• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Celebrities & Fan Fiction
  • /
  • Adventures of Hollywood Jim Ch. 79

Adventures of Hollywood Jim Ch. 79

12

Author's note-Thanks so much for your patience. I've had to contend with some writer's block along with some serious health issues, but Hollywood Jim is back with plenty of new adventures to come.

*****

"Get a shot over here, Jim...no, no not there! Yeah, that's a good one! Get the sun coming through the windows...NO! Not those windows! Right over there...watch it! Don't you knuckleheads know what that cost me to import?"

Chuck Tyler was leading me around the huge space that would be Malibu Athletics. At the moment though it was a cacophony of saws and hammers, with me documenting its progress with my camera and him screaming at construction workers. But he was ever-confident in its potential.

That is, when he wasn't yelling at the workmen.

Since taking over Artists Unlimited, Chuck had been generous and shrewd with the company assets. His spies throughout Hollywood were always on the lookout for new or established talent that could be added to the company roster, he was now in discussions for a film project he'd be producing called "Spotlight" that would hopefully star Lea Michelle, and a long delayed European trip with Mrs. Tyler was in his plans as well. And outside of the agency he was also building diverse interests in real estate. One of which was Malibu Athletics.

Malibu Athletics probably sounded like something from the 70's, but it would be decidedly modern in its approaches to healthy living and exercise. No surprise since its founder was Brooke Burke. She'd had a long relationship with several fitness companies but only as a spokesperson, with Chuck she'd found a willing backer to open her own club where she could call the shots.

"Whaddya think, Hollywood?" he asked as he showed me some blueprints.

I rubbed my chin and tried to look intelligent before stating the obvious.

"I think you're looking at them upside down."

"Well, other than THAT?" he said in an annoyed tone as he flipped them over.

"It's a big space, I guess the location works good for you, right?"

"You bet it will! I'm putting the company resources on this one and that includes you."

"Me? I've already got a gym membership and they know me pretty well there."

"But I know you better, and your input will be most beneficial."

"How? I'm no gym rat."

"Ah! But you've got contacts through your work for us."

"What contacts? I don't scout talent, that's your job...and anyway Jeff is the contact guy not me."

"Nevertheless, you can be a big help here."

I shrugged my shoulders in response.

"I don't know how but if you say so..."

"Of course I do!" he said quickly "Now, I've gotta get back to the office, you hang around here."

"And do what?"

"What you always do, and do well." he said over his shoulder as he headed for the doors.

After about 10 minutes of wandering around, I felt ridiculous.

"Screw this..." I mumbled to myself as I now headed for the door.

My escape was short-lived though.

Chuck was outside chatting to someone sitting in a white Range Rover. I quickly tried to figure a way to get to my car across the lot without being seen.

"Hollywood! Over here!" Chuck yelled.

My "escape" foiled I slowly walked over to him.

"Perfect timing, kid..." he said "Meet Brooke."

Whoa!

Brooke Burke was sitting in the Range Rover. Her brunette hair casually mussed and with dark aviator glasses that she slowly pulled down her nose.

"Hi, so you're the guy he calls Hollywood..." she said with that electric smile "I'm Brooke."

"Good to meet you."

"I probably look like a mess, I just got back from Pilates."

"Nah, you look great." Chuck quickly replied "I was just telling Jim about the benefits of membership.

"He was?" I thought.

"It'll be great, Jim. I'll really make it worth the effort." she said before looking me over closer "But it looks like you're already there."

"Well, uh, there's always room for improvement with me I guess."

"I think I can help there." she replied adding an effortlessly sly tone "I've gotta get going now...good to meet you, Jim."

"Yes, you too."

Brooke drove away leaving me with Chuck.

"Why was she here, anyway?" I asked

"Checking on her, I mean, our investment." he said confidently.

"I hope you know what you're getting into here. Places like this are like a dime a dozen."

"Of course I do! These next few months are gonna be big, Hollywood. The agency's doing well, you're doing well...I've got this joint running like clockwork."

"Then, uh, do you mind my asking what was going on in New York before the merger?"

Artists Unlimited's corporate offices were based in New York City, that was where the real big shots of the company were based. I'd only met them (including our CEO, Walter Murphy) once during the time Marty O'Brien was suing the company, they handled that like pros, but strangely chose to stay on the sidelines when I (and the agency) got caught up in the Villa del Sol scandal. What I was now referring to were some high-level meetings Chuck had been summoned to before the big merger with Talent Associates went through. I only heard about these when I was in Miami. And my suspicions were raised even further when Chuck's New York equivalent, Scott Jackson, started talking about how he was following my work, past, present and future. It was the "future" I was concerned with, probably for no reason.

Someone once told me the only exercise I got was jumping to conclusions, maybe they were right. Scott was long gone from the company, and Artists Unlimited's status in the industry had only grown.

"Who told you about that?" he asked with a look of surprise on his face.

"Sarah Smith, I met her when I was in Miami."

Chuck bit his lip and looked skyward, like he was trying to control his temper.

"Let me tell you about Miss Sarah Smith..." he said slowly with a building fury in his voice "...she has been the biggest pain in the ass to me. You wanna know why she's down in Miami? So I could get her outta what's left of my hair. THAT'S why I had to spend so much time in New York! THAT'S why I put everything on the line to buy up Talent Associates and get her and Scotty-boy out of my life!"

"OK, I was just asking-"

"Well, DON'T ask!" he yelled before lowering his voice "I'm sorry...look, don't worry about things like that. You've always got a place in this company, I guarantee that. I've always kept my promises to you and I don't intend to let the Sarah Smith's of the world get in the way."

That reassured me.

"Look, I'll see you tomorrow, Hollywood." he said as he got into his BMW and drove off.

He was right, he had been very generous and kept his promises since I'd joined the agency. I had full control over any photo projects, a nice office, cool car, new apartment in a highly desirable location...I guess that's why he calls me "Hollywood".

Two months later, the spotlights were out in full force at the gala opening of Malibu Athletics. I arrived alone and could already see how Chuck had turned this into the event of the year, or at least of this moment. The building's bright white exterior glowed in the colorful spotlights and a full contingent of paparazzi were everywhere looking for the ideal shot, but more likely wanting to see celebs in their workout clothes. I never knew how to handle myself at these events, I tried not to act starstruck but it was always tough.

"Hollywood!" I heard Chuck yell "Ya made it, kid!"

Chuck looked, well, a little ridiculous in his workout gear. His pastel-colored tank top showed tufts of black hair on his shoulders and the less said about his shorts, the better.

"Here's your goody bag!" he said as he tossed me a small duffel bag loaded with promotional materials from the club.

"Use it in good health."

"Oh, yes. I can never have too many t-shirts."

"Right! Get some photos of Brooke, she's gonna be doing a Pilates class."

"You got it." I said before hesitantly asking him "Uh, are you gonna participate?"

"Does this look like a body for Pilates?"

"Good point, I'll get my camera."

At least he didn't order me to do Pilates.

Now I try to be as professional as possible but seeing Brooke in workout clothes amongst a dozen or so other lovelies doing every possible lunge, thrust, you name it, well, my professionalism was being tested.

And I got quite the surprise when among those other "lovelies" I noticed a brunette beauty with Brooke, none other than Robin Meade. Robin looked even hotter than Brooke in a bright red Ohio State t-shirt.

I got another shocker as I saw who else was there. Lindsay Lohan, Miley Cyrus, Kaley Cuoco, Jennifer Aniston, Hilary Duff, and Kim Kardashian. With her sister Khloe.

"Geez, it's an old girlfriend's reunion." I thought.

"Alright everybody great workout!" Brooke yelled "Give yourselves a high five!"

Everyone applauded and high-fived one another and started walking toward me as I stood with my camera. There were no looks of suspicion as they strolled past me, only smiles as they recognized me.

"Hi, babe!" Lindsay said as she passed "Call me sometime."

"Gotta get you in this class!" Miley joked as she strolled by and smacked my ass.

"Hey sweetie!" said Kaley.

"Been too long, Jim! We've gotta do lunch sometime." Hilary added.

"Stop drooling, hot shot." Jennifer said, adding that nickname she always used around me.

"Hollywood! Good to see you here." Kim said as she passed by with Robin.

I smiled sheepishly as all these beauties passed by, then heard something odd.

"Hollywood? Why did you call him that?" Robin asked Kim.

"You don't know? Oh, I've gotta tell you!" Kim replied with a laugh, their voices quickly fading away as they went into the locker room.

Like I said, Chuck Tyler had gotten over his latest tantrum over my (supposed) recklessness, the Scott Jackson storm had blown over, and the agency was in its best health in years. Chuck even took me to lunch one day at his main hangout, the Beverly Hills Hotel.

"I have to admit, Jimmy-boy...as much as you've been a headache to me at times, I'm glad we've got someone like you here."

I was surprised at his candor.

"Are you sure you're talking to the right guy?" I said as I sipped my ginger ale.

"Aw, come on, kid!" he chuckled "You should know by now that my bark is worse than my bite. Or words to that effect."

"Right, words to that effect."

"I mean it, you've been golden to us."

"What do you mean, "golden"?"

"The clients we've got are happy, most of them ask for you specifically so you've got something they must like."

"I guess you're right there."

Just then his phone buzzed.

"Excellent!" he said "Right, call me to set things up."

"Things just keep getting better and better, my friend." he said with bravado.

"Do tell."

"That was HLN. We are gonna be featured in a documentary series they're doing."

"Really?"

"Yep, it's called "The New Hollywood" and they're looking at different parts of the industry."

"I might be compelled to watch CNN, I mean, HLN."

"You better be, you'll be in it."

I practically spit out my drink.

"What?" I coughed.

"Right, you didn't think I'd leave my ace out of this."

I looked around and leaned in close to him.

"Do I need to remind you of the little scandals you've conveniently blamed me for in the past?"

"Ancient history, all of them." he said with a dismissive wave and mouthful of his supposedly healthy sandwich.

I still found that hard to believe, but didn't say anything.

"Straighten up your office tomorrow," he said as he beckoned the waiter for a refill of his drink "they might want to interview you there."

"Interview me?"

"It's not definite, but I think they'd miss out on a good story if they didn't at least get your two cents on things or show off your work. You should at least give them that."

"OK, I see your point."

"Great! That's the Hollywood Jim we all know and love." he chuckled.

Even I chuckled a little at that one.

2 days later I went to Chuck's office as usual and was met by a crew of camera and lighting people, and the sight of Chuck having makeup applied at his desk.

"Don't laugh, it's what happens when you get interviewed." he quickly said when he saw me. He knew the sight of this would provoke some kind of cutting remark from me.

"I'm only sorry I don't have a camera handy."

"Very funny." he said "Oh, Robin! You should talk to this guy!"

I turned and saw Robin Meade standing by me.

"Hi, Jim! Chuck's told me so much about you!" she said in that perky tone of hers as we shook hands.

"Y-yes...Hi!" I somehow said.

Robin was cool and business-like in a maroon wrap dress and matching boots, her brunette hair shimmered and her teeth dazzled like diamonds.

"Chuck's right, we'd like to interview you later on, will that be a problem?"

Chuck jumped in before I could answer.

"Not at all! Jim here is the perfect man to talk to...next to me of course!"

Robin chuckled a little.

"Yes, I'm sure he is...we'll talk later." she replied before turning to a director "Dan, are we set to go?"

Chuck stood up, grabbed his best Armani jacket and took a seat opposite Robin.

"Watch and learn, Jimbo...watch and learn." he said confidently as he straightened his jacket. He must've felt like the King of Hollywood at this moment. But even a King knows his crown might be on crooked at times, and must be told of it by "his subjects".

"Uh-huh...zip up your fly while you're at it." I said as I headed for the door.

Chuck immediately grabbed his zipper, then realized I was joking.

"Oh, very witty, Mister Hollywood!"

"I still got it." I thought as I grinned all the way to the elevator.

I nervously kept looking at my watch but two hours went by and there was no sign of this "special interview" being done. Finally, my phone buzzed, it was Chuck.

"Change of plans, kid. We won't be doing it today."

"Oh, uh, okay."

"Yeah, she had to get back to home base in Atlanta...we'll be doing it there day after tomorrow."

"What?!"

Chuck seemed surprised.

"Yeah, is that a problem?"

"Well, no, uh, I just...w-why there?"

"I think it'll look better if I'm there in person...you ever seen that set she's got down there?"

For a minute I wondered if he was referring to the studio set or her bra size.

"Not lately." I replied, tactfully.

"She thinks it'll be better."

His explanation sounded fishy.

"I thought you did?"

There was a silence on his end.

"That too." he said before quickly adding "We both do...come on! You know what I mean!"

Chuck wasn't kidding when we arrived at CNN Center in Atlanta in the very early morning and after a quick touch-up, we were escorted to the HLN set that had been modified slightly for our joint interview that would be sandwiched in between news segments and be repeated later on in the morning.

"Chuck! Jim! Great to see you again!" Robin said in that effortlessly perky tone she did so well. She looked even more gorgeous, this time in a purple wrap dress and black leather boots. She hugged both of us and she had a wonderfully soft perfume on too.

"5-4-3-2-1...and cue Robin!"

"Hollywood has seen its share of moguls," Robin began "...but in the new Hollywood, one name has quickly stood out. His name is Chuck Tyler and he's the Chairman of Artists Unlimited, a talent agency who represents clients as diverse as Jennifer Lopez, Tigress and even boxer Ronda Rousey..."

Chuck was strangely modest about the agency's accomplishments and I sat there trying not to look nervous and hoping I wouldn't called on to be as witty as Chuck. I also tried not to stare at Robin, who sat opposite us in that cross-legged stance she did every day that only made her look sexier and showed off the leather boots she wore too.

"...but the agency wouldn't be where it is without people like Jim, here..." he said

"Jim, how did you come to work with Chuck?" Robin asked.

"Well...I have to give credit to Chris Foster. He started the photo agency and we merged with Artists Unlimited."

"Did you ever think you'd be with someone like Chuck?"

"Oh...it's always a new experience. Chuck's the best kind of boss."

"But you're with starlets every day...do ya ever get jaded?" she asked in that playful voice of hers.

"Very rarely."

"Oh! When was the last time?"

"Uh...well, uh, being around someone like you." I said nervously.

Robin playfully smacked my knee laughing. Even the crew snickered at that.

"See what I mean? Always modest!" Chuck added.

"You guys!" Robin laughed before continuing to interview Chuck on what the agency's future plans were. He quickly rattled off a list of projects for clients and added his plans for "Spotlight", as well as the new Malibu Athletics facility that just opened.

"What about you, Jim?" she asked me.

"I'll be behind the camera, as usual." I replied with a slightly nervous smile.

"...And we're out!" the stage director said

"Great job, guys!" Robin said to us

While I looked around at the huge set, one of the show producers pulled Chuck aside and started to go over arrangements for another interview back in LA. Robin was nearby with a tech person when she looked over at me.

"Hey! I just remembered, you were at Malibu Athletics opening night." she said.

"Right, that's me."

"You're a pretty popular guy from what I saw."

"Well, some of those people are clients of the agency."

"I don't know...Kim seemed to know you pret-tee well." she said in that perky, flirty tone she used on the air.

Now what do I say?

"Kim?"

Robin leaned in a little and said "You know, Kardashian...she told me allll about you..." then she leaned in closer "...Hollywood Jim."

Robin looked around before saying in a business-like tone;

"Lemme show you my office, I just got this great photo print you've gotta see."

Robin took my hand and led me out of the studio.

As we walked down the halls, staffers stopped her every so often to give her details on upcoming segments. She gave quick responses and we moved on. Just then another woman stopped us and I nearly fainted when I saw her. She was a relatively short brunette girl with huge tits who bore a striking resemblance to someone I knew.

"Robin! Glad I caught you..." she said before going into this discussion about a news story. Robin listened intently and gave her opinion, but I couldn't stop looking at the other woman. When we moved on again, I finally found the nerve to speak.

"That girl you were talking to, have I seen her somewhere?"

"Probably, her name's Laura d'Atri, she does a political show here, She's really good, why?"

"Oh, uh, nothing, she looks like someone I know, that's all."

I was being modest, she was a dead ringer for Laura Austin. And the thought of her and Robin in the same room, well...

Robin led me into her large office, it looked business-like with a good sized desk and leather furniture around. Off to the side was a small room that appeared to be for her makeup people. On the walls were framed photos of her with certain news figures, a photo of her with President Obama was in a prominent place, another had her on the deck of a Navy ship with some lucky sailors. A baseball cap with a battleship's name engraved on it was nearby, along with similar ones from Marine and Army units.

"I guess you're popular with the military."

"Oh, yeah! We do a salute to the troops every day, so they've sent me lots of little trinkets." she said as she stood by her desk and studied some papers "Did you serve?"

"Me? No, my Dad was an Army artillery officer in Korea. I've always wondered how my life would've been different if I had though."

"I've heard that a lot." she replied as she sat down on the leather sofa "Sit yourself down Mister Hollywood."

As I sat down, she immediately moved closer to me. Close enough that I could smell her beautifully soft perfume.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Celebrities & Fan Fiction
  • /
  • Adventures of Hollywood Jim Ch. 79

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 20 milliseconds