• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Gay Male
  • /
  • Barriers Ch. 03

Barriers Ch. 03

The bell rang for my last class of the day and like clockwork my phone vibrated.

"I'll be waiting out front hurry up."

I stood at my locker contemplating blowing Jon off. I really just wanted to go home and shut myself off from the world. I decided against it because Jon would just bang on my door until I gave in to him. I walked out and hopped in his car.

"I'm really sorry about this morning. I really just lose my temper when dealing with Jenna. I've never had someone hate me so much for no reason." He scratched the back of his head with his left hand as he drove down Plainvell Rd.

"Yeah whatever. Where are we going?"

"I figured the Hog would be a good place to get lunch." The Hog was your standard sit down Burger Chain, they had a killer BBQ Swiss burger.

"So what is this another date?"

Jon turned to me at a red light. "If you aren't comfortable with going on a date with me don't think of it as that. I'm happy to be your friend...although after last night i'd like to think i'm a little more."

I perked up and glared out the window embarrassed.I had him in my bed. We didn't do anything crazy but he was right to assume things had finally progressed like he wanted.

"Jason? We're here."

I snapped out of my thoughts and hopped out of the car. Jon grabbed my arm and brought me in before i could get away. He must've put on some aftershave after gym class because he smelled really nice....there was that warmth i fell asleep to last night again....

"You're overthinking this." He said as he gripped me tighter. Jon was shorter than by maybe half an inch but that's the only thing i had over him. My small hoodie was definitely getting stretched out by his upper buddy and he was in complete and total control. "Let's eat and then we'll see if Jenna is waiting for you and if she is i can leave. Nothing crazy i promise."

"Ok....."

"There we go." He released me from those strong arms and I felt worse for it. Then i felt bad for falling for someone at such a rapid pace just because they were giving me attention. "Stop thinking and lets eat." He moved to open the door for me.

Lunch took a total of 45 minutes. We screwed around on our phones until the food came out and made quick work of it. Jon mentioned how he was glad that everything wasn't happening during basketball season and he could relax with me right now. I had forgotten this was the year he finds out is OSU wants to pick him up.

"So what happens if OSU picks you up?" I asked as i filled out the check.

"I get my ass over there as fast as i can." He beamed only to quickly realize what I was really asking about. "Oh....you mean you and me...."

"Welp that ruins this date. Time to take me home" I slid out of the booth and bolted out the door looking for Jenna's number.

"Jason wait i didnt...." For someone who had all the answers Jon was sure for a loss of words as he followed me out to the car.

"Didn't think past the next year? Most don't so i wouldn't worry about it. Who knows if i even wanna see your face tommorow anyways?" I rolled my eyes out the window after buckling in. "Please just take me home i need a drink."

Jon conceded and looked behind him to back out. The car ride was silent as we both were lost in our thoughts. I was mostly thinking about Jenna and if she was going to be on my doorstep by the time we got there. I knew Jon was kicking himself for ending lunch that way he did. He always felt the need to be perfect for me for some reason.

We rolled up and as expected Jenna was pouting right on my doorstep. She knew where the key was but for some reason she never let herself in. I let myself out slowlyand looked back to see him looking the other way.

"Thanks for lunch..."

"Yeah yeah. I'll talk to you tommorow." He was most certainly scheming but i didn't have the energy to think about it as i shut the door and watched him drive off.

"I hate his fucking guts."

"It was a nice lunch, lay off." I fumbled with my keys and checked for the housekeeper before letting her in.

"Yeah he was nice to Vanessa, Karen and Julie while you were away too."

"He's not my boyfriend, he can sleep with whoever he wants."

"He's not allowed to when he's trying to date my best friend, especially if he's trying to be your first boyfriend." She was already in the cabinet eyeing her options. She pulled out the vodka, poured two shots and downed one immediately. "Come on today sucked and Marky wouldn't go to the gym with me. I wanna get buzzed." She handed me the other shot glass.

I shrugged and downed it in one gulp.

"You know what we should do?" She took the glasses and the bottle and walked towards the basement.

"What?"

"Watch a movie tonight!"

"Ok I'll fire up Netflix and..."

"No let's go out! We never go out!"

"But we're already drinking..."

"Oh now that Jonathan Han is in the picture you don't wanna drive a little buzzed?" I hated this tension between the two of them. It really made hanging out with either of them incredibly awkward and hostile.

"No, theres a shit ton things to watch on Netflix and I've been out all day. I'd also rather not have people see me in public now that everyone and their mother knows Jon is pursuing me." I grabbed the bottle out of her hands and took a gulp out of it.

"Ugh fine, but we're going out tommorow for your birthday. I know your parents gave you a shit ton of money since they're nowhere to be seen."

"You know my house way too well."

"Of course!" She came over and hugged me. "Now what did you wanna watch? I'm in the mood for something animated."

"We haven't see frozen yet right?"

"You're so fucking smart Jason holy shit."

"You're already drunk."

"Shut up."

I laughed as I pushed her off me and turned on my computer. My Facebook was open from like 2 days ago when I last touched it and I couldn't help but notice the dozens of friend requests I received. I guess everyone wants to know you when your schools point guard wants to date you. I shrugged it off and put on Frozen.

As a general rule whenever we watch a movie, we make up a drinking game. Every time a character sang we drank. Everything a pet was introduced or an inanimate object was brought to life we drank. Every time a fairy tale cliché appeared we drank. As anyone who's seen the movie could imagine we got trashed pretty damn quickly.

Two hours later the movie ended and we laid there unsure what to do next.

"I'm hungry..." Jenna moaned completely gone.

"Yeah me too, what time is it?" I looked at my TV to see it was about 6:15.

"Jasonnn lets go outttt."

"We're far too drunk to drive anywhere." I picked up the bottle we brought down and finished it. "Let's just call in a pizza."

"I don't want pizza I want taco bell." This was a regular conversation, eventually I would give in and drive but tonight Jenna had other plans.

"I have an idea!" She sat up really quickly and held her head. "I can get Marky to bring us taco bell! Or even better he can drive us there and back!"

"Bitch he's not coming anywhere near my house nor am I getting in his car. God knows he would posion my taco and put pictures of me throwing up on Facebook." I started walking upstairs for more liquor. "What do you want? Rum or Gin?"

"I want Marky to take us to taco belllll, but if you're gonna be a dick about this I guess Rum." She laid back down texting who I could only assume was Houston.

I came back downstairs with some Captain Morgan and knew Jenna was up to no good when she had her pouty face on.

"Don't be mad."

"Good luck. He's on his way isn't he?"

"He really cares about me Jason, and he's grown up too. He would never do anything to harm you and has constant guilt about what he did whenever he sees me."

"Im sure." I poured both of us another shot.

"Look hun, he said he would drive us there and back. He won't say a word and if he makes you mad I will never impose this on you ever again." She came over and hugged me. Jenna never asked a lot out of me but I could tell she was really happy about her relationship and just wanted things to work for her. "I'll be nicer to Johnny if you say yessss."

"You swear he won't say a word?"

"Not even to order food he already texted me his order!" She shoved her phone in my face. She was the whitest of white girl wasted.

"I can't convince you otherwise can i?"

"Oh Jason I love you so much thank you!" She clinged onto me and took her shot. "To being the best friend ever!"

A half hour later Jenna's phone vibrated signaling that Houston was here. We stumbled out of the house arm in arm and I locked my door. She got in the front seat and I laid down in the back.

"MARKY IM SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!" She screamed.

"JENNA YOU'RE SCREAMING!" I yelled just as loud not because I was drunk but because I was about to make Houston regret his decision

"I AM NOT!"

"YOU ARE TOO!"

"WHATEVER TO TACO SMELL!"

Houston didn't say a word like he said and began driving. I couldn't see much because I was laying down but I could tell Jenna was all over her boyfriend whispering something. It felt like an eternity before we got there. Half because I was gone, half because I had to listen to murmurs and giggling.

"WE'RE HEREEEE!" Jenna looked back at me laying down. "GET UP BITCH IM SO FUCKING HUNGRY."

I got up and walked ahead of the adoring couple. They would order their own food and I would get my own I figured.

"Hello and welcome to Taco Bell Jon's boyfriend." Leena Patel, one of the many school gossips was at the cash register.

"We're not together." I flatted. "Just give me what I always get."

"If you say so. 3 tacos, a drink, and an order of Potatoes. That's $5" We were definitely here way too much because she knew that by heart. I swiped my card and moved aside to pour myself a soda.

"I want...this is too hard I can barely see!" Jenna giggled. "Baby order for us pleaseeeeeeee."

Houston gave her a glare because all 3 of us knew he wasn't supposed to say anything.

"Oh it's fine Jason understands how gone I am." She smiled at me.

Houston and I looked at each other. I shrugged and went to get a straw.

He sighed in relief and ordered what I thought would just be food for him and her.

What seemed like an eternity of staring at the celling we picked up our food.

"Enjoy! Tell Jon he needs to sign up for Mr. Wilson next month!!" Leena was determined to get a confirmation out of me.

"We're not dating, I wouldn't be drunk on a Thursday if he had anything to say about it." I laughed as I walked to the exit.

"MARKY THAT'S A LOT OF FOOD IS THAT FOR JUST US?"

"No it's for everyone else. Remember?"

I knew it. Jenna was prioritizing her new fuckstick over me. She was now officially lying to me. She had no intention of staying over she probably would of just snuck out when I passed out if I refused to go to Taco Bell.

Everyone was quiet in the as we approached my place.

"Well have fun you two. Houston it was a pleasure as always." I said bitterly as I got out of the car.

"Sweetie wait." Jenna hopped out of the car mouthing for Houston to wait.

"Don't fucking say anything."

"Honey he wants to come to the party to show you he's sorry!"

"Don't give me that bullshit Jenna we both know you're lying. You had no intention of staying tonight. You were gonna sneak out later and go see him."

"Jason stop I'm serious there are like 30 people at his place waiting on us!"

"What on earth are you even thinking right now? You think I would even want to go?" I dropped my bag to the ground and was ready to cry. "You're lying to me now. After 2 years and knowing how hard it is for me to trust anyone you do this to me."

"I didn't lie, we both knew about the party and he's doing it for you."

"You know what happened Jenna. I can't forgive him."

"I....." she played with her hair again "I just want you two to get along because he's been really sweet and nice and he really hates what he did back then."

"Because of YOU Jenna. Because he likes YOU. He doesn't care about my feelings, he cares about YOURS." I picked up my bag and walked away. "Just get the fuck out of here, enjoy whoever's there and make sure you call me a faggot behind my back like you did 3 years ago. It'll be like i was there."

"Jasonnnnnnnnnn" Jenna tried to get out of the car but was in no condition to do so, those last few shots really must of done her in.

I walked up to my house and fumbled with my keys. I kept struggling to find my house key between my impaired vision and the tears coming out of my eyes. After 3 minutes I felt someone grab the keys and open my door. Houston picked up my bag and guided me downstairs.

"What the fuck are you doing you piece of shit get the fuck out of my house."

"Jason stop doing this."

"WHY NOW? WHY OUR LAST YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL DO YOU FINALLY HAVE BALLS TO APOLOGIZE?" It was over, the tears were coming out and i had absolutely no control over my emotions.

"Because of Her...."

"Same old fucking Mark Houston, thinks he can sweet talk everyone into having the perfect life." I found my bearings as i took a seat. "You dropped me when it was convenient for you, when it made your life easier. You didn't give a FUCK about me and you never did." The memories were flowing back like they always did, stabbing me over and over. "GET OUT."

'I'm going to figure out how to apologize Jason....just know i'm sorry." He trailed off as he ascended the stairs.

I sat in silence for a solid 10 minutes after i heard the car turn on and leave. Half because i was too drunk to bother, half because i hadn't cried this much in a few years. I always thought it took alot to break me, that i was stronger and smarter to not have people mess with my head now. It turns out that was wrong, i'm still the same vulnerable idiot that was tormented throughout middle school.

My phone rang and i answered it after letting it ring 4 or 5 times.

"What Jon?" I tried to sound like i wasn't a drunk blubbering mess.

"What did Jenna do?" I heard him pick up his keys, that meant he was already walking out of the restaurant to come see me.

"Put your keys down, it was just stupid Houston and his smug apology again."

"Oh....well if thats the case then we need to get out of here for the weekend."

"What on earth are you talking about?" I pinched my phone on my shoulder as i took off my clothes to pass out.

"I think we should take a short trip away from school and it's drama. It's your birthday why the hell not?" It was pretty easy to tell Jon had been planning this for a while and was choosing now to tell me but i let him pretend he was making it up as he went. "I'll get us a room over at Atlantic City and we'll just chill for the weekend. How does that sound?"

He was right, i needed a break from Jenna and Houston and school in general already. It's been 2 days and i haven't been this exhausted in months. Jon was the only person i could really confide in right now and this might be exactly what I needed to start building something with him.

"Ok."

"Ok? So you'll come?" Jon's raised his voice and i could hear his feet hop off the ground.

"Yeah, just don't fuck this up Johnny."

"FUCK YEAH I'LL SEE YOU TOMMOROW BABE! MOM HE SAID YES" Jon hung up immediately after and left me to stare at my ceiling. I thought my Senior year was going to be the same, get trashed every night, go into school, wait for it all to be over. Now however, it was quickly turning into the craziest time in my life. I mulled over telling Jon i had changed my mind, that i wasn't feeling up to it but then my phone buzzed one more time. It was a short but simple text that affirmed his feelings about me.

"Happy Birthday Jason Andrews. Let's make it your best one ever."

I looked at the clock. It was somehow midnight. I had no idea where the time had gone. I got up and decided to shower before bed. After putting on some fresh sleeping clothes I walked over to my bed. I noticed next to my bed was the clothes Jon had worn today. I picked up the hoodie and put it on. It still smelled like him. Between the smell and the warmth I was able to imagine him holding me as I drifted off to sleep.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Gay Male
  • /
  • Barriers Ch. 03

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 355 milliseconds