• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Transgender & Crossdressers
  • /
  • Chosen for Vudamali

Chosen for Vudamali

123456

Author's Note: This is the "Theatrical Release" of the story as I got a bit carried away in writing it and it ended up very long before any sex happened. The "Director's Cut" will be submitted soon. Enjoy and please vote and comment! /i>

*****

Elde Walker shivered in her light shift, the gauzy material of the choosing gown doing as little to keep her warm in the chill clarity of the late autumn afternoon as it did to hide her bare body beneath from view. The tremor that went through her had little to do with the cool air, and had only a part to do with being so exposed for she secretly found it exciting. Instead it had to do with the troop of women marching into the square. Soon three of those gathered here would never walk on these cobbled streets again. They would be Chosen; taken as tribute to the protectors who made their life possible.

Her eyes flicked away from the approaching group as the mayor met them and spoke with the their leaders in hushed tones. Elde felt as though her heart might leap out of her chest and there was a faint urge to sob, to giggle, to do something with this tension that built in her stomach. She took deep breaths to steady herself; she would not shame her family by showing her worry, her fear, in the face of the Spear Women. They were here by law, to claim that which their sacrifice entitled them to. It was an annual ordeal every person had to endure unless crippled or sick from age eighteen to twenty-one.

Her green eyes flicked to the others around her and she felt comfort in seeing the same tension in many. The girls all wore plain shifts that went down to mid-thigh and the boys wore knee length trousers bound with a thin cord about the waist and were bare chested. Their garments were of the same filmy material; sheer and practically see through up close though at a distance it hid the body well enough. Close enough to speak normally, they were less clothes and more like a barely there morning mist that tinged the body with pale color but did nothing to hide it. Each pair of breasts could be seen as they heaved from the anxious breaths of the girls, each pretty pussy was bare to view, each toned or plush ass on display, each dangling sack and virile young cock free to inspect. Which was the point, after all, to let those here to choose to see their potential tribute while accommodating the modesty of the townsfolk. A compromise, as so much about The Choice was, between necessity and culture, civility and barbarity, and above all good faith and honoring a bargain.

Elde fidgeted as she could hear the approaching feet, the dull slap of leather on skin, the occasional clink of metal on metal, soft voices mingled with it. She swallowed and her breathing picked up. She closed her eyes, trying to will it back down, fighting an urge to do something to let out the emotion.

"Elde." The sound of her name in a familiar light baritone brought her up short. She glanced over, eyes cracking open, at the youth who stood in the rank in front of her and to her left. He had half turned to look back at her and she felt herself flushing as her eyes danced over his hard, well defined body; muscles obvious in his arms, shoulders and legs, his stomach firm and flat, and his manhood proud, long, and thick in the hazy fabric of his choosing garment. The youth was tall, an inch or so above six feet, and his build was broad shouldered but otherwise lean. He had short hair the color of dark chocolate and his eyes were a creamy green; his face was clean shaven and his features strong but clean and well formed. There were a few faint scars on his forearms and the backs of his hands from accidents at the forge but his body was otherwise unmarred. Her first cousin, Lan, gave her a flickering smile. "It will be all right. We won't be harmed."

"I know," she whispered back. Lan looked good; one of the best looking boys there. And she shouldn't look but his privates were longer and thicker as well. She flushed deeper; he was her cousin! She really shouldn't be looking at him like this! Though...she realized that he was staring at her suddenly and his own cheeks were a bit red. "Lan!"

"Sorry!" He turned back around, standing straight and rigid. Elde heard a few snickers and then several more voices shushing them; they weren't to speak unless addressed during the Choosing. She looked down at her own body, secretly and shamefully feeling pleased that Lan had been so distracted by her appearance. She had blossomed well, but only this past year; she usually wore far more concealing clothes, given her apprenticeship as a healer. Her skin was fair with only a very faint dusting of freckles on her cheeks. Her features were pretty, lovely when she smiled, with notable cheekbones and a graceful jawline that were rounded and softly pleasant. Her eyes were a more vibrant green than her cousin's, a striking almost gem-like tone; her lips were full and pink. Her hair was a russet brown, falling down to the base of her neck; many town girls wore it longer but given her training longer hair would just get in the way. Her stomach was flat and there was a shadow on the upper part of it from her breasts; large, high, and proud, enough each to overflow a grasping hand and adorned with light brown nipples that were stiffening in the cool air and from her own slowly stirring arousal. Her hips swelled out from her waist over her plush ass. Her virgin sex was pink and pretty with a thin fuzz of reddish hair above and about it. Her legs were freshly shaved that morning, smooth and shapely.

The sounds of those approaching came to a halt and she heard the mayor clear his throat, "Here is our resolve and commitment," he said, the ritual words tinged with resignation, "to our bargain and our honored partners. Choose from our people those who will become yours." The mayor was a middle aged man with a hardy frame and greying dark hair and his dark eyes flicked to his own daughter as she stood among the possible tributes, not far from Elde.

"Your pledge is kept true and so the blood of our sisters is not shed in vain or dishonor," the captain of the Spear Woman replied. That was the correct response, of course, but she then went further, "Be comforted, for though they will not be among you, those who go forth with us will be kept well." Her voice was a smoky alto, lower than most women yet not so much so as to be tenor. Elde raised her eyes to look as the captain, her second, and the mayor started to walk among the gathered young people.

The captain of the Spear Women was tall, even for her people; Elde judged she had four or five inches on Lan. Her frame was powerful and athletic but not bulky or masculine, as far as could be seen with her armor. She wore a thick cloak of scarlet that was back over her shoulders and a breastplate of gleaming steel covered her chest; decorated with copper trim and a faint etching of a bear's head on either shoulder. If it's shape was filled, then her breasts were larger than Elde's but there was no knowing. After a brief ring of grey cloth worn under the armor, her upper arms were bare and her skin was a smooth dark caramel that flexed over muscles that were well-defined without bulging or distorting the expectation of the feminine form; a pair of thick steel bracers with an odd symbol Elde did not know on them and a snug fitted pair of leather gloves beneath. She wore a thick leather belt that held a sword and dagger and affixed to the knee length skirt of hardened plaited leather that protected her loins and thighs before a slight expanse of that same caramel skin vanished under the tops of a pair of well-made hobnail boots. Her spear, shield, and bound trio of javelins and been left behind with her escort at the edge of the square, completing the armaments of the Spear Women. She wore a helm that enclosed head and face save for an oval over the eyes and a thin line down the middle, a set of red feathers forming a crest that went down the middle of the helmet to just above the edge of it in back.

She stopped before the first of the young people in their loose arrangement and looked them over, her assistant doing the same, even moving around to inspect the girl from all angles. The assistant was armored and armed the same save her breastplate was more lightly ornamented, a different emblem was on her bracers, and her cloak and crest were a duller russet red. "A pretty girl," the taller woman murmured, then spoke more loudly, "tell me of her."

Elde found herself tuning that out in favor of trying to surreptitiously gawk. This was the closest she had ever seen any of the Spear Women; she'd them before at a distance when they'd come for previous Choosings and closer than that a few times when they had come to town to re-supply or rest but never been any closer than a good hundred feet before. Her eyes moved to the captain's escort where they waited at the sides of the square; seven more women each armed the same with brown cloaks and crests. Their bracers were adorned with a single bar; they must indicate rank. They seemed to be speaking among themselves as they watched, a few of them pointing and gesturing to some of the tribute. It took her a moment to realize that they were trying to guess who would be chosen, a few even apparently placing bets. A few were shifting as if...not quite uncomfortable but as if something was stirring or disturbing them. Those who did so drew their cloaks about themselves though Elde thought she saw something hanging under the skirt of one before she hid her body beneath the cloak.

"Lan Walker, age 18." Her cousin's name brought her out of her inspection and she took a deep breath, lifting her face to look. The Spear Woman captain and her second-in-command were looking over him now and the mayor stood off to one side with the book. She could hear a bit of hesitation as the mayor spoke and knew why; Lan had valuable skills to the town. "The Walkers are one of our older, more established families. His parents own a large farm worked by his uncle's family and live in town themselves; oldest of four. He's thought of as dependable but strong willed in particulars, kind but blunt in his manner. He's been pursued by a few girls but has taken up with none we know of, many friends but only a few close, no real enemies."

Unlike any of the others so far, Lan did not flinch or seem to shrink beneath the gaze of the Spear Women. He stood proudly and rather than look away, made a point of meeting the captain's gaze. "He's also the first to look me in the eye," she noted and her voice was amused and pleased. "Go on."

The mayor sighed, "He's very strong, and an enduring worker, not prone to sickness, and learns well. He can read and write, do enough math to run a shop, knows most basic tasks...and he is our blacksmith's most skilled apprentice, by the smith's own report."

The two Spear Women paused in their visual inspection at that and exchanged a look. "Is he now? Well, well. Lan Walker, what manner of smithing can you do? What can you make and mend?"

Lan's voice did not waver or falter, "Many things, Captain. Basic items; nails, horsehoes, rings, and rods, but I can also make buckles and leather strapping for them. I can make or mend pots and pans; forged or cast. I have learned to make many tools; hammers, axes, saws, and the like."

"Hm." There was a leathery hiss as the captain drew her sword and then reversed her grip to offer the hilt to Lan, "Take it and look. Could you make this?"

Lan's eyes were suspicious for a moment but he took the weapon and looked at it; his eyes growing bright. "This is fine work. The maker is a master of the craft." He turned it over and looked at it from a few different angles before cradling the flat of the blade in his palms and offering it back to the captain, "I have never made such a thing, nor could I match such a blade now, but...I could make one that would serve and in time...yes, I think I could."

The captain took her weapon by the hilt and slid it back into the sheath. "You don't strike me as the boasting type, Lan Walker." The woman's face could not be seen beneath her helmet but her voice had a thoughtful tone.

Her assistant spoke, not for the first time but the first time Elde had been paying attention for, "He's good looking too, Captain. And he's got a great ass."

The captain chuckled, "Thank you, Caria." She paused and then asked, "You're not afraid of me, are you, boy?"

Lan looked a bit surprised and licked his lips, as if unsure what his answer would mean. "No, Captain. I respect your position and your might, but I do not fear you." His tone had a slight challenge in it that made Elde and the mayor both blanch.

She laughed then, head tipping back, "Good! You have steel in you. Follow me, Lan Walker, I choose you to be ours." She lifted both hands to clap him on each shoulder, the traditional gesture, and the leaned in to speak, her voice barely low enough to carry to Elde, "You'll have something more in you soon enough, my bold little blacksmith."

Lan blinked as she straightened and turned away, "Lead on, Mayor. We have two more to Choose this year." Elde watched with wide eyes as her cousin swallowed and then fell into step after the captain and the mayor, the assistant behind him. Oh, Lan! She'd been worried about him; the whole family had. As a smith, he was so valuable! She felt an ache in her chest; after tonight, she'd never see him again. The Spear Women brought word and even letters from the Chosen sometimes but not one had ever returned home, even to visit. Oh...oh, Lan. She wouldn't cry. Not here. She could hear the major speaking, but it seemed faint and far away as she thought with dread of sharing this news.

"Elde Walker, age 18." Her own name made her head jerk up, eyes wide, to see the captain standing in front of her. Had they come so far already? She swallowed and straightened up, her heart hammering in her chest. Her eyes flitted to where Lan stood beside the well-armed lieutenant; his eyes were sympathetic and kind, he mouthed the words "It's all right" to her. The mayor went on, "Her family is the branch of the Walkers; they work the farm. She's the third child of seven. Known locally as sweet and a bit naïve, a sharp tongue when roused and a keen wit; very well liked. She ran errands and messages between the town and the farm before starting her apprenticeship, known as always one to help out if she's on hand or come calling with a helping hand."

The mayor raised his brows and Elde felt herself flush as he looked her over himself before continuing, "She's many friends in town, most of them in the square now as other tribute, though she's also friendly with many older and is liked by the children in particular, gets along with them well and has often helped mind them during busy times. No suitors as she wasn't, ah, as you see her until the last year and her garb hides her body well most of the time, though a few lads had been trying to determine how to approach her. A few quarrels with other girls, jealous of her mostly, but nothing serious."

Arista walked around Elde in a slow circle, "You must have worked to hide that body, girl, but no suitors? Are you a virgin, Elde Walker?"

Her face felt like it was on fire, she was blushing so much! "Y-yes, ma'am. Captain. Captain, ma'am." Why would they ask that? She could just die!

"Oh, Captain," Caria breathed. The second-in-command's voice had a strange breathiness to it.

"Caria, hush." The tall woman came around in front of Elde again. "Her aptitudes and training, Mayor?"

The older man sighed again. Might as well hand her over to them now. "She's familiar with a great deal of farm work, of course. Planting, weeding, tending crops, beasts as well, chicken and pigs mostly. She's a solid cook and very good with needle and thread, competent in most other tasks. She can read and write as well, rare for farmer folk. She is apprenticed with...well...with our healer."

Both of the Spear Women looked at one another, then back at Elde. "A healer?" The interest and excitement in the captain's voice made Elde's stomach tighten. "The Goddess guides us today. Perhaps. Elde Walker." She reached up under the lip of her helm and there was a faint creak of leather and clink of a buckle, then she grasped her helmet and lifted. "Look at me and tell me what you think."

Elde blinked and stared; she heard Lan and a few others take in sudden breaths. The captain was beautiful; her face was elegant and lovely with clear, high cheekbones and sharp features. Her eyes were an almost luminous blue that seemed to stand out all the more against her darker skin and her lips were full. Her hair was a startlingly blond and cut in a short Caesar style. Her ears were pierced in two places on each lobe, small golden studs gleaming there.

However, what made Elde stare was the gash that ran down her right cheek at a sharp angle. The wound was fresh, only a day or so old at most. Her hands flexed and she stepped forward, lifting them up to turn the woman's head for a better look before she remembered her place and stepped back blushing, "Uh, well, I'd like a better look at it, captain." Her nerves stilled; this she knew. That wound needed treated! "But it needs attention; it's been cleaned, but not well enough. I'd wash and clean it well, and it needs covered, with a compress of herbs that will keep it from swelling and reduce the risk of infection. The dressing would need to be changed at least once a day for a week." She frowned. "I don't know that I can keep it from scarring...but I can keep it minimal, I think, if I start right away."

The captain's slow smile took all the confidence she'd felt talking about addressing the injury and tossed it to the winds. Oh. Oh, no. No, no, no. The warrior woman looked back at Lan, "He's your cousin?"

"Y-yes, C-captain, ma'am." Oh, she hadn't thought this through at all! Lan as a smith would be valuable. But to a fighting people, she would be even more so! Why hadn't she thought of that?

"Good," she purred. "I wouldn't take siblings; too much from one family, but cousins...I can do that." Elde stared up in shock as she felt the captain's strong hands come down on her shoulders, "Follow me, Elde Walker. I choose you to be ours."

Elde remembered nothing of the rest of the Choosing. They followed Captain Arista as she went over the remaining young folk. In the early days, some of those Chosen might try to run and so a Spear Woman stayed behind to grab them if they tried. It would be the height of shameful behavior now and would mean their family would forego the tithe they got for having a child Chosen.

The thought of fleeing never entered Elde's mind. She saw pity and relief in the eyes of her those they passed and her own gaze lingered on each face as if to puzzle out in the shocked daze of her mind why they would look at her like that. She made no reaction when Arista made the final Choice of the year, Ies Scrivner, a slender and pretty boy that Caria urged the captain to take. He was a scholarly boy, she dully recalled, always at books, and at 19 was already working as a scribe for many in town.

She could vaguely hear voices as Caria spoke to each of the Chosen's families, handed out the Tokens of Giving, but it meant almost nothing. She felt Lan's hand on hers, giving it a squeeze, before he was led away to her aunt and uncle where they stood with bleak expressions. Then she felt herself nudged by one of the Spear Women and stumbled forward, making her way to her where her mother embraced her in strong, warm arms and buried Elde's face against her shoulder with a stifled sob.

Then all feeling came back; rushing upon her in a torrent. Her life, this life, was over. She'd never see home again. Never hold her little brothers and sister, never-oh, oh, God!

123456
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Transgender & Crossdressers
  • /
  • Chosen for Vudamali

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 16 milliseconds