• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Romance
  • /
  • Intoxicated Ch. 02

Intoxicated Ch. 02

12

A/N: Part II of Intoxicated. And a warning to readers, since I received a complaint that the last chapter had no 'action', this story will be romance. Never mind the extra taboos like incest. It's romance and as such, there will not be just sex but actual character development and a plot.

Enjoy.

oOo

Between the calming sound of rain, the buzz of the TV set, and the blur of ink on her school papers, Naomi wasn't sure when she fell asleep.

But when she did, she dreamed of a barren mountain covered in snowflakes and frosted grass. For hours she tried to find her way off of the mountain and out of the bone numbing blizzard that trapped her there.

But no matter how long she trudged on through the snow, she couldn't escape. What was worse was that unlike her other dreams, she couldn't force herself to wake up from this one.

It was an oddity for her, as the only dreams she had nowadays consisted of nightmares concerning her late mother- or the rain.

So when she found herself in a dreamscape blizzard, she was more than a little confused.

What was even more weird, was that she felt like the dream meant something yet couldn't figure out what. All of her dreams weren't just random pictures her mind conjured up.

They all meant something. Whether they foretold a future event or constantly brought up old ones, there was always a message.

She just didn't know what message this dream was trying to convey.

Yet.

oOo

"Naomi! Naomi, wake up you lazy bum-" Lisa shook Naomi awake, the hazy eyed girl staring up at her in a confused daze.

"Mmh?" Naomi muttered, her gray eyes dilating as her blurry eyesight began to clear.

Eventually she had a clear view of Lisa's freckled nose and annoyed blue eyes.

"Don't mmh me! You were supposed to call me last night but you didn't!" The brunette scolded as she dragged Naomi off the couch.

Naomi only stared at her in mild confusion as she tried to register what she was saying. After all, she wasn't exactly a morning person. Lisa obviously didn't notice her distant expression because she continued to complain as she led her through the house.

"-And then I wake up early, early Naomi!, only for Prince to call me and tell me not to wait up for you? That prick! I don't understand why you date him." Lisa went on as she pulled her toward the entrance, totally oblivious to the fact Naomi was only wearing a skin baring camisole and short shorts.

At her boyfriends name, Naomi's eyes suddenly brightened. But not in happiness. She instantly remembered Prince telling her he would pick her up the next morning.

Groaning and untangling herself from Lisa's tight grip, Naomi sped to the kitchen and checked the time on the stove.

She sighed in relief but then squeaked in panic when she realized she wasn't late for school- but she only had thirty minutes until she would be.

"Why didn't you wake me up earlier!" Naomi snapped angrily as Lisa trailed behind her into the kitchen, her arms folded over her neatly ironed school uniform.

"Well excuse me." Lisa muttered, rolling her eyes as Naomi shot past her like a bullet and jumped up the stairs toward her room.

Like a tornado Naomi grabbed her uniform and ran into the bathroom to take a shower, brush her teeth, and do all the girl things she did before leaving the house. Since she was part of the Student Council, she was used to waking up early.

What she was NOT used to however, was waking up early and having to rush to school. She was never late. Never. So she was a bit sour about Lisa not coming earlier.

Of course, Naomi thought as she jumped in the shower and let the warm water roll over her skin, it wasn't really Lisa's fault. In fact, Naomi didn't blame her in the least, she just needed someone to focus her ire on.

She really blamed the dream from last night. Ever since she was little she could tell the difference between reality and illusion, so she was always aware when she was in a dream.

She had learned rather quickly how to alert her body and gain consciousness whenever she wanted to, unless it was a nightmare. So she was pretty pissed that for once her mind had trapped her in an illusion, especially since it was of snow and not rain.

'Damn cerebral cortex.' Naomi thought irritably as she finished her shower and scurried to pull on her uniform.

By the time she was finished, Lisa was already waiting by the front porch.

When Naomi emerged from the front door, Lisa quickly pushed herself from her position against one of the porch pillars and eyed Naomi up and down.

"Well," Lisa said with a wry smile. "You look like you just went to hell and back."

And since Naomi had spared a quick glance in the mirror before leaving the house, she knew it was true. Her hair, which was usually worn in a neat ponytail, was now pulled into a messy bun with tendrils framing her face.

Her skin shone with sweat and moisture from her shower, and her clothes were wrinkled and mostly unbuttoned. Of course her face still had that stern and practical look to it, but the rest of her attire...kind of made it hard to take her seriously. Lisa guffawed and nudged Naomi's shoulder, sending her a teasing look.

Naomi glared at her, but didn't have time to respond to her earlier jab when Prince's sleek black car pulled up to the curb.

The faint sound of music wafted towards them from the Lamborghini Veneno Roadster, and Naomi took a second to admire the expensive vehicle before the passenger window slid down, revealing Prince's face.

His hair was greased back and was glossier than Naomi's own hair, and the shades he wore over his eyes made it impossible to tell if he was glaring at her or not. But she didn't dwell on it when Prince silently but coolly gestured for her and Lisa to get in.

"Narcissistic bastard. Why cant he buy a normal car like a normal person." Lisa muttered for only Naomi to hear as they descended the steps of her home and approached the car.

"You can complain when you actually OWN a car Lisa." Naomi replied cheekily and quickly pulled away with a grin when the brunette tried to swat her.

"Coward!" Lisa called out, her tone showing a hint of playfulness as she chased Naomi around the car.

"Nerd!" Naomi retorted, squealing when Lisa almost cornered her.

"I am not a nerd! I'm...intellectual!" Lisa sputtered, causing Naomi to laugh hysterically at her.

They called each other names and played cat and mouse for a few more minutes before Prince finally had enough and blew the horn of his car, startling them both.

Lisa sent him an annoyed glare, but Naomi only took a deep breath before reprimanding herself for being so immature on a school day.

When she quickly slid in the passenger seat and buckled her seat belt, she avoided Prince's gaze. And it stayed that way the whole ride, thanks to Lisa's bickering distracting him.

Naomi smiled inwardly. Lisa was something else. But she wouldn't trade the sharp tongued junior for the world.

oOo

"What the hell happened to you Williams?" Jake, the president of the Student Council, whispered to her as they headed toward the councils meeting room.

It was the end of the school day, the student council meeting being her last school obligation before going home, and since Prince and Lisa didn't share many classes with her she hadn't spotted them all day.

She was very surprised that Prince hadn't tried to catch her alone, but she wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

She had been getting odd looks all day from students and teachers alike. And she couldn't blame them.

Naomi had always shown a quiet elegance and professional appearance to the rest of the world excluding Lisa, even when she mourning for her mother. Never had they seen her look so...disheveled.

At least not since Elle's funeral they hadn't.

It was embarrassing really. Prince hadn't questioned her about it thankfully and hadn't even acknowledged her attire beyond a simple raise of his eyebrows.

But as a member of the Student Council and having a reputation as an ice queen, well, it wasn't good for her image. Not that she had really cared too much about what other people thought lately, but that didn't mean she could just disregard it like it was nothing. Even Principle Bartlett had stopped her in the hallways while she was on her way to Health.

He had taken one look at her and asked if she needed to see a doctor, or even if she was on her cycle. He had said it in a partially filled hallway too.

To say she had been mortified was an understatement.

"I'm fine Jake, I just slept in on accident. I know, it's not like me!" She explained hurriedly as Jake raised a light eyebrow and gave her a worried frown.

"Well I can't hold it against you, it's not like you came to school in your birthday suit." Both laughed lightly, ignoring the looks of the departing students as they walked down the hall.

"But," Jake went on, his arm now wrapped around Naomi's shoulder. "I think it'd be best if you...try to...er, you know, clean up a bit and rest yourself before attending any more meetings. You've been acting off for the past few weeks. And don't think I haven't noticed."

Naomi slowed in her tracks at his words and sent him a blank look.

"But we have an important meeting, I can't be late for that. I'm the vice president." She replied and struggled not to let the annoyance show on her face.

Despite her good poker face, some of her emotion must have gave itself away in her tone because Jake's smile turned apologetic.

"Missing one meeting wont be the end of the world. Not to mention there won't even be much to miss, we've already covered a lot of discussions in our last one. There won't be much to discuss today except for the upcoming dance-" Jake explained, but was cut off by Naomi's raised palm.

"Which is exactly why I have to be there, since I AM part of the dance committee as well-" She interjected.

"And you're the principles assistant, vice president, and the head of three school clubs. I know Naomi, I've heard this all before." Jake reprimanded softly as he turned and placed his firm hands on her shoulders, holding her into place.

Naomi pouted up at him as his hazel eyes met her own; shoulders sagging. Jake and her had never been particularly 'friends' per see. But he was a good brotherly figure and was one of the most mature people in the school.

His status as the president of the council and student body gave him authority that he handled well, and Naomi had a begrudged respect for him.

When he said something, Naomi knew to take it to heart. Because he knew what was best for her, even if they didn't interact much outside of school matters.

"Fine..." Naomi murmured, her forehead creased in disdain that she was neglecting her duties, even if for one day. "I'll spend the rest of the day off."

Jake's smile was bright and contagious and he ruffled Naomi's already messy hair, causing the smaller girl to groan.

"Excellent."

oOo

After grabbing her things and slugging her duffel bag over her shoulder, Naomi wasn't surprised to find Prince waiting for her outside of the school.

He was leaning against his car, ignoring the admiring gazes of passing bystanders. The dark sunglasses he wore kept his sharp eyes out of sight, but that didn't mean Naomi didn't feel his gaze when it snapped to her.

Lisa must have already left thinking she would be busy with the meeting.

'Shite.' Naomi thought sullenly as she straightened her posture and walked steadily towards her boyfriend.

He unfolded his arms as she approached, and didn't complain when she reached up and removed his glasses.

At seeing his heavily lashed jade eyes, Naomi smiled faintly. During their relationship she had made it clear that his eyes were her favorite feature.

When they kissed, she kept her eyes on his. When they argued, she always met his gaze head on. They were a mirror into his emotions, and she loved looking at them.

So of course she knew wearing shades was his way of getting on her nerves.

"I see you're out early." Prince muttered and paused, waiting for an explanation.

Naomi didn't give it to him.

"Prince, what do you really want to talk about? That phone call from yesterday was a warning, but I know Lisa prevented you from being alone with me. So spit it out."

Naomi expertly began to change the subject, leaning on the hood and ignoring the gazes of the students walking by.

Prince tilted his chin down to look at her, part annoyance and part amusement showing in his eyes. He reached for his glasses and tucked them in the collar of his shirt before opening the passenger door for Naomi to get in.

At her questioning gaze, he explained,"I'd rather not talk out in the open, babe."

Not bothering to remind him not to call her such an annoying nickname, Naomi readjusted her duffel bag and slid into the car, Prince shutting the door right after.

Her eyes followed him calmly as he circled the car and slid into the drivers seat. When he closed his own door, the voices from outside the car became quieter and the atmosphere became that degree colder.

He expression was serious when he turned to look at her.

"Naomi, is there something going on?" He asked, and to Naomi's surprise he didn't sound angry. Only worried.

Really, her appearance wasn't 'that' bad!

At her incredulous look, Prince quickly raised hands in defense.

"Despite what you may think, I'm not referring to your clothes. Though you do look...different."

A smirk had formed on his lips at his last words, causing Naomi to avert her gaze and roll her eyes. Prince wasn't put off by her attitude though, and his hand was on her shoulder a second later.

Naomi forced herself not to flinch and unconsciously tugged at the sleeve of her bruised arm.

"You've been distant lately, Naomi." Prince murmured, trying but failing to catch her eye. "I'm worried about you."

He sounded so utterly sincere. But Naomi couldn't help but feel a spark of anger rise in her chest. The only reason she hadn't pushed his hand away yet was because she had learned to discipline herself at an early age- she could control herself.

But that didn't mean she had to take his bullshit. Prince with his late night practices and parties could never be truly worried about her. He was just confused with how intolerant she had become lately.

He was a good person, on some level. But he was selfish and conceited and his false acts of kindness and love were starting to make Naomi wish she hadn't started dating him in the first place. Lisa would have a field day with that, since she had been the most against it.

Naomi had never gotten involved with anyone before, because she had too many responsibilities. But like always, Prince gets what Prince wants- and he had wanted her.

But at the moment, she didn't want him or his false care.

Slowly Naomi turned her head to face Prince, and she forced herself not to react to the worried expression filling his jade eyes. Nor did she react to the expression of hurt that replaced it at her next words.

"Just shut up and drive." Naomi muttered, brushing his hand away and turning to face to window. "I really don't have time for this right now"

oOo

The ride to her house was silent and uncomfortable. Every now and then one of their phones would ring, but each time they would silently ignore it.

They didn't look at each other. They didn't talk to each other. Naomi would have been fine with it, if Prince's aura didn't make her skin crawl.

Obviously he was pissed off at her, but he wasn't acting on his anger. And for that she was relieved, because her own bad mood wasn't helping the situation.

Both Prince and Jake were right. She had been acting distant lately. But that was her choice, it helped her stay sane. It helped her not to snap at people. It was her way of discipling herself.

Lisa was like her teddy bear, something to go to for comfort. She was sarcastic and witty and straight forward. But Naomi loved her for it. Because unlike everyone else, Lisa was real. She never hid her feelings behind a mask like Naomi did, she was never afraid of offending anyone.

Lisa was herself, proud of herself, and loved herself. She was the balance to Naomi's life, and always had been. Of course Naomi had pushed her away during some stressful moments in her life, but Lisa always came back.

Her love was real.

Which was why Naomi couldn't stand it when Prince tried to take Lisa's place in her heart. Naomi was hurting of course. Physically, mentally, she was hurting everywhere.

She had moved on after Elle's death, though she could never forget the pain. She had moved on from her fathers neglect, but she could never truly forget the hurt.

And now she was about to move on from Prince. She had been thinking about her decision all day, weighing and studying her advantages.

In the end, she had decided it was best to just get it over with and sever her ties with him. She had always been a patient person. Dealing with idiots her entire life had did that to her ironically.

So she had thought patience was the key to enduring Prince. He was handsome, generous, and a gentleman- at least when she had first started dating him.

Meeting him had been a coincidence really. She'd heard of him around school, especially since his father was the largest shareholder of not only the school, but most of the organizations in the town.

Of course Naomi being indifferent to money hadn't thought much of it. Girls gossiped about him, the few guy friends Naomi knew chatted idly about him since he was the star of the soccer team. And Lisa constantly belittled him, calling Prince a prepubescent pretty boy who had earned his given name purely through his fathers work.

There were so many mixed opinions about the guy that Naomi had simply erased his name from her memory, since she had better things to do than gossip about the golden boy of Grey Village.

At the time she had still been recovering from her mothers demise, which meant she was still in her usual dazed and quiet persona.

They had met during a walk in the park. Naomi had been listening to Lisa babble on while she licked the ice cream she had bought from a nearby food stand. Prince had been walking in the opposite direction with his friends in tow.

Long story short, they hadn't seen the other coming. Naomi's ice cream went flying when Prince collided with her, and it splattered everywhere. On Lisa's new silk shirt, on Prince's hair, and on several of Prince's friends clothes.

Naomi could only stare in mild shock as loud complaints went up. Lisa had easily defended her, despite her annoyance at ruining her expensive shirt, and surprisingly Prince had managed to calm his friends down and had even offered to buy Naomi another ice cream cone for her trouble.

One thing led to another, and somehow Prince had managed to make her smile, albeit it was a wary one, in the ten minutes they'd known each other. They ran into each other at school, and soon enough they slowly went from acquaintances to friends to a couple.

Naomi wasn't stupid, she knew Prince and her were barely a 'real' couple based on societies standards.

She was pretty strict even in love. Most of their interactions with each other consisted of lunch dates, studying together, and every now and then they would stay at each others house.

Naomi was a virgin, and she wasn't ashamed of it. Prince had more than once pressured her to sleep with him, but he didn't try to force her in anything. They kissed, hugged, occasionally made out. But they never went too far, because Naomi would always stop them.

Naomi had been called a prude more than once by several of the student body. It wasn't a secret to anyone that she didn't date, Prince being her first exception, and that as one of the most authoritative people in the school she wasn't to be messed with.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Romance
  • /
  • Intoxicated Ch. 02

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 15 milliseconds