor-sharp teeth that could crush a man's skull in half without effort.

The creature dove back down into the water, and its tail hit the ship, bumping it, sending the two tumbling backwards back to the stern.

"We have to destroy this monster before it wrecks the whole ship!" Alisaundre spat out. "The ship can't take many more blows like that. The creature is out to sink us all."

"I think you're right," Elyas waited for the rocking to subside, "it'll destroy the whole ship."

"HELP!" Cried Edgerus in a shrill, terror-filed tone, "I'm falling overboard!"

They forced themselves up as the ship stopped rocking from the stern, and they quickly sprinted as quick as they could in their armor; the sound of clinking on the timbers loud.

Edgerus started falling towards the water; his hands desperately gripping the edge of the ship while his feet and lower body dangled helplessly over the edge.

They each reached their hand out to him, and just as he let go to grab their hands, the waves started to part, and from them, a massive shadow with red eyes could be seen from below him.

"Heave, ho!" The two both said in unison, pulling on him as hard as they could.

"Here it comes!" Edgerus yelled, turning back to look at the water while his eyes grew in fear.

They finally pulled him up.

Edgerus fell back into the ship, rose up, and quickly put a good distance between him and the sea monster who was eying him.

"Where are those harpoons?" Captain John frantically asked.

"I took them off the ship, last week." Replied Edgerus; the fear in his deep, bear-like voice, growing.

"You, WHAT?" Captain John stormed.

"Captain, there's no point in worrying over the harpoons at this point; they're gone." Alisaundre said.

The sea monster drew closer towards the ship.

It carefully observed them with its blood-red eyes, then, just like that, slammed itself into the ship; its head pounding into the side.

"Bloody creature!" Alisaundre spat out, grabbing onto the edge of the ship to avoid falling overboard.

"How are we supposed to hit something that keeps running away?" Questioned Elyas.

"We have to think of something! Without harpoons, we have no other option but to lure it in and pray God that we can cut its head off before it takes us down with it."

"This is ridiculous." Elyas murmured.

"Come on, Elyas!"

They both rose from the ground as the rocking of the ship ceased, and as they rose back up to their feet, the sea monster rose from the water, and just that moment, lunged its whole face towards them.

In a desperate race against time, Alisaundre and Elyad drew their swords, and went straight in for the kill, only for the sea serpent to move its head out of the way at the last minute.

"Is it toying with us?" Asked Elyas.

"The cursed creature is even smarter than we thought." Alisaundre laughed in frustration.

The creature went back into the water, and dove back down under while the two watched, in anticipation for its next move.

It hit the ship from below.

They went tumbling toward the bow, hitting it.

"Grab your sword!" Alisaundre urgently shouted, while trying to grab his own before the beast hit again.

1234
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • The Knight and the Efreet Pt. 01

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 95 milliseconds