• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Last Daughter of Luna

Last Daughter of Luna

1234

Chapter 1

December always seemed to bring out the worst in people, apparently shifters were no exception. Animosity was her only emotion; her body ached fiercely from the cold New Hampshire air. Shivering, she spat at the ground. So much for being hot blooded.

Shudders racked her curvy frame viciously as harsh winds whipped through her thin clothing, riddling her skin with plump goose bumps. The only relief from the cold for miles was a small dimly lit diner. 'Blue Moon' flashed in neon through the windows, it almost looked inviting. Almost.

Stepping into the parking lot she realized how tired she was of this ridiculous running, maybe now was the time to seek out some help. Scoffing, she looked toward the empty diner wearily. Help? Yah right. Humans inherently feared her and any shifter would try to rip her throat out on sight or worse, she couldn't afford another mistake.

Taking a deep breath she felt her sensitive nose wrinkle in disgust, her sense of smell was muddled by the bitter stench of her own blood. Those fucking mages did a number on her, leaving welts and open slices peppered along her skin. Dark blood had soaked through her sleeves leaving horrifying stains along her clothes.

Walking inside hesitantly she felt the need to reach a table before anyone could get a good look at her. She didn't want to be seen. Thankfully, only a single old man sat across the large room reading the paper.

Slumping into an oversize booth with a huff, she tucked her arm close to her chest, willing the pain away. Her wounds burned terribly and would not heal. Dangerous acidic poison ate away at her muscle sending a constant dull pain through her, hammering away at her sanity. She couldn't withstand another fight, she wasn't even sure if she would fully recover from this one.

Her powers were depleting rapidly leaving her painfully vulnerable, she needed to think of a plan but her mind wouldn't respond with anything productive.

Glancing up, she watched as a waitress eyed her suspiciously from the stone counter. Gray frizzy hair hung loosely around her narrow shoulders, she looked frail but at the same time dangerously alert. Did she know? Could she sense what she was?

Offering a small smile, Morgan began looking through the dusty menu trying to keep her demeanor casual. Casual for a person bleeding to death in a public diner.

She watched the waitress walk hesitantly towards her, deep wrinkles and leathery skin stared intensely through thick bifocals. Her white apron was stained brown with splotches of food still caked on.

"Can I help you," she murmured fidgeting awkwardly with her pen and pad. Clearing her throat Morgan regarded the menu again, "Just a coffee for now. Do you recommend anything?"

"We only have breakfast at this time." Turning abruptly, the waitress walked toward the counter retrieving the pot of coffee pouring it into a small mug. Morgan could feel the hate radiate off the woman as she returned, "let me know if you want anything else."

Nodding Morgan twirled her spoon, "Thanks."

The woman looked at her with a fake smile as she walked off, leaving a bitter scent in her wake. Emotions smelled so distinctly and pierced over all other scents, this woman's anger and hate smelled like garbage and old eggs. Disgusting.

Taking a slow sip of her coffee Morgan let the warmth fill her stomach giving her brief comfort. She knew the waitress would probably call the police, at least if she had any sense she would. Might as well enjoy the coffee before they arrive, she needed to move to another location soon anyway.

Her legs twitched as sharp needles ran up her calves insistently, she wouldn't be able to go more than a few miles before collapsing. Running for eight days had destroyed her body more than she anticipated, her healing abilities weren't able to keep up with the damage she had sustained.

Rubbing her cheeks she wondered how terrible she must look. She wiped her face in vain trying to erase the dirt and blood residue. Closing her eyes, she released her mass of thick and unkempt curls from its elastic, running her flingers along her scalp. Loose black tendrils fell onto her shoulders brushing against her neck.

Touching her hair aimlessly she looked out the window again. Something didn't feel right. Before she could grasp what her instincts were telling her she sensed it.

Her eyes flashed open as a surge of energy slammed into her sending stars across her eyes. Nostrils flared, she picked apart the stagnant air, a dangerously familiar scent stung her nose. Fuck.

A male shifter was nearby, his powerful energy and enticing musky aroma grew more potent as seconds ticked by, she needed to leave. Now.

Her mouth felt painfully dry, she could barely breathe as her arm began to burn with renewed fervor. She knew she couldn't fight anyone and running with him this close would just make it a chase.

The gears in her head sputtered as she attempted to wake her spirit, her tiger was beyond exhausted whimpering softly within her mind. "Not now, come on this is an emergency," she whispered harshly to herself.

Closing her eyes she focused harder, stirring her reluctant tiger awake. Growling in frustration she looked around the diner, there was no other exit but the front door. She put herself into the perfect trap.

She felt her head grow foggy as she conjured the last of her power. Lethal sparks jumped between her finger tips quietly as it grew.

At least she could still conjure up some magic, being unable to shift was a serious handicap, her body was far too damaged to be physically useful. But her magic was beyond depleted; she had to use it wisely or she might end up hurting herself more.

She winced as his energy pulsed into her again, this time stronger and hotter. Her legs began to tremble as she felt him closing in, his raw power entered the diner before his body, warning her of his arrival.

Hot air filled the diner fogging the windows; steam crawled up the glass blurring her vision of the parking lot. He's here.

The slow creak of the front door screamed in her ears as her body burned with involuntary desire and ungodly pain. With every beat of his energy she felt more cemented in her seat, how could her body react like this when she was in such obvious danger. His power was impressive but she was at her last nerve, she would not be killed or captured. Not today.

She kept her eyes focused intently on her coffee mug, she knew that seeing his face would unravel her concentration and at this point she needed all the brain power she could muster up.

Her tiger purred within her sensing his proximity, she could feel her pussy tingle as a slow fire ignited. Damn him, he was affecting her. She could feel him, his strength and power hugged her like a warm blanket calling to her primal desire for protection and inciting an uncontrollable lust that grew by the second.

Gritting her teeth, she squeezed her legs together. She could not let her body control her; he will sense it and she will be at an even worse disadvantage.

Her mind was in a frenzy fighting a losing battle with her body, her natural urges were growing more powerful and persistent.

Crippling her in place, she felt her body yearn painfully for a mate, any fucking mate apparently. Her heat cycle was dangerously close, she needed to get out into the forest again before it was too late. She needed to run.

She knew her scent was already saturating the air inviting male shifters to her location but she underestimated how much time she would have before they caught up to her.

The urge to look at the man that carried this powerful energy was all consuming, his energy called to her spirit with stunning force. Time had slowed down as she felt eyes burning into her. The footsteps finally fell silent.

Her breath hitched in her throat as she turned toward him. As expected he was a giant beast of a man standing at least a foot above her, his massive body blocked the narrow aisle as he stepped forward. He was big even by shifter standards, his body displayed hard lethal muscles and broad shoulders that tensed with every breath he took.

Blinking rapidly her eyes met his; dilated black pools of obsidian stared at her intently, borderline menacingly. She had seen that look before, she felt her heart beat hard against her chest. He was going to kill her.

She could see it in his eyes, his spirit instinctively wanted to dominate her, probably kill her in the process. She gritted her teeth feeling her canines elongate, she couldn't have run into a more perfect specimen for a mate.

Panic contorted her face as she jerked up violently holding her arm against her chest. His eyes left hers as he looked over her body, even with several feet between them she felt the weight of his gaze penetrate her, stripping her naked down to her vulnerable battered soul.

She needed to put space between them, but those eyes. They captivated her.

His brow creased as he assessed her injuries, taking another step closer she could see blonde streaks within his thick chestnut hair. His face was stoically handsome, with a strong roman nose and sun kissed skin. A few light freckles and coarse brown stubble ran along his chiseled jaw line. What a beautiful predator. She took a moment to commit him to memory as he looked at her in silence.

It was at this point she realized how bad she must look. She felt disgusting, her skin definitely wasn't flawless let alone clean, it was covered in dirt, blood and God knows what else. Her hair was knotted and wild around her head and her bloodied clothes were making her smell worse than road kill.

Strong shoulders and lithe muscles strained against black fabric as came closer, closing the gap between them.. His movements seemed calculated, as if he didn't want to scare her off but wanted to make sure she knew she couldn't run if she tried.

Her body burned as she strained to hold her arm, she could feel her pussy begin to throb. His effect on her was maddening, she was delusional if she thought she could ignore it.

Lifting his arms slowly he inched closer, "Please don't run, I will not hurt you."

Her ear hummed in excitement at his deep voice, husky and smooth, it sent warmth through her like a glass of Southern Comfort. Her nerves calmed momentarily as she felt an odd sense of comfort wash over her.

"I just want to talk." His eyes held her again, she could almost see the beast that lurked within him.

He was exceedingly powerful, for the first time in her life she was hopelessly outmatched by an opponent.

His muscular body hid beneath a plain black shirt and jeans, his heavy boots echoed as he stepped closer, "Please?"

She laughed in confusion. Please? Why wasn't he attacking? She could feel his energy pulse around him, he had the power to kill her.

He must be toying with her.

Her voice betrayed her cracking as she spoke, "Talk... about what exactly?"

Frowning, he sat across from her engulfing the other side of the booth. His proximity made her head spin, or maybe it was the blood loss, either way she felt terribly disoriented.

"Lots of things, like how you are still alive with these wounds..." Reaching for her, he softly touched her hand sending a bolt of heat through her. Hard calluses rubbed against her slender fingers steading her shaking hand.

"You need treatment, I could smell your blood miles away. I had to run off three pride mates on my way here."

Anxiously she pulled her hand away from him, "Thanks, but I'm fine."

His eyes darkened as he leaned close to her, his pupils dilating, "I am Nicholas Fury, Alpha of this territory. You are on my pride lands injured and obviously in danger, you will come with me for treatment. You are in no place to refuse me."

Feeling impossibly small she felt rage boil within her, "Go with you, I don't even fucking know you. Get away from me before I scream."

A low growl came from him making her heart rate speed up, she would not be intimidated. The nerve of him commanding anything from her, she was not a part of his pride.

His black eyes shined with hints of metallic silver, she could feel his shifter spirit pushing closer to the surface sensing her challenge. Her own beast stirred within her in warning. She needed to stop provoking him but couldn't. His arrogant attitude struck a nerve within her.

Breathing in deeply a sly grin cracked across his handsome face.

"You are an unmated female correct? I can smell your approaching heat, you cannot be in my territory traveling alone. Your scent will draw others to you if you are not relieved. They will not be as pleasant as I am, you must know this."

Feeling the blood rush to her face she leered at him menacingly, "Are you deaf or just dumb? Fuck. Off."

Rushing to stand she felt his large hand grab hold of her arm, "Okay kitty, that was rude of me but you must understand..."

Struggling to get away from him she felt her wounds burning, "Did I fucking stutter? Leave me alone dammit."

Before she could give him a slap across the face a sharp pain shoot through her arm unexpectedly.

Gasping she felt her limbs grow heavy and numb, within seconds her mind began to fog as the urge to sleep overcame her.

He stood abruptly wrapping his arms around her, "Please don't hate me," was all she heard before she succumbed to darkness.

Chapter 2

He didn't want to use the tranquilizer on her, although he knew he would have to. Just from her scent he knew she was a pure blood, he knew he would have to take her but hoped she would come willing. He just wanted to help her but she just had to be defiant, fighting him even with those agonizing injuries.

He knew from the moment her scent hit him that she was his. His mate... a concept that eluded him until now. A mate that obviously was not interested in him. His gums ached anticipating her taste, he had never felt the need to claim any one hit him so hard.

Seeing her beaten and dying made his tiger go insane, the metallic stench of her blood propelled him across the city in search of her. Whoever did this would pay, she was so battered it was a wonder she was conscious at all.

Putting her limp body into his jeep he considered his options. The tranquilizer wouldn't keep her out for long, it was only meant to incapacitate shifters not knock them unconscious. He needed to get her to his den before she woke back up. Her battered body wouldn't last much longer without some kind of treatment.

His jaw ticked impatiently as he drove, it was nine long miles until he reached his estate. It felt like an eternity until he approached the stone and brick walls of his den. The large estate loomed over rolling hills of dense forest and lush wild gardens. Large iron gates greeted him at the end of the dirt road driveway, opening quickly to allow him access.

Jumping from the jeep he lifted her in his arms, blood had soaked into his clothes and dripped along the pavement. Her blood. She had already lost so much, he could feel her life force weakening by the second.

Her warm breath tickled his neck, reminding him that she was still alive.

His tiger stirred impatiently wanting to ease her pain, he had never had such a powerful need to protect and care for anyone, not even with his own brothers. The deep growls that echoed in his mind kept him focused as he pressed her body closer to his. Inside, we must get her inside.

The estate was brightly lit, casting silhouettes through the large bay windows. Someone better be home, he didn't have time to summon anyone.

Bursting through the door, Fury raced down the long hallway towards the kitchen placing her softly onto a large mahogany table. Tearing off his shirt, he tied a makeshift tourniquet around her arm pressing firmly. Blackened blood continued to run from her wounds painting a gruesome picture along her skin. She was cut up worse than he expected with remnants of poison burning around several gashes.

"Just stay with me," he whispered into her hair as he felt her skin grow hotter. Sweat broke out over her cheeks and forehead as a fever began to spread. "Please, stay with me."

It took him a moment to realize his brother stood quietly behind him observing them curiously.

Damien shifted uncomfortably looking at the woman before him, "Should I even ask?"

"No," Fury said harshly rummaging through cabinets. "She's been hurt badly, definitely poisoned. Her body is not healing fast enough." Reaching into a drawer he pulled out an unmarked vial of red liquid. Fae Blood.

Approaching her head he nodded to Damien, "Hold her still Damien," he said placing the vial to her lips.

Gently, he felt her forehead again. Heat stung his fingertips, she will burn alive at this rate.

Tipping her head back, he parted her soft lips and held the vile steady. Pouring the blood down her throat carefully, he willed the pain away focusing all his power on her wounds. He could feel his energy engulfing her, trying to cool her down. Trying to save her.

Within seconds she was overcome with violent spasms shaking the table, "Hold her Damien," he barked with a growl.

Seizures were to be expected, her muscles and bones were reacting to the blood, attempting to grow back. She tossed and turned violently, her power surpassed Damien forcing Fury to hold her steady as well.

His hands roamed over her tattered clothes feeling the hidden soft body beneath, instinctively his tiger roared in his ears. Save her. You must save her.

Tensing, he focused on spreading his energy throughout her to aid the blood, hopefully it was enough. It had to be enough.

He felt a rush of hot pain enter his body suddenly staggering him, sharp images of blood soaked fangs and gore flashed through his mind in graphic clarity. His head began to pound as he tried to commit each image to memory. What the fuck happened to her?

Suddenly she stopped jerking, her muscles relaxed as soft wisps of white smoke lifted from her wounds, sealing them.

He watched silently as the gashes began to slowly close, relief washed over him as her beautiful brown eyes finally opened.

With a soft cry she gently sat up holding her head gingerly, "What the hell man..."

Tentatively, Fury wiped her curls from forehead, tucking them behind each ear.

"Are you in pain?", he whispered caressing her cheek. Confused eyes peered at him cautiously, "Not so much anymore... but my arm, how did you fix it? I... I should be dead."

Lifting her up into his arms he left the kitchen and began to walk upstairs, "We will talk about it tomorrow, you need to rest now." Expecting objection he was surprised when she silently slumped against his chest.

"Okay," she whispered.

Nestling into him he felt her fall asleep almost immediately, she must be exhausted.

Without hesitation he placed her on his large plush bed. He watched as her small body sank into the thick white comforter. She was safe now.

He stared at her for a while, soaking in the details of her face. Luscious pink lips that curved perfectly into a cupid's bow, a small button nose with rose pinched cheeks against caramel skin. She was beautiful, even more so after witnessing her amazing recovery.

The pleasure that he felt watching her wounds heal was uncanny, paralleled only to sating bloodlust with an enemy. He had never felt such emotions, he thought he was incapable of them.

Crawling in beside her, he pulled her warm body against his. He couldn't help but bury his face in her soft curls. Inhaling deeply his mouth began to water, even with the stench of blood light honey and pine tickled his nose. No one has ever smelled this good to him, it made him feel dazed, almost drunk on power. His tiger was insistent within his mind. Mine. She is mine. Claim her. Now.

Feeling his teeth grow sharper he ran his lips over her soft throat. Just a taste, his tiger insisted within him pushing hard against his skull. Just to be sure.

1234
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Last Daughter of Luna

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 66 milliseconds