• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • Infernal Machines Ch. 03

Infernal Machines Ch. 03

[This chapter returns to the viewpoint of Attica Silvanus; if this is the first chapter you've read in the series, and you are interested in following the full story, please check out the first two chapters J]

I rush into the room and kneel to the floor beside Maraldi.

I just watched her leave his room as I was making my way to the bathroom – fortunate was I that her skin colour-patterns were as suspicious as the glance she gave me before she made her way down the hall.

Not so fortunate now, I suppose.

Geri runs in to see the commotion shortly after I take my hand-towel and frantically press it onto the gash in his chest. He's coughing blood, but his eyes are open now.

"Maraldi, keep your eyes open – what happened?"

He tries to speak – I lean in to see if he can whisper, but instead he points to his side. Christ, she got his lung as well? I swing my head around to speak to Geri.

"Get me some more towels – quickly!"

She nods, and rushes out of the room. I focus my attention back onto Maraldi. She's coughing, eyes drifting from focusing on me and rolling up.

"Maraldi, calm your breathing down. Stay with me."

I'm panicking – first the Marshalls, and now since. I can't lose Maraldi now, not like this.

He grabs my shoulder, forcing me down so that he can speak into my ear.

"In...Inf...finity..."

"What?"

No response. Geri stops behind me – she doesn't hand me the towels.

"Maraldi? Maraldi!"

I shake him slightly, then a little more. I could've shaken the rest of his blood out of him had she not stopped me. Her tender hand on my shoulder broke me.

My hand slips from his chest and shoulder; it's over.

Christ. Maraldi...

-------1 Month Later-------

7:15am. Ugh.

The bourbon that managed to slip down over my chin has gone stale overnight; I pace myself, slowly rising to my feet from the bed and stumbling to the bathroom.

I groan as I crack my neck. I get most of the seat – oh well. A little tissue and it's gone.

I look at the heavy beard growing on me in the bathroom mirror. I keep meaning to trim it, but...since Maraldi...

I sigh and swig some more bourbon from the bottle I conveniently left nearby; I run the hot water for the bath and strip off my tattered shirt and underwear.

The sun is coming in nicely through the open spaces in the boarded window – it highlights brief ripples in the water as it fills the tub.

I stop the water and carefully lower myself into the warmth – not sure what I did last night but my upper arms are hurting.

Oh, yes – my fake arm is still on show. I hope I didn't attract any unwanted attention.

The last job Geri did on it before...before I left...made the cogs rust-proof. Just what I need to actually enjoy times like this.

I should have given her a proper goodbye. She didn't deserve me just walking away – his funeral, too.

I rest my head back and slowly close my eyes. I think on all the times me and Maraldi spent together, as I often do now, and indeed have done for the last month, and breathe slowly.

This abandoned shack is suitable for me. Out of sight, out of mind – far from the town and the marshals, and even then I can at least hide my arm from them.

I sigh, and breathe slowly, then a little quicker, quicker-

"Hm?"

I open my eyes and raise my head enough to see her sat beside the bathtub.

*Her*.

My hands clench to the tub and I raise myself hard, but it appears I'm at a disadvantage when she increases the grip she has on my growing erection.

My breathing is a mixture of excitement and extreme anger – it would be very much a coincidence if this...creature...wasn't the one responsible for Maraldi's death.

"You and I need to talk." She says to me.

I try to calm down, resting my back back into the tub.

"You...You did it, didn't you?"

She nods slowly – she can't fool me with that innocent smile she's giving me. It's not helping that she's stroking faster. I'm trying to focus my anger on her.

"Did he really mean that much to you? After all this time, you still torture yourself this way?"

My fingers clench the rim of the tub once more. Where did I leave my fucking gun this time?

She's stroking harder, my breath quickening as I try to remain composed.

"Ask me that after I kill someone close to you – that is, if I don't kill you first."

She just smiles, the little bitch. Christ, she's stroking harder. I feel my precum seep out as I stare at her.

"It was necessary...in order to get to you."

I unenthusiastically raise an eyebrow to what she says.

"You see, my master would like to speak to you." She strokes faster, causing me to bite my lip secretly from her. "If you comply...he might just give you what you want the most."

"Mmh...And what...exactly...is it that...I want the most?"

Christ, this is embarrassing. I clench my eyes and allow a moan to slip out as she makes me cum hard over my stomach. I open my eyes once more – she's smiling to herself, staring at the intricately-detailed work that is my arm.

She turns back to me.

"Your dear friend, back from the dead."

I snarl – she should have kept her hand where it was. I rise up to strike at her, but her hand grabs my wrist with unfathomable speed. I try to release it from her grip – she's just looking at me.

I realise I'm still at a disadvantage. She lets go of my arm as I rise out of the bathtub, releasing the water. She's staring at my crotch, but I simply step out of the other side and grab a nearby towel to start drying off.

"We set off today." I hear her rise, but turn to look at her.

"What in the name of God makes you think I'm going to go anywhere with you?"

"If you want to see Maraldi again, then you won't disappoint my master, and accept his invitation."

She doesn't even turn around – I hear her leave the house and rest my hands to the sink. I close my eyes – a brief pause, whereby I soon smash my artificial hand into the mirror. I yell, painfully, angrily.

-------5 Minutes Later-------

She's facing away from me as I exit the house. Upon closing the door, she glances back.

I've, at the very least, made an effort to look presentable. My long coat protects my waistcoat and clean shirt from the random drifts of sand that reach out this far to the shack.

My beard's completely shaven – moustache and all. There's no point styling it for anyone now. But my mind still flickers slightly with intrigue at what this creature said.

She leads the way to two nearby horses, waiting patiently side by side facing my abode.

"You're Infinity. Aren't you"

She simply nods with a brief glance back to me.

That's all I need. For now.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • Infernal Machines Ch. 03

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 188 milliseconds