• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Lesbian Sex
  • /
  • The Woman in Black

The Woman in Black

123

The Woman in Black

Mrs Jennet Humfrye torments a new female visitor

*****

I. A New Visitor Arrives

Nobody had set foot inside Eel Marsh House for twenty years when Ms Claire Heoghan spontaneously decided to visit. A young teacher of English Literature at a school in her village, Claire was currently on holiday and she boarded the train with excited literary endeavour, happy that she would soon have a legendary story to tell her students. It was the end of the summer of 1967 and, with no more than a suitcase and a rucksack, she arrived and rented herself a room at an inn in the village of Crythin Gifford, where the legend of the Woman in Black had its origin.

That legend had been told in her home village when she had been a little girl, and she had always been curious to find out whether it was true. Once she arrived, she saw that there was no more direct access to the island where the legendary house was. The inn-keeper told her that the army had eliminated the road with detonators after the war to hinder all passage through land when the tide was low. It was whispered that this had been done at the request of the village council.

On the shore near the seabed where the road had been, the Royal Army had placed barbed wire and a "Keep out" sign. The official reason for banning all visitors was that there was an endemic bird species on the island that needed to be isolated and remain unfettered by human contact. Despite these deceitful statements Claire suspected that the real reason was that the legend about the Woman in Black was probably true.

On the day after her arrival, Claire was confronted with the impossibility of reaching Eel Marsh House. She wandered the muddy beaches for several hours until she discovered an old wooden rowboat hidden in the tall grass beside the beach and then waited until nightfall to row across.

Once it was dark and the tide was high enough, Claire finally managed to drag the heavy boat into the water. She was wearing an A-line skirt and a short-sleeved blouse, which guaranteed little protection against scrapes and bruises, but which also gave her better manoeuvrability.

As she didn't have any oars, she used a very long piece of driftwood to make her way ahead across the waters. She'd brought nothing with her except for some matches in the breast pocket of her blouse which, under unfortunate circumstances, she could easily spoil during this journey across the water.

The wind blew favourably and the tide was helpful, and finally, after about half an hour she reached the shore of the island where the legendary mansion was. The island seemed completely deserted. Nobody, not even the army seemed to have the will to guard it. In the sky, dense cloud formations covered the moon and it was pitch dark all around. Very much endowed with as much courage as imprudence, the beautiful, brave young woman set foot on land and began to walk towards the entrance of the old house.

There wasn't a lock nor was there a key needed to enter. The door screeched as she opened it and, once inside, she used her pocket matches to look ahead. After an initial inspection she lit two of the candles on the wall nearby. The entire house was very old and somewhat deteriorated, and even a bit dusty, but there wasn't a single spider's web anywhere and the house didn't show any signs of having been touched. Century-old paintings still covered the wall along the staircase and everywhere there were things to be seen which hadn't been moved for several decades.

With a candle in her hand, the brave young woman slowly crept up the stairs, the boards cracking under her feet, her curiosity superseding her fear. Once she was upstairs, she heard the sound of a music box which began to resound all through the empty house. She felt relieved that someone else were there too, and she called out several times but got no answer. With a knot in her throat, Claire made her way down the gangway and walked in the direction from where the music was coming.

Suddenly the music stopped, and she found herself in the middle of nowhere, not knowing where to go. She then caught a glimpse of herself in one of the mirrors in the gangway and let out a loud shriek, for in the reflection there was something standing behind her: a woman dressed in black. Claire did not see the woman behind her when she turned away from the mirror but she frantically ran in any direction, finally hiding in a bedroom beside the gangway. Now she was terrified.

She lifted the covers of the bed and climbed inside, shivering and quivering, not paying any mind to the rancid smell of the covers. Her candle was out and on the floor, and the room all around her was shrouded in complete darkness. Now she knew it was real. The legend of Jennet Humfrye was not a legend; it was true.

Fearing for her life, she then began to hear different sounds, all of which seemed to come from all around the house. Somewhere in the house an out-of-tuned piano began to play what sounded like one of Chopin's waltzes, and then the music box played some old ballad. The wooden floor in the room began to crack all around the bed, until suddenly, all became silent.

And then, there she was: In front of the bed suddenly stood the spectre, the terrifying Woman in Black. Claire screamed at the top of her lungs, then fainted and fell into a deep sleep.

II. The Spectre Speaks

Claire woke up the next morning with sunrays in her eyes, and with gratitude acknowledged that she was still alive and breathing. She remembered the terrifying vision that had put her to sleep and immediately set out to leave the island for good. The adventure was over. It was indeed early and a very warm summer's day, but even in the daylight the house was very spooky. As Claire walked down the dark corridor she felt a cold wind blowing through it and was very relieved when she finally made it out of the house through the main entrance.

Once outside, she took a deep breath of fresh air and began to stroll around the bleak island, looking for the rowboat she had put to use the day before and intending to row back at any cost as soon as the tide came in. She walked all around the shore but she couldn't find the boat; the tide had taken it. How was she to leave the island now? Walking back across the muddy seabed was also not an option; she would certainly sink, get stuck and then drown when the tide rose anew.

Cursing herself for her imprudent visit, she continued to stroll around the island trying to come up with a new plan for her flight back to the village. She soon came upon a big puddle full of crystal-clear rainwater and she drank from it using her hands. She also found an apple tree and ate one of its few fruits. As she ate she was oblivious all the while to the fact that the dark female figure was glaring at her from far behind, standing among the trees in the distance.

Once she had finished eating, Claire walked until she came across a small graveyard and she shivered slightly as she saw Jennet Humfrye's tomb. As she continued to make her way through the forest she spotted something quite unexpected: a surly little girl who stood among the trees a few metres ahead. She was dressed in white and holding something in her enclosed hand. Startled by the sight, Claire stopped and remained speechless.

-Use this when she comes to you again. -The girl said seriously, and she gave Claire what she was holding.

It was a small stone, and a very common one. Claire looked back up to request an explanation but the girl had vanished. What did this all mean? Was she supposed to throw the stone at Jennet Humfrye now the next time she was frightened by her? It didn't make sense. She put the stone in her breast pocket with her matches and wandered around the island a little longer, and then finally went back inside the house, in search for anything she could use to float back to the opposite shore.

Once inside, she was immediately frightened by the sight of the Woman in Black, who was standing at the bottom of the staircase. She was a tall, well-proportioned slender woman dressed completely in black. Her face was still visible behind her black veil, and she was as pale as milk. Claire gasped violently at the terrifying sight, but this time she didn't scream. She extracted the stone from her breast pocket and showed it to the Woman in Black, not knowing what outcome to expect from this. The spectre didn't move, but to Claire's surprise, it began to speak.

The Woman in Black then articulated her sentences very slowly, her terrifying voice sounding something like a loud whisper.

-In the presence of the stone... I am obligated to speak... -said the woman.

-Are you Jennet Humfrye? -Claire asked timidly.

- Yes... -Answered the woman, sounding the way a snake would sound if it could speak.

-I sense a lot of evil and hatred in your heart... -Said Claire, not having thought of anything better to say.

-Your senses are correct... -Answered the woman again.

-Why can I see you if you are dead? -Asked Claire.

The spectre took a deep breath and then answered in the same horrible whispering voice.

-I am not dead. -She said. -Another woman was buried in my stead and I was given a second chance to live... but I cannot eat... nor drink... nor sleep...

-That's impossible... How do you stay alive then?

-Evildoing, wrongdoing keeps me alive... Murder... Every time I am sighted a child dies in the nearby village. That is the task I have been given before I descend into the netherworld, and in exchange I am allowed to go on living. I will stay here as long as I can before my soul burns for all eternity... I am afraid...

-Who has given you the privilege of living longer?

-The Evil One...

-But if you are not dead, how is it that you can appear and disappear the way you did yesterday in the looking glass?

-It is one of the powers I have been given... -Explained the lady. -I need it to commit the murders...

Suddenly, in an instant, Jennet Humfrye disappeared from the staircase and immediately reappeared in front of Claire. Claire shrieked and instinctively leapt backwards, ending up with her back against the front door. The Woman in Black stared at her from behind her veil and said nothing. Her eyes were brown and she had dark under-eye circles. Her facial expression was wicked, but terrifyingly beautiful too. Brave Claire summoned all the courage that was possible and spoke again.

-Are you going to kill me? -She asked in a sincerely worried tone.

-No, but you will not leave this island alive... -Answered the dark lady, without emotion.

-Please, Mrs Humfrye, forgive my intrusion and let me go! -Begged Claire, her courage faltering.

-...I've never been keen on forgiveness... -Answered the Woman in Black. -But leaving is up to only you... if you find a way... Now that you have seen me... I have to slay a child... perhaps one of your pupils...

-No! -Shouted Claire. -Please, don't hurt any of my children, please have mercy, I beg of you!

-There will be no mercy... Only if you placed yourself wholly at my service... could I reconsider...

-At your service? -Asked the young woman. -What should you require from a poor school teacher?

-You shall do my will... with utmost diligence... -Said the Woman in Black.

Claire was frightened as she realised what that meant: Once at her mercy, she would serve the evil lady and commit crimes under her spell. She most certainly had to refuse; she would rather die than murder anybody, let alone innocent children. She was not going to sell her soul. But if she didn't do it, she would be unable to prevent her students' deaths, which she herself was also the cause of. She had seen the Woman in Black and now there were consequences for the children she loved the most. What was she to do?

-You have until sundown to decide... -Warned the Woman in Black. -We shall meet again then...

The Woman in Black disappeared and Claire was left alone. The young woman panicked and, for the rest of her day she looked everywhere for something she could use as a raft when the tide rose again. She looked all around the house but found nothing, not even a plank, and she felt too weak to lift any piece of furniture that would probably float. In her quest for anything she could use, Claire entered every room in the house, feeling presence all the while, sensing eyes fixed on her from behind her back.

When the sun began to sink she sat on one of the steps of the staircase and wept out of sheer exasperation. She finally resolved to do it: She would place herself at Mrs Humfrye's service in the hopes of protecting her dear pupils and saving their lives.

III. A Great Woman Humbled

Once the sun hid in the horizon, Claire became nervous. She expected the Woman in Black to reappear before her but nothing happened. After a few minutes of lethargically biting her fingernails Claire came to her senses. The little music box was sounding again, and she knew that that was her cue. She went back up the stairs and began to walk down the aisle, terrified and not knowing what to expect. She finally arrived at the door at the end of the gangway. The music box sounded from within, and there was also a wooden sound of rocking back and forth, constant and distinct.

She tried to enter but the door was locked. After several tries she gave up and just stood behind the door, hoping that all would soon come to an end. The music box then stopped playing and the door opened by itself, but the rocking sound continued. As she entered the room, Claire saw nobody inside and the room was full of strange animal figures. At the other side of the room, a rocking chair was moving. It was facing away from her, but Claire could see that someone was sitting in it. It was the Woman in Black.

With a shiver moving once more down her spine, Claire took the stone out of her pocket again and walked towards the rocking chair until she was standing right in front of Mrs Humfrye, the mere sight of whose pale face frightened her. The chair stopped rocking and the evil woman spoke.

-You have resolved to put yourself at my service... -Jennet Humfrye said in her odd, whispering voice.

-Yes. -Answered Claire submissively.

-Kneel before me... -Ordered the lady, as emotionless as before.

Humiliated by the very order she was given, Claire obeyed and she kneeled before the terrifying figure.

-Then I hereby proclaim you at my service... Going forward you will address me as Mistress... and I shall not address you by any name... I shall only give you my orders...and you shall obey them...

-Yes, Mistress... -Replied Claire, her terrified eyes trying to avoid the evil woman's countenance.

-If you fail to comply, your dear pupils will die... -Jennet Humfrye slowly said in rhyme.

-Yes, Mistress... -Answered Claire again, about to break into tears.

-Good... -said the lady in her ghastly voice. -Very good.

The next few moments were filled with a horrible silence between the two women, as the Woman in Black kept her eyes fixed on her new servant. Claire's fear then suddenly turned into heroism: She was now determined to do anything to prevent her dear children from being assassinated by this monster.

The Woman in Black then reached out her hand and told Claire to kiss it. The lady's fingernails were very long and pointy, and her skin was as pale as the moon. As Claire kissed her mistress's hand she was surprised that it was not cold. The terrifying figure was actually alive as she claimed, hot-blooded and human.

-What more shall you have me do, Mistress? -Asked Claire heroically, ready to accomplish anything.

-You shall begin by professing your submission... and humiliate yourself before me... -Answered the evil woman, adding nothing more. No further instruction was given.

The Woman in Black bettered her posture on the rocking chair and grinned maliciously at the young woman. Not able to look into those evil eyes for too long, Claire looked down in fear. The lady in black then put her hand on Claire's head and began to push it down towards the floor, as if forcing her to bow to her. Claire was distressed by this, but she didn't resist it. As she held Claire's head, the lady slid her left foot across the floor until it was right below Claire's face. Then, she pushed the head down until Claire's lips touched the upper part of her foot.

Claire understood her task and she turned that first touch into a kiss. Then she kissed her mistress's foot again to test for a reaction in case she had misunderstood her instructions. She kissed once, and as there was no reaction, she kissed several more times without stopping. In her black lacquer shoes very little skin of the evil woman's foot was available to be kissed. Claire kissed the skin from Jennet's instep over and over, and the Woman in Black finally let go of her Claire's head to lay back in the rocking chair and allow the kissing she had prescribed.

The Woman in Black said nothing and only grinned maliciously as she gazed downwards at Claire. All that was heard across the spooky room was the echo of Claire's kisses on the skin and on the shiny leather of her mistress's feet. Mrs Humfrye did not remove her shoes and she made her visitor continue to uncomfortably kiss her feet for as long as she felt adequate.

There was no stopping without the dark lady's instruction, so Claire's humiliation went on for quite a while. Utterly humiliated, the beautiful young woman kissed her mistress's shoes without letting up, in the hopes that all would end soon.

After a good hour of being on the floor in the same kneeling position, Claire's body started to hurt and she wished to shift positions, but she was afraid of so much as asking her dark mistress for permission. Her lips were also tired from all the kissing but she had no choice; she had to continue until Mrs Humfrye spoke. The Woman in Black sat there silently, watching her new servant do her will unconditionally, and still not determined to let her stop.

IV. The Woman in Black... and Purple

Claire had been submissively kissing Jennet Humfrye's feet for two hours when the evil woman finally spoke.

-Stop. -She finally ordered.

Claire finally stopped and she sat back on the wooden floor.

-Going forward... -Spoke the evil lady. -Going forward you shall do this whenever I appear... before you...

-Yes, Mistress. -Agreed Claire sombrely.

The Woman in Black remained seated on the rocking chair staring at Claire with her wicked brown eyes, completely silent and monitoring Claire's every move. Afraid of her mistress's eyes once again, Claire stared down at the floor, slightly trembling with nervousness. The Woman in Black was now pondering evil thoughts behind her veil and Claire was afraid.

After a short pause, the Woman in Black put her hand on her knee and slowly began to lift her long, black dress until she gave Claire a look at her milky-white shins.

-You shall continue... -She whispered.

Mrs Humfrye took Claire's hand and put it on one of her calves. Claire touched the lady's calf with her hand but didn't understand what she was supposed to do. What did the dark lady want? Did she want her to rub her leg or to kiss it as she had kissed her feet? Both the thought and the sensation sent horrible shivers down her spine.

Everything that the Woman in Black required from her now radically contradicted Claire's nature. Not only was Claire uncomfortable with any kind of contact with another woman, but kneeling before her also made her uneasy. Kneeling that close before another woman was repulsive to her; the proximity of another woman's sex instilled an unbearable sensation of disgust in her. She had a terrible phobia towards womanly touch and the worst among her recurring nightmares was kissing another woman. Claire's worst fear was also "going mad" and changing her sexual orientation.

123
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Lesbian Sex
  • /
  • The Woman in Black

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 94 milliseconds