• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Silver Moon: Bk. 02 Ch. 08

Silver Moon: Bk. 02 Ch. 08

123

When the Mistress of the Moon vanished everyone stood there frozen for a few moments. Xipil was still out of it, Geoff was looking pale with the strain, Mari definitely had a broken leg and arm so they were down. Of the two specialists one was collapsed on the floor and she was pretty sure the other was dead. His neck was bent at an unnatural angle and she couldn't hear any breathing from him.

When the portal opened and deposited the girl on the floor she almost cried at first since nobody had the energy to do anything. As one tail rose to do what it could to protect everyone the girl appeared on the floor. It was obvious that she was unconscious but was in severe agony from the wounds. Pam didn't have any energy left and simply called for help. *I need medics, guards, and mystics or magic users in Xipil's rooms sooner than soon. One, no two severely injured female wolves, the leader is unconscious, my mate is back but he is unconscious as well, and I am going to drop in a moment.* Which was exactly what she had done. The last thing she remembered was the sounds of feet running in their direction.

~~~

Back at the lair the tainted one wasn't even twitching. How long he was going to be out was anyone's guess since the backlash of the magic being broken was going to be horrible. Much of his equipment had been damaged or destroyed and to replace it was going to take time. It wasn't just finding the right age, gender, and virtue of being needed to cast the spells but many had to take place on certain days of the month, quarter cycle, or year. The preparations would take time as the spell materials were gathered and prepared properly as well. One thing nobody was there to see was the cork to the bottle he had been holding had been knocked slightly out of alignment.

~~~

Amaratsue and Red were at one of their favorite watering holes discussion the ladies in their lives as well as Amaratsue's kits. Both of them were feeling quite pleased with how things were moving along now that they had an idea of what was happening. They had been talking about that as well and had come to the conclusion that the evil had been aimed at the south simply due to the population. Up north were more powerful supernatural beings but in the south when the term hordes of peasants was used it was meant. There was easily three to four times the population of that nation state compared to the combined population of the major countries in the north.

Amaratsue was holding a decent sized mug of Saki and was sipping from it. He wasn't near wasted, just feeling just a bit buzzed at the moment. Since he was a spirit creature he could eliminate that almost instantly if needed though. "...Anyways as I was saying I have a feeling that whatever this evil is it has aimed it sights to the south for two reasons, sorry I am going to probably annoy you with this. First is you have been rather distracted with your chase for some time, in human standards for over a century. You have allowed the humans to not just prosper in your lands but to eventually take them over. With this the evil was able to invade the seat of human power and work his, or her, tails into their affairs. I did try and look back and see if I could identify when it started but the best guess is about halfway through the last century." He took another sip of the warm saki.

Red sighed. "I know Ratsue but damn it she has some fine tails and she has led me on a merry chase. I know she wants to mate with me and become both my mate and the mother of my children. I don't know why she hasn't accepted any of my offers or hints. I have never had this much trouble with a female before damn it." He took a sip of brandy and his eyes turned dreamy. "Her fur is so soft and well groomed, she is fine looking in all three forms, her tails dance to a hidden music, and above all she is smart as a whip. I know there are some of the old guard who don't find that a redeeming quality in a female but I do. I happen to know for a fact that you do as well."

Amaratsue snorted at him and leaned forward with both of his elbows rested on the table. "Red please don't take this wrong but Gin No had been given one of the 'love letters' you had sent. She accidently left it on her dressing table in our room and I glanced at it before I realized it wasn't hers. I am sorry but something along the lines of 'Your Tails are so sweet, why don't we meet and...'. I know you are still fairly young but you need to work on your approach just a wee bit." He had to chuckle slightly since he remembered doing similar things at Red's age.

Red stared at him and started to retort that he had worked hard on that little poem about her tails. Before he could he felt a cool hand on his shoulder. The voice sent a chill up his spine and he knew that he was in trouble. It wasn't that he necessarily recognized it so much as the tone of a seriously pissed off female.

"Good evening boys and I am pleased to see you here. I really hope you don't mind my sitting at your table." Her voice was cool as the moonlight and smooth as a polished rock. When the woman came into view she was a very graceful beauty but with a hint of distant coolness in her movements. Her hair was long and flowing, her features were smooth and an ageless beauty that caught the eye even though the coolness of her gaze seemed to indicate she didn't have time for you. The body under the flowing silvery dress hinted at forbidden desires and delights.

Amaratsue sighed when she sat down and Red just looked confused. "Red meet the Mistress of the Moon, the Alpha female of all wolves. You could say she is top dog of all the packs." He turned to her and settled for a smile and pleasant greeting. "How are you doing Luna? I have a feeling that saying it is nice to see you again might not be totally appropriate but I have always liked living on the edge." He reached over and took one of her hands and lifted it to his nose and inhaled before kissing it. "You are looking as lovely this evening as usual. I have missed our little meetings in the past but with the mate I can't dally anymore."

Red looked at her and then at Ratsue and was starting to feel rather confused. He also had a feeling if they weren't very careful there was going to be a great deal of pain in his future. Once Ratsue was done Red lightly bowed to her and repeated the gesture. "I knoweth you naught much to my sorrow. I wish I had perchance met you previously Mistress Luna if for no other reason than to make the acquaintance of such a lovely lady."

Amaratsue did his best not to kick Red's foot under the table. The moon was a fickle mistress and though she had been fun to dally with frankly she scared him silly at times. Right now was one of them and he had to wonder how badly they had ticked her off.

Luna gave both males a gentle smile though there was a brief flash of fangs. "Good evening gentlemen. It is pleasant to see you Amaratsue and your mate is looking well. Please give her my congratulations when you next see her. The two kits you have graced my wolf and his mate with are darling and starting to stir the urges to mate and have some more pups of my own. You did get the present I sent you at your mating I assume?" Before he could answer she turned to Red and gave him a definite wolfish smile. "If you weren't so young I would have to consider inviting you to my home. I have met your future mate as well and found she is a very intelligent woman. It is very enjoyable to see males that appreciate intelligence in their women."

Red had no idea when she might have met Aka No and was rather curious about this. "I am pleased that you approve of her and I do appreciate her mind as much as the rest of her. An intelligent Kitsune is usually a skilled one and makes the chasing and catching all the more fun. Once they have let you catch them they keep life interesting as well." He tilted his head and twitched his ears. "When did you meet her?"

Amaratsue settled back in the chair and eyeballed the saki and sighed before pushing it away for the moment. Pain was most definitely headed their way and he would prefer the drink afterwards to dull the pain. For now he would let Red wonder and play. Since all Kitsunes played and even if they got it in the end as long as they had fun it was worth it. They would learn but sometimes the learning curve was steep.

Luna gave Amaratsue a knowing smile and a quirk of her eyebrow before returning her attention to Red. She leaned forward and cocked her ears at him. Just for good measure she propped her chin on one hand and gave him an arch look. "I met her and took her measure when I sent this missive to the ladies. They seemed to understand what was going on and chose to allow me to deal with it." She smiled as she placed the missive in front of Red and watched as he folded it open to read it.

Red didn't know what to make of what she said as she was pulling the missive out and placed it in front of him. When he folded it open and read it he blanched as he read the following:

"Greetings and salutations from the Mistress,

I have stepped in and dealt with the corruption of my wolf. It has been resolved to my satisfaction and he will heal quickly. Know that I am not pleased with what has been done to 'My' wolf without being asked. I am currently enroute to discuss this with Rusty and Amaratsue. Which tail would you prefer me not to rip off as I explain my displeasure? Just note the number on this missive and it will come back to me.

Do not interfere with my wolves again without asking. Next time, if there is a next time, it will be two tails I will remove, and then three. Since you are the mates of the spirit lords ensure this is told to them so they will have something to think about next time they feel like using one of 'My' wolves again.

Sincerely

The Mistress of the Moon."

In the missive the number five and three were scrawled down and he frowned since the five was in his future mates hand writing. When he looked up at Ratsue he was frowning at his expression of mixed pleasure and a foreshadowing of pain. "Um..."

Amaratsue sighed. "So which tail has she asked you not to rip off this time? Do you wish to do it here or on the moon paths?" They could run which would amuse her and he was planning on that already but he really did enjoy her conversation and once in a blue moon he would do something to get her attention just to spend time with her. Now that he was mated it was mostly for the conversation though and Gin No enjoyed talking to her as well.

Red looked horrified at the mention of losing a tail and shocked at the cavalier attitude of Ratsue about the loss, no forgone conclusion of the loss of a tail. "What?" It was almost a screech of horror. "What do you mean ripping off a tail?" He gathered all his tails up in his arms as if to protect them. "Why would you want to do that? That is a horrible thing to threaten a Kitsune with."

She smiled at Red. "Hmm, you might not be quite as smart as I thought. Then again you are just a young Kitsune so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Perchance do you remember saying hello to a strong Alpha recently? And for some reason making my wolf look utterly silly by having not just more tails but colorful tails?" She gave him a knowing look when she said that.

As Red was staring in even more horror at her Amaratsue decided to have a drink. "Excuse me barkeep could you bring over a chalice of silver howls please for the lady and I would like two large mugs of an Irish blessing please. Send the bill to my tab." He turned back to Red and simply smiled.

Red was looking between the two of them and settled for the moment on his friend. "Ratsue aren't you even the slightest bit worried? You know what this will mean don't you?" He slugged down the last of the brandy and shuddered when it hit. "They will be able to tell us what to do."

Amaratsue started laughing at Red. "Red old buddy you are looking at this all wrong, they already tell us what to do even if we deny it. This keeps my mate content that she has control over me at times. Granted I don't really care for the idea of losing a tail but it will either grow back or our lovely mistress of the moon will give it back." He was still holding the hand closest to him and gave it a kiss. "Since in a way she is our mistress as well, or at least mine since the Silver Kitsunes do pray to the moon I consider it a way to get her attention."

He looked back at her. "Would you like to come and visit for a few days? The full moon is over so you have a few days before you get back to work right?" Out of the corner of his eye he could see red eyeballing the door and wondering if he could make it or not. *Relax Red and play along.*

"So are those two gentlemen your current paramours? If so they are quite impressive." Now his eyes narrowed at another wolf he had never seen before. She had been in the shadows behind Luna. "And who pray tell is this lovely lady? I have not seen you amongst the pack recently."

She smiled back at him and gave him a toothy grin. "I am the former mate of Alpha Danilo Legarith. Mistress Luna wanted to know if I wanted a couple of Kitsune tails and I decided to come along. It is nice to meet you Lord Amaratsue and Lord Melvin." She winked at Red as he growled.

"My name is not Melvin darn it. If I ever find out who started that rumor they will have a negative sign on their ass showing how far in the hole they are." Red's trickster half was starting to come forward and get amusement out of this. It was a game and they loved games. He took the Irish coffee from the barkeep and waited till Luna had hers as well and he held the cup towards her and then took a sip. "So if you choose to take the tail what might you do with it?"

Nang tapped her chin with one finger as if thinking. "I was thinking about getting it stuffed and mounted so I can have Luna give it to Dan. You know sorta like those talking fish things and it will say things like 'I was a pain in the ass but now I am just a pain in the tail'." She gave him a glowing smile when she said that.

Luna had to cover her eyes for a moment. "Nang I told you that you couldn't do that or make it so when Dan pulled it a fart sound would come from it. I don't know if I should simply drag all my wolves over and give up on that bloody world." She heaved a sigh and took a sip from the chalice and smiled. "Perfect and just the way I like it. Thank you Amaratsue, now as far as the visit I would enjoy that. Now back to the original subject I can remove the tails here or on the moon paths. If I do it here where all and asunder can see you will probably get more sympathy from your mate or future mate and I will even give you a ghost tail you can take back and snivel over."

Amaratsue contemplated it and as he knew she knew he was going to make a run for it. If he could make it back to his palace then he was safe but she would be guarding all the ways there that she knew of. Red was on his own in this case and could run or simply allow her to take it. He glanced at Nang and smiled. "Would you like me to say hello to your mate next I see him?"

She stroked the bracelet on her wrist and sighed. "No, he knows where I am and always takes a moment to say hello on the full moon. He has had enough pain in the last year or two and to keep reminding him would only cause more. Besides I have already given both him and his new mate my blessing and I will request permission to go and say hello once Pamela has their babies. Thank you for asking though."

He stood and walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her. "I understand lady and I will respect that. I, with your Mistress's permission, take memories back and forth as desired." He lightly kissed her forehead before stepping back. "Dan is one hell of an alpha. I have given care of our twins in his care and he is doing a fantastic job with them. I have to admit that I am rather concerned at how Amarish is developing. He seems to be consuming gallons of Dan's attitude when irritated."

Nang laughed at him and lightly punched him on the shoulder. "He is a darling boy and your little girl is wonderful and caring as well. I wish Ana and Allie could meet them one of these days. I have a feeling that might be a bit hard on the spirit world though. Now since Luna is pretending to be distracted why don't you start running."

He laughed and changed into his fox form and scatted. Red watched his friend vanish and growled at him. "I see what kind of friend you are and I might just hunt you down and acquire a replacement tail of my own." He contemplated the cup of Irish blessing his friend had left and with a sigh slugged it down only to realize he had been tricked. The moment the last drop flowed down his throat power surged through him. He felt his body shifting and once done he found a mirror facing him with a small note. "Have fun Mervin and I will see you later." As soon as he read the note it vanished and much to his utter disgust he found he was a pug with ten red tails. "I now officially hate you Ratsue."

As he lowered his ears and face to the bench seat he noticed a hole in the wall with a glowing sign. The sign said 'run you idiot and use the exit here'. All things considered Red didn't even begin to trust Ratsue currently but his Kitsune side went for it. Moments later he was gone down the rabbit hole.

Luna smiled. "Why don't you have a seat Nang and order a drink. It is on Amaratsue's account." She turned and looked at the rest of the wolves in the house. "Hey ladies drinks are on Amaratsue so let's party and show this town a howling good time." She turned back to Nang and grinned. "By the way cute ears there."

Nang twitched and picked up the mirror and looked in it. The ears were definitely wolf ears but they looked so soft and were a dusky black. "Oh my they are lovely but I will be forced to be offended by them and mutter at Dan's Spirit Lord next time and tell him that I requested you to remove another tail so I have a matching set to use as ear rings."

The barkeep sighed and the music started thumping. He had no idea what rock was but the wolves loved it.

~~~

When Dan finally woke he was laying in a nice comfortable bed. He didn't move for several moments as he tried to identify where he was. By scent alone he knew that Pam was lying next to him. Next to his head was Amariah and he knew that since her tails were curled around his head and was tickling his nose. He could smell Amarish as well as a different spirit Kitsune. There was a wolf in the room as well which he didn't recognize but it was female and young.

He must have done something to attract her attention since she spoke to him. "Alpha Legarith do you need anything? I have been assigned as Lady Pam's night assistant."

He heard the rustle of fabric as she moved and he opened his eyes and looked at her. She was maybe the same age as Nancy though it was hard to tell. She definitely wasn't from any of the packs he knew of and had a different scent to her. "Some water would be nice please." His voice was rough from lack of use and he had to swallow several times to get his voice to work.

"Just a moment please Lord Dan." She silently moved to a stand and poured some scented water into a large mug and carried it back. "Here you go sir and it is lightly flavored with pomegranate if that is acceptable."

Dan carefully sat up and winced as the wound on his back reminded him of the fight. It wasn't bad but still painful. He carefully took the cup and took a tentative sip before slowly drinking it down. He didn't really care for the flavor but his body needed the fluids. "Another please and thank you. Please call me Dan and none of that lord or alpha stuff."

123
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Silver Moon: Bk. 02 Ch. 08

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 350 milliseconds